The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who might benefit the most from a huge distraction, such as a "love child" by the future King William would be Prince Andrew.

In my mind it's not out of the question that Ferguson would try something like that. MOO

I doubt it to be honest, the rumours mostly come from blogs and accounts that appear to be based in the US and they have been attempting to ramp it up for quite some time.

Some rumours concerning the Royals just never go away. I guess it's fodder for the rag mags. I had to tell my MIL to stop buying or reading them as she believed every word. If it was in print it must be true lol.

Watching season 3 of “The Crown” & loving it! I love love love Olivia Coleman as the Queen just as much as Claire Foy. :)

I feel for Queen Elizabeth lately, and this show reminds me that she’s always had to contain the crazy in the family. Lol. I can’t imagine being the one person responsible for keeping my entire extended family from appearing wackadoodle to the public. :eek:Appearances mean everything when it comes to the royal family. It’s such a tough job, and she has done it with grace for so long. I imagine at 93, she’s getting tired of it. I sure would be!

Watching season 3 of “The Crown” & loving it! I love love love Olivia Coleman as the Queen just as much as Claire Foy. :)

I feel for Queen Elizabeth lately, and this show reminds me that she’s always had to contain the crazy in the family. Lol. I can’t imagine being the one person responsible for keeping my entire extended family from appearing wackadoodle to the public. :eek:Appearances mean everything when it comes to the royal family. It’s such a tough job, and she has done it with grace for so long. I imagine at 93, she’s getting tired of it. I sure would be!

it appears she authorized the interview with Andrew so she must believe him.

The source is that I've seen them with my own eyes via blogs and social media accounts. The original rumour was said to have originated from someone who is allegedly a friend of Meghan. I will not name them but the original tweet is still available if you care enough to find it. There is of course no allegation that Meghan or any other member of the Royal family is responsible but it's symptomatic of the battleground that the Sussex v Cambridge "fued" has become.

Harry's stance has always been that the press coverage of Meghan has racist undertones. Olivia Coleman, Hillary Clinton and numerous other public figures have claimed the same but nobody has ever been able to produce a single shred of evidence. It's a bold claim. The British public and press have been accused of being racist bullies, Harry has continually fuelled these accusations with his statements. As a member of the British public I take offence to this and I will continue to call it out.
I wish PH married someone else.... a lot of drama since MM came on the scene...jmo

The source is that I've seen them with my own eyes via blogs and social media accounts. The original rumour was said to have originated from someone who is allegedly a friend of Meghan. I will not name them but the original tweet is still available if you care enough to find it. There is of course no allegation that Meghan or any other member of the Royal family is responsible but it's symptomatic of the battleground that the Sussex v Cambridge "fued" has become.

Harry's stance has always been that the press coverage of Meghan has racist undertones. Olivia Coleman, Hillary Clinton and numerous other public figures have claimed the same but nobody has ever been able to produce a single shred of evidence. It's a bold claim. The British public and press have been accused of being racist bullies, Harry has continually fuelled these accusations with his statements. As a member of the British public I take offence to this and I will continue to call it out.

I'm not white and I don't believe that Meghan Markle's treatment in the press has anything to do with her skin colour.
I believe British people when they say the tabloid media in the U.K. can be brutally invasive, trashy, and full of lies. Not news, but rather, entertainment.

The lawsuit against the tabloids is childish.

As for Prince Andrew, he needs to hand in his Royal title, take up golf, and spend the rest of his life playing the game in Scotland and British Colonies around the world with friends who are not involved in human trafficking. And never give another interview as long as he lives.

As for Fergie. I have no sympathy for her. She hasn't seemed to make an honest living or balance her bank account since the day she married into the royal family and was booted from it.

At least the kids are alright.

I don't think it would matter who Harry married. Even Kate went thru bad press. It strikes me as odd that reports say William told Harry to slow down. Harry was much older when he got engaged. William I wouldn't expect to marry during the dating years with Kate. He was much younger. IMO

Should have done this a long time ago IMO

View attachment 216491

The Royal Family on Twitter

I hope this removes him from the ability to hustle monies from business people of questionabe ethics, further compromising the Royal Family. As I read, this is one of the reasons he ended up enshared with Epstein to begin with. The money, the luxury living, the rich important people to meet.

Oh, and take the parasitic ex wife with you into obscurity

Charles will clean it up by removing him from the royal succession, in time.

I don't think it would matter who Harry married. Even Kate went thru bad press. It strikes me as odd that reports say William told Harry to slow down. Harry was much older when he got engaged. William I wouldn't expect to marry during the dating years with Kate. He was much younger. IMO

There are some things I think HM does right, such as keeping the hated "stiff upper lip" and generally not letting it all hang out in terms of letting us all in on her innermost thoughts and emotions and dreams and ideas and opinions.... ad nauseam. She holds the monarchy to be above, or to transcend, these things. She takes her duty, as far as the monarchy has a "duty" these days -such as bestowing honors, taking part in ceremonies, supporting various charities, etc., very seriously, and goes about them day in and day out, year in and year out, without drama, and generally without telling us all about it. A simple photograph or two suffices. In my book, these things are what separate the Royal Family from "celebrities".

However, she has made many misjudgements over the years -off the top of my head: The early documentary emphasizing just how prosaic Royal Family life is; her stripping Princess Diana of her title (apparently, this was pushed by PC but, still, I believe HM has the ultimate say) -hard to fathom it, as PC, by all accounts, was unfaithful almost from the get-go; her appalling lack of simple respect for PD upon her death, at least until the Prime Minister moved her to show some; and her utter lack of perspective on her "favorite son". (I'm no Princess Diana fan, by the way, but those things were awful.)

I get the impression that she has always had a very firm idea on how she should behave, but no concept that most of those around her have absolutely no idea nor, apparently, do they care. She can be woefully out of touch with the motivations, weaknesses, ambitions, struggles, etc. of those around her. Princess Diana is one case. A very young woman, marrying into the RF but also an older man would be challenging enough. Then to have him running around with his ex and the Queen, essentially, with the attitude that she should just put up with it -no wonder there was no love lost between the two. With some empathy, advice, support from HM, that PD documentary could likely have been staved off.

Then, there's the DoS: Did anyone, ever, anywhere, think that an actress and celebrity would be a fit for royal life? An American at that, where the very idea of monarchy is practically anathema -certainly foreign. We fought a war over it, after all. Actresses and celebrities, far from "keeping a stiff upper lip" are known for attention-seeking, publicity seeking, camera-seeking behavior, and for wanting to give opinions on every subject they generally know nothing about, so as to appear like they "are" someone; rather than simply someone who "plays" other people. They constantly seek self-validation.

My bet, anyway, is that upon HM's retirement/abdication, the British Monarchy will be irrevocably changed. The few aspects of HM that kept the RF from mere celebrity status aren't much apparent in the next generation, with the exception, maybe, of PW and Kate.

I'm not white and I don't believe that Meghan Markle's treatment in the press has anything to do with her skin colour.
I believe British people when they say the tabloid media in the U.K. can be brutally invasive, trashy, and full of lies. Not news, but rather, entertainment.

The lawsuit against the tabloids is childish.

As for Prince Andrew, he needs to hand in his Royal title, take up golf, and spend the rest of his life playing the game in Scotland and British Colonies around the world with friends who are not involved in human trafficking. And never give another interview as long as he lives.

As for Fergie. I have no sympathy for her. She hasn't seemed to make an honest living or balance her bank account since the day she married into the royal family and was booted from it.

At least the kids are alright.

It genuinely upsets me that someone who is supposed to be an ambassador for our nation is so keen to be perpetuating these untruths. We are such a multicultural society, and on the whole we are deeply proud of that. It is one of our greatest strengths.

I agree about the lawsuits, it is coming across as being an expensive temper tantrum.

As for PA, the further he stays away from public duties, the better. If he is true to his word and is willing to cooperate with the authorities he could go some way towards repairing his reputation but I think the damage is done now.

There are some things I think HM does right, such as keeping the hated "stiff upper lip" and generally not letting it all hang out in terms of letting us all in on her innermost thoughts and emotions and dreams and ideas and opinions.... ad nauseam. She holds the monarchy to be above, or to transcend, these things. She takes her duty, as far as the monarchy has a "duty" these days -such as bestowing honors, taking part in ceremonies, supporting various charities, etc., very seriously, and goes about them day in and day out, year in and year out, without drama, and generally without telling us all about it. A simple photograph or two suffices. In my book, these things are what separate the Royal Family from "celebrities".

However, she has made many misjudgements over the years -off the top of my head: The early documentary emphasizing just how prosaic Royal Family life is; her stripping Princess Diana of her title (apparently, this was pushed by PC but, still, I believe HM has the ultimate say) -hard to fathom it, as PC, by all accounts, was unfaithful almost from the get-go; her appalling lack of simple respect for PD upon her death, at least until the Prime Minister moved her to show some; and her utter lack of perspective on her "favorite son". (I'm no Princess Diana fan, by the way, but those things were awful.)

I get the impression that she has always had a very firm idea on how she should behave, but no concept that most of those around her have absolutely no idea nor, apparently, do they care. She can be woefully out of touch with the motivations, weaknesses, ambitions, struggles, etc. of those around her. Princess Diana is one case. A very young woman, marrying into the RF but also an older man would be challenging enough. Then to have him running around with his ex and the Queen, essentially, with the attitude that she should just put up with it -no wonder there was no love lost between the two. With some empathy, advice, support from HM, that PD documentary could likely have been staved off.

Then, there's the DoS: Did anyone, ever, anywhere, think that an actress and celebrity would be a fit for royal life? An American at that, where the very idea of monarchy is practically anathema -certainly foreign. We fought a war over it, after all. Actresses and celebrities, far from "keeping a stiff upper lip" are known for attention-seeking, publicity seeking, camera-seeking behavior, and for wanting to give opinions on every subject they generally know nothing about, so as to appear like they "are" someone; rather than simply someone who "plays" other people. They constantly seek self-validation.

My bet, anyway, is that upon HM's retirement/abdication, the British Monarchy will be irrevocably changed. The few aspects of HM that kept the RF from mere celebrity status aren't much apparent in the next generation, with the exception, maybe, of PW and Kate.

BBM : it is said that Prince Charles is keen to slim down the monarchy when he ascends to the throne. IMO the only members who should have a title and access to public funds are the immediate heirs and their families; Prince Charles and his family, Prince William and his family. The members of those families who are not immediate heirs should know from a very young age that the time will come when they will not be considered senior royals and they will have to fend for themselves. They get the very best education in the very best private schools at enormous cost. There's really no reason why they should not be capable of working to support themselves. Proper jobs I mean, not trophy ones.

I agree the Queen has most certainly made some errors in judgement but I will give her her dues, she does seem to learn from them. I'm not one of those people who believes Diana a saint or an angel, but the way she was treated was abhorrent in many ways. I remember the days after her death, just waiting to hear from the Queen...and waiting, and waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b