The Doe Network, Part 2: Who is Princess Blue?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to map her approximate location (didn't see it here but could have missed it in the long threads!) - hope this works!

(link to map deleted - wrong info!)

Edited to add: Once again, I am a dork (and a directionally-impaired one at that). RKnowley's got it!

Wasn't she found east of 288?

Hi RKnowley:). Yes, according to the report(accuracy unknown, but probably close) Princess Blue was found off CR 101(also called Bailey Ave.), approximately 1/4 mile or 1 mile East of 288.

ETA: From the two articles posted in post 124 of this thread: In one article it states that her remains were found 1/4 mile East of 288, and in another article it states that her remains were found about 1 mile East of 288.

Since the area no longer is a dump according to some article I read(gosh it is hard to go back and find everything) than it is probably not going to be helpful to look for indications of graves from 16 to 32 years ago, unfortunately. The area was Princess was found may actually be important when considering where other girls/women were dumped and/or to theorize whether or not the killer(s) were familiar with the area. I have a feeling that whom ever dumped her, and the other girl/lady found in the same area was familiar with the area.

If you map that than we might want to take a look at the fact that CR 58(also called Croix Rd.) is less than 3 or 4 miles from there. Another young, female UID skeletal remains, wrapped in a bedspread(no other clothes found as in the case of Princess Blue--possible signature or part of MO) was found in 1993. I can find nothing on this UID on any site. Does anyone want to help to find it?

ETA: Sorry, RKnowley. I see that you have mapped approximately where Princess was found, and I made a map based on your map(I hope you don't mind).

Manvel is and was a small town of less than 3,500. What are the chances that these 2 cases are not related? Both were young women or teen girls. Both were dumped near to each other in the same small town. Both most likely were dumped nude. Both are and were UID's. Both were quite petite in stature at about 5 feet tall.

Here is the link to the map I made based on RKnowley's map.

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?q=Gal...9.528394,-95.37873&spn=0.001725,0.002494&om=1

I have been researching other similar cases for the area, and there are many possibly similar cases throughout Brazoria County and surrounding counties. But, what strikes me right off the bat are these two cases.

Lion

LionRun - Google now offers a feature called Notebook for free. It allows you to capture links and keep notes in them. Just thought I would share this with everyone who is researching -- it's very helpful as a reference tool to go back and read where you've done research.

Can we do an assessor's search and find out if that property is owned by a private owner? Maybe if we could contact him he might recall if she was found either 1/4 or a mile from the county road and to provide info from what he remembers of Princess Blue's discovery. Just a thought.

Noooooo..you are not a dork. I had to call my hubby in last night to make sure I had it approximately close, lol! I have the same impairment. LOL.

Tried to map her approximate location (didn't see it here but could have missed it in the long threads!) - hope this works!

(link to map deleted - wrong info!)

Edited to add: Once again, I am a dork (and a directionally-impaired one at that). RKnowley's got it!

Can we do an assessor's search and find out if that property is owned by a private owner? Maybe if we could contact him he might recall if she was found either 1/4 or a mile from the county road and to provide info from what he remembers of Princess Blue's discovery. Just a thought.

That is a good idea, except we don't know the exact street address, and we would need to know who owned it in 1990. It was referred to in one of the articles as a private dump site. We have also heard of the area having been a known dump site--including for bodies. But, we just don't know the exact location or who actually owned it in 1990. It is only a guestimate as to where any of us place the little marker where Princess Blue's remains were found.

Lion

That is a good idea, except we don't know the exact street address, and we would need to know who owned it in 1990. It was referred to in one of the articles as a private dump site. We have also heard of the area having been a known dump site--including for bodies. But, we just don't know the exact location or who actually owned it in 1990. It is only a guestimate as to where any of us place the little marker where Princess Blue's remains were found.

Lion

A title search would determine who owned it at that time. I'm ready to leave for work, but will check when I get home tomorrow morning if there is a county assessor's site online for Brazoria County.

ETA: They do have a site, but it's $50 per month. Maybe one of the local title companies would be willing to donate some time to do a search regarding who owned the property in 1990. It only takes a few minutes to do.
http://www.brazoria.tx.us.landata.com/

LionRun - Google now offers a feature called Notebook for free. It allows you to capture links and keep notes in them. Just thought I would share this with everyone who is researching -- it's very helpful as a reference tool to go back and read where you've done research.

Wow, that's great, Jaded! Can you tell me how to find it? I haven't got a clue:crazy:. Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Lion

A title search would determine who owned it at that time. I'm ready to leave for work, but will check when I get home tomorrow morning if there is a county assessor's site online for Brazoria County.

ETA: They do have a site, but it's $50 per month. Maybe one of the local title companies would be willing to donate some time to do a search regarding who owned the property in 1990. It only takes a few minutes to do.
http://www.brazoria.tx.us.landata.com/

Hopefully, that will work, but how do we find the exact address of where Princess was found? I don't know how we could get accurate info unless we know the exact factual address of where she was found. Am I missing something? Sorry, if I am:).

Lion

I would think by providing them with the satellite images of both places, they could go by the parcel size and narrow it to tract number and narrow to owner.

I think someone contacted the reporter. I hope he can provide us with accurate information with regard to exactly where she was found and then take it from there.

ETA: Since there is no housing in that area it may or may not have a physical address - like a house number, but it will have a parcel # with the Recorder's office that keeps deed information.

I would think by providing them with the satellite images of both places, they could go by the parcel size and narrow it to tract number and narrow to owner.

I think someone contacted the reporter. I hope he can provide us with accurate information with regard to exactly where she was found and then take it from there.

ETA: Since there is no housing in that area it may or may not have a physical address - like a house number, but it will have a parcel # with the Recorder's office that keeps deed information.

I understand that if we had the correct parcel# being that it may or may not have an actual street address could also be helpful. It would be good if we could contact the original reporter, but we must rely on his/her recollection and possible notes from that time. If the reporter actually went to the exact site where Princess was found he/she might be able to recall the exact location.

From this map it seems that CR 101 is separated by the (American Canal?) straight river looking thing in between the two place-marks(1and 2). Place-mark 2 is about 1/4 of a mile East of 288, which was how the location was described in one of the articles. It is also directly off 288, making it possibly more likely to be described in terms of 288. So, I am wondering now which actual approximate location was it where Princess was found. And, we would still need to find the exact street address/parcel# based on the most reliable info we can find.

The area in which I live is also rural, and my house cannot even be seen via satellite because of the trees. There is also farm land and dirt roads that seem to go nowhere, and via satellite it looks like one big piece of property. But, the property all around me is divided up extensively. I have to travel on an easement just to reach a paved road. I just don't want to focus in on what we think is where Princess was found when we only have an approximation--unless we can find out for sure. I hope I am not being too much a pain, and if I am missing something I am sorry.

Lion

Looks like a unicorn to me. If you look on the forehead area right above the eyes at the bridge of the nose I think I see a pokey up horn there.
Cute wording, btw. Sometimes we just gotta write the way we think!:p

Okay, sloane needs to learn more again...
what's a "pin?"
a "sticky?"
a "lock?" Seems self-explanatory, but "locked" things still seem like you can "get into" them...
What does "ttyl" mean?

Thank you sloane. Do you think I'm understanding that right?
Hi RKnowley,
Yes, I think you did a grand job!
It seems like someone here has more experience than I do with, or works now with jewelry...is that you, SadieMae?
It was good info. about the ring not withstanding sizing unless it was at least 10K gold. I had forgotten about that. The lower the number of karat content, the stronger the metal actually is, right? The ring doesn't look warped at all; it is a smooth circle all the way around, just a little thin at the botton of the shank.

Someone else also posted once about if the bottom of all of her rings looked nicked or bent or well-worn, it might indicate that she worked with her hands...also good insight!:twocents:

I have been reading your posts with interest for some time. You all seem very dedicated to your quest. As a fellow sleuther, I have a different angle that does not seem to be addressed here. I am feeling that for some reason or another, you may want to proceed with caution, as perhaps the original owner of the ring, may have something to do with princess Blue and her death...its just a potential problem down the road, that you could scare a suspect considerably into hiding, when they are found out through the ring...a hypothesis I had been thinking of, but hope I am wrong, just wanted my fellow sleuthers to be careful and cared for!
Good luck and good research, I await more from all of you good researchers!

I must say, I agree with InterestedNHelping!!:(
It has been making me nervous to see you guys talk about where you live, your specific jobs or church activities, posting your pictures of yourselves, your houses, your children, pets I guess are fairly safe if they are in a photo by themselves!
Even the moderators have a post they ask all to read to be careful of such...I'm not trying to preach, just looking out for you guys! :) You all seem so wonderful, I would hate for anything sinister to come of your good intentions...:(

Of course, we Do have richandfamous' COOL wolf!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member