The A's..In Denial or Covering Up the Crime?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The A's..In Denial or Covering up the crime?

• Denial

Votes: 91 17.8%
  • Covering up the crime

Votes: 366 71.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 55 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, thats so true. Of course you would try to call them at work . Unless you knew she hadnt been working but covered it up from your husband all that time.

This is also why I believe she came up with the "vacation" story-so Cindy would know she was NOT at work so there was no point in trying to reach her there...Recall she was supposed to be in Jacksonville for the past 2 weeks at the time when Cindy DID catch up to her...

Don't you all think that IF the A's were "covering up" that LE would have caught on to that by now? Give the investigators a little credit, they have a lot of good experience under their belts plus a sense of decency that apparently most of the public does not have. Consider that they've given George and Cindy a lot of leeway... which they would NOT be doing if they even thought for a second that they were covering for Casey, or were involved in the crime itself! These guys are not idiots... if the A's were committing a crime, they would have been arrested and charged by now.
Have you ever seen one of them accusing them of covering up? Have you ever heard one of them saying anything negative about them? All I have seen and heard from LE is to pray for the family, that they are going through a nightmare. They understand the frustration they are having. They've seen them up close and personal. We haven't. All we see is what the media portrays and that is all negative.
They know that Caylee is dead... and they know that Casey is probably responsible. But they are not going to go on t.v. and admit that because they can't turn their backs on their own daughter. It's hard enough to know you've lost your grandchild... it's going to be just as hard to realize your daughter is going to prison.
If it were my daughter.... I don't think I could face that either. Easier said than done.

Yuri: "I think you know alot of things, George"

ohhhhh i think LE knows that some people in the family are kind of covering things up... its plain as day

but the cops dont need to do anything about it right now....let them keep doing it.. and the family members might just screw up and give some info away without even knowing they are helping police

keep your enemies close

You said: I have said many times in fairness to CA that it's possible she could have simply been hoping at best KC was actually finally stepping up and acting like a mom or at least trying to prove she had everything handled.

Can any of us imagine the hell KC put all her family through with such lies for 10-12 years?!! Her lies were never simple 'yes' or 'no.' They were so elaborate she would wear you out--so confusing to have to listen to her. And I imagine there were the indignant proclamations: What you don't believe me? They gave up questioning her intensely YEARS ago. Why waste your time?!!
I am not taking up for them at all. Liars wear you down. You finally take any path to avoid all that emotion.(Taught school for 30 years....and I KNOW about liars.)
I think they all suspected most things KC said were questionable...but you just want a little peace after awhile.
Now Cindy.....she seems to be able to wrap herself in KC's lies for some odd reason.

Not true. I am from a long line of liars. I was raised around and in the midst of every sort of lie in existence. I chose TRUTH, and in standing in TRUTH I resisted lies and liars. I did not allow lies to pass by-I struggled against them. It was tiring and difficult, but I personally found it a worthwhile battle in which to engage and still do to this very day. I HATE lies and liars, and am willing to do battle with them until the end of days. Truth is comforting, and solid and secure. Truth is real, and absolute and predictable. Truth is REALITY, and it is the place where I made a choice to abide long ago, as a young girl. It is a choice to lay down to the lies and to give in to the pressure OF the lies and the liar. I for one have refused this path all of my life, and here I sit, alive and well and living in the midst of a group of people who KNOW that I value truth and am willing to do battle with anyone for its sake. Giving in to lies is not easier-it is a cop-out, and it is weak in my opinion. Giving in to lies says LIES WIN, and I personally believe the TRUTH will and should win, and have stood firmly within its sacred circle for all of my life...:)

ohhhhh i think LE knows that some people in the family are kind of covering things up... its plain as day

but the cops dont need to do anything about it right now....let them keep doing it.. and the family members might just screw up and give some info away without even knowing they are helping police

keep your enemies close

Agreed. They already have given lots and lots of information.

I think this is the very reason that Casey stayed in touch daily and sent text messages and called continually-so Cindy would NOT have a reason to try to call her at work. If she had just stopped calling/texting/staying in touch, then Cindy WOULD have called Universal and the gig would have been up much sooner than it was.
I never thought of this magic-cat but you may be right!

This is also why I believe she came up with the "vacation" story-so Cindy would know she was NOT at work so there was no point in trying to reach her there...Recall she was supposed to be in Jacksonville for the past 2 weeks at the time when Cindy DID catch up to her...

good point

I think this is the very reason that Casey stayed in touch daily and sent text messages and called continually-so Cindy would NOT have a reason to try to call her at work. If she had just stopped calling/texting/staying in touch, then Cindy WOULD have called Universal and the gig would have been up much sooner than it was.
You have nailed this one on the head! And she would be contacting her friends too...and blown her cover with everyone.

Agreed. They already have given lots and lots of information.
The same reason for LE putting up with the parents crap while they don't have to. Casey is an adult...they don't have to involve the parents or answer to the parents at all if they don't want to...but they DO..because they are weak links and have exposed so much to LE...they have helped their case against Casey without even knowing it. Way to go LE!

my opinion is both. They are both in denial, and covering up. That is they are making excuses to explain away what is obvious.
They simply do not want to face it, and they want to save their daughter. The human mind and spirit can do and think incredible things to not accept what it can't face. GA is for the most part just going along. He knows the truth, but lives in fantasy on purpose for his wife. He loves his family. CA is like a mother bear, attacking all whom she sees as harming her family, plus she refuses to accept Caylee is gone, so she makes excuses.
Sooner or later, she will have to accept it, but it could take a long time. She needs to for the sake of what is left of her family. KC needs to be held accountable for her actions. CA needs to come to terms with that as well. jmo

my opinion is both. They are both in denial, and covering up. That is they are making excuses to explain away what is obvious.
They simply do not want to face it, and they want to save their daughter. The human mind and spirit can do and think incredible things to not accept what it can't face. GA is for the most part just going along. He knows the truth, but lives in fantasy on purpose for his wife. He loves his family. CA is like a mother bear, attacking all whom she sees as harming her family, plus she refuses to accept Caylee is gone, so she makes excuses.
Sooner or later, she will have to accept it, but it could take a long time. She needs to for the sake of what is left of her family. KC needs to be held accountable for her actions. CA needs to come to terms with that as well. jmo

I agree that it is both. The worst person to aknowledge the sinner is the mother of the sinner. When being held accountable could mean death, I would not want to ever have to make that choice with my son. However, it didn't start with that being the choice and they should have acknowledged many years ago that the train was off the tracks

So they are unconsciously covering up the crime? Hmmmm...interesting theory. Again, why would they be actively covering up a crime that they don't believe occurred? This isn't denial.

Not true. I am from a long line of liars. I was raised around and in the midst of every sort of lie in existence. I chose TRUTH, and in standing in TRUTH I resisted lies and liars. I did not allow lies to pass by-I struggled against them. It was tiring and difficult, but I personally found it a worthwhile battle in which to engage and still do to this very day. I HATE lies and liars, and am willing to do battle with them until the end of days. Truth is comforting, and solid and secure. Truth is real, and absolute and predictable. Truth is REALITY, and it is the place where I made a choice to abide long ago, as a young girl. It is a choice to lay down to the lies and to give in to the pressure OF the lies and the liar. I for one have refused this path all of my life, and here I sit, alive and well and living in the midst of a group of people who KNOW that I value truth and am willing to do battle with anyone for its sake. Giving in to lies is not easier-it is a cop-out, and it is weak in my opinion. Giving in to lies says LIES WIN, and I personally believe the TRUTH will and should win, and have stood firmly within its sacred circle for all of my life...:)

MC, I think you misunderstood my meaning.
There are liars (like Casey) that will keep talking and never tell the truth. You could look her in the eyes while she continues to spin her web of lies and you know the truth and you know she will continue blabbing.
Maybe I do not know how to express this.......
Tell me how anyone associated with KC could have gotten TRUTH from her, please. From the time the lies started...years ago...everyone around her found out that the truth will not come from her lips.
It is a waste, a total waste to continue seeking truth from KC!
I was lied to as a little kid about an event very important to me at that time. I have become a stickler for truth.
I sometimes think I go a bit overboard about truth vs lies. Simply cannot tolerate it.
Your post was well written and I :clap: your feelings as they are mine.
Thinking you really misunderstood what I was trying to convey.
karen

Anyone ever read Scott Peck's People of the Lie? In his book Dr. Peck explains at the heart of evil is always a LIE, deception of some sort. Creepy, yet true in my experience. He is a psychiatrist who, having counseled thousands of patients over the years, began to distinguish between the majority of his patients--either mentally healthy people who experienced trauma, lacked wisdom ie skills for living eg or diagnosed w mental illness eg--versus the rare cases he encountered in which he suspected true evil. (In at least one, more memorable example of the latter it was the parent of his young patient.) He admits it was an extremely challenging differential diagnosis in the case of these exceptions. But long before he could really evaluate or articulate precisely why, it was a quality of deception on which he couldn't quite put his finger but was able to discern some things weren't quite as they appeared or didn't add up. These individuals, it seems, weren't so much lying about what they did, but essentially about who they were. I too have a history of having to battle for the truth. My brother and I were literally conceived in lies, each born into deception. And it seems like I have struggled and fought my whole life ever since to tear down the lies. Even now it's painful to admit, but despite growing up in a generally wild, permissive era, drug culture etc, there was in addition always something especially wrong about our childhood, our home, in particular. It's taken me years but looking back it was all the deception, and spiritual warfare is the term I'd now use. (Btw I'm certainly not trying to take credit for coining this phrase any more than I was the word "crazymaking," just thought it fit). It's clear KC learned deception and that her mother and the truth are also strangers. CA, from everything I've observed and read, seems to have a narcissistic ie parent-, vs child-centered, parenting style and to be more concerned about not airing family "laundry" or having family skeletons exposed than with getting at the truth. I don't think KC from a baby was predestined or predisposed to lie or deceive. If we call our children only on the lies that cause us inconvenience and embarassment but while turning a blind eye to lies that make things less stressful, or "normalize" what's going on in the home eg we are headed for trouble. Parents who either model, or excuse "little white lies" all along, instead of instilling in their child very early on the value of truthfulness, are planting seeds that will bear fruit for years to come; and will be in for a real ride when it comes time to hold their teen accountable, for whom deception has been ingrained, only now the child can outwit them--and the ante has soared. It seems to me what CA may feel the need to deny isn't simply the staggering loss of her granddaughter but if she were to ever admit Caylee's gone, the horrific admission that it is their own daughter who is in fact responsible. I believe it is this shame which prevents her from grieving, the same shame that's prevented KC from coming clean. Shame is generational--and is the cloak which is concealing the truth. JMHO

Anyone ever read M. Scott Peck's, People of the Lie? In this Dr. Peck explains at the heart of evil is always a LIE, deception of some sort or other. Creepy... but true in my experience. He is a psychiatrist who's counseled thousands of patients and over the years began to distinguish between the majority of his patients, who were either mentally healthy people lacking wisdom ie skills for living eg; and patients who were diagnosed with mental illness eg--vs the rare cases he encountered in whom he suspected true evil. (It was in at least one of the more memorable instances the parent of his young patient.) He admitted it was an extremely challenging differential diagnosis in the case of these exceptions. But long before he could really evaluate or articulate precisely why, it was a quality of deception on which he couldn't quite put his finger but was able to discern something wasn't right or didn't add up. It seems these individuals weren't so much lying about what they did, but almost essentially about who they were. I too have a history of having to battle for the truth. My brother and I were literally conceived in lies, each born into deception. And it seems like I have struggled and fought my whole life ever since to tear down the lies. Even now it is painful to admit, but despite growing up in an admittedly wild, permissive era, a drug culture etc, there was in addition always something especially wrong about our childhood, our home, in particular. I will leave it at that except to say spiritual warfare is one term for it. (I'm certainly not trying to take credit for coining this any more than the word "crazymaking," just thought it fit). It's clear KC learned deception and that her mother and the truth are also strangers. CA, as far as I've observed and read, seems to have a narcissistic ie parent-, vs child-centered parenting style and to be more concerned about not airing family "laundry" or having this skeleton exposed. I don't think KC from a baby was predestined or predisposed to lie or deceive. If we call our children only on the lies that cause us inconvenience and embarassment but turn a blind eye to lies that make things less stressful or "normalize" what's going on in the home eg we are headed for trouble. Parents who either model, or excuse "little white lies" from early on, instead of instilling in their child very early on the value of honesty, are planting seeds that will bear fruit for years to come; and will be in for a real ride when it's time to hold their teen accountable who has deception ingrained only now the child can outwit them--and the ante has soared. It seems to me what CA may feel the need to deny isn't only so much the death of her granddaughter but the horror that if she were to admit Caylee is in fact gone, then she must also admit it was their daughter who's responsible. I believe it is this shame which prevents her from grieving, the same shame which has prevented KC from coming clean. Shame is generational--and is the cloak which is hiding the truth. JMHO

Very interesting perspective kiki and it's always a pleasure to read your posts.

Covering up, so definitely covering up. Not sure if they are involved in the crime itself, they might just be trying to hold on to whatever they have left family wise.

MC, I think you misunderstood my meaning.
There are liars (like Casey) that will keep talking and never tell the truth. You could look her in the eyes while she continues to spin her web of lies and you know the truth and you know she will continue blabbing.
Maybe I do not know how to express this.......
Tell me how anyone associated with KC could have gotten TRUTH from her, please. From the time the lies started...years ago...everyone around her found out that the truth will not come from her lips.
It is a waste, a total waste to continue seeking truth from KC!
I was lied to as a little kid about an event very important to me at that time. I have become a stickler for truth.
I sometimes think I go a bit overboard about truth vs lies. Simply cannot tolerate it.
Your post was well written and I :clap: your feelings as they are mine.
Thinking you really misunderstood what I was trying to convey.
karen

Thanks for clearing up that point...It is good to find others of a like mind...I knew what you meant really, I was just stating, you know, for the everlasting record, that although lies and liars are tiring, we must not succumb to them or we allow the lies to triumph. Down to the last breath, we should defend TRUTH...:blowkiss:

I was being facetious..They ARE trying to cover up thr crime...so they must believe a crime has been committed. Read the whole post. NOT in DENIAL.

sorry guess I understood it wrong i did read the whole post thank you. I respect your opinion i hope u can do the same for me... thanx remember there really isn't any "tone" to posts...its just typing...my mistake

Originally Posted by frankieiiiieee View Post
I agree so much with this....I was looking at some of the pictures of Cindy and George...is it just me that has noticed, they have lost a lot of weight both of them. That to me says they are very upset

Upset? You mean, as in they couldn't recognize the decomp because they were so rotten and now they have realized it and wish they had behaved differently?
My toes aren't stepped on. I have absolutely no qualms about holding the grandparent/parent unit accountable for a pattern of behavior that appears to have effectively allowed their child to also betray and destroy her child, too.
That does not mean that I don't imagine that they do not feel regret and loss. They should. That would be normal.
What is not normal or healthy is the charade, the never ending drama, the contempt for all the common mortals who just won't accept and obey. Oh, and the lies, crazymaking, covering-up, and tampering with evidence.
The fact that they may eat less or eat differently and have disturbed sleep habits is normal, too. Those issues do not exclude them from responsibility here, either. There is so much they could have done over time, and seemingly right up to the last moment, to prevent this tragedy, in my opinion.

Yeah I understand what you are saying, Im sure there are things they could have done differently. I just don't think they are doing this as evil people. I think they are genuinely heart broken. They love both Caylee and Casey. They have already lost Caylee and now they are about to loose Casey...I just think people are being a little hard on them considering the tragic events... It's not so much this forum there are alot of really cruel ones out there. thanks for sharing ur opinion!!:)

Don't you all think that IF the A's were "covering up" that LE would have caught on to that by now? Give the investigators a little credit, they have a lot of good experience under their belts plus a sense of decency that apparently most of the public does not have. Consider that they've given George and Cindy a lot of leeway... which they would NOT be doing if they even thought for a second that they were covering for Casey, or were involved in the crime itself! These guys are not idiots... if the A's were committing a crime, they would have been arrested and charged by now.
Have you ever seen one of them accusing them of covering up? Have you ever heard one of them saying anything negative about them? All I have seen and heard from LE is to pray for the family, that they are going through a nightmare. They understand the frustration they are having. They've seen them up close and personal. We haven't. All we see is what the media portrays and that is all negative.
They know that Caylee is dead... and they know that Casey is probably responsible. But they are not going to go on t.v. and admit that because they can't turn their backs on their own daughter. It's hard enough to know you've lost your grandchild... it's going to be just as hard to realize your daughter is going to prison.
If it were my daughter.... I don't think I could face that either. Easier said than done.

I agree u probley said it better than i did :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member