The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion,
In the article about the lost ring may be clue it says that Princess Blue was 17 + or - 2 years so is it possible she could still be as young as 15 years and not older than 19? How is doenetwork estimating she may be 16-22 years of age? Was Princess Blue attending school somewhere I wonder or a drop out? If someone did murder Princess Blue and dumped her where she was found (I hate saying that :( ) they most likely didn't go very far to do that. The counties that surround Brazoria are Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston, Matagorda & Wharton. Could she have come from any of those counties? Besides the class ring whatelse do we have to go on? What other avenues can we explore?

Hmmm. She was estimated to be between 16 and 22. It is possible that she may have wanted to appear older than she was, and we haven't thought of that, yet.

I think it is more likely that she felt very close to whom ever the ring belonged to. Who knows? She could have been raised by an aunt. She could have been raised by her Mom and dad, by her mom, or by her dad. She could have been in a foster home where they didn't care enough about her to report her missing. Or she could have family still searching.

Are you near Houston? Are you familiar with the county roads in Brazoria county?

Lion

Should we contact any of the local or MSM media with the information on Princess Blue to see if any would cover her story?

So what area's are we talking about? Brazoria and surrounding areas? Whatever local news they have? Thanks.

I think that's a great idea. It would get info out there about the class ring and maybe the owner would see the story.

Someone mentioned to me that emailing to REL alumni via classmates.com might be considered to be spam or to be not so good netiquette. We are emailing or otherwise contacting everyone despite this to see if we can help ID Princess Blue and help give her back to her family. But, we should be careful to do it in an organized manner so as not to send duplicate emails, call people twice, etc... In addition, we will be less likely to overlook alumni members, and we can update according to who we have reached and who we still need to find.

I suggest we hold on to any email or contact info and pause in our sending of emails, making phone calls, etc. until we post a thread on proboards which contains a list of names along with all contact info. Perhaps we can mark an email, "sent", leave it blank so we know to send it, mark any emails that are bad(so we can continue to track them down), and indicate if we have had a response. We will also need to include the same info regarding phone #'s and street addys. This way we know exactly who was contacted, if they replied, and who we still need to track down. What are your thoughts on this, sleuthers?

I do not know how or if it could be done; but, can we make a thread with columns that can be forever updated? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Lion

Lion, I had set this up on the Invisions message board. Is this anything like you mean??

http://someoneknowsme.com/upload/index.php?showtopic=16

Oh and this too:

http://someoneknowsme.com/upload/index.php?showtopic=19
Someone mentioned to me that emailing to REL alumni via classmates.com might be considered to be spam or to be not so good netiquette. We are emailing or otherwise contacting everyone despite this to see if we can help ID Princess Blue and help give her back to her family. But, we should be careful to do it in an organized manner so as not to send duplicate emails, call people twice, etc... In addition, we will be less likely to overlook alumni members, and we can update according to who we have reached and who we still need to find.

I suggest we hold on to any email or contact info and pause in our sending of emails, making phone calls, etc. until we post a thread on proboards which contains a list of names along with all contact info. Perhaps we can mark an email, "sent", leave it blank so we know to send it, mark any emails that are bad(so we can continue to track them down), and indicate if we have had a response. We will also need to include the same info regarding phone #'s and street addys. This way we know exactly who was contacted, if they replied, and who we still need to track down. What are your thoughts on this, sleuthers?

I do not know how or if it could be done; but, can we make a thread with columns that can be forever updated? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Lion

Hi RKnowly:). I was wondering actually if we could set up a specific thread as a stickey with columns or the like, where could have an easy to read list of all alumni with the status of having been contacted and whether or not they replied. Is that possible? Please bear with me, I am just learning about internet forums, chat rooms, how all of this can be set up, etc.., and I may be asking for the impossible.

I am running to the store; but, I will be back at about 8 or 8:30 CST.

Lion

There is a way to share a spreadsheet. If you have a gmail account, you can add collaboraters to your projects. I signed up for someoneknowsme@gmail.com. If you would get a gmail account (free) I can add you all to the list of contributors and you will have access to update any contacts that we make on the spreadsheet.

I'll go ahead and start making the initial alumni sheet with the information that we have so far.

I can't find the individual threads for Princess. There are many up there; but, I am not seeing anything about her up there. Do you know the title of the threads so I can do a search for them? Hey rich, did you start the threads?

Lion

I don't know what you are saying? When I click the link it goes right to the thread I started. I haven't had any hits on them yet. But I figured the are local threads to Houston, Texas and Harris county. The post I started is a variation of your letter to the alumni. c

What I worry about with everyone having access is that we still may duplicate sending out emails or calling someone or overlook someone. What if all those people who have access to changing that information or even access the information all pick the same person or persons to contact at the same time? How can we prevent that from happening? Will each person have a set of names for them to contact or? I think I'm confused myself..happens a lot to me. There's probably a simple answer, lol! :D

I think perhaps if there are 2 people with administrator abilites it would work well. Then if someone other that admin finds out any contact information they could either PM or email those administrators and they could update the spreadsheet.

Right now I almost think we need to wait for a reply from Jay Coffman and get that Durn yearbook before proceeding. Call me insane! LOL

RKnowley

There is a way to share a spreadsheet. If you have a gmail account, you can add collaboraters to your projects. I signed up for someoneknowsme@gmail.com. If you would get a gmail account (free) I can add you all to the list of contributors and you will have access to update any contacts that we make on the spreadsheet.

I'll go ahead and start making the initial alumni sheet with the information that we have so far.

