The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that bothers me about the blue barrel being part of the case is, that it's "so messy". Since DP told 3 out of 4 wives he could kill them without anyone knowing he did it, I would think if he planned to kill Stacy the blue barrel incident would not have taken place. Soooo, either the murder was not premeditated or the blue barrel is to side-track the police (he didn’t plan on his half-brother’s suicide attempt). Before 1:30 on Sunday October 28th DP and Lacy had a fierce argument, and then Stacy told the kids she was going to Grandpa’s and left the house. Immediately DP told the kids he was going to look for Stacy. DP found Stacy told her to drive over to the airport so they “could talk”, she agreed. She got in his car at airport and this is when murder occurred (supposedly). DP had about 8 hours to plan the cover-up. Around 7:00 pm DP called Tom Morphey and asked him to meet him at a park (close by so Tom could walk there) DP picked Tom up and they went to a local coffee shop (was this to sober Tom up or create “part” of an alibi)? If DP and Tom loaded barrel between 7:00 and 10:00 (what took so long?). Tom must have help DP get rid of the body/barrel. No wonder Tom’s having lapses in memory. Oh, what a tangle web we weave when we practice to deceive.

Big clue here, tagalong. Don't answer the phone? Mmmmm. "Call" from Stacy? Sounds like he went home or somewhere and used her phone to "call" him. He could use that later to show Stacy called him at a certain time and that she was "alive".

It appears to be set up that way and he took Thomas for a patsy. Since Peterson's attorney is already trashing Thomas, Drew must have realized that he was the perfect one to use as he had credibility problems with drug and alcohol usage.

The only thing that bothers me about the blue barrel being part of the case is, that it's "so messy". Since DP told 3 out of 4 wives he could kill them without anyone knowing he did it, I would think if he planned to kill Stacy the blue barrel incident would not have taken place. Soooo, either the murder was not premeditated or the blue barrel is to side-track the police (he didn’t plan on his half-brother’s suicide attempt). Before 1:30 on Sunday October 28th DP and Lacy had a fierce argument, and then Stacy told the kids she was going to Grandpa’s and left the house. Immediately DP told the kids he was going to look for Stacy. DP found Stacy told her to drive over to the airport so they “could talk”, she agreed. She got in his car at airport and this is when murder occurred (supposedly). DP had about 8 hours to plan the cover-up. Around 7:00 pm DP called Tom Morphey and asked him to meet him at a park (close by so Tom could walk there) DP picked Tom up and they went to a local coffee shop (was this to sober Tom up or create “part” of an alibi)? If DP and Tom loaded barrel between 7:00 and 10:00 (what took so long?). Tom must have help DP get rid of the body/barrel. No wonder Tom’s having lapses in memory. Oh, what a tangle web we weave when we practice to deceive.

According to published reports, Tom was still in the coffee shop at 9PM when the call came in on Drews phone. Drew returns to the coffee shop and around 10PM they go to Drews house and move the rectangle container to Drews vehicle. We also have to remember someone helped Drew move both the cars from and back to his house. Who was that?

Big clue here, tagalong. Don't answer the phone? Mmmmm. "Call" from Stacy? Sounds like he went home or somewhere and used her phone to "call" him. He could use that later to show Stacy called him at a certain time and that she was "alive".
No Doubt, BG......does Drew really think that anyone is dumb enough to fall for that crap. He's been a policeman too long.

Didn't Bobby Cutts use bleach in an attempt to destroy DNA?

ETA Good point, Buzz!

Just some thoughts...............

According to the most recent articles, Tom Morphey helped DP move a blue barrel the evening of Sunday, Oct. 28th. The next day, Tom Morphey makes a suicide attempt and has told someone he thinks he just helped DP dispose of Stacy.

In was on November 3 that there was a rumor of DP's brother trying to commit suicide and he was in St. Joe Hospital. Greta tried to chase that rumor down and not being able to comfirm it, came to the conclusion that it was just a rumor. It was dismissed as rumor.

