The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled the staircase and found this one known as The Grand Staircase but I don't think it's the same one.

Question is, just how many golden staircases does Her Majesty have?

grand-staircase-buckingham-palace-01.jpg

289465-1338218255.jpg

Douglas Morison (1814-1847) - The Grand Staircase seen from the Marble Hall, Buckingham Palace

XD136827_Buckingham-Palace-The-Grand-Staircase.jpg

Buckingham Palace, The Grand Staircase

WOW!!! Grand indeed.

On a different topic, I thought this picture is beautiful and captures the bond the two shared all throughout their sisterhood.
3_a-picture-of-a-young-princess-elizabeth-later-queen-elizabeth-ii-and-her-sister-princess-margaret-photo-by-paul-popperpopperfotogetty-images.jpg

Had to look twice then as the dark haired one is clearly Charles but the other looks like Edward. Must be Anne.
Prince Charles is slightly more than 2 years older than Princess Anne, so it has to be her.

I do see the Prince Edward resemblance, now that you mention it. I've never really noticed it before with them as adults

Prince Charles is slightly more than 2 years older than Princess Anne, so it has to be her.

I do see the Prince Edward resemblance, now that you mention it. I've never really noticed it before with them as adults

The photo was taken on Holkam beach.

Prince Charles and Anne images as children during …
Prince Charles and Anne images as children during their early years shows special bond | Daily Mail Online...
C’mon, let’s twist again: Anne and Charles can’t resist dancing as they dry off after a dip at Holkham Beach, while Princess Anne, aged two, is …

I loveHolkham too.
I spent all my childhood holidays in Wells next the sea,before it became well known.
My father's side of the family are all East Anglians.

My grandmother had pictures of seals at Holkham!
Skigh, my mum's side are partly from there! Summers at Heacham. Small world...

I'm not surprised the royals have a residence there. It's so (in a lovely way) old fashioned and less hectic than other places.

The Welch Cottage mentioned in the article with photos of young HRH Charles & HRH Anne:

A Wendy house fit for a Queen: The secrets and history of the tiny Welsh cottage in the grounds of Windsor where generations of royals have played | Daily Mail Online

article-0-11AFC0B9000005DC-555_634x669.jpg

Image from linked article.

(IMHO, someone should arrange a tour for the now-adult Welsh girl who took part in presenting the house to the family.)
This has reminded me of a childhood visit to Osborne House on the Isle of Wight. Queen Victoria's children had their own "play" cottage in the grounds. I cant tell you how much the 10 year old me wanted a cottage like that!

The Swiss Cottage at Osborne

The Welch Cottage mentioned in the article with photos of young HRH Charles & HRH Anne:

A Wendy house fit for a Queen: The secrets and history of the tiny Welsh cottage in the grounds of Windsor where generations of royals have played | Daily Mail Online

article-0-11AFC0B9000005DC-555_634x669.jpg

Image from linked article.

(IMHO, someone should arrange a tour for the now-adult Welsh girl who took part in presenting the house to the family.)
What an utterly delightful article.

I enjoyed every word of it.

Good to see that the future king and his wife are demanding that the slanderous article is wiped from the internet.

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are understood to be taking legal action against society bible Tatler magazine after it published a 'string of lies' about Kate.

In a highly unusual move, the couple have sent legal letters to the magazine demanding its profile of the Duchess – headlined 'Catherine the Great' – be removed from the internet.

It comes after Kensington Palace issued a fiercely critical statement on last week's article which it said contained a 'swathe of inaccuracies and false representations'."​

Kate and William to sue Tatler over 'cruel, sexist and woman-shaming' article | Daily Mail Online

Good to see that the future king and his wife are demanding that the slanderous article is wiped from the internet.

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are understood to be taking legal action against society bible Tatler magazine after it published a 'string of lies' about Kate.

In a highly unusual move, the couple have sent legal letters to the magazine demanding its profile of the Duchess – headlined 'Catherine the Great' – be removed from the internet.

It comes after Kensington Palace issued a fiercely critical statement on last week's article which it said contained a 'swathe of inaccuracies and false representations'."​

Kate and William to sue Tatler over 'cruel, sexist and woman-shaming' article | Daily Mail Online
More people will read it now!

ETA: IMO

Last edited:
True, but they'll read it knowing that the author is willing to slander the royal family to get attention.
They will know the royal family is claiming it’s a lie. More attention. IMO

They will know the royal family is claiming it’s a lie. More attention. IMO

If they have time to address false media reports, they certainly can't be as busy and overwhelmed as the media report claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery