Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RKnowley, I also think that a very important part of the circumstances behind Pinkie's disappearance is missing. Twenty five years before she was reported missing? Who reported her missing, I wonder. Why didn't the husband report her missing all those years ago? Why didn't a family member, friend, coworker, or anyone report her missing all those years ago? This is very unusual.

Lion

I just sent an email off to Detective Anderson and asked him if he could tell us if Debra Kay Stewart's & Jennifer Joyce Barton's DNA is in CODIS. I will post what I find out.

Lion, I SO agree with you that I bet there would be a big increase in the number of unidentified being identified if family members had their DNA entered into CODIS. I think this is something we could make a big difference in.

You are right that we need to do this with great sensitivity in regards to the family members of the missing. I would never want to hurt or upset any of them. They have been through enough already. I would really like to help & assist them all that I can.

Beautiful, beautiful job RKnowley! Thank you very much! And, thank you for the update from Detective Anderson concerning Pinkie.

LE all around the country often don't seem to have the time to do all they would like to do concerning getting the family's of the missing/possible UID's into CODIS. This is one area where I believe we can help. I think it is important how these families are approached, and they must be approached tactfully, reasonably, and with sensitivity. But, that is the way that you do approach folks, and I try to do the same. I bet that if more families had their DNA in the data banks there would be an increase in the number of matches made.

Lion

I am still sitting here and wondering under what conditions did Pinkie go missing. She went missing in 1979 (this was the time she was last seen). She wasn't reported missing until 2004. Could someone actually go missing all that time and nobody notices? Pinkie had 2 young daughters (8 & 9 years old) at the time she went missing. Did her ex not notice she was missing?? It just boggles my mind! Something ain't right :confused: Makes me sad

It really does make you wonder why someone wouldn't report her in all that time. I know that not everyone has what most would perceive as "normal" family social dynamics (PFFFT - ask me about MY insane family LOL) but for 25 years?

Is there a contact person we can direct LE to in order to obtain these kits? I have a police dept. in IL that I would like to pass the info along to.

You are right that we need to do this with great sensitivity in regards to the family members of the missing. I would never want to hurt or upset any of them. They have been through enough already. I would really like to help & assist them all that I can.

I've read the letter in your earlier post. I don't see anything that would offend anyone. It sounded both helpful and compassionate.

After reading the first three threads on this case, I have to say that I'm very impressed with the amount of work you all have done. It's one thing to sit around and chat about crimes and playing armchair detective. But there are posters here that have moved beyond that and actually contributed towards solving cases.

For what it's worth, you have my respect.

Maybe for the Illinois area you could try contacting the Illinois State Police Forensic Science Lab and see if there is a specific person that LE could contact to obtain the DNA kit.

Also, on the list below there are a few labs in the Illinois area you could refer LE to.

http://www.forquality.org/fqs_I_Labs.htm

Is there a contact person we can direct LE to in order to obtain these kits? I have a police dept. in IL that I would like to pass the info along to.

I've read the letter in your earlier post. I don't see anything that would offend anyone. It sounded both helpful and compassionate.

After reading the first three threads on this case, I have to say that I'm very impressed with the amount of work you all have done. It's one thing to sit around and chat about crimes and playing armchair detective. But there are posters here that have moved beyond that and actually contributed towards solving cases.

For what it's worth, you have my respect.

Thank you XcomSquaddie:). That was what we wanted to do. We want to be part of the solution to this tragic case.

Lion

Thank you very much Xcom for your comments. We have been working hard on this one. Hopefully someday we will get her case solved.

I just sent an email off to the El Paso, Texas Police Department regarding Anna's case. Will post what I find out.

I'd like to revisit this lady as being a possible to Princess Blue. I can't find anywhere that says her DNA is in CODIS and so she may not have already been checked against Princess Blue's DNA.

She may be a couple years old and had a c-section scar (meaning she possibly carried a baby to full term). What do you think??

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 10/15/2001
mallari_anna_jovita.jpg

Name: Anna Jovita Mallari
Case Number: M8903009
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: El Paso (El Paso County)
Last Seen on: 12/1/1988
Height: 5' 0 "
Weight: 115 lbs.
Age Missing: 24
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 10/5/1964
Race: Other
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Mallari has a c-section scar on her abdomen. She was reported missing by her employer when she did not show up for work.

ETA: She is Asian (Filipina) according to her Charley Project Page here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallari_anna.html

Possible?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/983dfca.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 983DFCA

MMancia.jpg

Mancia, circa 1988
Mirian Mancia
Missing since May 12, 1988 from Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: February 27, 1959
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black hair; brown eyes.
  • Dentals: Not available
  • AKA: Mirian Elizabeth Barahona

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mancia was last seen May 12, 1988 in Los Angeles, CA. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Los Angeles Police Department
213-485-5381
You may remain anonymous if you wish when submitting tips.
Agency Number: 8804-12176
NCIC Number: M-303538520
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
California Department of Justice

She could have been related somehow to someone who was in the Class of '75 or could have been a friend of one of them or.....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallari_anna.html

Regarding Anna as a match, I know she physically looks like PB's sketch, but wouldn't her age be to far off? If she is from '64, she would only have been 11 in '75. Too young to be a graduate or have given birth around that time.

I didn't realize that Michelle (one of the possibles for Princess Blue) was married at the time she disappeared and had a son who was exactly a year old the day that Michelle was reported missing (7 October 1985)

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 7/16/2003
M9311003.jpg

Name: Michelle Doherty Thomas
Case Number: M9311003
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Alta Loma (Galveston County)
Last Seen on: 10/5/1985
Height: 5' 2 "
Weight: 85 lbs.
Age Missing: 17
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 11/16/1967
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Michelle was last seen wearing a black Harley Davidson tank top, blue jeans, tennis shoes and carrying a beige purse. She has very prominent freckles.

Michelle is my no. 1 choice for Princess Blue. She looks enough like me to be my sister, so it is probably more that than rational thought...
Lanie

Xcom,

I myself disagree that we should not contact family members of a missing person to try and find out more about that missing person and to also see if they will submit a DNA sample to add to CODIS. I have found that most family members are glad to be contacted about their loved one & that that person has not been forgotten.

Excuse me for jumping in--you WSers are awesome. Being the family member of a missing person--I know our family would have been elated and relieved to know that someone(s) were trying to help. Of course, no speculation, but your letter is very thoughtful and tactful. Keep up the great work!! bjb

It really does make you wonder why someone wouldn't report her in all that time. I know that not everyone has what most would perceive as "normal" family social dynamics (PFFFT - ask me about MY insane family LOL) but for 25 years?

Hi everyone!
Don't know about a specific person, but your LE person in IL simply can contact the Univ. of North TX's Center for Human ID DNA Lab (not the Forensic Anthropology section), and ask to speak with someone about the program. They are always willing and helpful, excited, really, when agencies want to participate in getting familial reference samples from MP on file. Here's the link:

www.unthumanid.org

I think the best place to look is the forensic and human ID sections, but peruse the whole site...it is eye-opening and so interesting. They are one of only three labs in the country that can do the kind of research and detailed exams that they do. What a wonderful resource!! THANK YOU federal funding!!

hope this helps, sloane

http://doenetwork.org/cases/137uftx.html

<FONT face=Arial>The Doe Network:
Case File 137UFTX
137UFTX3.jpg
137UFTX4.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim
Unidentified White / Mixed Female
<FONT color=black size=2>
  • The victim was discovered on September 10, 1990 in Brazoria County, Texas.
  • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics
<FONT color=black size=2>
  • Estimated age: 17 - 21 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'11" - 5'3"; with a slight to medium build.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Two fractured ribs; and a "defect" on a bone beneath her left knee. The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.
  • Other: Originally thought to be Hispanic, the new analysis indicates the young woman was White, with the probability of some Black traits. According to the forensic analysis, it is likely one parent or one grandparent was Black.
  • Dentals: Dental information available. There were several teeth with untreated carries, and two amalgam fillings. Noteworthy though, is that tooth #10, an upper left, lateral incisor, which is right next to her two front most teeth was surgically removed prior to death and the corresponding alveolar space was partially obliterated by mature bone.
  • DNA: IN CODIS
  • Jewelry: One pearl, beaded bracelet
    Six rings,
    One gold band ring with six clear stones
    One silver band with a scroll design,
    Two thin silver bands
    One silver-colored ring with a turquoise horse or unicorn,
    One 1975, size 9 1/2, Robert E. Lee, Houston, TX High School ring. This ring has a blue stone with a silver colored, inexpensive metal band. It is unknown whether or not there were ever engravings on the inner side of the ring's band. The ring was upsized twice, which would have removed evidence of previous engravings. However, it does have an inlaid, "L" which many students chose as an option that year that stands for the school mascot, Robert E. Lee himself.
  • Nickname: “Princess Blue”
137UFTX.jpg
137UFTX1.jpg
137UFTX2.jpg

Victim's Rings
Case History
The victim was located on a pile of debris at the end of a Brazoria County road (101) just east of Highway 288 inside the Manvel city limits on September 10, 1990.
The skeleton was found by a man who had pulled off the highway to relieve himself. He stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.
No purse, wallet, clothing or hair were located around the skeleton, six rings were on the fingers, and a bracelet around her wrist.
The company that made Robert E. Lee High School's (now Lee High School) rings doesn't have records from 1975. The Lee class of 1975 had about 300 girls. Authorities would like to hear from any of the girls who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else.
Toxicology tests yielded no trace of opiates in her bone marrow. However, it is unknown whether or not other drugs were present, tested for or could have been tested for.

Investigators
<FONT color=black size=2>If you have any information about this case please contact:
Manvel Police Department
Detective Sergeant Jay Coffman
281-489-1212
Email
or
Brazoria County Sheriff's Office
Investigator Richard Rosser
281-756-2218
Email
or
Harris County Medical Examiner
713-796-9292
Or
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
800-346-3243

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
TXDPS U0310014

NCIC Number:
U-940003426
<FONT color=black>
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Chron Com
My Fox Houston 6/7/07
TXDPS

This site has some updates as compared with what was on this site about a year or so ago; however, it is missing a number of details including specifics about build and dentals. There is more detailed information in post 1, above.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0310014

Unidentified Person's Details

Date Picture Updated: 4/9/2007
u0310014a.jpg

Case Number: U0310014Agency: Harris Co. Medical Examiner's OfficeDate Found: 9/10/1990Estimated Date of Death: UnknownCause of Death: UnknownRace: WhiteSex: FemaleAge: 16 - 22 Height: 4' 10" - 5' 2 " Weight: Unknown Eye Color: UnknownHair Color: UnknownState Found: TexasCountry Found: USAClothing: Jewelry: a gold band with 6 clear stones, 2 thin silver bands, a silver band with a scroll design, a 1975 Robert E. Lee High School ring , a silver ring with a turquoise unicorn and a pearl-beaded bracelet.Miscellaneous: Dental information available. Drawings depict artist's conception of what this person would look like with short hair and with long hair.

Additional Pictures

U031014A.jpg

U031014B.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 4/17/2007
shorthair.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 4/17/2007
u03-10-014%20ring.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 7/9/2007
U0310014f.jpg

Status