The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

GBC is: "Humanely medicated for awhile because his life has rather changed" ?

Perps who play (cough, sniffle, can't breathe, panic attacks, at risk of depression, can't snap-outta-it, and wearing striped black prison attire) get all the trimmings don't they!!!

Whose lives (that matter and do for others) are forever changed????? Consequent to him being a murderer, liar, swindler, adulterer....

Aghast

Not happy.

Achew!!! "It's OK, I'm just a little hurt and a little sad for myself"

NURSE!!!!

MumME.....

So friend of friend who works at the jelly room or whatever at the prison says that G will be humanely medicated for awhile because his life has rather changed. He's rung his Mum and seen his Mum and Dad now. I think Elaine sprang into action after the verdict. I feel for her. I dont feel for TM.
I like she has added AD to the BC story.

Interesting interview on 2GB with investigative journalist Hedley Thomas who personally knew GBC well and lived nearby. Among other revelations, he visited GBC at Bayden-Clay seniors' home while Allison was missing. http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/53311#.U8crRvmSySo

With new threads here, I can’t be sure if this has been posted previously: apologies if so.

Here's the link to the audio. It wasn't me, is was t777 who originally posted it. (Thanks t777!)

The law is certainly weird. Can't allow stuff in to the trial because it may be "prejudicial" ... whatever that means, I mean surely how you conduct yourself is relevant... and now that the verdict was what? UNREASONABLE?? wtf?
Because a woman lying under a bridge is totally reasonable.
Far canal, I knew the appeal was likely, but still... how on earth is he supposed to have a retrial now with all that's come out in the media?
So disgusted by it all.

Thank you for the link, am listening now. Just heard Hedley say he had never seen Gerard with a beard (early on in he interview he said he knew him for 15 years). Didn't one of the three C's say that he often grew one and they competitions to see who could grow the fastest? Hmmm.

EDIT: as soon as I hit submit and unpaused (is that a word?) the audio I heard he bit about 'growing the beard as a sort of protest until mummy comes home', oh good grief!

What a load of BS.

creep!

The law is certainly weird. Can't allow stuff in to the trial because it may be "prejudicial" ... whatever that means, I mean surely how you conduct yourself is relevant... and now that the verdict was what? UNREASONABLE?? wtf?
Far canal, I knew the appeal was likely, but still... how on earth is he supposed to have a retrial now with all that's come out in the media?
So disgusted by it all.
A judge only retrial is the only way I could think of.

Huh?

"Humanely medicated for awhile because his life has rather changed" ?

Perps who play (cough, sniffle, can't breathe, panic attacks, at risk of depression, can't snap-outta-it, and wearing striped black prison attire) get all the trimmings don't they!!!

Whose lives (that matter and do for others) are forever changed????? Consequent to him being a murderer, liar, swindler, adulterer....

Aghast

Not happy.

Achew!!!

So agree, can't he just get over it, is that not what he wanted Allison to do!

I guess we knew he would appeal, sighs soft, thinking of the Dickies having to go though all this stress, it's so unhealthy for them when they are trying to give those beautiful girls a home they deserve. They will be in my prayers.

Hi Anonthemouse

Can I offer you a paddle for that canal.

Just the best!

So disgusted by it all.

You'll be pleased to know that if GBC needs to make a High Court challenge, that legal aide doesn't fund it.

I read or watched last night (I cannot remember where, everything seems to be merging in my brain lol) that GBC had asked a female employee to have a threesome with him. It didn't indicate who the third person would be. The employee said she was horrified and told him to never ask her that again. The man seems to have no moral boundaries and is not aware what is acceptable behaviour. He seems to think , if he wants it, he should get it. I wonder where he got that sense of entitlement from? Anyway, if he is still interested in a threesome I am sure he will find some willing participants in his new home. Suck it up Princess.

The poor woman...she would have grounds to sue him for sexual harrassment in the workplace.

Hi Camp Chair, was it you who purchased a rooster and named it Gerard? Coincidentally, in the link below, GBC had listed on his Bruce Overland profile that his Chinese Zodiac sign is a 'Rooster'.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ts-of-brookfield/story-fnl1b568-1226965982263

:floorlaugh:

Camp Chair - if you're out there, please give us an update - how has Gerard the Rooster (and his feathered female fan club/ harem) been behaving over the past few days? Any odd happenings to report?

woohoo - glad to hear the tax payers won't have to foot the bill for that debacle.

Mr Field said the appeal court also had the option of substituting murder of manslaughter if they found there was no evidence Baden-Clay intended to kill his wife.

"But they are more likely to send it back for retrial," he said.

Baden-Clay - who is housed at Wolston Correctional Centre, west of Brisbane - faces a 15-year non-parole period.

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/law-juror-forbidden-appeals/2321112/

With all of the information now coming out in MSM about GBC, which paints him in an increasingly unfavourable light, is it even going to be possible to get a fair trial if a re-trial is ordered? They would not even be able to hold it in another state or bring in an interstate jury - everybody in Australia and most of the world now knows all about his background, character, other misdemeanours etc.

Or would a re-trial be a judge-only affair?

I always thought Wattle Day was August 1st too.....that's when we always had it :)

I have no idea about Wattle Day but based on my personal gardening experience and plant-geek tendencies, I would have thought wattles were in bloom closer to August 1 than September 1. I even remember seeing some wattles blossoming in July some years and remarking that it was a very, very, very early sign of spring.

BigT

I'm 3:20hrs behind but that the TM interview could fund GBC appeal is up in the 10 most shocking and unjust consequences of GBC being born and his contribution to society.

Let's hope the timing of TM's interview and perhaps her visitation or contact with GBC and the defence can be linked to such a PLAN.

My :twocents: for what it's worth...

My opinion is that TM's paid interview was her own idea and organised on her own initiative, but it may be that members of the Hyphen-Hyphen family might attempt to persuade, sweet-talk, arm-twist, exert undue pressure or otherwise convince her that the proceeds should go towards Mr Hyphen-Hyphen's appeal fund.

I just removed a few posts due to rumor (stating facts without link) and name variations. Both are clearly spelled out in our rules forum as violations. Pay attention, please!

:cheers:

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 54s

Appeal document says #badenclay does not wish to be present when court considers appeal. @9NewsBrisbane

Why?

Because that is the only way to ensure that he doesn't get carried away and take the stand and start rambling nonsense?

Because the judge would take one look at him and throw the appeal (and him) out?

Mr Shields advised Elaine Baden-Clay and Nigel Baden-Clay the convicted murderer's biological parents not to open their mouths to speak to the media anymore and absolutely NOT TO B'WELL PASH again for the media!!!

We have one thing to thank Mr Shields for . (collective sigh ? )

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but do I recall reading early on in this case, that lawyer Mr Peter Shields was a personal friend of GBC from way back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member