The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s
Location of the body consistent with it being rolled or pushed off ledge just above it, prosecution - Justice Byrne

Sarah Greenhalgh ‏@GreenhalghSarah
Judge tells jury that the defence argued "an unplanned, spontaneous murder was as unlikely as a premeditated one" #badenclay @tennewsqld

BBM That shouts from the rooftops IMO. If that's not a direction to the jury to come back with 'murder' rather than 'manslaughter', I don't know what is...

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s

Judge says Crown said Allison had been rolled or pushed from the ledge above. #badenclay

Judge says Crown said there was no evidence Allison was drug affected. #badenclay

Judge says Crown said post mortem changes showed Allison's body had not moved. #badenclay

Judge says Crown case is that drowning is not a reasonable suggestion. No evidence of it. #badenclay

Judge says Crown case is Allison's body was dumped to avoid it being found. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s
No fractures, which would have been expected if she had jumped off bridge,prosecution - Justice Byrne

Not sure why but can't see my post about the Fig Tree Pocket 6.31 am internet connect.

The senior BC's live about 3.5kms from the border of Fig Tree Pocket. Coincidence?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s
No diatoms detected, therefore deceased did not drown, Crown - Justice Byrne

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 45s

Judge: Pros argued location of body and surrounds consistent with body having been rolled or pushed off ledge above. @abcnews #badenclay

Thank you marly and for being so nice i hereby promise that i wont call any of the accused a derogatory name for the next couple of hours at least :)

Better log off, Greg!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Body dumped there to avoid suspicion, Crown said - Justice Byrne

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 43s

Judge says Crown said no evidence of recent Sertraline ingestion. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 28s
Justice Byrne going through the Crown's take on Allison's mental health and medication

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 47s

Judge says Prosecution argued bruise to Allison's chest and chipped tooth were consistent with a struggle. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41s

Judge says Crown case is that drug toxicity as a cause of death is excluded by the evidence. #badenclay

Sarah Greenhalgh ‏@GreenhalghSarah 35s

Judge says prosecution's case is that Allison's body was dumped to avoid suspicion and delay discovery #badenclay @tennewsqld

My view is;

For the Police to prove their case, they must prove each of the following matters beyond a reasonable doubt.

ABC is dead;
GBC killed her; that is he caused her death; and
GBC did so intending to cause her death, or at least grievous bodily harm

It is necessary to prove that GBC was the person who committed the offence. I am just of the feeling that the only evidence we have seen identifying GB c as the killer, are the conclusions drawn by TF. I would feel more confident the jury can reach all conclusions beyond doubt, if there was identifying evidence from either crime scene. I do give TF full marks for his evidence from the bar table though. I am pleased to NOT be a part of this jury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria