The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Lion! I don't think ALL the names are on the spreadsheet yet. I'm not certain about if all the females are there. I guess I should check the yb to see if any names there are missing from the spreadsheet. I will do that in a bit. Have to run out to the grocery store..yuck. As far as the spreadsheet I have finished up with what I can do with the females as far as finding their addresses or phone #'s I could try my hand at doing emails again but I wasn't having much luck with them when I tried earlier on...lol!

Also if we decide we need to snail mail any of these folks I would be more than glad to help send out letters to a certain number of them. I sort of had left that chat we had before letting anyone know I would take my share of them. I'm sorry about that. I didn't want to leave my cousin hanging here. Just let me know what needs to be done.

Hiya RKnowley:). This is great news! Do you by chance know if all of the names from the yb are on the spread sheet?

Let the games begin! Thank you for making it so clear as to what is needed on the spreadsheet. You made changes in such an organized and easy to understand manner, that even I can read it easily--and I don't usually do spreadsheets!:D. It will make it easier for those of us working with it for the first time. Per our meeting, is this the point where those who volunteered take a group of names to responsible for? If so, I think I take the 2nd 75 names. Thank you so much for all of the hard work you did. I can see you made a huge dent in it!:blowkiss:.

Lion

Hi there Jaded:). Awe, I can imagine it may feel similar to jet lag. We're glad you're back--almost--on Friday anyway.

Lion

It feels just like jet lag. Working 7PM - 6AM four days a week so getting into the habit of coming home and going to bed at 6:30AM is rough. LOL I'll adjust eventually, but right now I'm feeling like I have oatmeal for brain matter. LOL

If someone wants to - please assign me a block of names. I'll gladly send out snail mails. Maybe we can get together tomorrow sometime and draft a standardized letter complete with photos that we have of jewelry and sketch of PB in Word format and we can just print them.

I think there is a way to export the data from the spreadsheet into a form and it will automatically fill in the address and name fields in Word for us and all we would have to do is print the letters.

Let me know.

Hey guys
I am here just swamped with schoolwork lately. Grades are due. I am going to finish entering the spreadsheet names on Thursday and Friday night. By then, we can divide names by block and begin our searches. Sorry I didn't anticipate having all of the names plus grades due at the same time. :eek: i am drowning!

MG

Lion, did you see my note on the spreadsheet regarding Nancy Bradley? I think she could have been Nancy Capps in HS and then she married a Robert L Bradley. What are your thoughts on her?

Hiya RKnowley:). This is great news! Do you by chance know if all of the names from the yb are on the spread sheet?

Let the games begin! Thank you for making it so clear as to what is needed on the spreadsheet. You made changes in such an organized and easy to understand manner, that even I can read it easily--and I don't usually do spreadsheets!:D. It will make it easier for those of us working with it for the first time. Per our meeting, is this the point where those who volunteered take a group of names to responsible for? If so, I think I take the 2nd 75 names. Thank you so much for all of the hard work you did. I can see you made a huge dent in it!:blowkiss:.

Lion

While searching through snippets of The Houston Chronicle online at NewsLibrary.com for any articles about missing girls from 1986-1990 (a bit past when Princess Blue was found) from the area/s we are interested in. I ran across a snippet that sounded interesting to me so I bought the complete article to read.

What I want to know is if you think I should find out if this girl was ever located or if her body was found (if deceased). San Jacinto County is next to Harris County so Angela Rose could have easily ran off to Harris County or even Brazoria. Who do we contact to have Angela Rose (if missing still)compared to Princess Blue? Should San Jacinto police be contacted or I also located the guardians of Angela Rose (Hayden & Bunny Irwin) I could snail mail them or call.

This is the snippet from 1986:

Houston Chronicle - June 26, 1986

Relatives fearing foul play in disappearance of girl, 15

SHEPHERD - When Angela Rose ran away with her boyfriend last year, her guardians at least understood the reason. Since her parents' death in a fiery car crash in December 1983, the 15-year-old San Jacinto County youngster had not been able to accept a new home, said her aunt and uncle, Bunny and Hayden Irwin, named as her legal guardians.A multimillion-dollar out-of-court settlement Rose received from a trucking firm after the accident in which she was injured was like blood...

Purchase Complete Article, of 709 words

Here is the complete article:

Houston Chronicle
June 26, 1986

Edition: 3 STAR
Section: 2
Page: 15

Topics:
Index Terms:
'ALM 'DCG MISSING PERSONS TEXAS
Relatives fearing foul play in disappearance of girl, 15
Author: CATHY GORDON; Staff
Dateline: SHEPHERD
Article Text:
SHEPHERD - When Angela Rose ran away with her boyfriend last year, her guardians at least understood the reason.
Since her parents' death in a fiery car crash in December 1983, the 15-year-old San Jacinto County youngster had not been able to accept a new home, said her aunt and uncle, Bunny and Hayden Irwin, named as her legal guardians.
A multimillion-dollar out-of-court settlement Rose received from a trucking firm after the accident in which she was injured was like blood money to her, they said.
"She kind of felt like her mother and daddy had gotten killed for that," Irwin said. "She was confused. There was a lot she couldn't accept at the time. But that all flip-flopped in the last six months. She was doing great and getting on with her life."
Now, the Irwins are living their lives day by day, waiting for news of Rose's whereabouts.
The petite, brown-haired Shepherd High School freshman, known as "Angie," has been missing since May 13.
Bobby Newman, a Houston private investigator hired by the Irwins, said a witness saw Rose approaching a man in a red pickup truck behind the school on the morning she disappeared.
While San Jacinto County authorities said they do not think Rose was kidnapped, Newman and the Irwins fear foul play.
Newman said he was hired by attorneys of the Rose estate when the youngster ran away last year. She was found two days later in Missouri City with her boyfriend, after being traced through numerous telephone calls she had made to the Irwins.
"But this time, there's been no phone calls, no nothing. The boyfriend is out of the picture. We just have a missing girl and a lot of leads that haven't panned out," he said.
A $10,000 reward to be paid out of the Rose estate has been offered for information leading to the girl's whereabouts.
Newman said he has questioned the man in the pickup truck.
"He denied knowing anything," he said. "He admits seeing her that day, but denies her getting into his truck." Newman said Rose knew the man and would not have been afraid to get in his truck.
He said he has not discounted that a kidnapper heard of Rose's multimillion-dollar settlement and had planned a ransom demand. "He could have called off the ransom demand when the heat came down on him so fast," Newman said.
Leads have taken investigators to San Jacinto, Polk, and Harris counties and as far away as California, Tennessee and Kentucky, he said. He said he also received reports that she was seen in a high-crime area in Cleveland in Liberty County known as "The Quarters."
"We looked into all these, my investigators working constantly on it, and we haven't come up with anything," he said. But I don't think she ran away. We've monitored truck stops looking for her, thinking she could have hitch-hiked. Nothing."
San Jacinto County authorities declined to comment on the case, but said they do not think it was a kidnapping.
"I don't always agree with private investigators," said Chief Deputy Jim Lyles. He refused to elaborate.
Roland McElroy, the county's juvenile probation officer said they are treating the case as a "runaway case upgraded to missing."
"We don't have any evidence to suggest she was injured at this time," McElroy said.
The Irwins are not so sure.
Unopened boxes of new shoes purchased for Rose two days before her disappearance lay on her bedroom floor. Jewelry that she loved to wear sits on her dresser. A picture of her mother and father graces a bedside table.
"All the things you'd think she'd take are still right here," said Mrs. Irwin.
The Irwins said Rose was about to be released from a psychologist's care. She had been counseled for two years since her parents' death.
"She was taking an interest in things again, dressing nicely. She was just taking more pride in herself," Irwin said. "Then this. It's hard not knowing. We just have to trust that she'll be found."
Caption:
Photo: Angela Rose
Copyright 1986 Houston Chronicle
Record Number: HSC0626248066

Is there a way to find out about the car accident to determine her parent's last names -- and cross-reference with the spreadsheet to determine if one of them was an REL alumni?

