The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 36s

Botanist Dr Gordon Guymer is back giving evidence on Day 10 of #badenclay trial. Now being cross examined @NewsTalk4BC

Thank you so much to our tweeting birdies - I hope you know how much we all appreciate it! Here's to another revealing day...

You're very welcome!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 36s

Defence going through which leaves are 'fresh' and which have fallen #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 28s

Dr Guymer says a mix of old and fresh fishbone fern in the samples from Allison's body #badenclay

Morning all!!! Come on, let's go let's go!! Praying for something good today!!!! :)

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 41s

Day 10 has begun. Gordon Guymer is being cross examined by #badenclay barrister. @9NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s

We've started with botanist Dr Gordon Guymer back on the stand. He's being questioned by the defence. #badenclay

Defence is asking Dr Guymer whether Cat's Claw Creeper is a common weed. He agrees that is true. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Dr Guymer says in his road surveys in Brookfield he went along the edge of properties, didn't go into yards #badenclay

TEN News Queensland ‏@tennewsqld 54s

#BadenClay: Day 10 of the Baden-Clay trial is underway. Botanist Dr Gordon Guymer is back on the stand. #TenNews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 35s

Dr Guymer accepts plants and leaves flow down rivers. He noticed Chinese elm leaves but not the others #badenclay

Defence says Dr Guymer was looking for growing plants not debris at Kholo Creek. He agrees #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Dr Guymer is being asked whether he looked for plant debris rather than just plants. #badenclay

Dr Guymer is also asked whether plant debris can't move up and down the creek. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s

Defence suggesting debris commonly flows down creeks. Dr Guymer says he saw no more than expected #badenclay

Just saying... there hasn't really been anything that we didn't already know come to light so far???

We'd not heard about the plant matter found in Captiva.

Hoping for a match up between that & leaves from Kholo ;)

10:09am: Dr Gordon Guymer has returned to the witness box this morning to be cross-examined by Mr Baden-Clay's defence barrister Michael Byrne QC.

He told the court yesterday he identified leaves found entwined in Allison Baden-Clay's hair and also clinging to her arms.

He said he identified Crepe myrtle, Cats Claw Creeper, Fishbone fern, Lilly *Pilly, Chinese elm and Eucalypt leaves.

10:03am: The 10th day of the trial is under way in Court 11.

Gerard Baden-Clay is seated in the dock wearing the same dark suit and glasses he has worn for the duration of the trial thus far.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35baHwtiV

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Dr Guymer has finished giving evidence #badenclay

Dr Guymer has finished his evidence. #badenclay

Damn, no more about the plant matter found in the car?

Now on the stand is Sergeant Greg Matthies, who spoke to Gerard at the command post. #badenclay

The court is about to be played a recording of their conversation. #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 59s

A recording of when #badenclay turned up at police command post at Brookfield is about to be played to court. @7NewsBrisbane

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

Witness 66 is Sgt Greg Matthews, who set up forward command post at Brookfield Showgrounds on 21st April 2012. #badenclay @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

Prosecution has tendered recording of Gerard #badenclay and police from 21 April 2012. @9NewsBrisbane

WS just booted me off for a moment!

10:15am: Mr Byrne asked Dr Guymer about the leaves he spotted he Kholo Creek when he examined the area in the months after Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found.

Dr Guymer said he had spotted Chinese Elm leaves floating in the creek.

He also acknowledged that Cats Claw Creeper was among Australia's worst weeds.

He further acknowledged that leaves from the creeper could be carried long distances in the wind.

Dr Guymer has been excused.

10:17am: The 63rd witness Sergeant Gregory Matthews has been called to the stand.

The officer from The Gap was responsible for setting up the police command post at the Brookfield Showgrounds during the search for Mrs Baden-Clay.

Mr Baden-Clay visited the command post and spoke to Sergeant Matthews.

Their conversation was recorded.

The recording is being played to the court.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35bcFho00

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m

The officer is asking Gerard to take a seat. Asks how he is. "Sh**house," Gerard replies. #badenclay
Gerard is telling the officer he went to bed 10pm the night before last. He says he "wasn't feeling great". #badenclay
He says he woke just after 6am "and she wasn't there". That's not unusual, he says. She goes walking. #badenclay
Gerard: She had told me the night before that she wanted to leave the house at 7am. #badenclay
Gerard: She and a property manager were going to a conference yesterday and she was really looking forward to that. #badenclay
Gerard tells the officer he's a heavy sleeper. He says there was "evidence" that she had come to bed. #badenclay
Gerard: When I went to make the bed ... her side of the doona was folded back as well. #badenclay

TEN News Queensland ‏@tennewsqld 2m

#BadenClay: Sergeant Greg Matthies from The Gap police station has taken the stand. He set up the area at #Brookfiled as command post.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 3m

A new recording of Gerard's conversation with police at the time is about to be played to court #badenclay
The recording is April 21 2012, day after he reported Allison missing. Asked how he's feeling, Gerard says 'sh**house' #badenclay
Gerard says he went to bed about 10pm, he wasn't feeling great #badenclay
Gerard explains they own a real estate agency, Allison had been looking forward to a conference #badenclay
Gerard says he woke up just after 6am, she wasn't there, that wasn't unusual #badenclay
Gerard: my brain was spinning #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 3m

Sgt Matthews tells court #badenclay turned up at command post. Conversation was recorded. @abcnews

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 5m

A recording of when #badenclay turned up at police command post at Brookfield is about to be played to court. @7NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 40s

In recording officer asks #badenclay if he thought Allison had come to bed that night, Gerard says yes he thinks she did. @9NewsBrisbane

Gerard: I checked my email on the toilet. (laughs) #badenclay

Gerard: I got up and did my usual routine '****, shower shave' #badenclay

Gerard: I got up and started doing my usual routine, you know, ****, shower and shave. #badenclay

She told me she wanted to leave the house at about 7am - Gerard #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 43s

In recording, #badenclay is going through again what he says happened on 19/20th April 2012. @abcnews

Gerard: asked daughter to help him put a bandaid on #badenclay

Gerard: then I started shaving, was running back and forth to Sarah, rushing, cut myself #badenclay

Gerard: I started shaving ... I was rushing and cut myself, which everyone is so concerned about. #badenclay

TEN News Queensland ‏@tennewsqld 1m

#BadenClay: A recording is being played of Gerard talking to police. He says there was evidence she came to bed the night she disappeared

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 1m

Jury now being played another recorded police IV with Gerard #badenclay 2 days after Allison reported missing @9NewsBrisbane

Gerard says he was surprised his middle daughter wasn't up. He found her awake in her room. She said "where's mummy?". #badenclay

Gerard: I was a bit surprised my middle daughter wasn't up, normally up at sparrows #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s

Gerard reads out the text message he sent to Allison #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s

Gerard says he sent her a text message saying nobody was up yet. He is reading it out to the officer. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

#badenclay again telling police he cut himself shaving. I was rushing, which everyone is so concerned about, he says. @9NewsBrisbane

Gerard: Started getting worried, sent her a text message. Realises he has confused the times, corrects himself #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 32s

Wrap of yesterday's #badenclay trial evidence: Scream heard on the night Allison Baden-Clay died ‘distressing’ http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...died-distressing/story-e6frg6nf-1226965608283 …

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 36s

Gerard told daughter maybe mummy's put her phone on silent #badenclay

Gerard says he called Allison "and no reply". He says one of the girls suggested her phone might be on silent. #badenclay

We're hearing a recording of Gerard talking to police April 21, 2012 #badenclay http://bit.ly/1jfL2ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme