The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The Duchess of Cornwall hosted the winners of this year's Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition at Buckingham Palace in London this afternoon.

Camilla, 72, who is Vice-Patron of The Royal Commonwealth Society, teamed a chic forest green dress with knee-high black boots as she held the reception on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen.

She accessorised with pearl jewellery, for an effortlessly smart appearance, and carried a black £295 'mini' bag from British label DeMellier.”

The Duchess of Cornwall hosts Winners Of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 212547

Too bad Camilla didn't wear a high pony :D

camilla high pony.jpg

Meghan Markle has said humans are not 'mechanical objects that need to be fixed' as she opened up about her 'hopes, fears and insecurities' during an intimate chat at a bakery for disadvantaged women.

The Duchess of Sussex lamented the 'culture of instant gratification' in today's society where people expect an 'instant fix', and said humans should instead be seen as 'wounded creatures that need to be healed'.

The 38-year-old was visiting Luminary Bakery, the London-based project to help disadvantaged women which she featured in guest-edited issue of British Vogue.

Meghan Markle opens up about her 'hopes, fears and insecurities' | Daily Mail Online

9E1096C4-7C05-481E-9EE3-C55EA6564A2A.jpeg

Meghan Markle has said humans are not 'mechanical objects that need to be fixed' as she opened up about her 'hopes, fears and insecurities' during an intimate chat at a bakery for disadvantaged women.

The Duchess of Sussex lamented the 'culture of instant gratification' in today's society where people expect an 'instant fix', and said humans should instead be seen as 'wounded creatures that need to be healed'.

The 38-year-old was visiting Luminary Bakery, the London-based project to help disadvantaged women which she featured in guest-edited issue of British Vogue.

Meghan Markle opens up about her 'hopes, fears and insecurities' | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 212641

For the love of peace and tranquility of the nation, please stop talking Meghan. I'm not sure what instant gratification has got to do with tbe bakery she visited, unless it was a disguised message to stop eating cake.

View attachment 212641

Oh. Stop. Really.

Meghan is making me cringe. Seriously, Americans do NOT act like this. We don't wear our hearts on our sleeves, or make everything about us.

What lipstick does Queen Elizabeth wear?

Queen Elizabeth's Makeup, Skin Care, Perfume, Lipstick & Nail Polish

Wildberry, by Elizabeth Arden. Beautiful.

View attachment 212641

Wounded creatures that need to be healed? The RF has to be so embarrassed.

Wounded creatures that need to be healed? The RF has to be so embarrassed.

The more I read, the more I think the major problem is MM doesn’t know how to listen. In these engagements, you show up and listen. Then you give a supportive response that makes the person feel like you care and you support their cause/issue/hardship.

Bill Clinton, regardless of your personal or political feelings, was a master at this. You read story after story about people on the campaign trail who said he’d make you feel like the most important person in the world. He “felt your pain.” So I really don’t even think this is a US/UK thing. You just have to master the art of listening.

2:56 AM - 1 Nov 2019
Richard Palmer‏Verified account @RoyalReporter

This rather bald statement of the facts remains true 25 days later, as far as I can tell. While there is concern for Harry and Meghan’s mental health, their attitude has disappointed the Queen and other members of the Royal Family, according to several sources.

3:03 PM - 7 Oct 2019
Richard Palmer‏Verified account @RoyalReporter
Nobody in the Royal Family or the Royal Household is supporting Harry and Meghan at the moment. Even the couple’s aides seem embarrassed by their actions. William, who dropped his brother like a ton of hot bricks earlier this year, and Charles have distanced themselves.

MM needs to keep her mouth shut. She sounds childish and foolish. She is not 19 or 20 and has been around other stressful situations.

What is with the hair??? Why did she wear it down to a bakery and making a cake with hair all other the place.
Outfit was a big No.

Hopefully, she got to sample items at the bakery!!

I see that she is doing the Melania Trump thingy of not putting your arms in your coat sleeves.

The more I read, the more I think the major problem is MM doesn’t know how to listen. In these engagements, you show up and listen. Then you give a supportive response that makes the person feel like you care and you support their cause/issue/hardship.

Bill Clinton, regardless of your personal or political feelings, was a master at this. You read story after story about people on the campaign trail who said he’d make you feel like the most important person in the world. He “felt your pain.” So I really don’t even think this is a US/UK thing. You just have to master the art of listening.

Yes. This is an extremely important point that Markle misses. She makes it about her and her emotional grandiosity, not about others.

I feel someone should send her a liter of treacle.

And when you make a Royal Visit, you need to overdress. One way to honor those you visit is to take special care to dress well and be tidy. Look at the others in the photos. They've dressed up, put on jewelry and makeup, done their hair. Her appearance is even bad for an IGer

She looks a slovenly mess. The ratty extensions are the worst. She needs to fulfill the theme of honor and encouragement by dressing up and paying attention to her hair and makeup to make visits like this. Those ladies and gents are assaying her appearance very carefully and the non-verbal cues in her messy hair and overly-casual outfit contradict her words.

Look at Prince Charles. He's taken care to dress up in fine Highland style for his visit to Hardwick. You can be sure the folks there are scrutinizing his getup very carefully and are pleased to recognize the details in his kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372