MI - Samantha Woll, a Detroit synagogue president, fatally stabbed *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a bit surprised anyone is deadlocked. Although the defense gave an admirable attempt at SODDI, I just don't believe he was checking her pulse. Just not plasuible to me. I think he panicked when he realized she was lying on the couch and attacked her. She tried to run out the door, where she collapsed.

MOO, though.
Checking her pulse? It would be laughable if this was not a serious murder case--
Cant imagine anyone actually believing that

Perhaps someone on the jury has anti-Semitic feelings, and is hesitant to convict anyone of the crime. They may feel that the loss of Ms Woll's life is not something that should result in a criminal conviction. There are such people out there, but, of course, the deadlock may have another explanation. Just my speculation...

It is hard to believe the defendant just happened on Ms Woll's body, because he appears to be the only plausible intruder.

But it recorded activity, not any particular individual on camera, right? So it recorded someone in her house at that time…
If Samantha was supposedly already dead outside of her neighbor's house by 4:21, then who tripped the motion sensor inside her living room?
There were 2 possible windows of time for Samantha to have been attacked -- the first, before 1:24am (the second to last time her living room motion sensor detected motion); and after 4:20am (the last time the living room sensor detected motion).
We KNOW that Samantha wasn't attacked before 1:24am because she was using her cellphone (checking texts, Instagram and watching Netflix) until 1:36am.
Therefore, she was attacked at 4:20am -- the exact time Michael was on the scene.
The lack of blood evidence on him speaks to the fact that he was wearing gloves and Samantha was wearing multiple layers of clothing (including a hoodie) and no arteries or major vessels were severed.
The defense's case essentially boils down to SOMEONE ELSE attacked Sam at 4:20am, she lingered in her house long enough to leave a large amount of blood in the entry way, and she stumbled outside to be found "cold dead" no later than 4:22am (so as to allow Michael 90 seconds to run to the Monroe Street bridge where we was next captured on camera). It's beyond ridiculous.

Can they do that? I think it's better to have a verdict than a hung jury but it also seems... like cheating.

The juror wasn't replaced because of their vote, the article says it's because they had a vacation scheduled.

I'm hoping the vacation turns out to be good luck. I'm also assuming the holdout(s) is for acquittal, but we don't know what the vote split is

"Deliberations to continue in Samantha Woll murder trial as jury remains deadlocked."

"Jury still deadlocked

as juror replaced

on day 3 of deliberations

in Samantha Woll murder trial."

Last edited:
The juror wasn't replaced because of their vote, the article says it's because they had a vacation scheduled.

I'm hoping the vacation turns out to be good luck. I'm also assuming the holdout(s) is for acquittal, but we don't know what the vote split is
In this MSM report from the Detroit Free Press (bbm) the article states 'some of the counts'...I don't recall how many counts the defendant, MJB, is facing.

"In two separate notes to the judge, the jury stated on Monday that it remains deadlocked on some of the counts."

The charges include felony murder, second-degree murder, home invasion and lying to a police officer. Maybe they all agree on lying to police.

I recently started watching the trial. The defense attorney is so irritating and yet I am always fascinated by what he comes up with and how he gets under everyone's skin.

In this MSM report from the Detroit Free Press (bbm) the article states 'some of the counts'...I don't recall how many counts the defendant, MJB, is facing.

"In two separate notes to the judge, the jury stated on Monday that it remains deadlocked on some of the counts."

If only the Karen Read jury had been as specific as this in their notes!!!

The charges include felony murder, second-degree murder, home invasion and lying to a police officer. Maybe they all agree on lying to police.

Thanks for the refresher.

I bet they're divided over felony vs 2nd degree.

I feel better about the lack of agreement if that's where they're stuck. I can't fathom them being stuck on whether he did or didn't unalive her.

Once you accept that he was near her home, simultaneous to her security camera registering movement, he was there to steal and the rest ensued....

Why was he in her yard?

The defense couldn't put him anywhere else. And failed to move her death earlier...

Weird to replace jurors now but hopefully the rule of law supports it and renewed, a guilty verdict is within sight.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13