The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Duchess of Cambridge’s coat looked nice it should do when it cost £4,000. I don’t like the Duchess of Sussex’s Victoria Beckham coat and her VB handbag looks daft.

The pics are of Eugenie, not Kate and Meghan. Their outfits are very nice

View attachment 161521 View attachment 161522 View attachment 161523 View attachment 161524 View attachment 161525

Kate and Meghan are all smiles as they put rumours of a rift behind them to join their husbands, the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family at Christmas Day church service in Sandringham

Kate and Meghan are all smiles as they join the Queen at church in Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

I just Love the queens dress/coat. Looking at the piping on the coat close it appears that flowered/colored material is under the crocheted border.

Queen Elizabeth has beautiful skin, she has aged well.

The queen and the family leave church. I just love the back of Kate's hat that is shown towards the end of the video. And Andrew barraging through the crowd LOL.

Her hat is amazing. Here's a close up
7817448-6528473-image-a-2_1545765893753.jpg

I just Love the queens dress/coat. Looking at the piping on the coat close it appears that flowered/colored material is under the crocheted border.

Queen Elizabeth has beautiful skin, she has aged well.

Looking at the Queen is like looking at my late mother who would have been 107 this month. Similar face, hair, skin, clothing style (except for hats) and even legs. Just before she died at 92, her hospital roommate commented on her skin and couldn’t believe her age. The Queen is just lovely.

Looking at the Queen is like looking at my late mother who would have been 107 this month. Similar face, hair, skin, clothing style (except for hats) and even legs. Just before she died at 92, her hospital roommate commented on her skin and couldn’t believe her age. The Queen is just lovely.
She really has aged beautifully. How neat that she reminds you of your mother.

Apologies, guess I didn't realize it was a 'fluffy' thread so I'll keep my comments to myself. English, although I'm 15% British, is not my first language & I got jewelry & clothing mistaken. Many thanks for the correction. And it's really Toni-Antonia I'm a girl incorrectly translating my great grand mother's name into an English nickname. Merry Winter Solstice

Kate and Meghan were ordered by the Queen to put on a show of unity together at the Christmas Day church service in Sandringham, it is claimed.

Her Royal Highness and Prince Charles allegedly made it clear that any rift between the two duchesses must be kept out of the public eye as they arrived together at the St Mary Magdalene Church.

The two appeared to take the advice on board as they were seen laughing and joking while photographers captured the pair walking towards the church.

Kate and Meghan 'were ordered to call Christmas Day truce by the Queen' | Daily Mail Online

Do you think it was all fake for the press? I’m actually genuinely shocked the Daily Mail hasn’t employed lip readers and body language experts to provide a photo by photo analysis.

Apologies, guess I didn't realize it was a 'fluffy' thread so I'll keep my comments to myself. English, although I'm 15% British, is not my first language & I got jewelry & clothing mistaken. Many thanks for the correction. And it's really Toni-Antonia I'm a girl incorrectly translating my great grand mother's name into an English nickname. Merry Winter Solstice

No need to apologize Tony-Toni. :) I think your opinions would actually be a great subject for a thread you could start for taking a more serious look at either the monarchy or extravagant spending by famous wealthy people in general, even in this country. Not that our opinions would carry any weight, as they don’t here on this thread, but it can be an interesting discussion as long as it doesn’t become political (against TOS).

Kate and Meghan were ordered by the Queen to put on a show of unity together at the Christmas Day church service in Sandringham, it is claimed.

Her Royal Highness and Prince Charles allegedly made it clear that any rift between the two duchesses must be kept out of the public eye as they arrived together at the St Mary Magdalene Church.

The two appeared to take the advice on board as they were seen laughing and joking while photographers captured the pair walking towards the church.

Kate and Meghan 'were ordered to call Christmas Day truce by the Queen' | Daily Mail Online

Do you think it was all fake for the press? I’m actually genuinely shocked the Daily Mail hasn’t employed lip readers and body language experts to provide a photo by photo analysis.

I don’t think it’s fake for the press. They no doubt get along well enough, considering they have very little in common, except husbands being brothers and marrying into the Royal Family. I wouldn’t expect them to be bffs. And even if there had been a little tiff, I expect they are both mature and sensible enough to put aside their differences in public without being told to do so by the Queen and Charles. The DM has the best photos, but otherwise it’s a fish-wrapper, as my Dad used to call our local paper.

What is it about Kate and Meghan that is so different? They both are super thin and do some kind of exercise. They must have healthy eating concerns. They both do not come from Royalty. They both have to adjust to a difficult life which includes lots of rules.

Does Kate have causes? William and Harry are best of friends. Harry was like a third wheel with Kate and William. Now he has his own life.

Both Kate and Meghan seem to have littke impact on their figures with pregnancy. Do they talk about pregnancy? Having children? Nannies?

So many topics they can discuss as there are few in their shoes in the world

What is it about Kate and Meghan that is so different? They both are super thin and do some kind of exercise. They must have healthy eating concerns. They both do not come from Royalty. They both have to adjust to a difficult life which includes lots of rules.

Does Kate have causes? William and Harry are best of friends. Harry was like a third wheel with Kate and William. Now he has his own life.

Both Kate and Meghan seem to have littke impact on their figures with pregnancy. Do they talk about pregnancy? Having children? Nannies?

Perhaps they may just clash personality wise. They had different upbringings too which may affect how they get on. The Duchess of Cambridge seems to have a more reserved personality and has never been a career woman whereas the Duchess of Sussex is used to being a glamorous successful actress. I don’t mean to criticise either they just seem very different people.

The Duchess of Cambridge is a strong supporter of mental health causes particularly involving young people.

I expect they will have more in common when the Duchess of Sussex has had her own child and she has to juggle royal life and motherhood.

The Queen's Christmas Day speech has been slammed on social media for being "out of touch" and disrespectful to families "struggling to make ends meet".

In her annual address, broadcast at 3pm today. the head of state talked about Brexit and austerity.

Queen's speech in front of lavish gold piano blasted for being 'out of touch'

To be honest I’m surprised it has taken this long for this kind of backlash. You do have to wonder what Buckingham Palace is thinking of showing Her Majesty The Queen in such a grand setting I personally think it would be better to have the Queen sitting at her desk with a Christmas tree behind her with less wealth on display but what do I know.

Yes, they have lots of subjects they can talk about, of course. What I meant about not having a lot in common is in their backgrounds, upbringing and life experience...but that wouldn’t stop them from getting along or even being good friends. It might just mean that they are closer to other friends.

Perhaps they may just clash personality wise. They had different upbringings too which may affect how they get on. The Duchess of Cambridge seems to have a more reserved personality and has never been a career woman whereas the Duchess of Sussex is used to being a glamorous successful actress. I don’t mean to criticise either they just seem very different people.

The Duchess of Cambridge is a strong supporter of mental health causes particularly involving young people.

I expect they will have more in common when the Duchess of Sussex has had her own child and she has to juggle royal life and motherhood.

Yes, you’ve explained very well why they are very different people who wouldn’t necessarily be drawn to each other. But who knows? I have very good friends who have led a different life than I have. They might have gotten really close. But I don’t think it should be “expected” of them just because their husbands are close. The press wants us to think there is huge drama behind the scenes of course, but I doubt it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321