The Animal Hair/Fur

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KC was a slob, but GA was meticulous about cleaning the cars, per LA

P.S reading this thread is making me nuts, because AH has always stood for Amy Huizenga.. i have to keep reminding myself what thread I'm reading.

Mentioning this, because it just wouldn't be sleuthy not to. The morgue returned a cd of images of unidentified remains along with evidence from Caylee's case to OCSO. I'm assuming they are the animal bones found at the crime scene (sorry, no link yet).

Link to the morgue's list of evidence, pg. 59:
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/0406/23069695.pdf

Speculating wildy but with some evidence, perhaps a squirrel really was used as a ruse to cover for the odor in the trunk.

Wasn't there also animal hair found in the backyard when they were back there digging things up after the cadaver dogs hit on certain areas?

On one of the pages it said that it was not dog or cat fur...I wonder if she happened to hit a squirrel, or found one on the side of the road and put it in the trunk to come up with an excuse for the smell.

Maybe she found one and needed a SHOVEL to pick it up. Do the dates match-borrowing shovel and talk of squirrel and smell?

I absolutely would not put it past Casey to scoop up some roadkill and put it in her car. If she had already removed Caylee's body and (clearly) the smell was still present, I can definitely see her putting a dead squirrel (or some other form of roadkill) in her car just in case someone went looking for a source of the smell. I doubt she would put it in the trunk (although you know those Florida squirrels are pretty crafty and can probably pick locks), but I could see her shoving it up in the undercarriage or into the wheel well. She was covering her a$$ IMO just in case someone decided to investigate the smell.

How she could do all of that....including move Caylee's decomposing body....without barfing, is beyond me. The smell of decomp has been known to cause trained professionals to toss their cookies so in the back of my mind I've always half-expected them to find trace amounts of vomit somewhere along the way.

The anthony's had an orange Tabby cat.I just saw it on what I think was Cindy's bed yesterday, and I'll try to go & hunt for the photo.

Didn't Amy or Annie have a dog? I can't remember now whose car died, but Casey knew about it. wonder if she could have had Caylee there temporarily . . . just knoodling

thanks

yes Annie did or does, also other friends and people in the case, (Dante, Iassen, Kiomarie come to mind, maybe others.) Amy is pictured with dogs in the Oviedo photos, not sure if they were hers and she continued to keep them at the Oviedo house or elsewhere after moving in with JP and RM or if they were someone else's dogs like Lauren or Troy or someone. Amy's car got totalled and IIRC it was temporarily parked at Tony's complex until her father could retrieve it. (Is that right? I'm starting to forget some of these facts.) Other dog references we've heard so far in the case: Casey mentioning the nanny having to stop off to feed her dogs or puppies in a communication with Tony R....etc.

Was this hair/fur completely under the tape? Is it possible an animal was messing with the remains and a little hair got stuck to the adhesive, but not really underneath it (while it was still sticky)? There was a brief period of time that Caylee would have been on dryer land, particularly before Faye swept through...I think the water then ruined the adhesive (I am a genius with this last statement....duh!)

that's a thought, especially since there was known to be animal predation on some of the bones. Wonder if any of the deceased animals they found bones from in the woods (IIRC) died as a result of chloroform which had been used on Caylee? Presumably there would be remains of various little animals here and there anyway in that area that died of natural causes, but who knows.
Yes, according to the water study IIRC the remains (Area A for example) would have been on dry land or nearly dry until that two week period in August when there was up to 6 inches of water (I believe August), then on dry or nearly dry land again after that.

that's a thought, especially since there was known to be animal predation on some of the bones. Wonder if any of the deceased animals they found bones from in the woods (IIRC) died as a result of chloroform which had been used on Caylee? Presumably there would be remains of various little animals here and there anyway in that area that died of natural causes, but who knows.
Yes, according to the water study IIRC the remains (Area A for example) would have been on dry land or nearly dry until that two week period in August when there was up to 6 inches of water (I believe August), then on dry or nearly dry land again after that.

i would assume that after Caylee had been dumped so discardedly (not a word) that animals would have most likely moved her remains around.

if there were banded animal hairs (yes AH confuses me too, maybe we should stick to "fur"!) on the momma doll I would think most likely from the A's tabby cat, as my tabby has banded hairs like that.

Animal hairs on the pizza box, that's a puzzle..... (unless the tabby jumped into the trunk at some point when it was open due to the smell then got around the pizza box....) Or if it was wild animal hairs on the pizza box I guess maybe if the pizza box was grabbed from an outdoor trashcan or something to place in the trunk as a smell excuse or something... No, I don't remember any mention of a pet at the Sutton Pl apartment, wonder if friends or Clint or Nate's girlfriends came by there with pets or anything. Hmm.

I remember wondering early in the case if anyone might have put a dead animal in Casey's trunk to terrorize her, i.e. a scenario in which someone she was in trouble with had taken Caylee as security to get money back or who knows what, I don't know why that thought even came to mind but it was one scenario that did come to mind originally, this was long before talk of animal hairs actually being in the trunk. Another scenario that came to mind originally was what if she didn't know about Caylee having been in the trunk, thought Caylee was with some associate, and was going on in a clueless manner about the smell in her car to people she knew (one of them being the perp), what if the perp then put a dead squirrel under or in her car or something to make her think that was it. (Again, just early scenarios.) I agree I also can't rule out Casey placing roadkill there herself if she's the perp. If squirrrel or wild animal hairs got transferred to the trunk in some innocent manner like on a tire or something like that (which could certainly happen), it would just be very coincidental considering her squirrel story... OK, now I want (need) to go back and read about these fur hairs again. I need to brush up (that awful pun was not intended LOL!).

I think they did Littlebitty, I think part of her spine and maybe hip bones (?) were dragged slightly away from the rest of the remains by animals.

OK, I was reviewing the documents at this link http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/trunkevidence(1).pdf

I see Animal hairs on Casey's clothes (first pages at that link).
Animal hairs in car (page 54 onward): Q49 drivers side front, Q50, passenger side front, Q51 drivers side rear, Q52 passenger side rear, Q53 rear dash area, Q54 spare tire wheel well.
(page 88) Q60 animal hairs on debris from inside the trash bag from the trunk.
Hairs that sound like Casey's in most of these areas,
hairs that sound like Caylee's on the carseat (none showing decomp),
various hairs in the bag of trash.

Does anyone happen to have links for what the animal hairs looked like, and any reference to animal hairs on momma doll or the pizza box specifically, I don't see these mentioned in this group of docs and my memory fails me. Thanks in advance.

Finding animal hairs in a wooded area doesnt' seem all that signifigant..imo.

Yep, you're right, it is a very semanticky thing....

Caylee also could have a toy or two that actually uses real animal hair like rabbit, which may account for hairs in the car and in Casey's closet.

CA will say the hair was from Zanny the Nanny's dog.:rolleyes:

Living here in Florida there are alot of squirrels, and alot of them at local parks will take food from your hand and even climb on your lap to get the food. I often feed the squirrels at one of the local parks here, and they are very friendly. Maybe, just maybe Casey and Caylee fed some squirrels and that could be where the hair came from. All it takes is a can or bag of unsalted nuts, and the squirrels love it. Just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8