The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my Father had made $ off me by selling stories and photos and didn't walk me down the aisle then he would be my Father in name only. His behavior was/is off the charts. I cant even imagine the pain and embarrassment. I'm not believing the heart attack stories at this point. IMO

Apologies, guess I didn't realize it was a 'fluffy' thread so I'll keep my comments to myself. English, although I'm 15% British, is not my first language & I got jewelry & clothing mistaken. Many thanks for the correction. And it's really Toni-Antonia I'm a girl incorrectly translating my great grand mother's name into an English nickname. Merry Winter Solstice

Happy Winter Solstice to you!

I’m not as fluffy about it as time goes on. In fact I am starting to get the feeling that this will not end in a “fairytale” fashion.

From pictures/images seems the duchess may be trying too hard to be one of them. Like she is equal to William/Kate.

I’m not an expert but when I saw the picture of Meghan with hand on Kates back leaving church I just hit me as being wrong.

Jmo If I were Kate I would Keep my distance. Jmo

I guess I'm not the norm - what harm would it do to reach out to her father?

The problem is he will probably be on Good Morning Britain and the Daily Mail Online the next day talking about the conversation they had so he can make some more cash. He and Samantha cannot be trusted. The Duchess is their cash cow.

Sitting next to a gold piano was tone deaf!' Queen's speech is branded a 'PR disaster' as lavish backdrop sparks an angry backlash on Twitter - but some PRAISE the monarch for speaking out on social issues

Queen’s backdrop for Christmas Day speech sparks Twitter backlash | Daily Mail Online

The negative pr continues. I suspect future speeches will be in a less fancy setting.

I was happy to see that room w/ gold piano. People need to get a grip for goodness sake. I wish it was all on display to see.

I was happy to see that room w/ gold piano. People need to get a grip for goodness sake. I wish it was all on display to see.

I think the people who were upset are ones who really wish the monarchy would go away. The piano belonged to Queen Victoria, and I expect most of the furnishings at Buckingham Palace pre-date Queen Elizabeth. I enjoy seeing them too. The piano was barely visible for most of her speech. I think her speeches over the years have been in a variety of settings and I’ve never felt that the Queen is insensitive or particularly materialistic.
JMO

I think that the British monarchy is going to have to change. In two generations, I would be surprised if the institution still exists.

William is beloved because so many loved Diana. Charles, better have a quick reign, or none at all.

As for Meghan's baby (ies), I predict March. And they will be small.

She's not leading by example! Jessica Mulroney models an $11,000 Hermes Birkin and $750 heels as she steps out in rainy New York City - after filming a BUDGET fashion segment for GMA

Jessica Mulroney carries an $11,000 Birkin bag in New York City after GMA appearance | Daily Mail Online

How Jessica got this job I do not know. I am certain she would not have got this job if it wasn’t public knowledge she is helping to dress the Duchess of Sussex.

Not one piece of this outfit works with another. The brown jacket with red dress with black bag with tan (nude) ugly pumps that show her toes?? Ugh. What a mess! Not impressed and I think she is to blame for some of Meghan’s fashion bloopers. She’s also cashing in on her friendship with Meghan just like her family, but in a different way.

Happy Winter Solstice to you!

I’m not as fluffy about it as time goes on. In fact I am starting to get the feeling that this will not end in a “fairytale” fashion.

From pictures/images seems the duchess may be trying too hard to be one of them. Like she is equal to William/Kate.

I’m not an expert but when I saw the picture of Meghan with hand on Kates back leaving church I just hit me as being wrong.

Jmo If I were Kate I would Keep my distance. Jmo

How is she not equal? BTW, I feel we are all equal. They use the toilet and to dust they return as we all do.

I think the people who were upset are ones who really wish the monarchy would go away. The piano belonged to Queen Victoria, and I expect most of the furnishings at Buckingham Palace pre-date Queen Elizabeth. I enjoy seeing them too. The piano was barely visible for most of her speech. I think her speeches over the years have been in a variety of settings and I’ve never felt that the Queen is insensitive or particularly materialistic.
JMO

The stuff could be sold and the money used somehow. Actually, I look at as a museum where things can be saved.

The British Museum has the most fabulous things stolen from nations they conquered . So far, at least they are preserved rather than being destroyed such as so many artifacts lost from Iraq.

I saw that big diamond in the Tower of London. Is it the actual one? At the time, I thought if I saw that at TJMaxx, I would not buy it.

Last edited:
She's not leading by example! Jessica Mulroney models an $11,000 Hermes Birkin and $750 heels as she steps out in rainy New York City - after filming a BUDGET fashion segment for GMA

Jessica Mulroney carries an $11,000 Birkin bag in New York City after GMA appearance | Daily Mail Online

How Jessica got this job I do not know. I am certain she would not have got this job if it wasn’t public knowledge she is helping to dress the Duchess of Sussex.

I forget the brand, but I know in England there are handbags that sell for $100,000. I think it is a company that makes leather seats for a luxury car.

I wonder what makes an $11,000 purse?

I hate those shoes. I am sure plastic is really comfy, the way it breathes and molds perfectly to your foot. NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur