The Crime Scene and Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so sorry for giving the wrong impression. It was a NEIGHBORHOOD sign at the beginning of the street! MS did not put it up.

So you're talking about a Neighborhood Watch sign. What's the big deal about that being there?

The real question is, why did they "break" into the non-dead bolted side door to begin with? That door can be easily opened with anything flat, a credit card for example. Zero noise. Also, that particular window leads directly in one of the two adjacent bedrooms (separated by a bathroom) in that part of the house.

Not entering through that window, but through the side door could-

a. help the defense (I/we broke in, we did not plan to wake up anyone...)
or
b. avoid the terrible feeling afterwards of a "stranger" entering through one of the ( possibly family-members') bedrooms or
c. avoid leaving "carpet - marks" / footprints in the carpet, if applicable. If that bedroom had indeed a carpet floor, I can see the prosecution smile..
or
d. make for an easier entry/ escape route

Just my opinion.

-Nin

Just adding this thought into your pot of very good questions, NIN.... Many newer FL homes have what is termed "Hurricane-proof" windows (aka Miami/Dade code PGT grade) which is almost like bullet-proof glass. In other words, you could throw a bowling ball at a window & it won't break.

Do I know if she had these costly windows put in for the fairly newly constructed home? No, but most newer homes have them in my neck of the "woods"...it saves on insurance costs & adds to resale value.

Anywhoooo--I agree the door break-in looks odd & probably staged.

I am so sorry for giving the wrong impression. It was a NEIGHBORHOOD sign at the beginning of the street! MS did not put it up.

PeskySleuth, thanks for clearing this up. I was wondering how many criminals actually carry their 'Criminal ID's' with them these days.
:loveyou:

The real question is, why did they "break" into the non-dead bolted side door to begin with? That door can be easily opened with anything flat, a credit card for example. Zero noise. Also, that particular window leads directly in one of the two adjacent bedrooms (separated by a bathroom) in that part of the house.

Not entering through that window, but through the side door could-

a. help the defense (I/we broke in, we did not plan to wake up anyone...)
or
b. avoid the terrible feeling afterwards of a "stranger" entering through one of the ( possibly family-members') bedrooms or
c. avoid leaving "carpet - marks" / footprints in the carpet, if applicable. If that bedroom had indeed a carpet floor, I can see the prosecution smile..
or
d. make for an easier entry/ escape route

Just my opinion.

-Nin

Nin, how do you know the ped door was not dead bolted?

I like to reiterate and preserve what was said (most of it is audio) in this WINK News video/ article form August 28th, bold words by me.

Video header shows JR –smoking- and standing next to a blurred out male.

*JR is a smoker* Another video comes to mind, where LCSO employees were walking the lawn around the Sievers house looking for evidence. That was during the first taped crime scene development (June 29[SUP]th[/SUP] through Thursday July 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], Friday CS release, then again tape up on Monday July 6[SUP]th[/SUP], for one day only) and during the second taping of the CS.

FOX 92.5 Radio (as reported by WINK News), Sheriff Mike Scott:

• · They were looking at CWW and JR shortly after the murder

• · It was not easy to gather evidence against the two

• “I can tell you, that the killers responsible for that heinous crime tried very very hard to cover up their tracks. And I will say to some extent that they did a very very very good job doin doing so, however, not good enough.”

• · Detectives worked the case in MO, while crime technicians gathered a large amount of evidence at the Sievers home in Bonita Springs.

• · The Sheriff says Investigators now have some leverage to try to get Wright and Rodgers to reveal more details.

• · “There are many other components to this case beyond the two, that have been arrested and are in custody currently.”

• · “We believe, that we not only have built a strong case, but we’ve built leverage in a lot of different areas. And to excerpt leverage, I believe we will generate more of what we need to complete the case.”

• · They (LCSO) will not be pressured into revealing more information or making another arrest until they are ready to do so. Number one goal is, whatever they do, can stand up in court.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/08/28/missouri-man-charged-in-bonita-springs-doctors-killing/

I like to reiterate and preserve what was said (most of it is audio) in this WINK News video/ article form August 28th, bold words by me.

*JR is a smoker* Another video comes to mind, where LCSO employees were walking the lawn around the Sievers house looking for evidence. That was during the first taped crime scene development (June 29[SUP]th[/SUP] through Thursday July 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], Friday CS release, then again tape up on Monday July 6[SUP]th[/SUP], for one day only) and during the second taping of the CS.

• “I can tell you, that the killers responsible for that heinous crime tried very very hard to cover up their tracks. And I will say to some extent that they did a very very very good job doin doing so, however, not good enough.”

• · Detectives worked the case in MO, while crime technicians gathered a large amount of evidence at the Sievers home in Bonita Springs.

• · The Sheriff says Investigators now have some leverage to try to get Wright and Rodgers to reveal more details.

• · “There are many other components to this case beyond the two, that have been arrested and are in custody currently.”

• · “We believe, that we not only have built a strong case, but we’ve built leverage in a lot of different areas. And to excerpt leverage, I believe we will generate more of what we need to complete the case.”

• · They (LCSO) will not be pressured into revealing more information or making another arrest until they are ready to do so. Number one goal is, whatever they do, can stand up in court.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/08/28/missouri-man-charged-in-bonita-springs-doctors-killing/

Good info! I wonder if they were checking for cigarette butts at the dog park. IIRC, JR was arrested as a minor for buying cigarettes. Does Walmart cell cigarettes? Did JR buy enough packs to last him the entire trip or did he have to stop for more?

