The case for murder

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Not sure why Jonah agreed to this type of arrangement with Dina instead of just giving her the money and letting her have total control over her own home, and giving the stipulation that she purchase a home far away from his.

If it were me, and my hubby/I wanted a divorce and we shared a child together, I'd want my own life and a home independent of his, and I'd want to reside as far away as possible so that we don't frequently cross paths and create uncomfortable, awkward situations for our shared child when my ex-hubby and I decide to date other people. My utmost concern would be the comfort and well-being of my child. I would not be holding on to my hubby, living in a home close to his, and getting him to set me up in a vacation home in the same neighborhood as his vacation home. That's too much psychological enmeshment and has the potential to cause all kinds of conflicts and misunderstandings and ill-will. But hey, I'm glad I'm not Dina or Jonah.

Perhaps Jonah was aware that Dina was unstable, and he wanted to make sure that Max had a roof over his head.......maybe he thought that if he gave Dina money instead of providing a home for she and Max to live in, that some of her relatives might "bankrupt" her or she might spend it all.....and leave her homeless?

Yeah, I don't think entry to the house was a problem or knowing the layout. I think Dina would have probably known the layout much better than Adam.

Does this mean you're leaning towards either Dina or Adam separately or together having been involved in Becky's murder? Or are you still on the fence about whether Becky's death was murder or suicide?

I am only slightly on the fence, leaning toward suicide only because what this looks like to me is even more outrageous than the idea that she ran around in the mud, stripped naked and rather than just hanging herself in the shower or taking some downers and booze, she watched some *advertiser censored* and tied herself up like a Christmas pig and threw herself off the balcony.

Did Adam think he would do his brother a favor? does he have a record? he's a tugboat Captain??? really? a Tug boat Captain?

Sounds to me like someone was running around the yard naked trying to get away from someone .

where the hell did the perfect Rebecca who would never watch *advertiser censored*, a well adjusted wonderful girl with a great pedigree learn to tie herself up like this?

presence of mind, that's what I go back to, that's what haunts me.

I think it unusual that she could just be this well adjusted perfect person, who when the time comes, has the werewithall to kill herself with no mistakes...with perfect knots, screamless, kickless, spotless, except for the paint...and even with the paint, how unlike her to defile the walls and make a mess there.

presence of mind.....:snooty:

I am only slightly on the fence, leaning toward suicide only because what this looks like to me is even more outrageous than the idea that she ran around in the mud, stripped naked and rather than just hanging herself in the shower or taking some downers and booze, she watched some *advertiser censored* and tied herself up like a Christmas pig and threw herself off the balcony.

Did Adam think he would do his brother a favor? does he have a record? he's a tugboat Captain??? really? a Tug boat Captain?

Sounds to me like someone was running around the yard naked trying to get away from someone .

where the hell did the perfect Rebecca who would never watch *advertiser censored*, a well adjusted wonderful girl with a great pedigree learn to tie herself up like this?

presence of mind, that's what I go back to, that's what haunts me.

I think it unusual that she could just be this well adjusted perfect person, who when the time comes, has the werewithall to kill herself with no mistakes...with perfect knots, screamless, kickless, spotless, except for the paint...and even with the paint, how unlike her to defile the walls and make a mess there.

presence of mind.....:snooty:

To be honest, I see you purposefully insulting Becky while seemingly asking naive questions. I believe you already know you are making a lot of false assumptions about Becky, and contradicting yourself all over the place.

E.g., where did you get that Becky is "perfect"? Provide links please.

Saying that Becky tied herself up like a "Christmas pig"??? Why the need to be so vulgar? In another post you wrote that she went from "hero to zero". Do you think you may be projecting your own false beliefs, motivations and vices onto Becky? Have you been reading too many LHK garbage?

Then you ask whether she may be running away from Adam? Are you suggesting that she was fleeing from Adam and then out of the blue she decided to off herself in an elaborate, bizarre manner because you think she's not the perfect person you assume she is? I don't understand any of your reasoning.

Perhaps Jonah was aware that Dina was unstable, and he wanted to make sure that Max had a roof over his head.......maybe he thought that if he gave Dina money instead of providing a home for she and Max to live in, that some of her relatives might "bankrupt" her or she might spend it all.....and leave her homeless?

Maybe. IDK. I think Jonah could have gotten rid of Dina for good if he just gave her the funds for her own home rather than being the legal homeowner overseeing the mortgage, etc.

If she bankrupt herself, that'd be on her. He could then have sued for full custody of Max by claiming she was mentally incompetent.

Anyway, Jonah should have acquired better legal help for his divorce. He got the short shrift from his divorce lawyer.

To be honest, I see you purposefully insulting Becky while seemingly asking naive questions. I believe you already know you are making a lot of false assumptions about Becky, and contradicting yourself all over the place.

E.g., where did you get that Becky is "perfect"? Provide links please.

Saying that Becky tied herself up like a "Christmas pig"??? Why the need to be so vulgar? In another post you wrote that she went from "hero to zero". Do you think you may be projecting your own false beliefs, motivations and vices onto Becky? Have you been reading too many LHK garbage?

Then you ask whether she may be running away from Adam? Are you suggesting that she was fleeing from Adam and then out of the blue she decided to off herself in an elaborate, bizarre manner because you think she's not the perfect person you assume she is? I don't understand any of your reasoning.

Bourne, I was only being facetious. I am saying that both scenarios play out in such a bizarre way, that somehow both scenarios are equal in their unbelievability...so I can only say the cases should be completely re-investigated, with persons of interest, suspects, etc...a full recommitment to the death of Rebecca.

all this case needs is a bloody glove and footsteps on a guesthouse roof.

I am a writer and have been posting here a long time, please don't attack my posts.

when I said Becky went from Hero to Zero,

well, you can interpret that a lot of ways, from her resuscitating Max and being the hero who kept him alive before help came, only to see him mortally wounded in the end... to her being a family hero and powerhouse with a billionaire possible husband and so many incredible resources, to being tossed out,

for being a hero to Max in his own life and sadly losing that role.

usually in a suicide the victim feels they are down to zero.

Bourne, I was only being facetious. I am saying that both scenarios play out in such a bizarre way, that somehow both scenarios are equal in their unbelievability...so I can only say the cases should be completely re-investigated, with persons of interest, suspects, etc...a full recommitment to the death of Rebecca.

I am a writer and have been posting here a long time, please don't attack my posts.
minazoe - I don't think bourne meant to criticize or attack. This is a forum. All opinions and viewpoints are welcome. I think perhaps it was the ambiguity in your comment that may have left readers puzzled, myself included.

For most of us, it is difficult to believe anyone could purposely take another person's life. We are so painfully reminded of this in the wake of Friday's horrific tragedy. But people do kill other people, often in the most bizarre manner. And people do kill themselves in equally bizarre manners. In this case, IMO Rebecca did NOT kill herself. There is enough evidence — analyzed, not analyzed, and ignored — that proves murder. Plus victimology that rejects Rebecca was suicidal.

Putting aside both the evidence and the victimology, what sealed it for me was the immediate and continuous mean-spirited character assassination of a dead woman and an arrogant, self-serving sheriff who threatened the victim's family if they did not back down in their quest for the truth.

minazoe - I don't think bourne meant to criticize or attack. This is a forum. All opinions and viewpoints are welcome. I think perhaps it was the ambiguity in your comment that may have left readers puzzled, myself included.

For most of us, it is difficult to believe anyone could purposely take another person's life. We are so painfully reminded of this in the wake of Friday's horrific tragedy. But people do kill other people, often in the most bizarre manner. And people do kill themselves in equally bizarre manners. In this case, IMO Rebecca did NOT kill herself. There is enough evidence — analyzed, not analyzed, and ignored — that proves murder. Plus victimology that rejects Rebecca was suicidal.

Putting aside both the evidence and the victimology, what sealed it for me was the immediate and continuous mean-spirited character assassination of a dead woman and an arrogant, self-serving sheriff who threatened the victim's family if they did not back down in their quest for the truth.

I agree, and there is a good chance this is a murder, and the only reason we can also imagine it being a suicide is that is was made to look that way, right?

someone in that house got real creative with the paint...

I would like to see some fingerprint evidence that shows Becky's immediate contact with key items...and now I was just looking at a Dr Phil thing and there are

MUDDY FOOTPRINTS in the kitchen and thru the house that were not even looked at.

I didn't know that...

That last paragraph was so well put. This situation is so unjust. It is so unfair to Rebecca's family. It is just so WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

I agree, and there is a good chance this is a murder, and the only reason we can also imagine it being a suicide is that is was made to look that way, right?

someone in that house got real creative with the paint...

I would like to see some fingerprint evidence that shows Becky's immediate contact with key items...and now I was just looking at a Dr Phil thing and there are

MUDDY FOOTPRINTS in the kitchen and thru the house that were not even looked at.

I didn't know that...

I cannot name one thing that makes this look like suicide. Never could. This was NOT a suicide. This is not an attack on you, but I feel that people have been like lemmings in this case. One person states it's a suicide. Law enforcement echoes it to run their agenda. People who are associated with the murderers keep saying it online to run their agenda ( self preservation ).
Don't people think for themselves? Do people just blindly believe authority? If it is said enough times does that just make people glaze over and stop thinking?
There is nothing here that says that this was a suicide. I find it I believable that anyone could consider it as a possibility after looking at the evidence JMO

Gilgamesh, I agree, I have never thought this looked like a suicide. I wonder if that is why some people have to say it's a suicide made to look like a murder?

well, no actually...

the knots look like breath play
there is what could be construed as a note
there are no fingerprints (revealed or investigated)
there is a traumatic situation

so, some kind of staging occured, or no staging occured...or staging occured but the intention was to send a message to???????????????

Jonah?

the note is staging....or it's a suicide note. period. so staging happened if it was a homicide...

well, no actually...

the knots look like breath play
there is what could be construed as a note
there are no fingerprints (revealed or investigated)
there is a traumatic situation

so, some kind of staging occured, or no staging occured...or staging occured but the intention was to send a message to???????????????

Jonah?

In the spirit of discussion, I disagree with most of what you've said...

@ the knots look like breath play (They may look like a part of that, but doubtful in this case they would be done by the person tied up. And, she died from a long drop hanging, that is not a part of breath play)

@ there is what could be construed as a note (the note cannot be construed as a 'suicide' note - it is written in the third person and there doesn't seem to be any sense to be made of it if it were written by Rebecca)

@ there are no fingerprints (revealed or investigated) (absense of evidence is just a wash, not evidence someone didn't kill her especially given they went to the extent they did. One black latex glove? I am not convinced there wasn't any DNA evidence. Am do think it's very possible that Rebecca was forced to write that message and handle the rope, etc.))

@ there is a traumatic situation (this also goes to a motive for murder and we have other parties prone to violence and control)

In the spirit of discussion, I disagree with most of what you've said...

@ the knots look like breath play (They may look like a part of that, but doubtful in this case they would be done by the person tied up. )

@ there is what could be construed as a note (the note cannot be construed as a 'suicide' note - it is written in the third person and there doesn't seem to be any sense to be made of it if it were written by Rebecca)

@ there are no fingerprints (revealed or investigated) (absense of evidence is just a wash, not evidence someone didn't kill her especially given they went to the extent they did. One black latex glove? I am not convinced there wasn't any DNA evidence. Am do think it's very possible that Rebecca was forced to write that message and handle the rope, etc.))

@ there is a traumatic situation (this also goes to a motive for murder and we have other parties prone to violence and control)

I agree, except no one really knows about another person's sexual predillictions, (sic)...

No, no, no, no, no!!!! I was not attacking your posts. :waitasec: I genuinely wanted to understand your POV. So I asked you questions. I also did not understand your logic. Now you're saying you were being facetious. That changes everything you've said...

I'm a straightforward, no-nonsense kind of gal. I say things in an open direct manner. And I'm also a writer -- although IDK what that has to do with anything.

I think as we get to know you more, it'll become more clear about what exactly you're saying and where you're coming from. Honestly though, your being facetious makes it hard to tell which statements you're serious about, and when.

I agree, except no one really knows about another person's sexual predillictions, (sic)...

But, reason through it. How does it actually relate to her dying by hanging?

I revised my answer above to:

@ the knots look like breath play (They may look like a part of that, but doubtful in this case they would be done by the person tied up. And, she died from a long drop hanging, that is not a part of breath play)

when I said Becky went from Hero to Zero,

well, you can interpret that a lot of ways, from her resuscitating Max and being the hero who kept him alive before help came, only to see him mortally wounded in the end... to her being a family hero and powerhouse with a billionaire possible husband and so many incredible resources, to being tossed out,

for being a hero to Max in his own life and sadly losing that role.

usually in a suicide the victim feels they are down to zero.

My point was that Becky never said or did anything that would make a neutral outsider -- which most of us posters are, and I'd assume you too -- to believe she thought she was a "hero" to begin with. Not being argumentative. Just stating a fact. Unless you can provide a link that contradicts that, then we should give Becky -- and whoever the victim is -- the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck