The bed-wetting theory

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, UKGuy, for posting the quotes by Wilcox.

Interesting that JB was turning 3 at about the time Burke was able to be out of pull-ups. From the time she turned 3 until she was killed, that's when the 33 trips to the doctor began. I'm interpreting L. Wilcox to say Burke went from needing routine pull-ups until age 6, to having some nighttime bed-wetting issues until September 1995.:facepalm:

midwest mama,
Yes I agree. Burke continued with some bedwetting issues.

No mention of poop issues though. Just seems to me that bodily functions as experienced by the children were dysfunctional, resulting in some strange behaviour?

midwest mama,
Yes I agree. Burke continued with some bedwetting issues.

No mention of poop issues though. Just seems to me that bodily functions as experienced by the children were dysfunctional, resulting in some strange behaviour?

The bedwetting itself isn't all that unusual. Many kids are bedwetters through the grade school years. But is is the DAYTIME wetting that is the problem. That is a conscious choice, unlike wetting during sleep, when the child sleeps so deeply that the sensation to void the bladder does not wake them. There are some other reasons for nighttime wetting- sometimes a child is simply frightened of getting up and going to the bathroom alone.
But JB had been fully potty trained UNTIL her pageant "career" began. And soiling in the pants is ALWAYS cause for concern. That does not happen at night during sleep in a child past the toddler years. The sphincter muscles usually keep that from happening until release is deliberate. If JB was pooping in her pants and in her bed that is a HUGE red flag- and does often signal sexual abuse.

Steve Thomas's book was helpful for learning about certain aspects of the case that was not public knowledge, but the Patsy bed wetting rage theory seems a little far fetched. Patsy may have been cranky and yes the holidays can be stressful. However the severity of the skull fracture, combined with the decision to stage a kidnapping/murder, would have been incredibly bad luck and terribly poor decision making. Patsy was a smart woman. Patsy was living a comfortable life. Maybe a less thoughtful mother who is having a tough time might viciously injure their child and then make the poor decision of hiding it from her spouse, but Patsy Ramsey doesn't seem that type.

It probably was an accident and then cover up, or murder in fear of jonbenet possibly exposing abuse, or Burke jealousy, but Patsy is no Mike Tyson power puncher. Of course Steve Thomas 100% believed his theory, but he might have tried too hard to theorize the clues/evidence instead of biding his time before constructing his theory. There was incredible pressure for the police to solve this case and Steve Thomas might have tried to connect the dots a little too hard.

From what I have read and seen(websleuths, all the jonbenet books minus Kolar's, tv shows, etc.) the family most likely were involved. John's behavior, Patsy's handwriting, lawyering up, bizarre ransom note, hurrying Burke out of the house, body found in house, the police were absolutely correct to focus there investigation on the Ramsey's. However I just don't know how the police could focus on just one of the three. I personally can't eliminate any of them.

Steve Thomas's book was helpful for learning about certain aspects of the case that was not public knowledge, but the Patsy bed wetting rage theory seems a little far fetched. Patsy may have been cranky and yes the holidays can be stressful. However the severity of the skull fracture, combined with the decision to stage a kidnapping/murder, would have been incredibly bad luck and terribly poor decision making. Patsy was a smart woman. Patsy was living a comfortable life. Maybe a less thoughtful mother who is having a tough time might viciously injure their child and then make the poor decision of hiding it from her spouse, but Patsy Ramsey doesn't seem that type.

It probably was an accident and then cover up, or murder in fear of jonbenet possibly exposing abuse, or Burke jealousy, but Patsy is no Mike Tyson power puncher. Of course Steve Thomas 100% believed his theory, but he might have tried too hard to theorize the clues/evidence instead of biding his time before constructing his theory. There was incredible pressure for the police to solve this case and Steve Thomas might have tried to connect the dots a little too hard.

From what I have read and seen(websleuths, all the jonbenet books minus Kolar's, tv shows, etc.) the family most likely were involved. John's behavior, Patsy's handwriting, lawyering up, bizarre ransom note, hurrying Burke out of the house, body found in house, the police were absolutely correct to focus there investigation on the Ramsey's. However I just don't know how the police could focus on just one of the three. I personally can't eliminate any of them.

douce40,
After being given a lecture on normal female child anatomy and recieving advice regarding chronic abuse, ST still promoted his bedwetting theory.

JonBenet's death is a sexually motivated homicide. It is this that all the staging is attempting to cover up.

Unless you want to consider Patsy as JonBenet's abuser, that leaves BR or JR in the frame.

Given the amateur nature of JonBenet's molestation and death, for me, that highlights BR.

I think BR suffocated JonBenet into coma, either to prevent her calling out, as he knew she might do, or someone was close by and JonBenet had to be silenced.

Everything else I think is staging all her injuries are attempts to create a crime-scene victim, from the head injury, to her contusions, and the use of the ligature to mask where BR's hand grasped her throat?

ST's bedwetting theory might have replaced a completely unnaceptable incest theory, on the grounds the R's might litigate both publisher and author?

There would have been visible urine stains on the top sheet..Also I don't believe JB slept in the bed that night or the night before cause she slept in BR's room on Christmas eve that was stated by the R's...So them bed sheets could had been there since Monday...And in LHP book, she stated that PR and her was the only ones that knew where the white blanket was and that was in the dryer,so in her words she just said it wasn't on the bed...But for a deadly encounter in the bedroom no, I don't see it...And also ST said something about JB being choked by her red turtle neck sweater but no one ever said they found the fibers from her sweater..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back