The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton Attends Easter Service with Prince William on Queen Elizabeth's Birthday

catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-attensd-easter-sunday-news-photo-1144116583-1555841388.jpg

I love this outfit, she is so regal and eloquent !!!

Kensington Palace Breaks Silence on Report that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Planning an Africa Move

Kensington Palace remarks on story of plans to have PH and Meghan move to Africa. Brief and diplomatic, flattering to the Sussexes.

Given all the sophisticated PR happenings these days in the BRF, JMO, this means the first story in the Sunday Times was leaked by Harry & Meghan's PR team. Not surprising as that first article was somewhat unflattering towards the Cambridges, making William sound weak and unpopular. No one else would have advance information about such a decision within the royal family, so the leak had to come from them. Also explains the use of "rock stars" to describe their popularity

Why are Harry and Meghan saying such cruel things about everyone else in the BRF? Seems KP was probably willing to sit on this news for a while to avoid pressure on the Sussexes when they're expecting their first child. So why did they choose to leak the story themselves. JMO, I find the way the Sussexes instigate and pursue these PR wars to be very unsettling. I'm starting to get an "injustice collector" vibe from MM. JMO

This is starting to give me a headache. I feel badly for everyone involved. Such a mess. And it's not at all like Princess Diana, who was treated badly by her husband and his family before going to the press.

ETA: And why leak the story on Easter/the Queen's Birthday? That's just mean.

Where there's smoke, there is usually fire....
jmho

A move to Africa? I don't see that as feasible right now. Even the most "safe" countries in Africa are changing so quickly that US State Department Reports are obsolete.

Unless they really want Harry and Meghan "gone".

I can understand humanitarian visits raising awareness of important causes etc but actually moving there for a considerable period of time seems crazy.

Prince Charles wants a streamlined monarchy Her Majesty, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Princess Anne. Her Majesty is not going to be able to do so many engagements so the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are going to be needed here and abroad and not just in Africa.

Your back Graham. Glad your doing well.

Thanks @Bravo for your kindness. I was misdiagnosed with a different infection last night that had caused a lump then I told this morning I don’t have it. I was mad about being given antibiotics I didn’t need. I’m glad to be home especially with the press conference in Abigail and Liberty’s case tomorrow.

Just this week HRH Andrew's lovely daughters, though considered 'non-working Royals', have participated in events & received good press.

I don’t know what is going to happen there apparently Prince Charles does not want them representing the royal family in an official capacity and Prince Andrew does which has caused trouble between them. I don’t see any harm in them helping their Grandmother but I agree they should not receive public money for doing so.

Oh, the work that goes into being a Princess. Watching YouTube videos for makeup tips, and telling your makeup artist what products and techniques to use.

Spending hours buying clothes, shoes, coordinating outfits, or telling someone else to do it, and what to pack.

Showing up at every single boring royal family gathering, with people you have nothing in common with. Going to royal duty calls, smiling and being happy all of the time, and later reading some catty articles about what you said that offended someone.

Poor Meghan, I would never trade places with her. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli