The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he would have had the guts to drive her dead body out into the middle of nowhere, handle and dispose of it by himself. He seems way too much of a cry baby to deal with that alone.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Agree...he had help

Does anyone else here agree that the Prosecution must be holding something critical close to their chest? The performance so far has be a bit softly, softly for mine.

All a bit softly, softly from both sides. I wonder if the defence know he did it and there is too much circumstantial evidence and they are all just going through the motions. I was amazed on Monday when I was in court that there were no 'objections' from either side. Especially when OW, NBC & TM were giving evidence. They got off lightly in my opinion.

I remember ages ago Alioops telling us that sometimes the lawyers help each other out. Certainly not Alioops words, but that is my interpretation.

:jail::jail::jail:

Thanks Spratsmum. I need all that for a more accurate Time Frame. Heard only yesterday Allison left the hairdresser at 7.00pm. First I heard of that. Also there was mention made of ball gowns, but I think that was a run in with GBC and a WS sleuther.
It would good to know what time that was, as it would suggest what time Gerrid might have arrived home. (I mean the true time, not a time suggested by either G or his family)

Info re the ballgowns...

From Allison's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker...trial day 4...

16 June 2014

The pair exchanged text messages on 19 April 2012, when Walker asked her friend to return some ballgowns she had borrowed.

"Of course! Sorry you had to chase them up. I am in the city all day at the Convention Centre so can drop them off on my way home about 6pm?? Is that OK or do you need them for tomorrow night?? Alx," it read.

Walker said later that evening she replied that would be fine, but received no response.

It was her last communication with Allison

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/16/gerard-baden-clay-calm-cucumber

Nah, he was just FOS, I'd say. I know the house, I'm not sure how much land is around it. I'd say the horses were probably My Little Ponies.

I will humbly apologise if I am wrong. But I am sure he was embellishing in order to impress.

No They definitely didn't have that much land (more like 1 acre in their rental) and no horses, I am local and teach young children riding so I'm aware of all new riders and those going to pony club

Thank you to all who kept us updated with tweets and MSM reports today. Very much appreciated.

The remark from OW to Constable Ash about Allison falling down a hole IMO was OW being a smart *advertiser censored***d, sarcastic b**ch. I really don't believe that GBC said any such thing to the girls. I think the girls would have mentioned that when they were interviewed. It certainly would have been something that stuck in the minds! Nup, it was just twisted sister lying to a police officer who was there to try and locate Allison. Why such contempt for authority so early? I think we all know the answer to that.

Wow, context is everything. Thank you.

So Olivia was frustrated with police asking what did GBC tell the girls about where their mum is...

Because... OW and her brother in les than 2 hours can't find ABC on their own, are beyond worried and have looked everywhere and are clearly both freaking out from all their efforts and having to do all ABC usual parenting duties with only their mum and dad to help them (and now car loads of police).

Too much for four adults to cover ABC's usual morning role...

So in utter frustration NATURALLY OW gives many well meaning authorities there to help some as well - LIP!

Yep. Still don't want her driving my kids anywhere for 10 or 2 mins.

IMO

He may have been expecting them to say they had to wait 24 hours to see if she came home on her own.

Something must have raised suspicion for the police to arrive so soon. There have been suggestions that they had been called to the address previously. Is it the case that any past offences would not be disclosed until after the trial?

The way ABC News just described the way GBC gave the doctor his business card in relation to her house hunting made it sound like a bribe .. Hadn't thought of it that way before.

Thanks Spratsmum. I need all that for a more accurate Time Frame. Heard only yesterday Allison left the hairdresser at 7.00pm. First I heard of that. Also there was mention made of ball gowns, but I think that was a run in with GBC and a WS sleuther.
It would good to know what time that was, as it would suggest what time Gerrid might have arrived home. (I mean the true time, not a time suggested by either G or his family)

And Ladybird, would have taken 15 minutes tops to get from hairdresser to the BC home, probably 10 minutes.

If Allison was just having her hair streaked and touched up, it won't have taken 3 hours. Thursday night is busy in most salons and they try to fit people in and get them out as quickly as possible. I can have my hair coloured, cut and streaked in under 2 hours. It is not a long process. The other thing that intrigues me about the hairdresser is the phone records that show Allison ringing them at 4.48pm, not something you do if you are at the hairdresser!

My understanding is that Allison was held up in traffic and didn't get to the hairdressers until much later than her appointment time. Sorry, I'm a link novice.:jail:

I'm still wondering if G charged his phone in the middle of the night. That should go in the time line too.

The timing really gets me. Cons. Ash's statement states that they arrived at the house at 8am, but it has been reported as 8.30am. Or was that the time the next lot of police arrived?

I am so confused. Maybe I should wait for the movie.

Exactly what I am thinking. What was the rush. He knew he would be doing the school run and getting the girls ready for school as Allison was going to a conference. We get up just before 8 for an 8.50 school bell ring. Ok so it is a rush. But I wouldn't know what to do with 2 hrs to get ready.

I know rushing for what? He knew he had to take care of the girls that morning as Allison was going to the conference. So the consummate boy scout would have been over prepared for that situation. They washed the lunch boxes the night before and he would be making the lunches that morning. It doesn't take 2 hours to make 3 lunches.

Apparently every Friday GBC met with his staff and they went to 'new' listings .....but would they be doing this before 8 am. Unlikely!!! So just exactly what is he rushing the girls for? In the end OW took the girls to school...

And really would I send my kids to school if their father was missing. NO WAY IN HELL. That IS CALLOUS!!!! There is no other word for it!

Kids don't react well to the thought of a parent not returning so I would be nearby and ask the next person who is closest to them (in this case my mum) to look be with them - and she would give them info as soon as we all knew what was happening.

But what was the rush - its TWO HOURS before school, he is making lunches. There are two bathrooms - 3 kids - S <modsnip> is up at Sparrow's fart and ready to go -so I really don't see any urgency required.

I'd bet he expected them to say "ok we will make a note of it and if she isn't back by tonight we will file a missing person report".

Agree, I reckon he rang the 13 police number first so he could ring it in as 'I'm a concerned loving attentive hubby being overly cautious'. Thank god it rang out and he was too impatient and rang it in as a 000 emergency. Imagine that lifted the stakes, requiring a more ramped up police response

Yep. He totally did not expect that 2 hours after that phone call the house would be crawling with cops and he would be sitting down with CIB, getting right down to the nitty gritty of his story.

I wonder what must go through his head at night now. The case is so high profile, has had so much media attention. In his wildest dreams (nightmares?) he couldn't have imagined this. What a legacy to leave his daughters, to have to live down the Baden-Clay name.

I hope when the trial is finished and justice is being served for a LONG time (in a jail with LOTS of hardened criminals who scare the bejeevers out of GBC), that the girls are able to get on with the support and love of the Dickies. A surname change to Dickie would be a great place to shake off a little of the association of the BC clan. IMO

Didn't Allison have dinner with a friend after the hairdresser? Why do recall that being the case?

Something must have raised suspicion for the police to arrive so soon. There have been suggestions that they had been called to the address previously. Is it the case that any past offences would not be disclosed until after the trial?

There was speculation &/or rumours about "past offences"

IF there was, because of our sub-judice laws it can't be mentioned or discussed.

And we don't discuss rumours on WS anyway.

I'm still wondering if G charged his phone in the middle of the night. That should go in the time line too.

He put his phone back on the charger at 1.15am friday 20th and took it off again at 6.15am

Didn't he mention her depression in the 000 call? Maybe they have to attend early of there is a possibility of self harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro