The Case, so far...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His name is Gorrod, not Garrod. I don't think the dogs were ever exposed to his car but it was investigated and cleared. The police particularly wanted to know if it matched the description of a car in the car park adjoining the children's window at 5A. Gorrod's is an Opel Corsa and had not been seen in the park. But he is one more person tying Murat to O'Brien and various Exeter figures with interests in PDL. More than the interest of this network of people is the motive to deny the associations.

Tuba - incredible! Where did you find all this information? I am very impressed!:clap: :clap:

Salem

His name is Gorrod, not Garrod. I don't think the dogs were ever exposed to his car but it was investigated and cleared. The police particularly wanted to know if it matched the description of a car in the car park adjoining the children's window at 5A. Gorrod's is an Opel Corsa and had not been seen in the park. But he is one more person tying Murat to O'Brien and various Exeter figures with interests in PDL. More than the interest of this network of people is the motive to deny the associations.
I agree Tuba, these denials have to mean that something is being covered up. Truly there are just to many coincidences & associations in this case! Whatever went down, it is bigger than we all can imagine, I reckon!

Tuba - incredible! Where did you find all this information? I am very impressed!:clap: :clap:

Salem

I was researching via EEM News Explorer and also submitting the names of the Exeter residents to Google. :rolleyes:

Madeleine is rumoured to have a sleepwalking habit that the parents would medicate, at least at times. I can't seem to run this story down, although here & there are posts about it on the web. Did it ever make the newspapers?

Madeleine is rumoured to have a sleepwalking habit that the parents would medicate, at least at times. I can't seem to run this story down, although here & there are posts about it on the web. Did it ever make the newspapers?

I remember seeing something in the papers way back in May but can't find it now. There was a quote from a family member saying the parents sometimes sedated Madeleine to keep her from sleepwalking. But it disappeared very early on and the link is no longer available.

Thank you. The relative was probably thought to have made a dangerous admission. In a blog I saw a claim that Madeleine was given a medication that counter-acted sleepwalk tendencies. There may be a specific drug for that and I could research that apart from the case. I'll look.

Thank you. The relative was probably thought to have made a dangerous admission. In a blog I saw a claim that Madeleine was given a medication that counter-acted sleepwalk tendencies. There may be a specific drug for that and I could research that apart from the case. I'll look.

That certainly would be interesting to find out, thanks Tuba.

Hypnosis is the safest treatment but otherwise, tranquilizers and anti-depressants are recommended. In one news report a few weeks ago, the PJ said a tranquilizer kit had been found in the cupboard in one of their places. I believe it was 5A.

Okay, so lets assume that Madeleine has sleepwalking tendencies. And maybe while they were on vacation she had an episode. It could easily account for May 1 when Mrs. Fenn overheard her crying for her father- children who wake up during sleepwalking are very often confused and frightened by the experience.

What I don't understand is why it's such a big deal. So what if her parents tranquilized her at night to keep her in bed! Even if they were the ones who treated Madeleine on their own instead of taking her to another doctor, it's not like they purposely set out to harm her, even if she overdosed. I think the majority of the world would've looked at it as a very sad, unfortunate accident, not a crime.

Way back in Thread 17, at post #172, I suggested that the evasive ticky answers to the q. of sedation was maybe parsing and that there were two other possibilities, analgesics and tranquilizers. I'm getting v. serious about the idea that Madeleine was tranquilized for her sleepwalking on 3 May. The sleepwalking would not be dangerous if the parents were home but if she is unsupervised, wow! So the choice was to either supply monitoring by a sitter if you cannot face staying home or to insure she didn't sleepwalk. This explains the quibbling answers to whether the children were sedated.

Way back in Thread 17, at post #172, I suggested that the evasive ticky answers to the q. of sedation was maybe parsing and that there were two other possibilities, analgesics and tranquilizers. I'm getting v. serious about the idea that Madeleine was tranquilized for her sleepwalking on 3 May. The sleepwalking would not be dangerous if the parents were home but if she is unsupervised, wow! So the choice was to either supply monitoring by a sitter if you cannot face staying home or to insure she didn't sleepwalk. This explains the quibbling answers to whether the children were sedated.

Which would mean they either gave her too much (overdose or vomiting + aspiration) or not enough (fell and mortally injured herself).

Which would mean they either gave her too much (overdose or vomiting + aspiration) or not enough (fell and mortally injured herself).

Exactly what I think happened, one of those two events.

It explains why they were confident about leaving the children alone. It explains why Kate repeatedly says it felt safe, because it did feel safe to her knowing that the children would sleep soundly. It explains why the McCanns seem to be grieving rather than agonizing over a missing child. Iti explains their devotion to bettering the world for other children (when supposedly their own child is still missing.) And it explains why Kate said she could sleep after only five days of her child being missing.

Kate McCann said the only medication ever given the children was Calpol when they were ill. If they tranquilized Madeleine, that is an untruth. It may be that these doctor parents don't want to admit giving tranquilizer to Madeleine and then leaving her in a condition where she is less able to respond to environmental cues like smoke or predators or her own struggle to survive if she choked. Even less do they want to admit a problem with the dosage which would aggravate the dead responses to cues. Rachel Oldfield would know the danger of such an admission but they would be aware of it too. Maybe when this defenseless condition is put together with the lack of supervision, even to the McCanns, Home Alone doesn't feel so safe.

Tardy, like everything else in the search for Madeleine but the Sunday night reconstruction of the crime scene may trigger some new ideas or lines to pursue. Paulo Rebelo and his team spent three hours in 5A & surround. He is finally computerising the information he found here, there and everywhere on scraps of paper at HQ, as well. And then there are all of the witness interviews, none recorded. Maybe he can locate some notes from those sessions. It is all so harem-scarem disorganised. He is said to have been furious when he confronted the mess.

That is also what I think could have happened to Madelaine.

But if she fell and was fatally wounded, wouldn't there have been blood evidence? Unless she had a fractured skull like JBR.

But if she fell and was fatally wounded, wouldn't there have been blood evidence?

Well, maybe there was. We just don't know but the dogs reacted to blood in the apartment. IIRC, it was blood that had been washed up with bleach.

Ahhh, then I was mistaken about reading that small amounts of blood splatter was found on the walls.

Okay, so lets assume that Madeleine has sleepwalking tendencies. And maybe while they were on vacation she had an episode. It could easily account for May 1 when Mrs. Fenn overheard her crying for her father- children who wake up during sleepwalking are very often confused and frightened by the experience.

What I don't understand is why it's such a big deal. So what if her parents tranquilized her at night to keep her in bed! Even if they were the ones who treated Madeleine on their own instead of taking her to another doctor, it's not like they purposely set out to harm her, even if she overdosed. I think the majority of the world would've looked at it as a very sad, unfortunate accident, not a crime.
If they didn't harm her then there is still a crime & that is that they left her alone to her fate!

Depends on what she bled on--if she did--could have been a sheet or blanket.

And not all head wounds bleed.

When my youngest was about the same age as Madeleine, she fell from one floor of a treehouse/play fort to the next level, and had to have x-rays. She had no bleeding whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pecosita13