The cost of searching for Kyron

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Staton: want to assure everybody in audience. don't think there's any question about where we're at. not wasting time or throwing money away. MCSO is taking appropriate steps.

Voting. all in favorite. Aye. Approved.

From his lips to their ears.

9 total?

3 investigators from MCSO and 1 sergeant

FBI 1

PPB 1 detective

Wash county 1 individual

Clackamas county 1 individual

OSP 1 individual

Is OSP = Oregon State Police?

And did I spell Clackamas right? :)

Yes and yes. :)

FINALLY...a news organization is talking about the GJ again. Geez, it only took 3 weeks to get it out there.

"A Multnomah County grand jury has been convened on and off to hear evidence obtained, and testimony from witnesses. No arrest or indictments have been issued."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/multnomah_county_approves_2090.html

If no indictments have been issued, then I guess the people on other websites who claimed they have benn issued are mistaken. I have read things about sealed indictments (or something like that). I guess that was just another rumor.

If no indictments have been issued, then I guess the people on other websites who claimed they have benn issued are mistaken. I have read things about sealed indictments (or something like that). I guess that was just another rumor.

I'm not in any way suggesting that there is a sealed indictment. Just wanted to point out that if there was one, the msm shouldn't know about it. jmoo

Multnomah County approves $209,000 for Kyron Horman investigation; Sheriff Staton describes task force
Published: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 10:41 AM

Staton also told the board a task force consisting of eight investigators and one sergeant, drawing from five agencies, will continue to focus on the case. He presented a 120-day business plan for the task force, which continues to conduct interviews, follow leads in the case and work closely with prosecutors.

The 9-member task force consists of one sergeant and three investigators from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, one FBI agent, and one investigator from Portland Police Bureau, the Washington County Sheriff's Office, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, and Oregon State Police. Each of the agencies will pay for their own personnel.

Most of its members have been involved in the case from its inception, except for maybe one or two investigators, Staton said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/multnomah_county_approves_2090.html

From same article:

"Staton said he's shared the details of the investigation – "nearly full disclosure" – with county commissioners before seeking the extra funds."

News reports today, sure makes me feel like a lot has been going on that we haven't heard about. Make's me think about Kaine's statement, "be patient." Things are going to happen, IMO sooner than later, hopefully before the 90 days are up.

Sheriff gets $209,656 for Kyron Horman investigation

Last July, Staton had requested a larger sum of money – around $242,000 -- but then suddenly put that on hold. He said he wanted to table the request until October, and try to absorb the costs into his existing budget in the meantime.

Apparently that didn’t work, so the sheriff went before the county board once again on Thursday morning.

Each of the county commissioners was granted full access to all of the details of the investigation, in order to help them make their decision about the added funding.

"They know that I'm not wasting taxpayers' dollars. That this process has been thoroughly thought through. That I, as the sheriff, am being responsible to our public," Staton said, after Thursday's meeting.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Sheriff-to-request-209656-for-Kyron-case-104874354.html

News reports today, sure makes me feel like a lot has been going on that we haven't heard about. Make's me think about Kaine's statement, "be patient." Things are going to happen, IMO sooner than later, hopefully before the 90 days are up.

I'm very, very happy to hear that task force is getting in place. I've been so worried with all of Oregon's budgetary problems that they weren't going to be able to get many more people from the other jurisdictions. So it was very reassuring to me to see they've got nine people! That was great news.

I guess they have to do it for political reasons, but I wish they would not say things like they think it will be wrapped up by January...though that is the next quarter when they would have to come, hat in hand again...

Each of the county commissioners was granted full access to all of the details of the investigation, in order to help them make their decision about the added funding.

"They know that I'm not wasting taxpayers' dollars. That this process has been thoroughly thought through. That I, as the sheriff, am being responsible to our public," Staton said, after Thursday's meeting.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Sheriff-to-request-209656-for-Kyron-case-104874354.html

I'm hoping one of them leaks something ... just some itty bitty tiny one that won't jeopardize the investigation but would let us know things are going forward.

Now try saying the green sentence ten times fast and not get tongue twisted.

I'm hoping one of them leaks something ... just some itty bitty tiny one that won't jeopardize the investigation but would let us know things are going forward.

Now try saying the green sentence ten times fast and not get tongue twisted.

Since they were granted access to information regarding the investigation to make their decision, and they decided to grant the funding, there must have some very compelling evidence. That's good.

They had to grant the funding, really. The people already worked the OT, they had to be paid.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611
Back