Jaded, I believe ROSE is Angela's surname. Her guardians were Hayden IRWIN and Verna ROSE IRWIN. At least according to the research I've done. I couldn't find anything on the car accident because they died in 1983 and the Houston Chronicle starts at 1986. I checked a couple other Texas papers too with no luck.

ETA: Hmmmmm..gotta check something out. Just had a wee thought. That wee thought didn't go far :-P Verna ROSE IRWIN had a sister who was born in 1956 so she would have been close to the right age to have graduated in 75' I wonder what school she went to. I guess I need to research her more.

Doing a little more research, Angela's parents were most likely a Frank Preston Rose and a Marjorie Ann Herrell. Frank Preston was born in 6 Nov 1946. Marjorie Ann Herrell was born in 1955 (she was 15 when they married). Frank and Marjorie Ann Herrell married 3 April 1970 and Angela Jean Rose came along 6 Nov 1970. Marjorie is close to the age where she could have graduated in 1975. Hmmm..more to ponder. I'm probably chasing zebras and at this point why not? :confused:

Is there a way to find out about the car accident to determine her parent's last names -- and cross-reference with the spreadsheet to determine if one of them was an REL alumni?

Lion, did you see my note on the spreadsheet regarding Nancy Bradley? I think she could have been Nancy Capps in HS and then she married a Robert L Bradley. What are your thoughts on her?

Excellent work RKnowley :woohoo: . Yes, I am betting that she was Nancy Capps. Thank you!

Lion

Judging by the name's, it looks like Verna is Angela's aunt on her father's side. Since Angela's last name is Rose and Verna has the name Rose in her name, then I would assume Rose is the aunt's maiden name. Which would make her a sister of the father. (Unless Angela has her mother's last name instead of her father's last name) Does that make any sense?

Anyways, I searched the SSDI for the last name Rose narrowed to Texas, and narrowed even farther to died Dec. 1983. This is what I came up with:

[SIZE=-1]RICHARD ROSE Born:Sep 9, 1927 Died: Dec 31, 1983[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]or[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]CHARLES ROSE Born:Feb 10, 1926 Died: Dec 1983[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LYNN ROSE Born:Jul 23, 1930 Died: Dec 1983[/SIZE]

Would fit if her parents were in their early to mid-40's when Angela was born.

FRANK ROSE Born:Nov 6, 1946 Died: Dec 1983
and
WANDA ROSE Born:Feb 2, 1947 Died: Dec 1983

These two seem much more likely. They would have been in their mid-20's when Angela was born.

There were 4 other Rose's that died Dec. 1983 but 3 were born before 1900 and one was born 1923 (would have been almost 50 when Angela was born).

Jaded, I believe ROSE is Angela's surname. Her guardians were Hayden IRWIN and Verna ROSE IRWIN. At least according to the research I've done. I couldn't find anything on the car accident because they died in 1983 and the Houston Chronicle starts at 1986. I checked a couple other Texas papers too with no luck.

ETA: Hmmmmm..gotta check something out. Just had a wee thought. That wee thought didn't go far :-P Verna ROSE IRWIN had a sister who was born in 1956 so she would have been close to the right age to have graduated in 75' I wonder what school she went to. I guess I need to research her more.

Doing a little more research, Angela's parents were most likely a Frank Preston Rose and a Marjorie Ann Herrell. Frank Preston was born in 6 Nov 1946. Marjorie Ann Herrell was born in 1955 (she was 15 when they married). Frank and Marjorie Ann Herrell married 3 April 1970 and Angela Jean Rose came along 6 Nov 1970. Marjorie is close to the age where she could have graduated in 1975. Hmmm..more to ponder. I'm probably chasing zebras and at this point why not? :confused:

Excellent research, RKnowley. Marjorie's DOB suggests that she would have graduated around 1973, so it would be about 2 years off. Not impossible; but, unless she started school late or was left back it may not be her. Also, how sure are we that Marjorie is Angela's mother? If we can find out for a fact what Angela's mother's maiden or married name was in 1975 when the yb pics were taken we can probably quickly rule her out. Or, who knows? Maybe this could be her. In any event I think we need to do more research and wait to send anything to LE unless we are pretty sure that we are on to something.

Lion

Lion, from doing some research I can tell you the following:

From the article about Angela Rose it says her guardians were Hayden & Bunny Irwin. I looked up Hayden Irwin in the US Public Records and find him in Shepherd, San Jacinto County, Texas with Verna R Irwin. I looked in the Texas marriage index for Hayden Irwin and it shows he married a Verna Rose in March 1973. Then I looked up the birth for Verna Rose and it shows her parents names as Lee Eugene Rose and Lois Roper. Then I looked at the index for other children of Lee Eugene Rose and Lois Roper and Frank Preston Rose (he was born 6 Nov 1946) is one of them. Then I looked up Frank Preston Rose in the Texas marriage index and found he married Marjorie Ann Herrell on 3 April 1970. Then I looked up their names to see if they had any children. They had 1 child listed and that was Angela Jean Rose born 6 Nov 1970. Then I looked to see if I could find Frank in the SSDI for December 1983 (That's when the car accident was) I found Frank listed in the SSDI. He has the same birthdate as the Frank Preston Rose (6 Nov 1946). I didn't find Marjorie A Herrell Rose listed in the SSDI but not everyone is listed in the SSDI when they die.

I myself am not just basing everything on the 1975 Class Ring. It could have come from another relative or friend, etc. It doesn't mean it had to belong to Princess Blue's mom. :twocents:

Excellent research, RKnowley. Marjorie's DOB suggests that she would have graduated around 1973, so it would be about 2 years off. Not impossible; but, unless she started school late or was left back it may not be her. Also, how sure are we that Marjorie is Angela's mother? If we can find out for a fact what Angela's mother's maiden or married name was in 1975 when the yb pics were taken we can probably quickly rule her out. Or, who knows? Maybe this could be her. In any event I think we need to do more research and wait to send anything to LE unless we are pretty sure that we are on to something.

Lion

RK, You are awesome at this. What website(s) are you using to find all that information?

Great work! I wasn't thinking when I said that we could rule her out based on the last name. I wasn't thinking that we already discussed and agreed that the ring could have belonged to an aunt, an older sister, a cousin, or some other scenario could have occurred. I'm sorry.

I would like to find out more about Angela. Is she listed on the TX site under missing? I'll check that now.

ETA: I did not find Angela Rose listed as missing on the TX site at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/MissingPersons.asp?Letter=R

This makes me think that regardless of whether or not this is our Princess, that there may be more of the missing that for what ever reason are not listed one missing sites.

Lion

Lion, from doing some research I can tell you the following:

From the article about Angela Rose it says her guardians were Hayden & Bunny Irwin. I looked up Hayden Irwin in the US Public Records and find him in Shepherd, San Jacinto County, Texas with Verna R Irwin. I looked in the Texas marriage index for Hayden Irwin and it shows he married a Verna Rose in March 1973. Then I looked up the birth for Verna Rose and it shows her parents names as Lee Eugene Rose and Lois Roper. Then I looked at the index for other children of Lee Eugene Rose and Lois Roper and Frank Preston Rose (he was born 6 Nov 1946) is one of them. Then I looked up Frank Preston Rose in the Texas marriage index and found he married Marjorie Ann Herrell on 3 April 1970. Then I looked up their names to see if they had any children. They had 1 child listed and that was Angela Jean Rose born 6 Nov 1970. Then I looked to see if I could find Frank in the SSDI for December 1983 (That's when the car accident was) I found Frank listed in the SSDI. He has the same birthdate as the Frank Preston Rose (6 Nov 1946). I didn't find Marjorie A Herrell Rose listed in the SSDI but not everyone is listed in the SSDI when they die.

