The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles’s very cluttered desk at his home office in Birkhall revealed

Prince Charles has given an intimate glimpse inside his Scottish home office in Birkhall. The 71-year-old royal was filmed in his residence on the Queen's Balmoral estate as he spoke to Alan Titchmarsh for a special two-part programme on Classic FM. And in one shot, royal fans were given a glimpse of Charles's very cluttered desk! Papers can be seen strewn all over the desk top, which is lined with family photographs, including a particularly striking portrait of his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, and another of his beloved grandmother, the Queen Mother. A wooden sideboard in the background is also filled with personal snapshots; a picture of little Prince George taken at his sister Princess Charlotte's 2015 christening is clearly visible, and there are hand-drawn rainbow pictures also in shot, presumably drawn by his grandchildren.

prince-charles-cluttered-desk-z.jpg

Prince Charles has given a glimpse inside his Birkhall office

In the two-part interview, which concludes on Tuesday evening, the Prince touched on his close bond with his grandmother, and revealed how she inspired his love of music. He said that he first became aware of the performing arts when attending the Bolshoi Ballet's The Fountain of Bakhchisarai in 1956, and reminisced how, as a child, he attended the event in Covent Garden with his grandmother. Asked about his earliest memory of classical music, he said: "Well I suppose various people would play it around me.

"My grandmother used to play quite a bit of music, so I would hear something there. But I suspect the first time I really became aware of it was being taken by my grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, to Covent Garden aged seven, I think. It must have been in 1956 to see the Bolshoi Ballet perform. It was their first visit to the United Kingdom and I shall never forget that incredible occasion. I was completely inspired by it."

I could do with a nice cup of tea right now

Sophie Wessex makes special broadcast to Britons for religious occasion

1287025_1.jpg

image from linked article

Reading from Luke 24 for the "AbbeyCast."

And :

How Kate Middleton & Sophie Wessex Are Turning Meghan Markle Into an Afterthought

kate-middleton-sophie-wessex-ntb-blur.jpg

image from linked article.

Want to see negative press? Look for it.
Want to see two well-known Moms out to make the world a better place? Google "Sophie Wessex" or "Duchess of Cambridge." Works every time.

Meghans refusal to respect royal protocol which includes keeping your political opinions to yourself, caused her to be disliked. She had an incredible opportunity for a fabulous life and she tossed it away. IMO I think she convinced Harry that he was getting the raw end of the deal but she was the one who wouldn’t conform. There are many celebs who are incapable of modesty, MM could have been one that embraced it.

tit for tat:

Kate Middleton Feels ''Exhausted'' After Meghan Markle's Royal Exit

GMAFB!!! She's got all the resources she could need at her disposal, including a full time nanny!!!! I'm so sick of William and Catherine's whinging via the press. So undignified. Suck it up and get on with your rich over-bloated fancy life of not having to do much other than dress in pretty clothes and cut ribbons and smash bottles on boats.

William of anyone should know that life is short and you can't take for granted the future with your loved ones.

*Calling the whaaambulance for poor widdle Kate*

The Queen's staff rotate their shifts every three weeks to ensure monarch's safety during lockdown

The Queen's staff have been taking extra precautions during the coronavirus lockdown to ensure the safety of the 94-year-old monarch and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, who will celebrate his 99th birthday in June, it has emerged.

According to a report from The Sun, Her Majesty's 24 staff members are split into two teams of 12 who work "three weeks on, three weeks off". Staff are reportedly allowed to spend two weeks at home during the rotation, before spending a third week in quarantine and are tested for COVID-19 before returning to work. It's been revealed that Master of the Household Tony Johnstone-Burt, a former Royal Navy officer, has referred to the team of 24 staff members as "HMS Bubble".

queen-leaves-london-z.jpg

The Queen was pictured leaving London for Windsor in March

The Queen and Prince Philip have been residing at Windsor Castle since March as the UK went into lockdown. She has been carrying out her duties remotely, including conducting her weekly audience with Prime Minister Boris Johnson by telephone.

A number of royal events have been cancelled or postponed from the royal family's usually busy summer calendar, including Trooping the Colour. It was revealed last week that the Queen won two entries in the Showing Classes at the first virtual Royal Windsor Horse Show, which would normally take place within the castle's grounds. The monarch also sent a message of support to the Royal Horticultural Society in her role as patron, ahead of the first digital Chelsea Flower Show.

It is thought that the Queen will remain at Windsor Castle for the foreseeable future. Traditionally Her Majesty would travel to Balmoral for her summer break, arriving at the end of July and staying at the Scottish estate until October.

Kate Middleton magazine story contains ‘swathe of inaccuracies,’ according to palace

Kensington Palace is responding to a magazine article characterizing Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, as feeling "exhausted and trapped" by saying it contains "inaccuracies and false misrepresentations."

A palace spokesperson issued a short statement on Wednesday in the wake of a story by Tatler magazine that cites an anonymous friend of the former Kate Middleton saying the duchess is "furious" about her larger workload of royal duties and feeling "exhausted and trapped" since Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, split with the royal family in March.

