The (Alleged) Abduction

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Route 29 killing of Alicia Showalter Reynolds and the attempted abductions of women during that same time happened in 1996 - JM would have only been 16 at the time - while some media outlets have made reference to the Route 29 stalker while talking about MH and HG, I think it's safe to say, simply based on age, JM is not the Route 29 stalker/murderer.

'Anyone after the age of 14 years old should not be disregarded, wall0214. Sixteen is also the minimum age to acquire a drivers licence'...Many, if not most sexual predators cross the threshold of sexual fantasy to dark reality during adolescence, imo..

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...leen-ritzer/5bcPieUo0n6R3fyYqRTxWN/story.html

Philip Chism accused of raping, killing Danvers High teacher
DANVERS — Prosecutors said Thursday that the 14-year-old student charged with killing Danvers High School teacher Colleen Ritzer last month also raped her and robbed her of her cellphone, credit cards, and underwear before dumping her body in a nearby wooded area.

The new details were revealed in indictments handed up by an Essex County grand jury. It charged freshman Philip D. Chism with not only first-degree murder, but also aggravated rape and armed robbery in the slaying, which has stunned the small town and garnered nationwide attention.

Philip Chism indicted in attack on DYS worker -> Updated 3 weeks ago --> http://m.salemnews.com/news/local_news/article_103f479c-80a0-50fe-a990-614c633af997.html?mode=jqm

Chism, 15, will now face charges of attempted murder by strangulation, assault with intent to murder, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, all as a youthful offender, in Suffolk County Juvenile Court, said Jake Wark, a spokesman for Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley.

The “youthful offender” designation exposes Chism to potential adult penalties, which range up to 20 years for attempted murder. It also opens all proceedings in the case to the public. An arraignment date has not been scheduled, Wark said.

Prosecutors say that on June 2 Chism assaulted a 29-year-old female staff member at the Metro Youth Services facility in Dorchester, where he was being held awaiting trial in the Danvers murder case. Chism, who is being held without bail, was sent to the facility because he is under 18.

Jessica Ridgeway wasn't 17 year old Austin Sigg's first abduction/sexual assault attempt. His first victim; a female jogger overpowered him-->

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24631031/evidence-details-twisted-path-that-led-austin-sigg
When Sigg sprang from the Jeep, Jessica screamed, but no one heard her.

<Watch interview at link>
The details of Jessica Ridgeway's final hours are known only by her killer. But documents, court testimony, interviews with prosecutors and newly released videotaped statements from Austin Sigg outline the intersection of a troubled 17-year-old and a happy girl just after she left her home at 8:35 a.m.

The evidence shows Sigg as an adept and callous liar, whose chilling confessions may have been understatements or outright fiction.
After his arrest, Austin Sigg spent hours describing to investigators what he says was a crime at a "random place, random time, random everything." His defense attorneys argued that his actions were impulsive and that he struggled to understand them.

But prosecutors and court testimony suggest Sigg, who pleaded guilty to all of the charges against him on Oct. 1, spent months planning and studying, searching the Internet for chloroform recipes and the "Top Ten Places People Get Abducted." Sigg's confidence in his method, however, may have led to some of his greatest missteps.

And Sigg's confidence in investigator's methods &#8212; he believed they already had linked his DNA to Jessica's murder and an attack on a jogger at Ketner Lake &#8212; turned out to be another mistake.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

This publication which was posted by Foxfire, is a must read.

There is no doubt in my mind the perp has done many more crimes.

As OBE states, they get more sloppy over time as they think they are invincible as they have not gotten caught.

The sheer normalcy of some of these SK is unreal. Married with several children, good jobs, church positions, daily Bible reading.

For those who think the perp has a conscience, please read this publication

In the video at the mall, when LJM spotted Hannah and made a U turn to follow her, I believe he picked up on the fact that she was impaired and alone.
From that point on her fate was sealed.
A similar behavior is noted in the wildlife documentaries on Nat Geo. The lion is resting in a shady spot as a herd of gazelle go by,
then he spots one gazelle limping and lagging behind the herd.
Instantly, the lion alerts on that particular animal's infirmity and vulnerability.
The gazelle's fate is also sealed at that point in time.
I think LJM's behavior is as simple and instinctive as that.

'Anyone after the age of 14 years old should not be disregarded, wall0214. Sixteen is also the minimum age to acquire a drivers licence'...Many, if not most sexual predators cross the threshold of sexual fantasy to dark reality during adolescence, imo..

There were women who were pulled over/attempted to be pulled over during this time by a white man - in a Nissan truck - this article contains a composite sketch of the possible perp:
http://www.readthehook.com/85777/co...showalter-reynolds-fall-and-rise-darrell-rice

The Route 29 killing of Alicia Showalter Reynolds and the attempted abductions of women during that same time happened in 1996 - JM would have only been 16 at the time - while some media outlets have made reference to the Route 29 stalker while talking about MH and HG, I think it's safe to say, simply based on age, JM is not the Route 29 stalker/murderer.

Sorry for the confusion. :doh: I meant that LE thought JM could be responsible for some of the unsolved cases on the Save the Next Girl map of missing women along Hwy 29. I'm not sure if there's a name for that. :confused:

Jmo I doubt JM was counting on a lone college girl coming on the plaza. From what people say, the college students do not frequent that area. And then he approaches her, talks her into a drink, uses his credit card, many people see him with her...whatever he did, he had not necessarily planned it from the start Imo. If he is such an experienced, never been caught killer, he surely would not had made so many mistakes in a planned abduction. Literally everyone knew he was the last known person to be with her. Does not make sense unless she fought him later on, which is likely. But for LE lay out a devious plan seems difficult at best.

BBM/ I absolutely agree. He was just hoping that something would turn up. Just broke up with girlfriend, feeling the urge for some sex that night. I think he was on the make with those women earlier--there is a rather complete timeline of what he was doing, who he was with before he ran into Hannah. He seemed to be full of himself, aggresive enough that those women ditched him, he hurt someone horseplaying. Yeah, he was jumpy, antsy, and on the prowl, and happened to run into Hannah making it what he probably thought was his lucky day.

And I think he was as nice as could be with her until she said "no". Clearly, she willing went with him to the end of the mall, waited for him while he bought 2 more drinks, maybe had one (she'd likely have been quite thirsty) and got into his car.

That the checker who saw her outside of Tempo says she was in need of some physical support, was that incapacitated when it didn't show on the tapes, makes me suspicious if something wasn't in that drink to do to that, but it is possible that she just chugged the beer to fast and it got her sick, or that the evening all caught up with her and now that she felt safe, she was just collapsing then.

But she might not have acquiesed to his moves, and that might have been what sealed her fate. I truly believe JM has done this before, and maybe the girls he picked up went along with him or were so drunk and incapacitated that they couldn't put up much of a fight. So he'd do whatever, and then dump them off at home, and many would not even really remember what happend and be too ashamed and confused to report it. I hope any such women have stepped up to LE. But for whatever reason, with Hannah, he did not return her (and if it turns out he's the Perp for MH the same with her). He may well not have planned on killing and hiding her, but it just turned out that way, and he had no qualms doing this. Instead, of backing off, and taken the refusal and taking her back to Charlottesville, he got rid of her is my theory.

But I don't think he planned this out at all. A perfect evening would have been to find a girl drunk, happy to go with him and partake of the activities. What happened with Hannah made it much more work, more risk. I wish we knew as well what he was doing when after he left Tempo as we do before.

In the video at the mall, when LJM spotted Hannah and made a U turn to follow her, I believe he picked up on the fact that she was impaired and alone.
From that point on her fate was sealed.
A similar behavior is noted in the wildlife documentaries on Nat Geo. The lion is resting in a shady spot as a herd of gazelle go by,
then he spots one gazelle limping and lagging behind the herd.
Instantly, the lion alerts on that particular animal's infirmity and vulnerability.
The gazelle's fate is also sealed at that point in time.
I think LJM's behavior is as simple and instinctive as that.

Excellent!

He had sweet looks in some of his pics.

But on the tarmac, his predator personality is screaming out at me. A whole new look that is being shown to the public.

I think all along since he first raped way back in 2002 he always looked for unsuspecting future targets. He seems to strike when the opportunity is right in the trigger months of September and October. I believe it was always on his mind and he became a hunter always looking for the next opportunity. I do believe when he saw Hannah that night that he knew she would become his next victim.

Actually from what I have read about SKs and SRs the longer they get away with their crimes the sloppier they get and that is when they make mistakes that finally captures them. I think the same thing happened with JM. After getting away with horrific violent crimes for 12 years he had become to believe he was 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Arrogance and over confidence has brought down many like JM. They truly are convinced by then they are untouchable.

JM was so arrogant and smug that he began taking more and more risks being bolder than ever before.

He was so convinced by then that LE would never touch him or tie him to Hannah that he didn't even take the effort to remove items from his own car that linked him to Hannah. His own cockiness and arrogance is what brought him down.

IMO

BBM/ Do we know that? I mean, LE knows Hannah was in the car, I think that is a given, and not what 's going to what nails him. OF course, she went into his car with him, and probably very willingly. That there is evidence that simply proves that Hannah was in the car, no more than that, is not particularly valuable.

Signs that she was in a scuffle in the car, that she tried to escape, that she was harmed, are a whole other story. Maybe some tool and things that directly point to some dire things done.

Though I truly wish Hannah is still alive, if she is not, I hope that a cadavar dog gave a hit on that car. If JM transported her DEAD in the car, that is a scent such a dog would identify, as opposed to alive. I am hoping he killed her, then transported her body elsewhere. That might leave some evidence to nail him. If she were alive and unharmed until she left the car, and then was raped and killed and left near the scent, not put back in the car for transport, the chances of good evidence go down. Because Le isn't really that interested n any more proof that an alive and well Hannah was in that car. They know that now. Heck, JM might even substantiate that part. No problem giving someone a ride in a car.

But I don't think he planned this out at all. A perfect evening would have been to find a girl drunk, happy to go with him and partake of the activities. What happened with Hannah made it much more work, more risk. I wish we knew as well what he was doing when after he left Tempo as we do before.

Perfect defined by a normal guy. We're not talking about a normal guy though. I suspect his evening was perfect except for the fact that he got caught.

As for being drugged, it apparently takes at least about 15-20 minutes for someone to start feeling the effects, and probably longer than that for them to become debilitated. If he drugged her in the restaurant then she presumably would have been showing effects before they left, and you would think that someone would have noticed a badly drunk girl inside the restaurant itself, particularly the staff (whose job it is, in part, to pay attention to stuff like that). So it gets into the timeframe issue again for that.

Assuming that he was involved, I think it is far more likely that she was relatively drunk to the point where decision making was impaired to some extent, but not walking unconscious, neither was she drugged. That would allow a fit into the timeframe more easily as well as explain why relatively few people noticed her.
Snipped Respectfully

Just wanted to point out that there were people at the restaurant that made statements about Hannah not being able to stand without help. Makes me feel like she could have been drugged if the witness accounts are correct.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...d-barely-stand-on-night-of-disappearance.html

I have to share this wonderfully written blog.... sending positive vibes out this evening that somehow, someway, and soon, Hannah will be found. I always wait for the Karma train in all things....as I said in a post on another case I follow, it always shows up, sooner OR later :yes:

http://www.rageforexplaining.com/happens-time/

Wow! I'm so glad I logged on again this afternoon.....from what I've just read about JM's taxi being found/recovered I think I'm starting to hear the Karma train a little louder now :yesss: Where are you Hannah???? :sheesh:

Jmo I doubt JM was counting on a lone college girl coming on the plaza. From what people say, the college students do not frequent that area. And then he approaches her, talks her into a drink, uses his credit card, many people see him with her...whatever he did, he had not necessarily planned it from the start Imo. If he is such an experienced, never been caught killer, he surely would not had made so many mistakes in a planned abduction. Literally everyone knew he was the last known person to be with her. Does not make sense unless she fought him later on, which is likely. But for LE lay out a devious plan seems difficult at best.

JM happened upon another college student one night....MH did not know the area very well....he took it from there....seems he was opportunistic at best....

Geez, is it possible Hannah was using Uber that night?

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/08/uber-comes-to-charlottesville

And they had just run a big promo on Labor Day.

http://blog.uber.com/ubercollege

Does anyone know if Lyft also operates in Charlottesville?

It might explain why Hannah was tearing through the mall. . .and WG thought Hannah and JM knew each other.

It's just a thought.

Before all of this I would think this is a great idea. Now it gives me the creeps

Hey all - first time poster here. I may be questioning territory that has already been discussed (or discounted), but what ever became of the older white man who is seen on the Sal's Pizza video? He sees HG behind him, then ducks into a doorway, then steps out to follow her as she passes. I've read that this man was "concerned" about HG and that's why he followed her. And that he went to police to tell them this. I'm just wondering what else he might have seen or heard? Another video (I think) shows him still following HG and JM moments after the first video. Seems like this guy is, at the least, a very important witness. How far did he follow them? What else did he see?

I went to UVA, so this case has really piqued my interest. Thanks.

A lot of things about JM being responsible don't make sense IMO.

A lot of things about JM being responsible don't make sense IMO.

I read the FBI report listed on here about serial killers.

It is really good and answers questions as to why he would take her even though he is seen with her.

A lot of great info about them as they do not follow logic.

It is interesting as to how many were upstandng members of the community

It might explain why Hannah was tearing through the mall. . .and WG thought Hannah and JM knew each other.

It's just a thought.

Hmm...So are you thinking JM may have worked for Uber? I don't know how it works in C-ville but Uber cars are way nicer than JM's beat up car. Also, everything is high-tech. The driver comes to you and you can track the car on its way to your location.... I do wonder if they knew of each other but I see random guys hollering at girls all the time. In fact, I think JM was in a sociable mood that night. He's caught on tape interacting with two other ladies just before heading towards Hannah.

my thoughts exactly I can see her thinking he had came to her rescue.. and if he stays quiet , after the way some cases get handled(Anthony) even if he is guilty,he may still get away with it. Just terribly sad.

It's just a thought.

Not a bad thought, actually. In line with that, it's been said that HG had texted one of her friends to come get her because she was lost/in trouble. We're all wondering why no one bothered--maybe one of her friends arranged a pickup through one of those services?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back