What I worry about with everyone having access is that we still may duplicate sending out emails or calling someone or overlook someone. What if all those people who have access to changing that information or even access the information all pick the same person or persons to contact at the same time? How can we prevent that from happening? Will each person have a set of names for them to contact or? I think I'm confused myself..happens a lot to me. There's probably a simple answer, lol! :D

I think perhaps if there are 2 people with administrator abilites it would work well. Then if someone other that admin finds out any contact information they could either PM or email those administrators and they could update the spreadsheet.

Right now I almost think we need to wait for a reply from Jay Coffman and get that Durn yearbook before proceeding. Call me insane! LOL

RKnowley
cow_joke.jpg

The links you posted doesn't take me to the actual thread/s you started on the Houston Forums. When you click on either of the links you posted it takes me to here: http://www.topix.net/forum/county/harris-tx

I don't know what you are saying? When I click the link it goes right to the thread I started. I haven't had any hits on them yet. But I figured the are local threads to Houston, Texas and Harris county. The post I started is a variation of your letter to the alumni. c

And Here is What it Looks Like.

Class of 75 Robert E Lee High School Houston
COMMENTS

Showing posts 1 - 1 of 1 richandfamous
Kingman, AZ Reply »
|Flag |#1 15 hrs ago
Houston REL Alumni! Body found with REL 1975 class ring!
I belong to Websleuths, an internet sleuthing community. We are working to identify the remains of a victim we now call, Princess Blue. She was wearing a 1975 Robert E. Lee High School, Houston, TX ring. She was discovered in Brazoria County, in 1990 and was estimated to be between the ages of 16 and 22. Therefore she was too young to have attended your High School. Her mother, aunt, or older sister may have graduated with you in 1975.
We believe that it is possible that whomever it was from your class who originally owned this ring may be the key to this Princess Blue’s identity. Please feel free to visit us at websleuths to read what we are trying to do on behalf of our Princess Blue at
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p ...
Here are additional sites we have just created. They are all up and running, and we welcome you to join us there, too.
http://uidprincessblue.proboards80.com/
http://www.myspace.com/uidprincessblue
http://someoneknowsme.com/upload/index.php
I have included some pertinent information to this case in the hopes that one or more of you may help to ultimately solve this case. Surely Princess Blue is loved and missed by someone, and I am asking for any help you can give. Additionally, if there is anyone else from your class that you are still in contact with that you can forward this to, I would be most thankful.
Is there anyone from your class who had a younger sister, daughter, niece, or other family member go between 1988 and 1990?
The Doe Network: Case File 137UFTX
Unidentified White / Hispanic Female
The victim was discovered on September 10, 1990 in Brazoria County, Texas.
Est'd Date of Death: 6 mos - 1 yr
Est'd age: 16-22 yrs
Approx. Ht.& Wt. 4'10"- 5'2"
Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.
Dentals: Dental information available DNA: IN CODIS
Jewelry: A gold band with 6 clear stones, 2 thin silver bands, a silver band with a scroll design, a Robert E. Lee High School, Houston, TX ring (1975), a silver ring with a turquoise unicorn and a pearl-beaded bracelet.
The victim was located on a pile of debris at the end of a Brazoria County road on September 10, 1990
The skeleton was found by an Alvin man who had pulled off the highway to find a place to urinate. He stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.
Authorities believe the rings are the clue to solving the case.

Lion,
In the article about the lost ring may be clue it says that Princess Blue was 17 + or - 2 years so is it possible she could still be as young as 15 years and not older than 19? How is doenetwork estimating she may be 16-22 years of age? Was Princess Blue attending school somewhere I wonder or a drop out? If someone did murder Princess Blue and dumped her where she was found (I hate saying that :( ) they most likely didn't go very far to do that. The counties that surround Brazoria are Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston, Matagorda & Wharton. Could she have come from any of those counties? Besides the class ring whatelse do we have to go on? What other avenues can we explore?

Good question RKnowley. I don't know how the doenetwork decided her age. However, when I spoke with the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse the representative working Princess's case she confirmed to me that Princess Blue is still is still believed to have been between 16 and 22 at her TOD. I asked her a lot of questions-I drive people over the edge; but, I get a lot of answers. lol.

She may most likely have been 17-19 give or take 2 years; but, we have no way of fully accurately determining the age at the TOD of skeletal remains. My guess is that 15 is till a possibility. Skull sutures, conditions of the bony plates, conditions of the joints, evidence of osteoarthritis, evididence of osteoporosis, etc... are used in aiding in determining age and the TOD. But, it is far from as exact science at this point.

I asked the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse rep also if she was found with clothes. She said there is no record of any clothing; but, that if there were it would have been in the file because clothing found with a body is a clue. She said that it is standard for the clothes description to be in the file. I said to her that I think she was probably found found nude, and she said that is probably the case.

This leads me to believe that it is possible she was killed and dumped, especially because she was found in a debris filled area commonly used to dump bodies during that time period.

I think she could have come from anywhere in the surrounding area or further. Whomever it was may have been familiar with the area because she was found off a county road as opposed to off a major interstate. Again that is not necessarily true. I am just throwing out ideas.

Also, she was wearing a lot of jewelry for the time period. She had on 5 rings and a bracelet when found. So I think we can rule out robbery. But, because was wearing 5 rings and a bracelet she may have been out somewhere(party, date, etc..) as opposed to going to the laundry mat. Then again, who knows? Maybe she always wore lots of jewelry?

If she were a local student or even a student from a neighboring county I wonder why she was not ID'd. Maybe she was not from around there, or LE communication between counties wasn't good or something else.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member