The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been speculating about a baby bump for months! No need to further speculate: The magical day has finally arrived :) Hoping Meghan has an easy pregnancy and gives birth to a happy, healthy Baby Royal next spring. Congratulations!

I thought Megan had a big of an extra glow to her face about 8 weeks ago and was hoping for an announcement around now!

How come the baby will be a Lord or Lady and not a Prince or Princess? The BBC said that it's because Harry isn't in the direct line of succession, but Andrew's daughters are princesses, so I don't really understand?

I thought Meghan looked glowing and great, and pregnant, with a couple more pounds on her at Eugenie's wedding.

Was not a fan of her navy wedding outfit, color was too dark and drab for her complexion, I think.

Sometimes it takes a while to discover color and be comfortable wearing it. I remember I had an aversion to pinks for the longest time. Sometime in my fifties I discovered hots pinks and raspberries. Now, I love pinks!!

I thought Meghan looked glowing and great, and pregnant, with a couple more pounds on her at Eugenie's wedding.

Was not a fan of her navy wedding outfit, color was too dark and drab for her complexion, I think.

Sometimes it takes a while to discover color and be comfortable wearing it. I remember I had an aversion to pinks for the longest time. Sometime in my fifties I discovered hots pinks and raspberries. Now, I love pinks!!

I wasn't a fan of that outfit either - too boring for the festive occasion.

I don't think she has found her "royal style" yet, though I do like her in tailored pant outfits. Perhaps we'll more of that look when she's a mom with little kids on casual outings.

Is that how you came by your moniker?

I thought Megan had a big of an extra glow to her face about 8 weeks ago and was hoping for an announcement around now!

How come the baby will be a Lord or Lady and not a Prince or Princess? The BBC said that it's because Harry isn't in the direct line of succession, but Andrew's daughters are princesses, so I don't really understand?

Something to do with being the grandchildren of a reigning monarch, putting it simply. All of the Queens grandchildren born to a son (ie William, Harry, Eugenie, Beatrice, Louise & James) can be HRH Prince/Princess but Edward & Sophie didn't want to. The Queen decreed that all of Will's children would be princes/ses and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry's baby gets the same, after all he/she WILL be the grandchild of a reigning monarch if Charles takes over.

The rules seem to chop and change and there are several members of the family, such as the Queens cousins who are Princes but don't use the title for every days use.

Here's an official list of current/living British princes and princesses in age order, not all of whom use the title:

Philip 1921 Husband of Queen Elizabeth II
Also a female-line Gt-gt-grandson of Queen Victoria Prince of Greece and Denmark from birth until renounced title 18 March 1947; Duke of Edinburgh – 1947; Prince of the United Kingdom (created by the sovereign) since 22 February 1957.

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary 1926 Daughter of George VI Held the title 'Princess Elizabeth of York' from birth, 'The Princess Elizabeth' from her father's accession in 1936, until her succession in 1952 as Queen Elizabeth II.

Edward George Nicholas Paul Patrick 1935 1st son of George Edward Alexander Edmund
& Grandson of King George V Prince of the United Kingdom from birth; Duke of Kent since 25 August 1942.

Alexandra Helen Elizabeth Olga Christabel 1936 Granddaughter of George V Daughter of Prince George, Duke of Kent.

Michael George Charles Franklin 1942 2nd son of George Edward Alexander Edmund
& Grandson of King George V Prince of the United Kingdom from birth.

Richard Alexander Walter George 1944 2nd son of Henry William Frederick Albert
& Grandson of King George V Prince of the United Kingdom from birth; Duke of Gloucester since 10 June 1974.

Charles Philip Arthur George 1948 1st son of Queen Elizabeth II Prince of the United Kingdom from birth; Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothesay – 1952; Prince of Wales since 26 July 1958.

Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise 1950 Daughter of Elizabeth II Held the title 'Princess Anne of Edinburgh' from birth, 'The Princess Anne' from her mother's accession, and styled 'The Princess Royal' in 1987.

Andrew Albert Christian Edward 1960 2nd son of Queen Elizabeth II Prince of the United Kingdom from birth; Duke of York since 23 July 1986.

Edward Antony Richard Louis 1964 3rd son of Queen Elizabeth II Prince of the United Kingdom from birth; Earl of Wessex since 19 June 1999.

William Arthur Philip Louis 1982 1st son of Charles Philip Arthur George
& Grandson of Queen Elizabeth II Prince of the United Kingdom from birth; Duke of Cambridge since 29 April 2011.

Henry Charles Albert David 1984 2nd son of Charles Philip Arthur George
& Grandson of Queen Elizabeth II Prince of the United Kingdom from birth; Duke of Sussex since 19 May 2018.

Beatrice Elizabeth Mary 1988 Granddaughter of Elizabeth II Daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York.

Eugenie Victoria Helena 1990 Granddaughter of Elizabeth II Daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York.

Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary 2003 Granddaughter of Elizabeth II Daughter of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex; styled as an earl's daughter per her parents' wishes and the will of the Queen.

James Alexander Philip Theo 2007 Son of Prince Edward & Grandson of Queen Elizabeth II Styled as an earl's son per his parents' wishes and the will of the Queen.

George Alexander Louis 2013 1st son of Prince William & Gt-grandson of Queen Elizabeth II Prince of the United Kingdom from birth.

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana 2015 Great-granddaughter of Elizabeth II Daughter of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, holds the title 'Princess Charlotte of Cambridge'.

Louis Arthur Charles 2018 2nd son of Prince William & Gt-grandson of Queen Elizabeth II Prince of the United Kingdom from birth.

Just looked at the names of the Middleton clan
Catherine Elizabeth
Philippa Charlotte
James William
It's almost like they were destined to have royal connections!

Looking at my list of princes and princesses above they seem to have churned the same names over and over for generations. I wonder what the Queen et al thought when the Phillips grandchildren were named - Isla, Savannah, Mia & Lena - don't think those names had been used before. Will Harry and Meghan will choose something more out there? Or stick to the more traditional?

Just looked at the names of the Middleton clan
Catherine Elizabeth
Philippa Charlotte
James William
It's almost like they were destined to have royal connections!

Looking at my list of princes and princesses above they seem to have churned the same names over and over for generations. I wonder what the Queen et al thought when the Phillips grandchildren were named - Isla, Savannah, Mia & Lena - don't think those names had been used before. Will Harry and Meghan will choose something more out there? Or stick to the more traditional?

I think it's weird how Catherine is descended from Anne Boleyn's sister and Catherine might have Henry VIII in her ancestry as Henry was 'seeing' Anne's sister for some time and is rumored to have fathered the daughter who is Catherine's ancestor.

And James Brooksbank, Eugenie's new husband, he's also descended from Edward III.

I just wonder how many of us 'real commoners' have that kind of ancestry? lol

I think Harry and Megan should have a little more leeway with choosing names than William and Catherine did. I think William and Catherine were obliged to choose names that would sound appropriate for a monarch.

The name Zara was very surprising when Anne chose that for her daughter! But Andrew and Sarah chose names from Queen Victoria's children.

I think that now William has three children it will come down more to what Harry and Megan like, as long as it's not something like Rocky or Moon Unit.

The name Zara was very surprising when Anne chose that for her daughter! But Andrew and Sarah chose names from Queen Victoria's children.

I think that now William has three children it will come down more to what Harry and Megan like, as long as it's not something like Rocky or Moon Unit.

Prince Moon Unit of Sussex hahahahah

Zara is a derivative of Sarah - basically the same name with alternate spelling. Isn't there also a younger Sarah among the Royals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse