The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he allowed to waffle on with such irrelevant detail, when most witnesses have been allowed to say very little and are dismissed quickly?

Just as well Laser it wasn't Byrne's choice. I have no doubt he was heavily counselled against taking the stand...but Narcissists like Gerred want their time in the sun...

I thought Byrne was long winded but after hearing Gerry....Byrne's oration was a synopsis.

Yes the defence and GBC were quite late in this morning weren't they - would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall at their meeting beforehand...

Just as well Laser it wasn't Byrne's choice. I have no doubt he was heavily counselled against taking the stand...but Narcissists like Gerred want their time in the sun...

I thought Byrne was long winded but after hearing Gerry....Byrne's oration was a synopsis.

:cheer:

WWGY and I were there in court today. Biggest crowd I have seen to date. No doubt WWGY will tell the version of events in due course. If it wasn't for WWGY I would never had made it into court today.

But here is my version of events. I couldn't believe how incredibly boring Byrne was today he took nearly two hours to go through GBC's history with Allison, then GBC takes the stand and we hear it from him. OMG

'you will hear GBC discuss frankly and openly about his infidelities'
'you will hear GBC discuss frankly and openly his business ups and downs'
'you will hear GBC discuss frankly and openly his love for his girls'
'you will hear GBC discuss frankly and openly how he got those scratches'
he just didn't stop......UGH!

And of course GBC was freshly shaven (no scratches anywhere in sight I was slightly disappointed - didn't they think it would increase his credibility to maybe repeat the episode and show he was ***** at shaving?) He was wearing a yellow shirt and tie, obviously in Allison's honour. :sick:
And was dabbing his eyes when he struck a fond memory of his passed wife.

When GBC got on the stand - I was expecting a bit less of an intro to the soap opera life of the BC's but holy Toledo - it was worse than the freakin Barrister. The Barrister started at the beginning and was not leaving a stone unturned. He was on and on and on -from when they first met to about the times Allison & GBC had in Sth America and such detailed stories about each place where Allison got sick - and stayed in bed all day and let him go out and explore.

One of the most interesting parts was mentioned by WWGY in court today GBC's team have set up a routine/excuse for for the phone to be replaced on the charger at 1:18am. Allison 'apparently' took GBC's phone as soon as he got home to check it and handed it back to him in the morning. So ostensibly, Allison would have had to put in on the charger - hope the Prosecution have a way to make this bit of trouble go away.

I couldn't listen to anymore of GBC's drivel - I had enough of the stupid happy family story that began as a fairytale and ended up with him belittling and gaslighting Allison.

Thanks for the report. Do you can any idea of how the jury were thru all that nonsense???

Can anyone who has been in Court tell me if they have noticed any interaction or acknowledgment between the Dickies and BC's at all?
Wondering if the girls have anything to do with the senior BC's now.

Much as the BC family leave me cold, I feel for them if they have lost contact with their granddaughters and vice versa for the girls.

I know no one likes GBC and I think he is guilty.

But depression is not a character flaw.

When he says she had depression he is not attacking her character.

If there were things she couldn't do due to depression it is no more a character flaw than if she couldn't do things due to a broken leg.

I am not taking anything he says as being against Allison or an insult to her.

I couldn't disagree more... I'm seeing my sisters ex all over again. Except he didn't murder her, he emotionally abused her until she attempted suicide and then he went around saying this same rot about her mental health so that everyone felt sorry for him and thought he was a top bloke because he endured so much because of her depression!!

Different men - same mould!!

MOO

thank you for being there for Allison's family, supporters and us here. :tyou:

I agree 100% about the belittling and gaslighting!!!

Could you see if GBC shed any tears? How was his voice? Sorry for the questions, I've had it already and I wasn't even there to hear it in person. lol

Thanks Liadan - I'd love to hear this too, esp since we've seen his fake crying performances before.

You're our first eye witness to make it home today so we're jumping on you for details! :)

yes. Imagine the rage at having to be home every night at 5 and having his phone checked? (if that did indeed happen (we only have what he told his work partners) - I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was reversed too and that he checked up on Alison. Cheaters can become irrationally jealous themselves, cos they think everyone else acts like them)

That's reminded me of something in one the witness statements I think - about GBC being jealous early on regarding Allison's 'previous relationships'

The prosecution will cross examine him when his lawyers have finished with his evidence. Then the defence can ask him questions on re direct, just to clear something up. But the defence will sum up last after the defence closes their case.

Alioop: I asked this way back today & don't want/can't go back thru the thread ( I don't want to read all that #$%#% again ) .............are the prosecution able to call up witnesses at this stage to refute all the rubbish he is saying about Allison ( ie her parents, siblings & friends ).

Sorry again for a probably silly question :blushing:

( sorry if you had already replied )

Are we to believe that Allison watched the footy show and sat up late, checked G's phone and saw he had been in touch with Tone, put the phone on the charger and got changed into XXL track suit pants and went outside, smacked her head in the back of the car, and walked off onto the night?

How will the jury reconcile the intercom/baby-monitor between the kitchen and the garage? Allison's mum said it inhibited Allison on the phone so she couldn't talk honestly and Gerard says it was so Allison could call him upstairs if she needed him.

Prior evidence portraying Gerard as controlling is plausibly refuted by Gerard as being in Allison's best interest.

One of those conundrums that if he is innocent he's a nice guy and Allison was paranoid but if he's a socio-path he's true to type.

He also went to the psychiatrist with her for some months (not just driving her, but attending the visits with her and the psychiatrist). How inhibiting this must have been for Allison, not giving her the opportunity to speak freely. So sad.

I couldn't disagree more... I'm seeing my sisters ex all over again. Except he didn't murder her, he emotionally abused her until she attempted suicide and then he went around saying this same rot about her mental health so that everyone felt sorry for him and thought he was a top bloke because he endured so much because of her depression!!

Different men - same mould!!

MOO

I am very disturbed by what your sister went through. Hugs to you

This should have been heard at Anz stadium, cause everyone would have paid big$ to watch this drongo dig a bigger hole. I'm sure they could patch it up :blushing:
Make a mockery of of justice system, take whome ever chosen .. down too,
and If he gets off ,because he's a good lier, ... Cunning little man. :floorlaugh:
all I can say is... Go for it ... :fence:
Murder whoever you want, :seeya:
as long as you are good at making speeches , and understand the 5 th ammendment. Ie, wait till the end, to tell the lies, um, I meant the truth. :blushing:
I hate this <modsnip>. Narcissistswith psychosis , need to be exposed. ;(

Are we to believe that Allison watched the footy show and sat up late, checked G's phone and saw he had been in touch with Tone, put the phone on the charger and got changed into XXL track suit pants and went outside, smacked her head in the back of the car, and walked off onto the night?

We need you on the prosecution team, asap

Allison realised she wasn't the problem. This is when physical danger arises. Once they realise that you know you've been manipulated and those tactics won't work anymore, it threatens their ego and false self. You withdraw their narcissistic supply, they get mad, you have the power to bring them undone if other people find out the truth, they can't have that.

Alioop: I asked this way back today & don't want/can't go back thru the thread ( I don't want to read all that #$%#% again ) .............are the prosecution able to call up witnesses at this stage to refute all the rubbish he is saying about Allison ( ie her parents, siblings & friends ).

No, the defence is unable to call additional witnesses.

He also went to the psychiatrist with her for some months (not just driving her, but attending the visits with her and the psychiatrist). How inhibiting this must have been for Allison, not giving her the opportunity to speak freely. So sad.

Could it have been inhibiting? Absolutely, but it also may be the case that he sat in on the consultations on Allison's request. Not being a psychiatrist or a medical professional at all for that matter, I'm not qualified to state this absolutely but I'd be astounded if a psychiatrist would continue seeing a patient if he/she was of the opinion that a third party was pressuring the patient to attend all of their consultations.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Gerard says they had cleared customs on their honeymoon and their families called down to them that Princess Di had died. #badenclay

What on earth does that have to do with anything?! :banghead:

thank you for being there for Allison's family, supporters and us here. :tyou:

I agree 100% about the belittling and gaslighting!!!

Could you see if GBC shed any tears? How was his voice? Sorry for the questions, I've had it already and I wasn't even there to hear it in person. lol

I was fortunate to speak briefly with one of Allison's family members as WWGY and I agreed they should get seats before the general public crowd. We both wanted to make sure she got a seat. As you know in the main court room they have limited the families to 8 seats each. So after those 8 seats are filled, Allisons family have to line up to get seats just like the public. 'Quite frankly and openly' its a FARCE!

At the first opportunity available GBC shed tears, he wasn't on the stand for 10mins and his hanky was out and he was fogging up his spectacles. I can't recall the trigger - maybe something along the lines how he knew Allison was the one he felt he would marry.

Please feel free to ask away!

Allison realised she wasn't the problem. This is when physical danger arises. Once they realise that you know you've been manipulated and those tactics won't work anymore, it threatens their ego and false self. You withdraw their narcissistic supply, they get mad, you have the power to bring them undone if other people find out the truth, they can't have that.

And the fun's gone out of it for them

What jolly hi-jinks it must have been for him to be centre of attention in the lives of two women, eh? How gratifying to his ego. Able to vent his hatred of women, watching them suffer, watching them humiliate themselves, knowing he was centre of their energies and attention -- and loathing both of them

What on earth does that have to do with anything?! :banghead:

ALL MY OPINION ONLY.....

What he is doing here - by dropping the well known celebrity historical facts is trying to show that he has not made this all up - he remembers all of this BECAUSE of certain things happening around the world at that same time. Problem is - because he is doing this with everything he says - it is starting to sound contrived.

Hope the jury is smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member