The Crime Scene and Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You're missing the point.

Unless the killers were already inside, Teresa would have had the opportunity to set the alarm. In that case, whether or not Mark's mom set the alarm would be irrelevant.

For Mark to suggest that the failure of the alarm was due to his mim's error suggests knowledge that Teresa didn't have the opportunity to arm the system -- knowledge that he should not have.

This might explain why MS hasn't spoken to the media. His answers to questions might be full of knowledge he should not have especially since his BFF has been arrested for his wife's murder.

Maybe MS does know she was ambushed as she entered the house
He knows when her flight arrived
Duntulum told us that the argument and shrill were not TS, so its apparent that family has a rough idea of TOD.
And then there is that van that is still in LE custody, with dents in the back
I find it very hard to believe there is no video of TS driving home

I am trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because there are so few facts available
I don't want to bend what we know or assume to fit my opinions
Its very difficult
I agree. If TS was ambushed as she entered the house it would be very difficult to keep that from MS. I think once he walked into the house he would be able to tell (based forensic evidence). I doubt it was all cleaned up before he came home 3 days later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I agree. If TS was ambushed as she entered the house it would be very difficult to keep that from MS. I think once he walked into the house he would be able to tell (based forensic evidence). I doubt it was all cleaned up before he came home 3 days later.

There's an article out there on MSM (no time to find at the moment) about a very high tech, new age type of forensic equipment that Florida has, which was used at the TS murder scene. Basically, the machine sort of spins around in every direction, and prints out where blood spatter, etc started from. IIRC it was used in the home.

There's an article out there on MSM (no time to find at the moment) about a very high tech, new age type of forensic equipment that Florida has, which was used at the TS murder scene. Basically, the machine sort of spins around in every direction, and prints out where blood spatter, etc started from. IIRC it was used in the home.

Here was the link to that 3D Imaging technology:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABOjXbIfNHE

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29910686/lee-county-using-3d-imaging-to-help-solve-cases#.VfzAnZK9KSM

I'm not arguing that point. I'm certain investigators did find that out from the security company. My point is that it would be unprofessional and detrimental to the investigation to divulge that info to anyone outside of the investigation, including Mark Sievers.

For me, I think it depends on when he made the statement to his friend. It would have been known immediately that the alarm did or didn't go off because police interviewed neighbors the day TS was discovered. It wouldn't be unusual for MS to speak with at least one neighbor (but who knows) to know if the alarm went off that day, the day before or at any time while they were out of town. Also, a neighbor might also tell MS what questions they were asked or what information they may have learned inadvertently from others. The hammer as the weapon was mention by a neighbor very early.

I think the WOW factor may have nothing to do with the motive. I think the WOW factor has to do with the AMAZING police work that lead to two out of the area suspects being discovered and arrested within a month or so of murder.I think Sheriff Scott was a bit upset about the pressure put on his dept the first 2 weeks and is tooting his horn so to speak.

I think the WOW factor may have nothing to do with the motive. I think the WOW factor has to do with the AMAZING police work that lead to two out of the area suspects being discovered and arrested within a month or so of murder.I think Sheriff Scott was a bit upset about the pressure put on his dept the first 2 weeks and is tooting his horn so to speak.
Very true. Amazing work on behalf of law enforcement. A very well orchestrated investigation and we only know a small part of what's been going on. As the sheriff said this case is so intricate books and movies will be written. I am thinking part of the intricacies may be that one crime led LE to Missouri where they were led in a whole different/new direction of other crimes, cold cases etc. Like opening up Pandora's box. JMO

Any Florida residents here who are familiar with Stateside Security systems?
Is it strange that the cops were called to Jarvis (recently) when the alarm went off? Was MS simply not answering his phone for the alarm company?
Respectfully snipped by me for space ~

After my parents passed away, my sisters and I decided my brother should have the family home. He has been on disability since he was 16 due to a brain tumor that was removed x 3 (another story) Anyway he has lived there ALL of his life. My dad died last, 2 years ago when my brother was 49. Since he wears a hearing aid and has lost his sense of smell, us girls decided he should have a security system set up for him for safety.

He did in fact set it up and they came out and installed it. A couple of weeks later, my sister came in town for a family get together. I was to come over early the next morning. I didn't want to go out and eat breakfast with them that morning, so I told them to call me when they were closed to being finished and I would just meet them at the house.

I got there first and used my key to open the door and BAM!! OMG that alarm went off. The longer I was there (within 2-3 minutes) the LOUDER and LOUDER it got...I swear I could not even hear myself think! His phone (landline) was ringing ASAP as I was trying to find where that darn alarm was even at. I explained to her/security that this was my brothers house and I used my key to get in. She asked what the passcode was. I didn't have a clue, but made a couple of guesses, which were wrong, of course. She then asked me if I was on the list, which I assumed I was...BUT NO I wasn't. I gave her my other 2 sisters' names...NO. She said she was sorry, but still had to call the police. They were there within the next few minutes.

**I had my dog with me and we went out on the deck to get away from the shrilling noise, but it was still so LOUD that I could hardly hear the lady from the Security systems questions.
BTW there were 4 inches of snow that day and it was freezing cold outside. The cop was very nice, and played with my dog for a few minutes before he left. Thank goodness my sister and bro pulled up right after the cop left. NOW, all 4 siblings are on the "list" and we all know that damn passcode.

He doesn't have Stateside Security, but I would think it would be the typical protocol for all systems.
1. Call the residence/homeowner
2. Call police

** I kept thinking about the Siever's poor dogs in that house with those alarms blaring. Dog's have such a super sense of hearing, it's no wonder to me that when Animal services came over they found the OLDER dog running around outside. Just like humans when dogs get older "we both" lose the ability to hear many frequencies. But the younger one was "hiding" in another room and couldn't be seen :frown:

He doesn't have Stateside Security, but I would think it would be the typical protocol for all systems.
1. Call the residence/homeowner
2. Call police

** I kept thinking about the Siever's poor dogs in that house with those alarms blaring. Dog's have such a super sense of hearing, it's no wonder to me that when Animal services came over they found the OLDER dog running around outside. Just like humans when dogs get older "we both" lose the ability to hear many frequencies. But the younger one was "hiding" in another room and couldn't be seen :frown:

I completely agree with you re: typical protocol for all systems, thank you for relaying your experience! IMO, maybe MS told his mom to just lock the doors and not bother with arming the system in case the dogs tripped it (like what happened last week) OR, maybe the system was not armed (but locked) while the family was away all week, purposefully or accidentally.

http://www.leepa.org/Display/Displa...ls=True&FolioID=10294168&LocationDetails=True

This has probably already been posted, but I have not been aware of it until now. Interesting that the house is only in MS name.

I also noticed under Sales and Transactions a "Sale qualification decision pending" on 6/29/15 and something about a transfer occurred within 90 days and qualification decision has not been made.

Maybe this was addressed earlier and I missed it. Does anyone know what it means?

http://www.leepa.org/Display/Displa...Details=True&PermitDetails=True#PermitDetails

The house may have been only in Mark's name to protect the asset in case of a malpractice suit. Think this is pretty common for physicians to keep property/assets in their partner's name. JMO

Home was deeded to TS & MS (as husband & wife) and TS was removed as a result of the the death certificate filing. When real property is titled this way, if one spouse dies title vests in the surviving spouse outright, automatically in fee simple. Of course MS's interest in the home is subject to any mortgages outstanding though.

Home was deeded to TS & MS (as husband & wife) and TS was removed as a result of the the death certificate filing. When real property is titled this way, if one spouse dies title vests in the surviving spouse outright, automatically in fee simple. Of course MS's interest in the home is subject to any mortgages outstanding though.

In checking back, the house was in both names until some time in 2015. So I believe what is quoted above is true.

http://www.leepa.org/Display/Displa...ls=True&FolioID=10294168&LocationDetails=True

This has probably already been posted, but I have not been aware of it until now. Interesting that the house is only in MS name.

Good Find!

Is it usual that a house gets transferred from one spouse to another so soon after death? He certainly didn't waste any time.

Also, there is a floorplan of the house under "Appraisal Details". It seems to show only 2 doors - the front and the "jimmied" one.

I guess one reason why he is not inhabiting the house, is that he wants to sell it asap. I hope he has to sell at a large discount, because who wants to live in a house where a murder has just taken place.

I have two thoughts on not living in the house.

My first one is it would be difficult for the girls. But then the more I think on it, my mind changes to this is where they could regain living their life, with their things, pets, and neighborhood friends. In a divorce, the children usually remain in the house for normalcy.

The second thought is if MS had anything to do with the death of his wife, he is the one who would want nothing to do with returning to the house! The fear of being the next to be arrested is eating him alive now, let alone living in the house where the murder occurred.

After typing these two thoughts, I can clearly see why they are not living in the house. MS has no desire to return. JMO

I have two thoughts on not living in the house.

My first one is it would be difficult for the girls. But then the more I think on it, my mind changes to this is where they could regain living their life, with their things, pets, and neighborhood friends. In a divorce, the children usually remain in the house for normalcy.

The second thought is if MS had anything to do with the death of his wife, he is the one who would want nothing to do with returning to the house! The fear of being the next to be arrested is eating him alive now, let alone living in the house where the murder occurred.

After typing these two thoughts, I can clearly see why they are not living in the house. MS has no desire to return. JMO
Do you think it might be possible for MS to use donations they received to rent a place? On tbe otherhand he may not want to get settled if he thinks he might be arrested.

Do you think it might be possible for MS to use donations they received to rent a place? On tbe otherhand he may not want to get settled if he thinks he might be arrested.

I have to say that if my children's mother died, no matter the circumstances, my first priority would be to find a stable home environment for them. I think it is certainly understandable that he does not want to return to that house, whether he was involved or not. I would think that after almost 3 months it is time for them to be getting settled in a new home with as many of their "things" as possible, including their pets.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back