the car break in

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When my car was broken into a few years ago i had "evidence" and LE wouldn't take it. There were fingerprints which i knew weren't mine, they were dirty on the door handle etc.

LE told me they come to take a report for the insurance co. but are way to busy to do any more with a simple car break in. Obviously if they catch someone with what was stolen then they come back but they dont do anything itself.

That is just wrong on so many levels. What if this guy was a stalker and you just didn't know it yet. What if he broke into your car to see if there was a spare house key hidden in it so he could then break into your house and do you harm. What if after your car was broken into someone did break into your house and harm you, or do something like kidnap your baby. If they had taken those prints it might lead to a possible suspect.

In this case I hope they did take prints or find out of there was a spare house key hidden in the car. Also, since the dad is an electrician there is always the possibility he had spools of romex in his vehicle and expensive tools of the trade. That alone would make his vehicle a target for a break in.

I am curious - what was in the car? Any keys? A garage door opener? What was taken could be clues in Lisa's disappearance.

If allot of butts, someone emptied the ashtray?

A car break-in and a car clean in one :)

If there were a lot of butts it would make sense that they came from an ashtray (except I'm not sure why they would empty it)

Otherwise you have a mighty cool customer if he hangs around for smokes in the car he broke in.

In the IDI theory it could be someone who was not there primarily to break in the car but to hang around the house and observe the routine of the family.

That is just wrong on so many levels. What if this guy was a stalker and you just didn't know it yet. What if he broke into your car to see if there was a spare house key hidden in it so he could then break into your house and do you harm. What if after your car was broken into someone did break into your house and harm you, or do something like kidnap your baby. If they had taken those prints it might lead to a possible suspect.

In this case I hope they did take prints or find out of there was a spare house key hidden in the car. Also, since the dad is an electrician there is always the possibility he had spools of romex in his vehicle and expensive tools of the trade. That alone would make his vehicle a target for a break in.

I was less than impressed especially when I thought of the what ifs. Perhaps why I never assume LE is doing what we think they would be as a matter of course.

:eek::eek: omg ... what next ?

I watched this video at : http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44872173#44872173

According to the reporter, the vehicle was broken into a MONTH AGO ...

You can bet when LE and CSI were at Baby Lisa's home, they would have picked up, and sent to the lab EVERY SINGLE cigarette butt they found -- on the ground, in the home, wherever -- they would NOT have missed cig butts !

So ... was a police report filed for this "break in" and / or ... was a claim filed with the vehicle's insurance company for this "break in" ?

IMO ... these "cigarette butts" on the ground is a CROCK -- especially claiming NOW that it was from the "vehicle break in" a MONTH AGO ...

I am wondering HOW MANY cig butts were on the ground ? If it was a pile of butts, why wouldn't someone "sweep" up the butts ? And if it was a few, it is possible the weather - like rain and WIND -- MIGHT blow these BUTTS around ?

Just talking out loud here ... IMO ... this sounds like STAGING !

MOO ...

Yep.

Staging,,,,,,and a big Set-up for the planned crime against Baby Lisa.

jmo

I don't think it weird if someone is preserving "evidence" . . . I found mysterious cig butts in my yard earlier this Summer, picked them up with a baggy & gave them to LE when they showed up 3 days after I reported it (StLPD). Apparently, my neighbor took it upon himself to be my "body guard" when my beau was not at my house, and LE told him to stay out of my yard (since it is fenced with a LOCKED 6' fence).

How did LE know it was your neighbor throwing the butts?

Seems like there is a market niche here for a private investigation company willing to come out to "small" crimes, take a preserve evidence (maybe being licensed by the state) at the homeowner's expense, and store it somewhere, should it become relevant.

This is surely not the only case where a prior crime that no one thought anything of later becomes a big one. Lots of killer trespass, stalk, etc. before they finally commit the act that gets the cops' time.

Am just putting this out there.. Not sure why but I just don't feel this is staged or set up by fam as some think(and Im usually way over cynical in these type situations).. Anyway wanted to bring up a case where a car break in way preceded an abduction murder involving a toddler little boy and mom.. I'll have to search to link to The case, but here's the basics(again just saying that it "could" be related.. It was in this case)..

Husband and wife's car was broken into.. They went thru the standard process of notifying LE and filing a report.. A period of time passes(to be exact a MONTH) and the mom and toddler son are home alone one night, dad was working three different jobs in order to allow mom to be SAHM... The perp who had broken into their car at some point prior has the mom's Id and I believe even a house key.. He up and decides he is going to go find the house of the peoples who car he'd broken into.. He finds the home and enters right in thru the front door. Moms in THe kitchen making snack, son in his bedroom playing.. Something draws her attn to his bedroom and she walks in while the monster is abusing her son.. I believe she had a knife from the kitchen, and the monster turns on her and kills her right in front of her little boy!!!

Not nightmare enough yet?? He flees with the small child, dad comes home and finds his wife dead and son abducted.. The monster brutally abused the little boy but for some reason felt strongly about letting him live.. So after abusing him, after 24 or so hours from when he'd abducted him he drops the little precious child off at a random highway rest stop couple hours from the Childs home.. The boy was recovered and the monster caught and jailed.. I remebmber that he had mental Issues, some severe mental issues and this was all used as defense.. But a pure monster to have killed this momma right in fron of her toddler son who she had walked in on the monster abusing him!! Monster!!!

And all stemming from a random car break in.. I realize the chances are great this car break in in Lisa's case is likely NOT related.. But the ^above^ nightmare shows me that it's not impossible that its related.. Both could have started off as random car break ins that later led to much more sinister intentions..

Here's a quote and link to WS archives about this horrible case..
A four year old boy was alone in a rest area lobby in Ohio east bound 70. He told people that his mother was murdered.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-77452.html

Yep.

Staging,,,,,,and a big Set-up for the planned crime against Baby Lisa.

jmo

Sounds like staging to me. Were the family cars examined by LE? (I read that somewhere but don't want to state it as fact if it didn't happen.)

The ciggy butt story is sounding too convenient imo.
Besides, the car break in imo doesn't have a thing to do with Lisa's disappearance.

imo

This kind of move by the parents serves a few obvoius purposes (and likely others less obvious):

* It allows their defense team to make the claim that the police failed to follow up other "viable" leads. The defense is always going to try and float this one when they can: "My innocent and virtuous clients not only cooperated with the police, they even offered a great lead! But the nasty police were more interested in getting a conviction than in solving the crime!"

* It offers an alternative theory in the court of public opinion.

* Since the cig butts are likely NOT from any criminal, but rather from someone who lives nearby, any lab testing might distract the investigation.

* It is also POSSIBLE (not suggesting that this occured here) that the cigarette butts belong to someone the family feels would make a good scapegoat, and were planted by the family to implicate this person. Again, this is not something I am saying occured here, only that an unscrupulous person COULD do just this.

I began finding cigarette butts around my windows and I had a peeper. Someone could have been outside watching.

I don't know the reputation of D and J's neighborhood, but in my neighborhood, a couple times a year we have unforced car breakins. IOW's we have teens who go into unlocked cars and steal change. They don't take CD's or other items, they take only money. Could J's car breakin be something like this?

LE has yet to catch them. lol

imo

I don't know the reputation of D and J's neighborhood, but in my neighborhood, a couple times a year we have unforced car breakins. IOW's we have teens who go into unlocked cars and steal change. They don't take CD's or other items, they take only money. Could J's car breakin be something like this?

imo

Yeah, in my area, every couple years I think there is a string of break-ins over a short period of time. The amount of damage varies from broken window to huge dents and lots of broken glass, and kids (teens-20ish) take whatever...cash, CDs, smokes...nothing that requires disassembly, like a stereo. The key I think is whether it was just JI's car, or if there was a rash of break-ins.

There again someone was bold to smoke and break into a car.
Familiar and not afraid of being caught, JMOO
What did someone want in the car? cell phones again?
No car alarm to go off?
Keys to house?
cigerette butts (like in many? many people? chainsmoker?)
If I were breaking into a car, I wouldn't light up a smoke, KWIM?
Is this staged also? before the real deal?
I once had my car unlocked and noticed someone had gone through it, messed it up.
Ended up being my X's lover (he had many) and phone hang ups etc.
Hind site is always 20/20 but not when it is happening.

Maybe, someone was indeed casing their house all this time? scary. Too bad they didn't take/test the butts.

imo
That is about the only crime here! Except they do also steal other things from the car, but usually it was left unlocked. I am under the impression from being asked about 'jersey' myself that this is what they are really suspecting him of.

does anyone know the exact date of the vehicle break in? TIA

I began finding cigarette butts around my windows and I had a peeper. Someone could have been outside watching.

yes, very creepy.
Had a similar situation happen. Follow your gut intuition.

I am not 100% sold that they the parents staged this. Maybe, they felt they were being targeted. Having your car broke into and house is very frightening experience. I am keeping my mind open on this case still.

does anyone know the exact date of the vehicle break in? TIA
I did because we had something minor (and broken anyway - good riddance) taken from our yard within a day or two of this. I'm thinking mid August sometime. Just cant remember exact date at this moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back