Now, we find out that the rumor wasn't just a rumor, it was the truth. So, someone clamped the lid on anyone being able to confirm the rumor at the time it was a fresh rumor. The police had to have known about the blue barrel and rectangular box from very early on. There has to be something more the police know that has made them continue to look for a blue barrel in water.

And, where is Tom Morphey? Last night on Greta, Mark Fuhrman said he went to his house and there's a porch light on, but no one home, and dogs inside barking. Has Tom Morphey gone into hiding?

According to published reports, Tom was still in the coffee shop at 9PM when the call came in on Drews phone. Drew returns to the coffee shop and around 10PM they go to Drews house and move the rectangle container to Drews vehicle. We also have to remember someone helped Drew move both the cars from and back to his house. Who was that?

Seems like I remember Cassandra saying she went by DP's house at 11:00 pm (?). If this is true, she must have just missed DP and Tom.
Is there a link somewhere for Tom being in coffee shop at 9 pm?

Seems like I remember Cassandra saying she went by DP's house at 11:00 pm (?). If this is true, she must have just missed DP and Tom.

I still puzzling over the report that stated Tom called a friend and stated: "I think I just helped Drew dispose of Stacy," BEFORE Stacy was reported missing!

Chlorine is a powerful disinfectant, and it destroys bacteria and other microbes, including those that emit scent. So, theoretically it could interfere with a search dog/human remains detection dog's scenting ability and accuracy. I know of no scientifically conducted tests on this, so I cannot say this is a fact.

If it is true that chlorine destroys microorganisms that emit scent, including those produced during animal or human decay stages, the method in which chlorine would theoretically be used would be important, too. If one just splashes a body or does a half minded clean job, there may be plenty of scent left for a dog to detect.

However, if the killer were medically minded or well informed on the subject his "chlorinating" might foil a well trained dog's efforts. For example, if a body is put in a closed container(not to keep the smell in, but to prevent the chlorine from both evaporating and having direct sunlight--sunlight breaks down bleach), and the container is filled to the top with a concentrated bleach solution, a skilled dog may not detect it. This is because there may be too few survivable microbes in the container, hence little scent would be emitted.

Lion

Yes, Cassandra went to the Peterson home about 11:00pm. I think that's when she spoke to one of the two older boys, Tom or Kris, and the boy said "mom and dad had an argument and dad is out looking for mom."

It does sounds like Cassandra just missed DP and Tom moving the container to vehicle. Just imagine if Cassandra had gone to the house an hour earlier! :eek:

Still hoping Greta can help find the details about the blue barrel and the rectangular box..that holds the key

Chlorine does speed decomposition and also cadaver dogs can still smell the decomposition even with chlorine present.

However if the body and the chlorine are somewhere the cadavere dogs haven't been yet..well you get the idea.

Too much chlorine?? I guess if it was full, he would have had to dump it somewhere.

Also, I wonder if you can get lime in a drum like that? Can't you use lime to cover the scent of a body if you were to bury it to throw off cadaver dogs??? Just a random thought I had....

hmm, i have no idea.....don't know much about lime, but who knows?...i think unless someone was actually WITH DP when he disposed of the barrel/container, & unless this person spills the beans, i don't think the barrel/container will ever be found....

I wonder what's going on that would prompt Greta to fly back to the U.S. and go to Bolingbrook immediately, without even stopping at her home? It's almost as if she expects some major news happening in Bolingbrook right away.

i know!!!...i'm hoping Suzi will post anything that's new from Gretawire...she was good at posting updates from that site last night....will for sure be watching Greta tonight though....

close enough,
Are you from Baltimore? Mencken is from Baltimore and wrote for the Evening Sun newspaper there. Thats why I am curious , outside of B' town you hardly ever hear him quoted.

close enough,
Are you from Baltimore? Mencken is from Baltimore and wrote for the Evening Sun newspaper there. Thats why I am curious , outside of B' town you hardly ever hear him quoted.

no i'm not, but i DID fly in to the Baltimore airport about 2 weeks ago on a trip to see my hubby:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member