Kate Middleton magazine story contains ‘swathe of inaccuracies,’ according to palace

Kensington Palace is responding to a magazine article characterizing Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, as feeling "exhausted and trapped" by saying it contains "inaccuracies and false misrepresentations."

A palace spokesperson issued a short statement on Wednesday in the wake of a story by Tatler magazine that cites an anonymous friend of the former Kate Middleton saying the duchess is "furious" about her larger workload of royal duties and feeling "exhausted and trapped" since Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, split with the royal family in March.

Well, watching the Bingo game with Will and Kate, I’d say she’s having a pretty good time.

I kind of think it’s the opposite, once the melodrama barge of mexit left the country, maybe there was a sense of relief?

H & M - they were a high maintenance soap opera. Especially when they were springing things like the Africa film on the RF. And segueing into a dramatic exit.

Kate is looking tired sometimes like the rest of us. Worn out with worry over a pandemic, like the rest of us. But I think both she and William have really stepped up and have been a morale booster. And things like playing bingo with the nursing home peeps is quite endearing.

Kate strikes me as quite genuinely happy, too. So, the “furious and trapped” descriptor is not adding up for me.

Wonder where they got those misrepresentations.

Video at the link

The Royal Family
13 mins ·

The Victoria Sponge was named after Queen Victoria, who regularly ate a slice of sponge cake with her tea, each afternoon!

To mark Royal Garden Parties, Buckingham Palace Pastry Chef's are delighted to share this traditional recipe with you.

Remember to share your #royalbakes !

Ingredients sponge:
-3 eggs
-150g caster sugar
-150g unsalted butter
-150g sieved self-raising flour
-1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
-Jam (strawberry or raspberry)

Ingredients buttercream:
-150g softened unsalted butter
-220g sieved icing sugar
-1/3 vanilla pod or vanilla essence

Method Sponge:
-Preheat the oven to 180C (375F, gas mark 4)
-Grease and line two 8 inch cake tins (if you only own one tin, you can bake the sponge and slice in half)
-Cream the caster sugar, vanilla essence and softened unsalted butter until light and fluffy
-In a separate bowl whisk the eggs
-Gradually add the beaten eggs, a little at a time, to avoid the mixture curdling
-Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture
-Divide the cake mix between the two cake tins and smooth
-Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the cake appears golden brown
-Insert a skewer and ensure it comes out clean
-Remove the sponges from their tins and leave to cool

Method Buttercream:
-Cream the softened butter with the sieved icing sugar and seeds from the vanilla pod (or vanilla essence)

Assembling the cake:
-Ensure that both sponges are completely cold before spreading a layer of jam onto the surface of one sponge
-Spread a thick layer of buttercream on top of the jam ( if you prefer this can be done first)
-Gently place the second sponge on top and gently press down
-Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with a pot of fresh English tea!

Video at the link

The Royal Family
13 mins ·

The Victoria Sponge was named after Queen Victoria, who regularly ate a slice of sponge cake with her tea, each afternoon!

To mark Royal Garden Parties, Buckingham Palace Pastry Chef's are delighted to share this traditional recipe with you.

Remember to share your #royalbakes !

Ingredients sponge:
-3 eggs
-150g caster sugar
-150g unsalted butter
-150g sieved self-raising flour
-1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
-Jam (strawberry or raspberry)

Ingredients buttercream:
-150g softened unsalted butter
-220g sieved icing sugar
-1/3 vanilla pod or vanilla essence

Method Sponge:
-Preheat the oven to 180C (375F, gas mark 4)
-Grease and line two 8 inch cake tins (if you only own one tin, you can bake the sponge and slice in half)
-Cream the caster sugar, vanilla essence and softened unsalted butter until light and fluffy
-In a separate bowl whisk the eggs
-Gradually add the beaten eggs, a little at a time, to avoid the mixture curdling
-Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture
-Divide the cake mix between the two cake tins and smooth
-Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the cake appears golden brown
-Insert a skewer and ensure it comes out clean
-Remove the sponges from their tins and leave to cool

Method Buttercream:
-Cream the softened butter with the sieved icing sugar and seeds from the vanilla pod (or vanilla essence)

Assembling the cake:
-Ensure that both sponges are completely cold before spreading a layer of jam onto the surface of one sponge
-Spread a thick layer of buttercream on top of the jam ( if you prefer this can be done first)
-Gently place the second sponge on top and gently press down
-Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with a pot of fresh English tea!

OMG I love Victoria Sponge cake.

Thank you for this recipe:)

Wonder where they got those misrepresentations.
As many years as we have been watching and reading about Kate, it is so obviously not in her nature to whine and complain about her lot. The author of the current article actually praised her for that very quality in this article- https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/8...d-star-now-shes-a-duchess-warns-royal-author/
Notice how much she says she admires Kate .

She must have a book coming out, some reason to draw attention.

Did you check out who wrote the article from the magazine? The answer will fall back to a LaLa land resident's free mansion who favors the writer.... MOO
I did, and I have no idea who the writer is, never heard of them.

But the notion that this is all a one-sided conflict started and solely perpetuated by H&M is nonsense, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro