The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this one I beg to differ, Detective. The subtitled version of the movie was released in the US in early 2011. IMO, it was purchased in San Diego that summer. But thank you for reminding me that I have yet to watch it in English (subtitled). BTW, watching it in Korean gave me the chills. Not sure why yet. But it was the only version I could hastily find that night.

The movie has never been available for purchase/rental in the San Diego area. I checked everywhere that sells/rents foreign films, and no one carried it. Most likely it was purchased from amazon.

I still think its a red herring, completely irrelevant to the case.

The movie has never been available for purchase/rental in the San Diego area. I checked everywhere that sells/rents foreign films, and no one carried it. Most likely it was purchased from amazon.

Nice footwork! Thank you. Did you really mean "everywhere"? San Diego is pretty large. Or were you only referring to the Coronado area where you apparently live? Not trying to antagonize you, only pointing out that one way we can really all help each other, is to keep each other honest - so to speak, not implying that you were not being honest or anything close to it.

If purchased from Amazon, would the sticker on the jewel case indicate accordingly? Dang, how I wish I didn't just throw away my jewel cases after I rip my CDs. Can someone wiser please find out and let us know?

On the other hand, how would it help us to know where it was purchased? Does anyone have reason to believe that it was brought into the house by the attacker(s)?

Thanks again!

I can't get over some gut feeling that Rebecca was hung from below. As others have said, the whole long rope attached to the bed doesn't really make sense... and, that would be much more difficult to just work out per length and all. The lack of footprints on the balcony also seems odd to me as well as only 9" of dust disturbed. I know other have said, spinal cord injuries/broken neck would not necessarily occur, still, it's one more thing. Then there is the odd factoid LE presented of Adam breaking the table leg while moving the table over to cut her down. That table looks about the right height to me for her to have been perched on, perhaps still alive and bound with the shirt gag in her mouth, then a leg kicked out (or the leg was already damaged on purpose and was bound to give out). The only thing I can't explain (so far) is the prints near the railing.

It is definitely possible but not likely IMHO. If she was hung from below, how would you tie the rope to the bed post? It's clear from the photo, at least to me, that one end of the rope had to be passed through the loop?

I can see why you might think that, especially given the lividity on her back, the abrasions on her back but not her forearms, and possibly even the dry mud on her feet - but it just doesn't seem to be possible, unless she was never hung at all and the perp merely threw one end of the rope over the rail - but then how did the dust from the railing get on her hip?

It is definitely possible but not likely IMHO. If she was hung from below, how would you tie the rope to the bed post? It's clear from the photo, at least to me, that one end of the rope had to be passed through the loop?

I can see why you might think that, especially given the lividity on her back, the abrasions on her back but not her forearms, and possibly even the dry mud on her feet - but it just doesn't seem to be possible, unless she was never hung at all and the perp merely threw one end of the rope over the rail - but then how did the dust from the railing get on her hip?

Speaking of LE's reporting of the dust on Rebecca's hip, by the looks of the minimal displacement of dust on the rail, I can't imagine the dust on her hip to be anything much. Contrast that with the reporting of dust on her feet from the balcony, which in reality from the late photos was way more than dust and more like grimey imbedded mud. SDSO's exaggerations don't give me any confidence in their account of things. In fact, it's pretty ridiculous and far fetched to believe in their theories. I have always believed they insulted any thinking person.

Nice footwork! Thank you. Did you really mean "everywhere"? San Diego is pretty large. Or were you only referring to the Coronado area where you apparently live? Not trying to antagonize you, only pointing out that one way we can really all help each other, is to keep each other honest - so to speak, not implying that you were not being honest or anything close to it.

If purchased from Amazon, would the sticker on the jewel case indicate accordingly? Dang, how I wish I didn't just throw away my jewel cases after I rip my CDs. Can someone wiser please find out and let us know?

On the other hand, how would it help us to know where it was purchased? Does anyone have reason to believe that it was brought into the house by the attacker(s)?

Thanks again!
I mean every where in San Diego. There are only 2 places in Coronado to rent movies: the public library and Red Box at albertson's, which also has limited DVDs for sale (but no foreign films). There are several places around the county that specialize in foreign films, and none of them carried it for sale or rental.

Also, Jonah did own a boat when Rebecca died. FWIW.[/QUOTE:floorlaugh:]

You know, I've wondered about that. If the tow rope was for useon JS's boat, why would it be stored in the garage? Wouldn't it be stored on the boat? Is this another bit of info shared by JS that LE never bothered to question? How soon after RZ 's death did JS begin promoting the theory that she committed suicide?

You know, I've wondered about that. If the tow rope was for useon JS's boat, why would it be stored in the garage? Wouldn't it be stored on the boat? Is this another bit of info shared by JS that LE never bothered to question? How soon after RZ 's death did JS begin promoting the theory that she committed suicide?

IIRC, according to Rebecca's sister, Mary, he talked to her (Mary) the day of Rebecca's death, or perhaps the next day, and told her Rebecca committed suicide.

IIRC, according to Rebecca's sister, Mary, he talked to her (Mary) the day of Rebecca's death, or perhaps the next day, and told her Rebecca committed suicide.

Jonah first contacted Mary's husband Doug. IIRC, I don't believe anyone from SDSO, Coronado, ME, etc...contacted the Zahau family at least regarding a death notification. Jonah did tell Doug it was a suicide because suicide by hanging is how Doug relayed it to Mary. It appears Mary later called Jonah.

"I found out from my husband Doug that my sister had died,” Mary says. “Jonah had called him. He came to my work, and he told me that we need to go to my office to talk. And that’s when he told me.

“I felt desperation, wanting to believe it’s not true. Maybe some prank. He said he was told that it was suicide by hanging. I said ‘No!’ I remember saying, ‘No. Where is she? I need to talk to her.’

“We didn’t know Jonah well. I called him the day of [Rebecca’s death], and he said he didn’t know, he didn’t know [what happened]. That’s all he answered me.”

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/

PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS ANY LINKS THAT ARE PROVIDED IN CASES WHERE YOU MAY MISTRUST EITHER THE POSTER OR THEIR MOTIVES. There are so many Hinky things involved in this case including stalking and intimidation. Please keep yourself safe from malware. I personally choose not to access any links in cases where I am suspicious.
I certainly don't like being a fear mongerer, but do feel the need to warn people. Malware does exist.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS ANY LINKS THAT ARE PROVIDED IN CASES WHERE YOU MAY MISTRUST EITHER THE POSTER OR THEIR MOTIVES. There are so many Hinky things involved in this case including stalking and intimidation. Please keep yourself safe from malware. I personally choose not to access any links in cases where I am suspicious.
I certainly don't like being a fear mongerer, but do feel the need to warn people. Malware does exist.

Gilgamesh, you're not a fear monger. You speak the truth, respectfully.

Very, good advice. Most of us that have been around for two years are cautious because of the stalking and intimidation you described. It is also a known tactic by PR firms and defense attorneys to become members of forums such as this to use in their clients case. Such as throwing out ideas to see what works and what doesn't fly. This post is not directed towards ANY one in particular, please do not take offense. This is learned advice from many of us that have followed this case from the beginning. Maybe this post will help new posters understand why it may appear some of us are cautious and/or skeptical.

ETA - It will not keep me from fighting for Rebecca. Justice for REBECCA!

Gilgamesh, you're not a fear monger. You speak the truth, respectfully.

Very, good advice. Most of us that have been around for two years are cautious because of the stalking and intimidation you described. It is also a known tactic by PR firms and defense attorneys to become members of forums such as this to use in their clients case. Such as throwing out ideas to see what works and what doesn't fly. This post is not directed towards ANY one in particular, please do not take offense. This is learned advice from many of us that have followed this case from the beginning. Maybe this post will help new posters understand why it may appear some of us are cautious and/or skeptical.

ETA - It will not keep me from fighting for Rebecca. Justice for REBECCA!

Thank you for your kind words.
I have often mused that defense attorneys were very likely using information here to help themselves better their defense.

I would also like to mention something else. I remember a case where a woman accidentally dropped cans of cat food from her grocery bag while walking upstairs to her apartment. The man who was on her staircase earned her trust by offering to help her by saying, "WE have a hungry cat upstairs. Let me help you with your groceries". By using the inclusive 'we', he was over riding her intuitive suspicions. He helped her carry her groceries and proceeded to rape her as soon as he gained entry. He used friendliness and the inclusive 'we' to earn her trust. I have never forgotten about that tactic.

That's very good advice. I agree, following this particular case is somewhat risky, given the wealth and power of those involved.

Speaking of LE's reporting of the dust on Rebecca's hip, by the looks of the minimal displacement of dust on the rail, I can't imagine the dust on her hip to be anything much. Contrast that with the reporting of dust on her feet from the balcony, which in reality from the late photos was way more than dust and more like grimey imbedded mud. SDSO's exaggerations don't give me any confidence in their account of things. In fact, it's pretty ridiculous and far fetched to believe in their theories. I have always believed they insulted any thinking person.

Yep, I still believe in my primary theory which is that some psycho ex-wife and her accomplice took hold of Rebecca's body by the hogtied ropes and threw her over from the balcony doorway. They didn't toss her high enough and Rebecca's hip minimally scraped against the dusty balcony railing.

As to the single toeprint at the balcony railing, excited youngsters who've never been to the Spreckels mansion balcony like XZ or one of Shacknai teens' friends may have stepped barefooted onto the dusty balcony. Reasonable adults such as Rebecca would have only stepped on dusty floors/balconies if they were wearing footwear -- UNLESS her murderer(s) had tied her up and forcibly coerced her to walk barefooted onto the balcony. I believe the v-shaped footprint at the entrance of the balcony doors was Rebecca's and she was forced to stand there to make that footprint by her sadistic murderer(s) in order to incriminate Rebecca in the false "suicide" narrative before they hogtied her and threw her off the courtyard balcony.

Thank you for your kind words.
I have often mused that defense attorneys were very likely using information here to help themselves better their defense.

I would also like to mention something else. I remember a case where a woman accidentally dropped cans of cat food from her grocery bag while walking upstairs to her apartment. The man who was on her staircase earned her trust by offering to help her by saying, "WE have a hungry cat upstairs. Let me help you with your groceries". By using the inclusive 'we', he was over riding her intuitive suspicions. He helped her carry her groceries and proceeded to rape her as soon as he gained entry. He used friendliness and the inclusive 'we' to earn her trust. I have never forgotten about that tactic.

I wholeheartedly agree that it's a manipulative ploy. In psychology it's called "Foot in the door". Once the culprit has gotten your initial trust by using the inclusive "we" and feigning that they are, like you, similar in beliefs/values and that they support your cause, they then can easily get you to fall prey to their cons.

It's easy to for that predator to take advantage of you (and undermine your thoughts and belief systems) once you've already allowed them "a foot in your door".

Yep, I still believe in my primary theory which is that some psycho ex-wife and her accomplice took hold of Rebecca's body by the hogtied ropes and threw her over from the balcony doorway. They didn't toss her high enough and Rebecca's hip minimally scraped against the dusty balcony railing.

As to the single toeprint at the balcony railing, excited youngsters who've never been to the Spreckels mansion balcony like XZ or one of Shacknai teens' friends may have stepped barefooted onto the dusty balcony. Reasonable adults such as Rebecca would have only stepped on dusty floors/balconies if they were wearing footwear -- UNLESS her murderer(s) had tied her up and forcibly coerced her to walk barefooted onto the balcony. I believe the v-shaped footprint at the entrance of the balcony doors was Rebecca's and she was forced to stand there to make that footprint by her sadistic murderer(s) in order to incriminate Rebecca in the false "suicide" narrative before they hogtied her and threw her off the courtyard balcony.

After just having taken a shower, the only dust on Rebecca's feet should be on one heal and the right big toe if LE's supposition is valid, and yet her feet are caked in dirt.

I completely agree with you, Bourne. The disturbances in the dust on the railing were the result of minimal contact as she was hoisted over.

I still think that (as I stated so many months ago) that a reenactment of going over the railing with someone of similar build and height, tied similarly (minus the noose and gag) and with spotters (just at floor level with a mat on the other side) should be undertaken to determine if it is at all possible to go over and leave just a 3" smudge in baby powder used to simulate the dust.

I wholeheartedly agree that it's a manipulative ploy. In psychology it's called "Foot in the door". Once the culprit has gotten your initial trust by using the inclusive "we" and feigning that they are, like you, similar in beliefs/values and that they support your cause, they then can easily get you to fall prey to their cons.

It's easy to for that predator to take advantage of you (and undermine your thoughts and belief systems) once you've already allowed them "a foot in your door".

"Foot in the door" can almost be used literally here, too. Except, I would change it to "foot in their door". Kind of like when you enter their turf, like a website...

"Foot in the door" can almost be used literally here, too. Except, I would change it to "foot in their door". Kind of like when you enter their turf, like a website...

You don't think a reenactment of the balcony railing smudge test would be valuable to the Zahaus?

If it was a second piece of boating gear, maybe too long or for some reason not a favorite it could be stored in the garage. The most important thing is LE should have investigated EXACTLY where that rope came from.

If it was a second piece of boating gear, maybe too long or for some reason not a favorite it could be stored in the garage. The most important thing is LE should have investigated EXACTLY where that rope came from.
As far as I recall, there was never any mention by LE or the media that JS even owned boats, and that they were docked a 10 minute walk from Spreckels at the Glorietta Bay Marina. I happened to stumble upon that information myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee