The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 46s

After calling his friends, Gerard called Allison's best friend Kerry-Anne Walker. #badenclay

At 10.01am, Gerard called Brookfield State School and touched base with the principal. #badenclay

Gerard says they'd been living in their Brookfield rental home for five years. #badenclay

I'm not 100% convinced that the bcs knew from the outset and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Having said that I do think that many times their behaviour has been odd.
What pushes me more to the doubt side though is why gbc called his family and his friends before calling Al's friends or family. It's pretty obvious that Allison and the bcs were not that close, so why call them before Kerry?

Trial day 4....

The following Friday she said her husband Geoff received a phone call from their son-in-law to say Allison was missing.

She said she and her husband rushed to her daughter's home on Brookfield Road that morning to find her son-in-law "just as calm as a cucumber".

"I couldn't believe it, he had a pinked striped shirt on an a tie," Mrs Dickie said.

"Just as calm as a cucumber. [He] just came over and said, 'g'day dad ... g'day mum', and I looked at him and I said what's happened and he said 'Allison's missing, she went for a walk and hasn't come back'.

"Couldn't believe it ...

"Then he said, 'would you like a cup of tea?'"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-4-week-2-20140616-3a6an.html#ixzz36AppALDN

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Gerard says Allison slept on the right hand side of the bed and he slept on the left, looking at the plans. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 57s

The plan shows the marital bed, with Allison's side closest to the bedroom door and Gerard on the window side #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 50s

Each of the girls had their own room #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

The girls' bedrooms are all on the opposite side of the house, on the other side of the family/lounge area. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 5m
Other phone records show #badenclay rang Allison's parents, and friends. @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 4m
#badenclay says by 2012, the family had been living at the Brookfield rental home for about 5 years. @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 2m
The jury is looking at a printed floor plan of Gerard and Allison's Brookfield home #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m
Michael Byrne is now taking #badenclay through plan of the house. @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Facing the house, the master bedroom, ensuite and walk in robe was on the left #badenclay

I have trouble with these morning of 20th calls. It doesn't matter if you don't arrive at a conference until morning tea really, all you miss is the token politician or hired motivator making an opening address.
His text messages probably should have read "you are going to be late for the conference, where have you got to?". To have called a policeman mate pretty much straight away shows some preoccupation with the police that I think is unnatural.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
#badenclay shows jury where main bedroom is and ensuite. Says he slept on left side of bed. @abcnews

Allison slept on the side closest to the bedroom door #badenclay

I'm not 100% convinced that the bcs knew from the outset and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Having said that I do think that many times their behaviour has been odd.
What pushes me more to the doubt side though is why gbc called his family and his friends before calling Al's friends or family. It's pretty obvious that Allison and the bcs were not that close, so why call them before Kerry?

Because he couldn't manage the children by himself, perhaps.

0.30am: The jury continued to be taken through phone records on April 19 and 20, 2012.

Gerard Baden-Clay said his wife likely called her hairdresser to tell her she was on her way at 4.38pm on April 19.

Baden-Clay said he would have shortly after called his mother to let her know he had finished parent-teacher interviews and she may have asked him to pick up some sausages for dinner.

He said a call from a recruitment company calling him for a reference for an ex staff member at 4.57pm.

The accused said another call was likely his wife “touching base” to let him know she had made her hairdressing appointment.

He said Toni McHugh called him and it was during that conversation he told her his wife would be attending the same real estate conference as her the next day.

“That conversation, I can’t remember all of the details of it, but Toni was not pleased about the fact Allison was going to be at the conference the following day and I basically didn’t say very much and really didn’t respond to that,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he had no real concern about the two women attending the same conference along with hundreds of others.

He said, as an aside, his wife was not a “confrontational” person.

“There was no guarantee they were even going to see each other so I had no concerns about that, I mentioned it, I think Toni said to me in that conversation that she was going the following day and I said: ‘Oh, well, Allison’s going too’,” he said.

The accused said two calls he made at 5.10pm and 5.11pm may have been in relation to an office matter.

He said Ms McHugh called him again.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
A 'paved alfresco' area is marked, along with the Baden-Clays' master bedroom, and each of their three daughters' rooms #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m
G #badenclay marks 3 daughter's b/rooms right above the garage, carport area and next to entry stairs. @abcnews

Has the possibility been definitively ruled out that TM didn't drive to Brookfield that night to "take action into her own hands, and get the ball rolling on GBC's pledge"?

She would have been upset at his alleged unwillingness to intervene about the conference. Perhaps she did call GBC, and inadvertently spoke to ABC, and things escalated and she felt compelled to confront them both, once and for all?

Wasn't her alibi simply that she was at home with her sons, who slept with an open door.

Explains the "lay low" commentary.

Apologies if this has been definitively disproven.

Toni was upset about it, she didn’t want to see Allison and she was expressing her displeasure about it.

“She asked me to tell Allison that she was going to be there, which I never agreed to and certainly I never did, and for the majority of that it was her doing the talking and me not saying much at all,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he did not know why Ms McHugh wanted him to tell his wife she would be at the conference the next day.

He said he had no intention of telling his wife such a thing.

“Whilst I was communicating with Toni, Allison did not know that, so I didn’t want to open a can of worms by explaining to Allison that I was still speaking to Toni and the other thing was, I just wasn’t very concerned,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he deleted Ms McHugh’s phone calls from his phone history.

The accused said his wife called their home phone just before 6.30pm, shortly after calling Baden-Clay on his mobile.

He said his wife told him she had finished her hair appointment and was heading home.

Baden-Clay said he received a text message from a staff member to inform him she had sold a property or secured a new listing at 7.42pm.

He said he texted her back to say something like “congratulations, well done, you’re a legend”.

The accused said he sent a group message to the rest of the sales team as well, as part of a regular team building exercise, to share the news of the property sale.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

He said there was a text message from his sister Olivia Walton to his wife at 8.16pm.

“I suspect that was Olivia texting Al about plans for the sleepover the following night and probably asking Al to give her a call because Olivia’s mobile phone plan allowed her to make phone calls but not text messages or something like that,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he sent another group text message to his business team spruiking his wife’s successes at the training session she had that day at 8.22pm.

“It was just a little team building thing that I had and as each stage of a sale or a property management progresses I would give them a little pep,” he said.

He said he would have been doing the ironing at home by that time.

Baden-Clay said his wife would have phoned his sister at 8.28pm but they had poor phone reception so the call dropped out.

He said his wife phoned back from the home phone.

The jury was taken to a phone call from Baden-Clay to his wife 6.32am on April 20, 2012.

“That’s the first phone call I made to Al to ask where she was,” he said.

He said the call went to his wife’s answering service and he left a message.

The jury was shown another call he made to his wife at 6.38am.

Baden-Clay said he used his home phone to call his mother.

“I thought about calling mum and dad and I didn’t, I hung up,” he said, his voice breaking.

The jury was shown another call from the accused to his wife’s mobile at 6.45am.

Baden-Clay said he called his parents and told them his wife was gone and he didn’t know where she was.

He agreed he tried to phone Sgt Murray Watson at Indooroopilly police.

“I had his number in my phone so I tried giving him a call … and it went through to a standardised voice mail,” he said.

Eldest daughter had a room to the front right, youngest daughter to the left of this, middle daughter to back right #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 40s
The eldest #badenclay daughters had bedroom windows overlooking the house's carport.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s
Eldest and middle daughters' rooms were next to the garage on the right of the house #badenclay

Because he couldn't manage the children by himself, perhaps.

Yeah but that goes against his previous super dad testimony. As they get older they get easier to organize imo and experience. And at this point she's only late back from a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000