The Business Card Photo

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rick Hernandez said that PG told him that it was a picture of his daughter, Alissa, according to Channel 2 News in Reno, but they have yet to confirm it with authorities.

Link:http://www.dipity.com/timeline/Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-Picture/event/Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-?eid=aO27GpRVfN0&mode=site

I believe it is probably her. As someone else said, some customers had the card and also saw the person they knew as 'Alyssa' in person. I would think the people who saw both would be the best judge of whether it is her or not.

My opinion, with all this speculation of the pose of the picture, is that it looks like thousands of high school senior portraits across the country. I do not think it is provocative, it just appears to be a carefree young person posing. We have to remember that she formed an attachment with this monster, so I am guessing that there were some moments of "normal" where they celebrated holidays, and posed for pictures. Perhaps she saw a photo or ad for senior pictures and told PG that she wanted a photo taken like that. She probably felt special when he put it on his business cards. I cannot even begin to imagine what she went through, but she was still alive, and I am guessing she grasped at whatever straws of normalcy that she could.

With that said, I am not 100% convinced that this is Jaycee.
I find the picture disturbing even if it isn't Jaycee. The man is a registered sex offender, and he has a pretty blond girl, obviously not his wife, on his business brochure. I know it is his "right" but it is sick. If it is Jaycee, he was an arrogant SOB to be flaunting her image to the world.

As curious as I may be to see how Jaycee looks, I hope they do not publish Jaycee's or the girls' photo -- ever, or until they feel they are secure enough have people recognize them in public. Adjusting to the world beyond their former one is going to be difficult enough without random strangers staring, gawking, whispering, or pointing finger. We all need to shelter this little family and allow they to enter the bigger world without fear or intimidation. I am just so grateful they are found.

Her nose is totally different as a child. Eyes look different, teeth as well as mouth shape are different. Her lips are quite thin but in the adult picture, much fuller. I think she may look similar to this but I don't think it's her.

Her nose is totally different as a child. Eyes look different, teeth as well as mouth shape are different. Her lips are quite thin but in the adult picture, much fuller. I think she may look similar to this but I don't think it's her.

Here's a comparison of the NE image (skewed back to normal), with a similar pose of JC, and the age progressed image, reversed to show a similar pose:

JC Dugard business card comparison 2 copy.jpg

This discussion brings to mind some sleuthing done during the Cold War. CIA analysts were able to determine, by using ear shapes, that Mao Zedong was using doubles in the last years of his life, due to his poor health.

Here's a comparison of the NE image (skewed back to normal), with a similar pose of JC, and the age progressed image, reversed to show a similar pose:

View attachment 5081

This discussion brings to mind some sleuthing done during the Cold War. CIA analysts were able to determine, by using ear shapes, that Mao Zedong was using doubles in the last years of his life, due to his poor health.

That is a much clearer copy of the business card photo. It's so hard to tell if it is Jaycee or not.

Her lips in the age progression photo look more similar than the young photo but she has got lipstick on in the b/card photo and that always make lips look fuller. I agree with whoever said about the eyelashes, it does appear that the girl in the b/card photo has false eyelashes on.

Would not like to be making a bet on this.

See attached
6a00d8341c2ca253ef0120a560896a970b-pi
What is the origin of this photo? i.e. How did someone obtain one this size (or has it just been blown up)? And has it been re-touched? i.e. her eye color or the cosmetics? could she be wearing color contact lenses?

Thank you for any answers.

I agree, pretty yes, but with a very sad expression on her face, only a slight smile, a denim shirt- not stylish, and overly lightened blonde hair that looks ratty in style. No professional model would have ratted it to look like that!

Beyond agreeing that the young adult in the picture is pretty (beautiful in fact) I respectfully disagree with the rest of the description of this 10 year old photo.

My opinion, with all this speculation of the pose of the picture, is that it looks like thousands of high school senior portraits across the country. I do not think it is provocative, it just appears to be a carefree young person posing.

I completely agree with Jules' opinion. If one attends a photo portrait session, one would observe the photographer getting smiles out of the subject, but the photographer also will suggest toning down the smiles, just like what you see in this picture. That's been my experience at about a dozen pro photo sessions with my daughter through the years. I wanted to step in and say "hey, she should be smiling in every picture" but I was wrong. Some of those "neutral" facial expressions are the most beautiful.

I think Jules, you're on to something here, that this represents a senior year portrait. Business associates have said it is from "around 10 years ago", or 1998/1999. Regardless of if this is Jaycee, when would Jaycee have graduated high school?

I think Jules, you're on to something here, that this represents a senior year portrait. Business associates have said it is from "around 10 years ago", or 1998/1999. Regardless of if this is Jaycee, when would Jaycee have graduated high school?

Jaycee is the same age as my daughter and she just had her 10 year school reunion.

Sadly, Jaycee was tending to a baby and a toddler as that time in her life.

My layman's take on the comparing the photos shows a difference in ear-lobs, Jaycee appeared to have attached lobs and the business card photo does not. Also, the difference in the distance at the base of the nose between the nostrils is not the same.

Of course if the business card photo had been touched up who's to know where they did the 'touch-up' to make it look more attractive.

I agree, and I think the jawline looks very different. I'm not convinced yet that this is Jaycee.

Jaycee was in the 5th grade when she was abducted on June 10, 1991. So she would have graduated in 1998.

She was born on May 3, 1980. So she had *just* turned 11 the month before she was taken.

What is the origin of this photo? i.e. How did someone obtain one this size (or has it just been blown up)? And has it been re-touched? i.e. her eye color or the cosmetics? could she be wearing color contact lenses?

I think this was scanned from a copy of the National Enquirer. It would have been scanned at a high resolution to get this size. It was posted by user one_truth (this thread, pg 5, post #114). The image is hosted at this site: http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2009/09/from-milk-carton-to-business-card.html#more

"I put my daughter's photo on it to show customers how I can display their photos on their business cards. I got Allissa all fixed up to look glamorous," Garrido is alleged to have explained.

I agree, and I think the jawline looks very different. I'm not convinced yet that this is Jaycee.

I disagree that the jawline looks very different. The photos are taken on different angles and just the slightest angle can make a face or jawline look different.

I can't help comparing these two photos to my nearly 28 year old niece, at 11 she had a chubby face and freckles and now at 27, she has a slim face and with makeup on you can't see any freckles at all.

The more I look at these photos, the more I believe that the b/card photo is Jaycee. If you look at the left nostral (or right looking at the photo) there is a slight hook at the bottom of that bit that seperates the nostrals (sorry, I don't know what that's called LOL) in both photos. And the ears look very similar to me too.

I really don't think the girl in the b/card photo looks sad at all and I don't know if other posters see that because they assume that if this is Jaycee, she should look sad. I'd love to know if this is the case

If this is Jaycee, she is stunningly beautiful.

I really don't think the girl in the b/card photo looks sad at all and I don't know if other posters see that because they assume that if this is Jaycee, she should look sad. I'd love to know if this is the case

If this is Jaycee, she is stunningly beautiful.

I agree with you. I think it is Jaycee, and I don't think she looks sad.

I honestly don't think she was that sad the whole time. I think at the beginning it must have been horrifying, and there were probably sad moments all along when she thought back to her family, but I suspect that she lived in the moment and made the best of her life as it was.

I'm glad that she apparently developed feelings for PG and that they lived as a sort of family unit (however far from normal) instead of having a captive/captor relationship the whole time.

I hope she didn't spend everyday for 18 years seething, wishing things were different, hating her situation, and thinking about what could have been. I think it would be harder to recover from a mindset like that. (From what I have heard, I don't think it was like that. Thank goodness for being brainwashed? I can see how it is a very protective mechanism.)

I honestly don't think she was that sad the whole time. I think at the beginning it must have been horrifying, and there were probably sad moments all along when she thought back to her family, but I suspect that she lived in the moment and made the best of her life as it was.

I'm glad that she apparently developed feelings for PG and that they lived as a sort of family unit (however far from normal) instead of having a captive/captor relationship the whole time.

I hope she didn't spend everyday for 18 years seething, wishing things were different, hating her situation, and thinking about what could have been. I think it would be harder to recover from a mindset like that. (From what I have heard, I don't think it was like that. Thank goodness for being brainwashed? I can see how it is a very protective mechanism.)

I think you will cop some flack over this post (maybe a wording thing) but I absolutely understand where you're coming from. I hope the posters on here understand what you are saying too.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what I believe you are saying is that as horrific as this was/is for Jaycee, she eventually became accustomed to/accepted the situation she was in and made the most of what she had.

The fact that she bonded with that creep was ONLY because of the situation she was in at the time and that would have helped her cope with her day to day life. I am sure she is starting to feel differently now.

I also hope she had some happy times during her 18 years of imprisonment.

It's from this week's National Enquirer (still on sale) - someone posted a scan from that magazine to this site. As to the origin, it is from a business card that Phillip Garrido handed out for his business, "Print for Less". This card would have been about 2 1/2 x 4 inches, and is certainly blown up for detail.
A different card - a Rolodex card, with a much smaller usable surface area, was featured in a KCBS news report.

It was suggested in the NE article that the card THIS picture was taken from was two-sided; one had the contact information, while the other had this picture with the caption "Print for Less" above. The photo itself appears to have been skewed horizontally to fit the dimensions of the card.

That there would be multiple versions of this card is consistent with statements made, that PG handed this out for years. As such, if this is indeed Jaycee, it is her from her late teens or early 20s.

It might also be a possibility that this image represents PG's fantasy girl - someone he wished to own, which he sought out when he kidnapped JC. Some have suggested that this has a very '80s look to it. If that's the case, then it was likely intentional that this picture resembles JC a great deal.

The fact that the picture had to be skewed to fit on the business card suggests there is only one version of this picture available to PG. This would be consistent with the 'fantasy girl' hypothesis, though it could also be the case that this became PG's trademark shot for his business.

I think you will cop some flack over this post (maybe a wording thing) but I absolutely understand where you're coming from. I hope the posters on here understand what you are saying too.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what I believe you are saying is that as horrific as this was/is for Jaycee, she eventually became accustomed to/accepted the situation she was in and made the most of what she had.

The fact that she bonded with that creep was ONLY because of the situation she was in at the time and that would have helped her cope with her day to day life. I am sure she is starting to feel differently now.

I also hope she had some happy times during her 18 years of imprisonment.

You got it exactly. Maybe I could have worded it better. I think PG is a disgusting, worthless, lousy excuse for a man. He's a monster and a coward and what he did was pure evil.. I'm a mom to two little girls... I'd love the opportunity to beat him to a bloody pulp. I absolutely do not think he was worthy of Jaycee's affections in any way, or that they had some kind of romantic little fairy tale life going on.

I was just thinking of Jaycee and her emotional well-being. I hope that in her mind, it was not 18 years - 6000+ days - of the hell and horror we might imagine it to be. It just seems like too much to bear. I hope that in her mind she was able to make it into something tolerable, purely as a defense.

As unfathomable as it might be, I hope that she was able to be happy.

The National Enquirer version of same photo is far more clear.... then the one we had..Somebody scanned it and put it here for us.

I agree. How much she thought about or how vividly she remembered her previous life was probably keep in the back of her mind by the busy life she was living. Normal is what you do each day even if it is very different from what other people are doing. For Jaycee, normal became living with Garrido in the housing he provided and raising her daughters. And all this came at a time in her life when she was naturally transitioning from childhood, to teenager, to adult, and each of those stages bring tremendous change in and of themself.

I feel I understand why Jaycee stayed and didn't seek out help. Why she accepted her life with Garrido and the girls, but when the chance to tell availed itself, she took it. It took tremendous courage to stay and make a life for herself and her daughters, and it took tremendous courage to speak up and be rescued.

Zippit:

I think PG is a disgusting, worthless, lousy excuse for a man. He's a monster and a coward and what he did was pure evil.. I'm a mom to two little girls... I'd love the opportunity to beat him to a bloody pulp. I absolutely do not think he was worthy of Jaycee's affections in any way, or that they had some kind of romantic little fairy tale life going on.

I agree with your assessment of Garrido. No matter how he saw his relationship with Jaycee, she did not have an opportunity or the emotional maturity at her young age to understand just how perverted his "affection" truly was. Acceptance is not reciprocal affection. She seems to have come to that understanding almost immediately after her rescue. It is still going to difficult to sort out the complications of their relationship since he is the father of her children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD
Back