The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was "good" when she thought her marriage was going well. She was "quiet" when she was sad that it wasn't.

This is so typical of how a woman feels with a cheating husband. I'm starting to get a bit impatient with the men who are testifying! What, she's supposed to be all happy that her husband is running around with other women? Obviously he wasn't easy to live with - IMO, he was able to silence his own wife forever!

Agree Kimster.

Pardon my being blunt here - but what an utter load of codswallop! In all my years as a surgeon (recall that Flegg is a GP whose only exposure to anaesthetics would have been in his student and intern days) - I've never yet heard anyone scream as they go off to sleep! And I have seen WAY more trauma than he ever has - and same thing. If they're awake, they scream LOUDLY. If they are semi-conscious/dozey - they don't scream. Moan, maybe - but never a scream. And if a scream is elicited by somebody having to do something to them, then they yell out LOUD.

Oh Dr Flegg - your evidence is nothing short of, ummm - "incredible" in the true meaning of that word.

Agree completely. What an elaborate "story"!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s

Mr Cranna says of the $50K, $24K and $19K loans, as of April 2012, Gerard owed approximately $96K. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Mr Cranna says they thought they could assist by looking at the cost structures of the business. #badenclay

Mr Cranna says the general conditions of the real estate business at that time were difficult. The floods had had a negative effect.

Mr Cranna says they drafted an agreement before lending Gerard money but it was never signed. #badenclay

Funny how other real estate businesses in more flood impacted areas were able to continue to with their businesses.:banghead:

BBM
If I had a 'friend' who hit me up for loans almost on an annual basis, I'd start to question our friendship. I notice on bail hearing docs the financial report by Kelly Beckett (p42) shows PC deposited payments totalling $43,500 into GBC personal account during Dec 2010 - March 2011.

So business wasn't that great prior to the floods by that account.

The 59th witness in the trial is Stuart Christ, who went to school and university with Gerard Baden-Clay.
He said he was a business development manager at Hewlett Packard.

The 58th witness in the trial is computer consultant Robert Cheesman.
He said a financial controller and an executive from Hewlett Packard helped go through the figures.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226964239691

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

Mr Cranna says he did not know Toni McHugh and was not aware of the affair until after Allison went missing. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Mr Cranna says it was a loan, he put no term on the loan. He says he doesn't remember the interest rate. #badenclay

I'm glad he isn't my accountant... just sayin..

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s

Mr Cranna says he was aware that Allison was involved in the business "from time to time". #badenclay

Mr Cranna says Allison became more involved in the business in 2011. #badenclay

With all the money he owed, the state of his family life and his love life, I am surprised GBC didn't jump off the Kholo Bridge.

The other time I became aware of it was when I would go occasionally to drop the children off and usually Allison would be at the door smiling and happy and other times she wouldn’t be there … the kids would say she was in bed early or wouldn’t be coming out and that was no big deal, that was Allison,” he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226964239691

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

Defence points out that Mr Cranna has been a chartered accountant since 1991. He has many qualifications. #badenclay

Defence says two loans, pre 2008, were repaid with interest. Mr Cranna says he did not make demands for the remainder. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s

Defence says Mr Cranna is a chartered accountant, hadn't made any demands on loans. He agrees #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 5s

Mr Cranna agrees he, Gerard, Mr Christ and Mr Cheesman were involved in reducing the business costs and increasing sales. #badenclay

Mr Cranna: Gerard was going through a growth face ... in the market conditions, he had too many staff. #badenclay

Mr Cranna says sales picked up to a "better level" after they came on board in 2011. #badenclay

Mr Cranna says he was happy with the direction and the trend things were going in. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 52s

Gerard had too many staff, some left - Mr Cranna #badenclay

There's that $90 000 again ! ?

He probably used a loan from someone else to repay those original 4 loans. There is no way GBC was capable of running a business - any business - without his friends helping him out. His friends loans were his "cashflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28