The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in court today who can give us a rundown of feeling and observations???

I was only there from 10am until the break at 11.45. Todd Fuller was very impressive during that time. He went to great lengths (with photos) detailing how the body was rolled off a ledge UNDER the bridge, and how the area around and under the bridge is completely different today to how it was in 2012. I will do a summing up of my morning in court.
I'm definitely returning to court in the morning.

I'm really hoping Olivia will give another of her famous speeches on the courthouse stairs...

That will be after the verdict.
It will begin something like this.........
"A terrible miscarriage of justice has occurred..........an innocent man......."
IMO

Still catching up - thanks all for posting updates. Fuller seems to be doing a great job from what I have read.

One thing - if he thinks she dressed herself then that's the end of the pants being too big theory ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4:42pm Wrap: This afternoon ...

* Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC continued his closing address to the jury.

* He spoke of the scratches which appeared on Mr Baden-Clay's face on the morning he reported his wife missing. Mr Fuller said the scratches were "damning" and linked the real estate agent to an act of violence "without a doubt".

* Mr Fuller also spoke the pressures on Mr Baden-Clay's life at the time of his wife's disappearance - the pressure from his wife, his long-time mistress Toni McHugh and his flagging business.

* He also showed the court pages from Mrs Baden-Clay's journal indicating the mother-of-three longed for the love her husband and was determined to make her marriage work.

"I would give anything if my partner would love me and make love to me," Mrs Baden-Clay wrote in 2010.

"I am afraid of losing my marriage - being a single mum - my husband leaving - my marriage failing."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-16-week-5-20140708-3bjkw.html#ixzz36rBU0K8w

Wow- Fuller is masterful .think I'm even developing a crush on him now? !?
A HUGE thank you to our tireless tweet repeaters - you have done an awesome job.
Fuller has exceeded my hopes for his effort today - a true champ!

I was only there from 10am until the break at 11.45. Todd Fuller was very impressive during that time. He went to great lengths (with photos) detailing how the body was rolled off a ledge UNDER the bridge, and how the area around and under the bridge is completely different today to how it was in 2012. I will do a summing up of my morning in court.
I'm definitely returning to court in the morning.
I think I will go tomorrow morning too. WHat is best time to get there?

A big thank you to all today that relayed the tweets. It was appreciated very much:)

I think I will go tomorrow morning too. WHat is best time to get there?

I arrived at 9.15am and lined up at the Banco Court - level 3. Less people and a shorter queue this morning compared to yesterday which surprised me.

WOW what a day!!!

Big thanks to everyone who helped with the updates. Big thanks to everyone for being here for Allison.

Truckload of sunflowers....take a bunch...

2s97jtj.jpg

Thank you for a bunch of Allison's favorite flowers!
Btw: Who was driving a dent into that car? GBC?

Wow...very thorough...Gerred must almost be having an outer body experience.

I would be so interested to know how he is feeling. I seriously doubt whether he has ever had a mirror held up to him in this way before, in his whole life.

She will be feeling very conflicted. She has asked for the truth and it is not to her liking.......

She did say that "the truth will be revealed" and some of it was revealed today by Todd Fuller. The rest will be revealed by Todd tomorrow.:loveyou:

4.30pm: Mr Fuller turned his attention to the pressures Gerard Baden-Clay faced from his wife, his mistress Toni McHugh and his business.

He queried Baden-Clay’s references to where he was when Princess Dianna died or the “Monopoly” lifestyle he shared with his wife in London early in their marriage.

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay was in denial he was under any pressure with respect to his wife, his business and his mistress.

He said that despite his apparent level of concern for his wife and her depressive illness the accused never sought out the help of Dr Tom George around the time of her death.

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay had a good thing with Ms McHugh but the ground rules were changed when his wife discovered the affair.

He said Ms Baden-Clay curtailed her husband’s ability to meet with Ms McHugh, joined the business and dragged him to counselling.

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay told his work colleagues he still loved Ms McHugh, even after his wife discovered the affair, in September, 2011.

“Not quite the man confessing, turning over a new leaf, heading off to repair his marriage. He told you he wasn’t a man who wanted to put his family in jeopardy, but that’s what he did over those four years,” he said.

He said the accused was so supportive of his wife’s depression that he had an affair with a colleague, Michelle Hammond.

Mr Fuller said Ms McHugh told the jury she admired his drive and the way he made people feel they had something to contribute.

He said Ms McHugh described their relationship as “up and down” and even when he returned home to put his children in bed, he would go out again to meet her at her unit or the office.

Mr Fuller asked the jury whether there would be times in their own lives when they wouldn’t bounce into work or the office like normal.

He asked whether that could be what happened to Ms Baden-Clay.

Mr Fuller showed the jury Ms Baden-Clay’s journal.

He said it was unclear when the journal entries commenced, whether it was October 24, 2010.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226980999956

Well that was exciting! Thank you to all for your tweets, insights and Witt. Mr fuller is my hero :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Fuller read out the list she had written in it: exercise, affirmations and supplements.

I have a loving marriage with a wonderful relationship and great sex.

He read through an entry from April, 2010 which said she was grateful for a loving text from her husband and the fact she could have her hair done and buy a new top.

He turned the page to April 18, 2010. Ms Baden-Clay wrote of being grateful for driving a flash car.

Mr Fuller took the jury to the next day, adding that she was grateful for “G” being a gadget person.

The next one, he said, was dated May 5, 2010 and the last June 1, 2010.

He said the sixth entry said she was grateful for “Snowy, the Prado”.

Mr Fuller said Ms Baden-Clay went to see Dr Lawrence Lumsden by December, 2010.

He showed the jury a page from Ms Baden-Clay’s journal titled “daily disciplines”.

He took the jury to Ms Baden-Clay’s thoughts on August 23, 2010.

It was a list which said she was happiest when with her family and friends. The fourth point said she was angry when she felt she was treated unfairly. Another said she hated it when her fat bulged over her pants.

He said the eighth point she wrote was “I would give anything if my partner would make love to me”.

Another read she wished her marriage was like it had been before the ceremony.

“If my relationship ends it will be because G has had enough and doesn’t love me anymore…,” Mr Fuller read out.

Another point she wrote said: “My partner hates it when I sabotage our parenting…”

Mr Fuller read further points from the diary to the jury, adding that she was afraid of losing her marriage, being a single mum, her husband leaving.

He read: “Maybe I am still harbouring regrets about getting marriage and did I make the right decision?”

Mr Fuller read another line from the journal in which Ms Baden-Clay wrote she did not want to go overseas with him and instead wanted to change her career and be famous.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226980999956

“Gerard stood in my way and I have treated him like **** because I held this belief…” she wrote.

Mr Fuller said the jury might think Allison Baden-Clay’s harshest critic was herself.

“She knew he didn’t love her. She has had Kerry-Anne Walker suggest to her that maybe he is having an affair,” he said.

Mr Fuller said Ms Baden-Clay did not return to depression on finding out of the affair but instead gave him an ultimatum: “her or me”.

He said Ms Baden-Clay returned to the work place to share her husband’s passions, goals and energy.

“How did he repay that? By putting an app on his phone…, by deleting his phone calls, by contacting her via an email account his wife didn’t know about and of course, telling some staff in his office that he still loved the other woman,” he said.

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay told a counsellor he did not believe depression was an illness and a person could “snap out of it”.

He said the accused told Ms McHugh he would be with her unconditionally by July 1, 2012.

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay’s relationship with his mistress was now quite different and they no longer had unfettered access, but instead stole moments together in brief windows.

He showed the jury Baden-Clay’s secret email to Ms McHugh on April 3, 2012: “I have given you a commitment and I intent to stick to it – I will be separated by 1 July.”

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay was in love with Ms McHugh but was “straddling the fence” and did not have “the courage to go” or to stay.

“Does that not show the pressure… that this man was in on the 19th of April, 2012?” he said.

He showed the jury another email from the accused to his wife on April 11, 2012.

“This is agony for me too. I love you. I’m sorry you hung up on me. It sounded like you were getting very angry. I love you GG. Leave things to me now. I love you. GM,” he read.

Mr Fuller said Baden-Clay could have told Ms McHugh it was over but did not.

“Now, he’s under a tighter leash,” he said.

He said Ms McHugh told the accused it was okay if he chose his wife.

“You might think she was an intelligent woman… She fell for the Baden-Clay product and she fell hard. She was obviously in love with this man,” he said.

That has my vote for Quote Of The Day.

I got a belly laugh out of camp chairs earlier one too. Wish I could find it again - about Fuller and the cigar & not to tell mr camp chair. Light relief at a tense moment :)

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s
Fuller points out Allison's mention of Gerard "being a gadget person". [/QUOTE]

A gadget person who can't use a mower, blower or whipper snipper. Really handy.
His laziness will be his undoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member