I myself am not just basing everything on the 1975 Class Ring. It could have come from another relative or friend, etc. It doesn't mean it had to belong to Princess Blue's mom. :twocents:

RKnowley, towards the last part of the artice it indicates that there may be a photo. Was there a photo? If so, was it b chance a photo of Angela? I imagine if there were you probably would have told us already; but I just thought I would ask.

Lion

I can't find Angela Rose on any missing sites in TX. I checked the doenetwork.org, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and the TX dps site. I remember thinking that whomever Princess is, she may not have made it to a missing site. I, too think we need to look into this further. Perhaps we can track down Angela's aunt and/or uncle. Gosh, we may need to be very careful if we do.

Also, I have been researching for weeks to find a reliable, accurate, "missing" or, "UID" site for Louisiana to check surrounding states for the missing. Either there are none, or they are harder to find than the missing people are! I found sites that sprung up after Hurricane Katrina; but, they don't seem to include cases other than the missing from around the 2004 hurricane. This could be a huge hole in finding people. Does anyone have any ideas?

ETA: I re-read the Houston article and it says that Angela was injured in a truck related accident. We don't know if she had any broken ones from it or not. We also don't know how much of Princess Blue's skeletal remains were found and whether or not she had evidence of previous broken bones. If there was such evidence, I would think that they would have noted that in Princess Blue's description. But, who knows?

I am going to research to see if I can find Angela's aunt and/or uncle. I won't try to contact them until I get some feedback from other members on hat we decide is best to do.

ETA: I have what may be a current phone number for Hayden and Verna Irwin.

Lion

Hey guys
I am here just swamped with schoolwork lately. Grades are due. I am going to finish entering the spreadsheet names on Thursday and Friday night. By then, we can divide names by block and begin our searches. Sorry I didn't anticipate having all of the names plus grades due at the same time. :eek: i am drowning!

MG

Hi MrsG:). I somehow overlooked your post until tonight. I am just glad to hear from you and know that you are okay--except for some drowning here and there:eek:. We will be here when you are less busy with your work. No worries. I hope you get some rest and relaxation through it all.

Lion

I can't find any missing persons site for LA either. Strange. Maybe we should call DPS for LA and ask if there is one.

I can't find any missing persons site for LA either. Strange. Maybe we should call DPS for LA and ask if there is one.

I will contact LA state agencies tomorrow to see if there is a missing/UID site.

You would think that if they had one it would be up somewhere online. Aside from our Princess Blue case, if there is no centralized state site for LA for the missing/UID, this could pose a problem in other cases as well. Our Princess Lavender (Kilgore UID case) may have come form LA--the location in TX where she was found is fairly close to LA.

Perhaps we can begin a search on news archives all over TX, LA(RKnowley started this:)), Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

Also, please note: MrsG is not finished putting up all of the names from the yb yet. She said she would hope to finish by Friday night. We may want to wait until she is done before we divide into the groups of names or it could get confusing. Sorry about that. I thought all the names were up.

Lion

Awesome work so far! Princess Blue's UID description stated that there may have been a tumor on her knee. I'm still wondering how they were able to determine that the anomaly noted by the ME was a "tumor" and not a previously broken bone or some sort of calcification.

Lion, I already have Hayden Irwins's contact information. I was wondering what I should do. How I should proceed to find out if Angela Rose was still missing or if she had returned home or what. I didn't know if I should contact the San Jacinto County Sheriff or try contacting Hayden & Verna Irwin.

I had noticed that the article about Angela stated there was a photo in the article but on this site (NewsLibrary.com) it only includes the text from the article :(

I am going to research to see if I can find Angela's aunt and/or uncle. I won't try to contact them until I get some feedback from other members on hat we decide is best to do.

ETA: I have what may be a current phone number for Hayden and Verna Irwin.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members