The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we heard no further about the chequered pyjamas.

Roll on Monday!!

Thanks again to the tweeters etc on here. I would help but have no idea about twitter and I'm playing mummy to a week old zebra finch plus trying to do 2 cake orders lol. I admit the cakes are a tad behind due to being stuck to the screen here though.
:cupcake: JUSTICE FOR ALLISON :cupcake:

Now this part is finished if gererd changes his plea do they go back to court straight away or do they have to wait till Monday? I doubt he will but just wondered :)

I can't see him being the type to waiver an inch.

If someone is a narcissist, you're in the most danger you've ever been in if you threaten to withdraw narcissistic supply, ie: ending the relationship.

You know, I was just thinking about the kids toys being sent off to charity. Nothing unusual in that, but I'm just wondering about the timing.

If Allison was starting to think she'd had enough, and was secretly planning/considering divorce, starting to organise things like that would be an early move to make - getting rid of excess things around the house in anticipation of a move.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m

#badenclay did not call any of Allison's friends for information until after he reported her missing to police.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 47s

He agrees that he took the little car - Sparky, the Captiva - out to search

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s

Fuller: but your Prado was parked in the driveway, there wasn't significant damage to it #badenclay

Why would he take Alison's car out searching when for all he knew she might return in his absence,get dressed for the conference and want to drive it there?

True, but hiding it is enabling it.

Which is why it's hidden in the first place and denied when queried...

But yes : certainly choice people should be trusted with the truth.

Sadly in Allison's case it wouldn't have made a difference if she'd told her husband's family : they gave him as many excuses as he gives himself and atrociously the BC's who testified - blamed Allison for the behaviour GBC chose to do...

Definition of an adult : accepting responsibility for your own actions.

GBC : immature, irresponsible, inexcusable.

jmo

at this point, in this trial, I am astounded at Alisons level of resilience.. she was clearly living with a sociopath with narcissistic tendencies of an extreme level.. a sexual predator, a sexual incompetent, a sexual deviant, a sexual oppressor, a priapic blackmailer, an established and chronic compulsive liar, a defrauder, an imposter, an embezzler, a manic depressive, a murderer..

how she lasted 15 years is an emphatic testimony to her incredible resilience in the face of this barrage of psychotic and criminal behaviour, without being a murderer herself..

Top post Trooper

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Gerard says if the girls made a sound, they could hear it clearly through the house. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 39s
The court is being shown the floor plan of the house again. Gerard is discussing how sound travels. #badenclay

But according to Gerard he was a heavy sleeper and didn't hear a thing. It was a big house - I doubt you would be able to hear everything that went on especially when thei main bedroom was at the opposite end of the house to the girls' bedrooms. Once children are asleep (in some cases) you could have fireworks going on outside and they wouldn't stir. I get the impression the girls were/are very quiet and well behaved. I feel so sorry for them.

I wonder what TM is doing right now?

I got 50 Bux that says she is thumbing over her printouts of bruce Overland emails, as usual , as she does every day and night, and mooning away about their love, and their life, and their blended family, and how he is there for her, and how he is going to come to her unconditionally and ...

but you get my drift.. ...

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 51s

#badenclay says Toni visited family home... they had sex on spare bed and on mattress in loungeroom. @7NewsBrisbane

Was the mattress in the loungeroom where he usually slept?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s
Fuller: You killed your wife Mr Baden-Clay. Gerard: No I did not. #badenclay

*faints* :thud:

I've been waiting for this. Still catching up, real life happened to get in the way. :p

You know, I was just thinking about the kids toys being sent off to charity. Nothing unusual in that, but I'm just wondering about the timing.

If Allison was starting to think she'd had enough, and was secretly planning/considering divorce, starting to organise things like that would be an early move to make - getting rid of excess things around the house in anticipation of a move.

I think it was on the cards. She was committed to working on the marriage but had to have a plan in case it didn't work. She was doing her bit but could she trust him to do his?

Thank you tweeters for your usual brilliance :loveyou: :loveyou:

Playing the suicide card is all they had, The defence had nothing and no one to testify in GBs favour.

I had post natal depression and was in a psychiatric hospital with my newborn daughter for the first 7 weeks of her life and didn't feel remotely normal until she was about 6 months old...... I've suffered with anxiety my whole life and had bouts of depression and I had thought about suicide but would never actually do anything about it. Especially having a daughter, the thought of someone bringing up my daughter in place of me is more than enough to stop you putting the thought into action.

For Allison to have not had those thoughts and have had 3 beautiful daughters, I am not convinced that she would have left them without her and the possibility if TM stepping in and taking her role as mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gobsmacked!
Psychologists can be bought for the Defense case?
Evidence for the Defense gathered through file/notes third-hand, detatched, academic research, then report approved of by Psych Prof at Griffith Uni?
Attempt to attribute credibility by saying report had been proof-read by the Prof? So what! It's all academic, detached, generalized.

Allison's treating professionals,accredited practicing clinicians, gave their evidence from direct practice with her as their patient/client. She was not suicidal.
Dr Tom George stated that Allison was 'attached' to her girls. Her family, friends and loved ones knew she was attached to her girls. She would never leave them.
Attachment is a protective factor against suicide IMO. She also had her family of origin, and long-time friends, as well as school friends and acquaintances.
These provided protective factors against the 'grief' she experienced with her marriage.

Allison demonstrated a history of seeking help when needed.

Based on the evidence, the murderer is solely responsible for the act of murder. IMO she was taken from this world, against her will.

IMO she was murdered without knowing the full extent of the business disaster crisis or ongoing relationship crisis with TMcH.

[An aside, there is much to learn from this case in terms of clinical practice where mental health symptoms co-exist within a marriage which does not work, and has evolved to be detrimental to well being; where decisions to stay/leave become more complicated because dependent children are involved; where a family of origin system exists where one of the marriage partners remains 'primarily' attached and has not graduated to form adult attachments; where doctors treat only the symptoms with medications ignoring the relational aspects of marriage and family systems; and where counsellors prescribe 'best practice' without assessing the 'safety & risk' factors versus protective factors given that most couples present in relationship crisis. Then, on top of all that, IMO the ethically questionable use of psychology as we have witnessed above]. My opinion only.

JMO but to me the prosecution case was underwhelming.
Of course they had little to work with.

This trial won't be the end of it but rather just the beginning.
There will be an appeal if GBC is found guilty.
But will the jury be able to reach a unanimous decision?

For this writer, who badly wanted GBC to be nailed, this trial has been the stuff of nightmares.
Allison and her family deserved better than this.

GBC will never be guilty of murder; not in his eyes nor the eyes of his family.

I'm angry if you never guessed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member