The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Dr Flegg: unsure how far away the sound was, thought not immediate vicinity #badenclay http://bit.ly/UCqb1j

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m

Dr Flegg says in hallway he heard exactly the same sound. Says it was about 2-3 mins later. #badenclay @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 6m

Flegg on night of 19th April: I heard what I would describe as a female scream. I'm quite certain it was a female voice. #badenclay @abcnews

if the scream was heard coming from the showgrounds area, maybe allison was killed at the showgrounds, <modsnip>? it would be a good place to continue a loud argument without the children hearing?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s

Dr Flegg is showing the court a map of where his house is in relation to the Brookfield showgrounds. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says his house is quite elevated compared to the Baden-Clay house. http://bit.ly/UCqb1j

Dr Flegg says he didn't hear any unusual noises between 9pm and 10pm. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says he spoke to Gerard on a number of occasions through the local chamber of commerce. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says in December, 2011, Gerard called him and asked to catch up. #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m

Dr Flegg lives on a ridge. Only found out where Allison and Gerard lives after she went missing #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Dr Flegg says he went to see Gerard at his new office in Taringa. Gerard told him he had a "situation in his business".

Gerard told Dr Flegg his business partners had left and he needed to raise $400,000. #badenclay#badenclay

Dr Flegg says he asked Gerard who the partners were and he "declined to answer". #badenclay

Dr Flegg says he asked Gerard whether he was looking for an equity partner, but he was adamant he didn't want that. #badenclay

Dr Flegg: He was looking to borrow money. He wanted to keep his equity at whatever level it was at the time. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says in Feb, 2012, there was a chamber of commerce meeting where he saw Gerard. #badenclay

Dr Flegg: Gerard seemed to be a bit annoyed with me. He accused Dr Flegg of telling people his business was in trouble. #badenclay

Dr Flegg: I assured him I hadn't said anything. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says Gerard called him December 2011, asked to catch up #badenclay

so if dr flegg didnt know where gbcs house was, does that mean they were more associates than close friends, they didnt visit each other? but gbc felt comfortable enough to hit him up for huge loans?

"It was strongly suggestive of a reduced level of consciousness."

Oh for *%$# sake - give me a break Fleggy..! What an absolutely idiotic thing to say! What does a scream sound like from somebody with a reduced level of consciousness? And especially one that carries over a kilometre?

I really am getting very curious as to Fleggy's evidence, ....

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 42s

In February 2012 at the Kenmore Tavern, Gerard seemed annoyed with Dr Flegg #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 2m

Dr Flegg says in Feb, 2012, there was a chamber of commerce meeting where he saw Gerard. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s

Dr Flegg says on 6 March, 2012, he received a message from Gerard asking him to call. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says he was in the election period and very busy so he asked Sue Heath to return the call. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says Sue Heath told him Gerard had asked again to borrow money. Dr Flegg called him back on March 11, 2012. #badenclay

Oh for *%$# sake - give me a break Fleggy..! What an absolutely idiotic thing to say! What does a scream sound like from somebody with a reduced level of consciousness? And especially one that carries over a kilometre?

We love you Doc!!

I just thought the same thing. What a bizarre sentence!! It's pure supposition.....nobody could tell that from hearing a scream in the distance.

Someone suggested Dr Flegg had talked about the real estate business being in trouble. Assured Gerard he hadn't #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 2m

Dr Flegg: I assured him I hadn't said anything. #badenclay

10:28am: Dr Flegg said Mr Baden-Clay approached him in December 2011 to ask for a $400,000 loan.

The pair met at Mr Baden-Clay's real estate office in Taringa.

"Gerard indicated to me that he had a situation in his business, that the situation involved the money that he owed to business partners," Dr Flegg said.

Dr Flegg recalled Mr Baden-Clay saying "that he wanted to keep ownership and control of the business and the rent roll and he needed to raise $400,000".

"It was in the nature of a favour," Dr Flegg said.

"I did say to him, was he looking for an equity partner ... but he was quite adamant he was not looking for someone to put equity in. My clear understanding was he wanted to keep his equity at what it was at the time. He didn't want another partner coming in."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35Vo9mHMs

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Dr Flegg says it was a short call. Sue Heath had told Gerard Dr Flegg's response to the loan request. #badenclay

Dr Flegg says he saw Gerard socially on occasion. He doesn't believe he met Allison. #badenclay

Tessa Scott &#8207;@TessaScott9 2m

Flegg: later #badenclay seemed annoyed at him, asked if he had told people his business was in trouble.Flegg said he hadn't. @9NewsBrisbane

equity this, equity that.. Gerard couldn't run a chook raffle.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Dr Flegg says he doesn't believe he ever met Toni McHugh. He says he'd been into the real estate office once or twice. #badenclay

Dr Flegg is now being questioned by the defence. #badenclay

Dr Flegg had some social contact with Gerard, mostly through chamber of commerce functions, went to a show together #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0