The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:14am: Gerard Baden-Clay has returned to the witness box to be questioned by his defence barrister Michael Byrne QC.

He is wearing a dark suit, yellow striped tie and glasses. He appears calm and composed.

His sister Olivia Walton and brother Adam Baden-Clay are seated in the front row of the public gallery.

Allison Baden-Clay's family and friends are seated on the opposite side of the courtroom.

10:14am: Today also marks Allison Baden-Clay's birthday. She would have been 46.

Today also coincides with the date Gerard Baden-Clay had promised to leave Allison to be with his long-time mistress Toni McHugh.

10:14am: The 13th day of the trial is under way in Court 11.

Such is the intense public interest in the case, the trial is now being streamed live onto large television screens into the Law Building's largest courtroom, the Banco Court. The Banco Court is usually reserved for Supreme Court ceremonial occasions.

The public gallery in Court 11 has been reserved for family members and select journalists.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36AgNqDIA

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 45s
Gerard #badenclay: "those three calls I would have deleted, yes." @9NewsBrisbane

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 40s
#badenclay says: "I didn’t want to open a can of worms by having to explain to Allison I was speaking to Toni" @7NewsBrisbane

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m
#badenclay: "She asked me to tell Allison that she was going to be there which I never agreed to and certainly never did." @abcnews

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 52s

Gerard then took a call from Allison who had finished her hair appointment #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s
A calm start to Gerard's evidence today as he goes through phone records from the day he reported his wife missing #badenclay @couriermail

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

At 7.42pm Gerard got a text message from a woman named Sally about real estate matters. #badenclay

Unfortunate turn of phrase:
Gerard says he did not want to "open a can of worms" with Allison and reveal he'd been speaking to Toni. #badenclay Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 42s

There is also one more message or call from Toni, but Gerard says 'I can't comment on that. I don't know anything about that' #badenclay

There is also one more message or call from Toni, but Gerard says 'I can't comment on that. I don't know anything about that' #badenclay

[emoji15]

10:17am: Defence barrister Michael Byrne has continued to question Mr Baden-Clay about the calls and text messages he made and received on the afternoon and evening of April 19, 2012.

Mr Baden-Clay is accused of killing his wife Allison at their Brookfield home on April 19 and dumping her body in nearby Kholo Creek at Anstead.

A log of calls and text messages to and from Mr Baden-Clay's phone has been shown to the court. The jurors have each been handed a hard copy of the phone log.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36Ah8E7Xr

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Gerard is describing sending a group email congratulating an employee on getting a new listing. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 45s
Gerard #badenclay: "those three calls I would have deleted, yes." @9NewsBrisbane

So why didn't he delete them then, unless he knew Allison wasn't going to have the opportunity to read them?

Or am I missing something?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s
Gerard says he always sent a group text message to staff when one of them had a success, did so that day when one got a listing #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s

Next is exchanges between his sister Olivia and her husband Ian. #badenclay

Next is a text from Gerard to his father. Perhaps thanking them for looking after the children. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 49s

There are then some group texts between Gerard and his staff, mainly work related #badenclay

So why didn't he delete them then, unless he knew Allison wasn't going to have the opportunity to read them?

[emoji41]it's not you who is missing something [emoji35]

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 36s

There's an exchange between Gerard and his father 'maybe thanking them for looking after the kids earlier' #badenclay

Hmmmm. So Toni is a 'volatile' person, and spoke to BC twice to angrily tell him he had to let Allison know she was going to the conference - and he wasn't concerned at all that Toni would cause a scene if she saw Allison there? Okay . . .

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Next is a text from Olivia to Allison at 8.16pm. Gerard thinks it was about plans for the sleepover the following night. #badenclay

Probably deleted from phone but they would still show up on bill

I wonder the timing and content of this call? was it after he handed over his phone to Allison?...if he really did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required