It looks like they pried open the (less secure) door handle lock but not the deadbolt, probably because the deadbolt appears to be unlocked.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Exactly. If the deadbolt had been engaged, we would be looking at a possible damage like this (example pic). The door panel would show damage past the deadbolt and the outside layer would be separated beyond the upper lock area:

attachment.php

pic from here [FONT=&amp]http://www.doorsecuritypro.com/design-flaws-in-all-homes.html[/FONT]

Attachments

• sievers example pried open door.jpg
    sievers example pried open door.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 556
Good info! I wonder if they were checking for cigarette butts at the dog park. IIRC, JR was arrested as a minor for buying cigarettes. Does Walmart cell cigarettes? Did JR buy enough packs to last him the entire trip or did he have to stop for more?

Ahh, good thought CK! Wallmart is a huge seller of cigarettes.

-Nin

Ahh, good thought CK! Wallmart is a huge seller of cigarettes.

-Nin

And cigs could be germane, relevant, if JR bought a particular brand that was found in or near the crime scene. Which makes me wonder, was JR standing outside somewhere waiting for CWW to complete the murder? Is he dumb enough to smoke a cigarette on the scene? Was he waiting in a rental car near the dog park and couldn't smoke in the rental?

I went back and it was indeed just a neighborhood watch sign that other streets have. i have never seen one that big and wordy before. Apparently they are pretty common around that area since it's not a gated community. i stand corrected. i did notice on this 2nd trip back there today that there is a 'no trespassing sign' in MS' yard plus the lawn was just freshly cut.

Thanks for the link. I snipped and attached a still of that image.

Attachments

• winkCapture.PNG
    winkCapture.PNG
    163.7 KB · Views: 278
Cigs are a great clue! He isn't that old, but probably old enough in that cigs are a real crutch to him and used in times of stress. Probably even did it out of a habit nit thinking.

Just wondering if anyone has the link handy to the video of MS and TS's brothers at the Jarvis home testing the alarm system.

I remember the news clip with MS and that towel on his head. I just want to relook at that clip again with the knowledge we have to see if perhaps CWW was there too.

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1924318,00.html
What's a 'Person of Interest'?
The term person of interest is meaningless. There's no legal definition, and the Department of Justice doesn't offer a formal meaning — despite the fact that it first popularized the term, during the investigation into the 1996 bombing of venues at the Summer Olympics in Atlanta. In that case, security guard Richard Jewell was dubbed a "person of interest," sparking a frenzy of speculation despite scant evidence of his involvement in the bombing. Once exonerated, Jewell pursued a series of successful libel suits against media organizations whom he accused of ruining his reputation by using the term.
There is formal terminology available if the police decide to hedge their bets against declaring someone a suspect. The Justice Department has definitions for both subject (someone police are interested in keeping tabs on) and target (someone believed to have some level of involvement).

http://ajrarchive.org/Article.asp?id=4042
Dilemma of Interest
Many law enforcement officials now use the vague term “person of interest” to describe people caught up in their investigations. That poses a challenge for journalists, who must try to convey a situation accurately without unfairly tarring someone’s reputation.

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1924318,00.html
What's a 'Person of Interest'?
The term person of interest is meaningless. There's no legal definition, and the Department of Justice doesn't offer a formal meaning — despite the fact that it first popularized the term, during the investigation into the 1996 bombing of venues at the Summer Olympics in Atlanta. In that case, security guard Richard Jewell was dubbed a "person of interest," sparking a frenzy of speculation despite scant evidence of his involvement in the bombing. Once exonerated, Jewell pursued a series of successful libel suits against media organizations whom he accused of ruining his reputation by using the term.
There is formal terminology available if the police decide to hedge their bets against declaring someone a suspect. The Justice Department has definitions for both subject (someone police are interested in keeping tabs on) and target (someone believed to have some level of involvement).

http://ajrarchive.org/Article.asp?id=4042
Dilemma of Interest
Many law enforcement officials now use the vague term “person of interest” to describe people caught up in their investigations. That poses a challenge for journalists, who must try to convey a situation accurately without unfairly tarring someone’s reputation.

A 'subject' of a GJ investigation may referred to as a POI by LE during the GJ process. JMO.

A "subject" of an investigation is a person whose conduct is within the scope of the grand jury's investigation.

A "target" is a person as to whom the prosecutor or the grand jury has substantial evidence linking him or her to the commission of a crime and who, in the judgment of the prosecutor, is a putative defendant.

From the first post on The Crime Scene and Investigation by Coldpizza

" A security company also worked with detectives for the second day in a row."

This may have already been asked, but has it been stated whether or not the security system in the Sievers home had video surveillance? And if so, was there indoor surveillance of the entryways?

I apologize if this has been asked already.

This may have already been asked, but has it been stated whether or not the security system in the Sievers home had video surveillance? And if so, was there indoor surveillance of the entryways?

The full nature of the surveillance system is unknown, but CNN went to the house and a security expert identified 3 video cameras but they don't capture the side door which was not locked with the deadbolt and had been jimmied. http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/09/ng.01.html

I am wondering hiw this all happened. I know the rest of your aren't. Lol

Where did they park their car? Did they walk to the house? How far? Two strangers walking.

Then after the deed is done and they are covered with blood, how do they get to their car. Any ideas?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back