The Blood Droplets

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
deandaniellws said:
I think I would rather take his word about blood evidence experiments rather than Jane's experiment. To each his own Cami dear.
Now what is wrong with Jane's experiment? The most she can do is show us there might be chip in the wheel. That would be worth discovering, would it not? Then we could ask an expert what he thinks of it.

Pay no attention to these naysayers, Jane. Onward HO! Or something like that.

Goody said:
Now what is wrong with Jane's experiment? The most she can do is show us there might be chip in the wheel. That would be worth discovering, would it not? Then we could ask an expert what he thinks of it.

Pay no attention to these naysayers, Jane. Onward HO! Or something like that.
I think it is goofy. An expert would laugh in your face. :laugh:

deandaniellws said:
I doubt it. Most experts teach others to do what they do. One of our posters from a long time ago contacted a blood expert and asked him how to detect and do certain things and he was very helpful to her. So you'd be surprised at how open some of them are to curiosity seekers and hobbists.

deandaniellws said:
How do you think they got to be experts. I intend to approach this in a scientific manner and make sure that an expert would approve of my approach. I do know something about how to conduct an experiment - I am a science nerd from way back. There are courses on-line for forensic studies and they are required to do and turn in their blood experiments and results. They are until they graduate the same as you and me.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
How do you think they got to be experts. I intend to approach this in a scientific manner and make sure that an expert would approve of my approach. I do know something about how to conduct an experiment - I am a science nerd from way back. There are courses on-line for forensic studies and they are required to do and turn in their blood experiments and results. They are until they graduate the same as you and me.
Whatever Jane, we can disagree about this. ANYWAY...if you are really interested in stuff like this, they have a new branch opening at Sam Houston. I think if I was young again, just starting out in a career, I would have made this type of work my career instead of teaching. I think it is so VERY interesting. Hey guys...how many of you would have a career change if you could start over? I believe the classes are starting this next fall. Their criminal justice dept. is just great!!! My son was in the victim studies. He is going to be a drug and alcohol psychiatrist. He is focusing on the family unit and abuse within it. I am so proud of him. A shrink in our family. LOL. His dad would be proud. I hope he can see him from heaven!:angel: His stepfather says, "Here son, practice on your Mom and figure out how to make her normal!" :loser:He tells his SF that I am out of his field of speciality! LMAO!!! He does stuff at the prison. He doesn't like it though. He says that is not his field over there. I told him he had to learn to "shrink" more than one kind of situation! He is a real sweetie.

Jeana (DP) said:
That new magic eraser takes just about everything off with no chemicals! I love them!

(wow, maybe we should start getting paid for all these endorsements) :eek:

I'm first in line with my hand out. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...the greatest invention since the microwave. Why didn't someone come up with this product when my kids were little?

Mary456 said:
I'm first in line with my hand out. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...the greatest invention since the microwave. Why didn't someone come up with this product when my kids were little?
I guess that I am going to have to check one out. :D

Mary456 said:
I know! I'm running around after them all day and now it's so easy. Really since the microwave? My husband threw one away thinking it was a dirty sponge. I was like where is my Mr. Clean!!!!

cami said:
that knife of Darlie's would be called a chef's knife, Beese. My son has one exactly like it. I bought him a new chef's knife and a bread knife for Christmas. The salesman lead me over to one chef's knife that cost $199.99!!!!! Too rich for my blood!
Whoa a little pricey. I thought it was called a butcher knife.

beesy said:
But you see beesy...if they change the name from butcher knife to chef's knife, they can charge a lot more for it!;)

beesy said:

Well a butcher only works one area of the kitchen--meat cutting, unlike the chef who rules the whole kitchen--cutting, dicing, slicing. So a butcher would use either a curved bladed knife or a cleaver as opposed to the straight blade of a chef's knife.

Here's a link

We all call them butcher's knives though, just habit so carry on!

deandaniellws said:
But you see beesy...if they change the name from butcher knife to chef's knife, they can charge a lot more for it!;)

LOL, yeah that one was made with high quality German carbon steel. Victoriaknox is fine with us, good quality knives at reasonable prices. Good handles, sharp and easy to use. They make great kitchen knives and they are less expensive in your country since they are American made. I would love to use them at home but too expensive for my use here in Canada and I don't cook that much...hate it, LOL. I'd rather clean than cook.

cami said:
LOL, yeah that one was made with high quality German carbon steel. Victoriaknox is fine with us, good quality knives at reasonable prices. Good handles, sharp and easy to use. They make great kitchen knives and they are less expensive in your country since they are American made. I would love to use them at home but too expensive for my use here in Canada and I don't cook that much...hate it, LOL. I'd rather clean than cook.
Oh I agree with you Cami! I hate to cook....but don't mind cleaning at all. :dance:

deandaniellws said:
I think I would rather take his word about blood evidence experiments rather than Jane's experiment. To each his own Cami dear.:blowkiss:

Oh Yeah!! Sorry that's not what I meant by that post. Dr. Lee is one of the foremost experts in the country but he is not infallible. He seems to have lost his mojo lately on some of these cases though. But yes, I would take his word over Jane's LOL.

I encourage Jane to do her experiment although I believe her conclusions will not be based on facts. She wants to measure angles and distances, and hang things from the ceiling, etc. to re create the cast-off blood on Darlie's back. Well Darlie didn't measure any angles or distances or where the kids were in the room, she just took that knife and went for it... Jane will come to only one conclusion whether she does the experiment or not, she's already proved it by her posts....she'll find Darlie innocent.

cami said:
Well a butcher only works one area of the kitchen--meat cutting, unlike the chef who rules the whole kitchen--cutting, dicing, slicing. So a butcher would use either a curved bladed knife or a cleaver as opposed to the straight blade of a chef's knife.

Here's a link

We all call them butcher's knives though, just habit so carry on!

The curved knife is called a skinner the skinny long knives are called filleters and any knife that is called a chef's knife will be a long triangular shape with the shaft handle end being the largest end of the trangle- I used to sell restaurant smallwares at a now defunct company. I have all kinds of professional knives from Dexter Russell- the most wicked looking one is a pizza knife. It is about 2 ft across and slightly bowed to rock across the pizza when cutting it. It is 10 inches deep and would work on those super sized pizzas. My hubby says it could also be used as a machete.It is so big it wont fit into a drawer and we had to put it in a cabinet. Hence we never use it, get the old rolling round wheel out and cut away.

cami said:
Oh Yeah!! Sorry that's not what I meant by that post. Dr. Lee is one of the foremost experts in the country but he is not infallible. He seems to have lost his mojo lately on some of these cases though. But yes, I would take his word over Jane's LOL.

I encourage Jane to do her experiment although I believe her conclusions will not be based on facts. She wants to measure angles and distances, and hang things from the ceiling, etc. to re create the cast-off blood on Darlie's back. Well Darlie didn't measure any angles or distances or where the kids were in the room, she just took that knife and went for it... Jane will come to only one conclusion whether she does the experiment or not, she's already proved it by her posts....she'll find Darlie innocent.
Not necessarily, the only reason I have to measure is because I am trying to recreate something not come up with something new. The blood has to be pretty darn close to where it is found on the shirt and I don't have unlimited funds for t shirts or time. I need to be able to cast off the blood and show that it could happen and this is the angle the knife was held in order to cast off the blood onto the shirt. If correct it will also line up with the angles of the wounds. It is clearly outlined on some of the links posted here and measuring and triangulation is what the pros do.
I have a scientific calculator so doing the math won't be hard for me. I wish I could get Dr. Lee to do it for me but my mason jar doesn't have that much funds in it. LOL LOL

The curved knife is called a skinner the skinny long knives are called filleters and any knife that is called a chef's knife will be a long triangular shape with the shaft handle end being the largest end of the trangle- I used to sell restaurant smallwares at a now defunct company. I have all kinds of professional knives from Dexter Russell- the most wicked looking one is a pizza knife. It is about 2 ft across and slightly bowed to rock across the pizza when cutting it. It is 10 inches deep and would work on those super sized pizzas. My hubby says it could also be used as a machete.It is so big it wont fit into a drawer and we had to put it in a cabinet. Hence we never use it, get the old rolling round wheel out and cut away.

All this talk of knives. I can't even keep my knives on my countertop any more because of what Darlie did. Everytime I would walk by and see that block of knives sitting there, I'd think about how very easy it was for her to just walk past and grab one and ruin so many lives. Makes me sick.

cami said:

I know what you mean. Dr. Henry has gotten a little bad press lately. I sure hate that. He was my hobby hero! LOL I love CTV and all the forensics shows. I find it so interesting. If I had my career to do over again, as much as I loved teaching, I think I would have gone into the forensics field. It is like a complex problem....it feels so good to come out with the right answer. My only problem is I feel SOOOO sorry for the victims and their families. I also tend to get so angry at the people who kill and mistreat children. I bet you NEVER guessed that by my posts huh!?!?!? ;)

Not necessarily, the only reason I have to measure is because I am trying to recreate something not come up with something new. The blood has to be pretty darn close to where it is found on the shirt and I don't have unlimited funds for t shirts or time. I need to be able to cast off the blood and show that it could happen and this is the angle the knife was held in order to cast off the blood onto the shirt. If correct it will also line up with the angles of the wounds. It is clearly outlined on some of the links posted here and measuring and triangulation is what the pros do.
I have a scientific calculator so doing the math won't be hard for me. I wish I could get Dr. Lee to do it for me but my mason jar doesn't have that much funds in it. LOL LOL
Goodwill has some cheap t-shirts. Also, try to go to some garage sells. I bet you could pick up some really cheap. I still think that you're goofy...but I watch forensic shows and read and post for hours on end as a hobby, so I don't have the room to talk. My husband thinks we are ALL goofy. However, what does HE know. He chases little white dimpled balls, then tries to put them in little holes for hours on end! LOL. If you think about it long enough, golf is kind of goofy too!! When he is not playing, he is watching it and out buying the next best, greatest, golf club of all time. Does his score change? Nope...he still shoots a 77 or 78. Never varies by more than a stroke or two. :laugh: :laugh: ;)

deandaniellws said:
I know what you mean. Dr. Henry has gotten a little bad press lately. I sure hate that. He was my hobby hero! LOL I love CTV and all the forensics shows. I find it so interesting. If I had my career to do over again, as much as I loved teaching, I think I would have gone into the forensics field. It is like a complex problem....it feels so good to come out with the right answer. My only problem is I feel SOOOO sorry for the victims and their families. I also tend to get so angry at the people who kill and mistreat children. I bet you NEVER guessed that by my posts huh!?!?!? ;)

You may change your tune about Dr. Lee if you saw his actions in the Michael Peterson case. He made me absolutely sick when I saw the documentary on that murder trial and I know how the expert witness discovery is supposed to work. In my opinion, he was trying to make the evidence fit the opinion he got paid for. I'm happy the jury didn't buy it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back