The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely and totally confused. What would be the term for manslaughter, and what would happen to the proceeds of Allison's estate were he to admit to manslaughter?

If he is going to try to change it to manslaughter, IMO he should be punished just as heavily as for murder, for putting the family, his girls, friends and the community through the huge strain of a trial (including the financial cost to the taxpayers) when he could have admitted manslaughter at the very start. Grrrrrrrrr!

:seeya:

He should give evidence in his defence. If one is to shoot oneself in the foot, one must first take aim. :praying:

Perhaps this is when he says it was Bruce Overland who done it. Not Gerrid.

All members of Roundabouts Anonymous gather round, and repeat after me:

Breathe in... Breathe out.... Relax...

And have another virtual Valium transmitted via WiFi again....

:floorlaugh: The least they could do is give us that info. Some of us stayed up to all hours watching the cctv footage way back when... we may never have the answers to that it seems.

this is the watershed moment for the defence.. not for the prosecution. The prosecution is ready to roll on..

I have been mighty curious as to whom Gerard's defence witnesses would be, since they all appeared, to me, to be prosecution witnesses.. for the life of me, I have not been able to figure out just who he would call. Character witnesses?? possible, but.. he borrowed money of them all, so.. . Forensic disputation?? . seems not..

Himself?? as his only defence witness?? now is the time for that decision to be made.

He's going to plead guilty to manslaughter (or whatever the correct legal term is) IMO. Just my opinion.

I not into "star gazing" etc, but last night, after a late night catching up on WS, that was my exact dream (nightmare) - he plead guilty to manslaughter. I wasn't going to say anything til now, but that's the honest truth. I hope my dream doesn't become reality.

does anyone know if the Pastor is calling himself Pastor Baden Walton now?? I merely enquire.. I understand Olivia is portraying herself as Baden Walton, and I am curious if the Pastor, he of the crank up against any press reports, has followed suit?

And I was wanting to hear evidence from Baden-Scraps and Baden-Caterpillar :(

I'm a bit behind but Alioop doesn't appear to here with us on he forum, so hopefully that means she is there in court so will be able to explain is all to us soon, along with dear itsthevibe - and whatif are you there too?

And the scratches.?

GBC has offered an explanation (of sorts) to the scratches and that will be considered by the jury. Neither the leaves nor the blood have been effectively challenged, or explained, by the defence and this makes them very important to the prosecution case which is entirely circumstantial.

Without any alternate explanation or challenge the jury are free to draw their own conclusions based on the prosecutions case.

If he is going to try to change it to manslaughter, IMO he should be punished just as heavily as for murder, for putting the family, his girls, friends and the community through the huge strain of a trial (including the financial cost to the taxpayers) when he could have admitted manslaughter at the very start. Grrrrrrrrr!

Yes exactly!!...

CRIMINAL CODE - SECT 310

310 Punishment of manslaughter

Any person who commits the crime of manslaughter is liable to imprisonment for life.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s310.html

All members of Roundabouts Anonymous gather round, and repeat after me:

Breathe in... Breathe out.... Relax...

And have another virtual Valium transmitted via WiFi again....

:grouphug:

:HHJP:

marly are you saying maybe no defence witnesses ??????????????

Yes, possibly no defence witnesses at all. They've used their cross exam of prosecution witnesses to try and raise reasonable doubt.

Gosh I'd love GBC to get up there though.....

WTH?! Feeling very underwhelmed here - and angry! All that time wasted on countless razor experts, when that one was obvious. Then they've skimmed over the rest. There really wasn't a sense of any hard lines of questioning either. Wondering if there could be some freemasons or Baden-Powell or LNP related pressure going on behind closed doors? JMHO.

The summing up better be brilliant otherwise this effort seems lame as.

I was thinking along the same lines, very worried that this hasn't gone well. Explains why that family are looking so smug:banghead :-(

I not into "star gazing" etc, but last night, after a late night catching up on WS, that was my exact dream (nightmare) - he plead guilty to manslaughter. I wasn't going to say anything til now, but that's the honest truth. I hope my dream doesn't become reality.

He can plead guilty to manslaughter.. but then, the prosecution has the decision to make as to whether they will accept that plea.. Gerard making the plea is no where near a trump card.. its highly likely, more likely than not, in my amateur opinion that the prosecution will not, under any circumstances accept that plea.

Is he going to plead guilty to manslaughter?? Is that why the brother is here. The clan presenting a united front to kiss GBC good by at the Arthur Gorrie Gates?

!2 years??

True.....but can the prosecution really believe this is a strong enough case to get him for premeditated murder?

Murder doesn't have to be premeditated - just have to have intent to kill at the time of killing - correct me if I'm wrong Ali or anyone ....

2:52pm: The agreed facts also include:

* That Allison Baden-Clay contacted an insurance broker on April 17, 2012, to reduce the sum ensure and the premium with respect to life insurance policies for herself and her husband.

* That on May 1, 2012, Mr Baden-Clay contacted Asteron Life Insurance to determine how a claim should be made on his wife's life insurance policy.

2:43pm: Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC is now reading a list of the agreed facts in the case to the jury.

Among the agreed facts is that Mr Baden-Clay's mobile telephone was connected to a charging device at 1.48am on April 20, 2012.

Mr Baden-Clay's mobile phone was removed from the charger at 6.18am the following day.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35csigHAX

I wonder how they know it was in fact Allison who contacted the Broker on April 17th, if the contact was by phone it could have been Olivia or EBC.

Like I said yesterday - he's a gambler !
This is just another gamble he's taking, let's hope he loses this as well - whatever it may be !

I wonder if this is why his brother has arrived at this time, to support his parents.

Does anyone honestly think that NBC will face a charge ? Maybe obstructing the course of justice or accessory after the fact...

I was thinking along the same lines, very worried that this hasn't gone well. Explains why that family are looking so smug:banghead :-(

If he gets manslaughter I don't think we should feel we have failed. Together with the other charge that is still a long time in jail and is admitting it was his actions. I am feeling more relieved at that possibility than him getting off totally and walking into the sunset with Toni, the insurance money and the girls....