Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone. I came across Princess Blue by way of a media story on houstonpress.com and it credited some WS members with great things. I am completely new at this, so this is in part to ask for help. Anyway, I have some thoughts about the profile of Princess Blue I thought I would share. As I have only read the first and some of the second part of this four part thread, I apologize if this is heavily repetitious, but has anyone mentioned that the timeline would seem to be unusual if the 1975 class ring was sentimental to Princess Blue for family reasons?

The owner of the ring would likely be born between 1955 and 1959.
Princess Blue's DOB is mainly thought to be from 1965 to 1973 using age at her death and TOD (which I realize has devolved into vast uncertainty) of no earlier than July/August 1989 to no later than April 1990.

If she is older (born in the 1960s), could the ring really be her mother's? That would be extremely unusual.
The elements that go along with a 11-13 year old girl having a child and still going on to finish enough high school that she orders a 1975 class ring smells of a strong supportive family structure (either for the mother or that the mother cared so tremendously for Princess Blue that she put her heart into giving her child a chance for a good life, which would certainly be grounds for Princess Blue to want her mother's ring, but also means that if the mother were alive at Princess Blue's disappearance, she would be looking for her with that same passion, whih may be a sign that the TOD is far off. And ordering a class ring as a working mother in high school seems weird, also.) Or on the sad side, Princess Blue’s mother experienced a very twisted, controlling and abusive family structure. The latter of which does not seem to produce high school graduates that order senior class rings, either. Therefore, if the ring belonged to Princess Blue mother, then IMO her DOB was during the mother’s high school years and in the early 1970s. But ultimately, I see the ring’s owner as someone else.

But on an investigative note, has anyone looked into finding information about pregnant women attending Robert E Lee High in the 1970s? If not, I would like to research births in the surrounding hospitals and perhaps cross reference that with names in the yearbooks. Does anyone know an efficient way to do this?

If the ring was not originally owned by Princess Blue’s mother, then the next most helpful scenario is an older sister who was born in the mid to late 1950s and had some type of tragedy happen to her between the time she ordered her class ring, Spring 1974 (I think) and the date of Princess Blue’s disappearance. Unfortunately, this may not be a death but after researching births in the hospitals surrounding Robert E Lee High School in the years of 1973,1974,1972,1971,1975,1970,1969… I want to research newspaper stories covering families who may have experienced double tragedies in the 1980s, starting with the later year, like 1988-89 and going backward. And I guess I am assuming that questions regarding this line have been asked of at least a few Robert E Lee graduates. But it would be good to know if no one asked about something tragic happening to a female student during their time there or to a female student’s family, as Princess Blue may have been raised by the sister from an early age, who owned the ring.

As far as an aunt or cousin goes, has anyone researched newspaper articles that cover missing 'orphans' that were being raised by a 'legal guardian', either 'aunt', 'uncle', 'aunt and uncle', or 'cousin'? Again, I’m very willing to do these things, I just don’t know much about researching things like this, so if someone who knows a good way how but cannot do it themselves, would help me out, I’d be very appreciative and willing to do the work.

And for the least helpful scenarios of the class ring not holding sentimental family value for Princess Blue, but instead being a conveyance of her personal like for jewelry or a quirky style in liking other people’s lost mementos… there are only a few things to say.
First, she is undoubtedly connected to Houston. Could it really be a coincidence that she was in foster care in, say, Iowa… came across a Houston high school ring and then came here, either by abduction or choice, and then died and left in that same city? I think it is very prudent to say that she or one of the foster home she might have been in… had ties to Houston at one time. Second, if she got it at a pawn shop, she would have had to have been a certain age, right? There is the possibility she didn’t buy it herself, but what are the chances she cares about it enough to wear it all those years if she didn't? And how many 8 year olds are buying rings at pawn shops?

This has the feeling of her being moderately young or buying it near the time of her disappearance. For instance, if she was born in the early 1960s and bought the ring at 16, say in 1979-80, would she still be wearing such a ring in 1989? How many people still love the stuff they buy at a pawn shop at 16 when they are 25? Obviously, it is possible (it could have become lucky or 1975 could have significance), but if one was to look into pawn shops around the Houston area, I would suggest starting with the late 1980s or around the trime of disaoppeance of a missing girl not yet found... if the 6-12 month time of death is untrustworthy.

The most important thing I think about the ring and other jewelry is what it says about her disappearance. And for this, I’m going to assume she was killed. In the event of someone being abducted, where their corpse is eventually discarded without clothing, certain things have to happen. Starting with the last, they have to be killed. I cannot recall the man’s name, but in my reading of this thread, I believe someone… somewhere mentioned a man who confessed to bringing girls to motels, having consensual sex, and then killing the girls; first by strangulation and then the second by stabbing. I think that in a scenario where Princess Blue was a victim of an abductor, that that type of thing best fits with the way the body was found. An abductor probably would not allow a girl he was holding alive for a period of time, years or months, to keep her rings because they are essentially weapons in the event of any slapping or punching. And if we are to go down the road that the jewelry was placed there by the killer (either replaced after being removed, something extremely odd in light of her being without clothing or put there as part of some type of process), then we should treat this as a type of behavioral signature, as disorganized as it might be or that maybe the killer had more of a personal relationshiop with Princess Blue. The other issue would be the issue of the killer keeping her body for a length of time, which is also a strong behavorial factorm I think.

But my main point is that, I do not think it is too likely that Princess Blue went missing too long before she died, if she was killed by a stranger. So, I think that insofar as we can conclude she was at least 15, at her death, younger girls than that, which went missing years before and would be the right age range at their death should be an “when all else fails” status.

GlassC

Hi, GlassC, and welcome.

You present some interesting information and scenarios, indeed. We have in fact discussed some of your points in the past, but what we have noted is that all discussions deserve to be brought up again.

We have explored the possibility of a pregnant teen as the mother, but I am not sure to what extent. In addition, we have explored the possibility that this could belong to an aunt or loved one.

Someone even brought up the point that the class ring may not have ANY family connection. Since Princess Blue seemed to love jewelry, it may have been purchased by PB or a family member for casual wear, which we have also not ruled out completely. You did mention this, and it has also been discussed.

One major concern is that no one seems to be looking for her. This led us to believe that there is some type of disconnection to the family- either by adoption, foster care, distance, nationality, or neglect.

So glad you stopped in to offer some insight! I am so glad to see that her story has been published enough to give wonderful, caring people like you an inspiration to seek out more info! We could use your help!

Sharon was abducted, while hitchhiking in Wyoming, by Royal Russell Long. The man who abducted her was picked up in New Mexico a year later. Long was a truck driver and I don't know if his route would have taken him to Texas. Long was implicated in the disappearance of 4 other young women, 2 in Wyoming and 2 in Oklahoma. Sharon was 12 when she disappeared in 1984, 5'3" and 110 lbs.

JoeDean, I hope you don't mind, but, I am going to start a separate thread for Sharon Baldeagle so people will be able to find her easier and hopefully make it easier to keep her details easier to keep together.

BTW- Thank you for adding her to Princess Blue's Forum. We appreciate any ideas, submissions, disscussions, etc., We hope to see you back here again!

Sharon was abducted, while hitchhiking in Wyoming, by Royal Russell Long. The man who abducted her was picked up in New Mexico a year later. Long was a truck driver and I don't know if his route would have taken him to Texas. Long was implicated in the disappearance of 4 other young women, 2 in Wyoming and 2 in Oklahoma. Sharon was 12 when she disappeared in 1984, 5'3" and 110 lbs.

JoeDean, I hope you don't mind, but, I am going to start a separate thread for Sharon Baldeagle so people will be able to find her easier and hopefully make it easier to keep her details easier to keep together.

BTW- Thank you for adding her to Princess Blue's Forum. We appreciate any ideas, submissions, disscussions, etc., We hope to see you back here again!
Thank you so much, I had searched for Sharon and found her referenced in other threads but could not find one for her. :)

wrote a long posted which got lost due to getting logged out- sigh.
But here's some things from Lee HS in 1975 I thought were interesting...

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/7660-robert-e-lee-high-school-drug-riot-of-75/

http://www.nbcuniversalarchives.com/nbcuni/clip/5112781952_s01.do

http://www.texastribune.org/library/data/texas-prisons/inmates/theodore-wayne-steele/17871/

Could this be his ring?
Lots of scenarios come to mind for me on how/why PB could come to have it.
A very long shot, I realize. But, interesting to me that someone with a violent history from that era at the school could have a connection to a young girl who died a violent death....

Could TWS be her father?
Revenge killing?

Just browsing through WS, saw your posts. The victim of Steele? went to T.H. Rogers Jr. High in Houston.

That school is no longer in use as a school, IIRC, now used for administrative purposes, and not all that far from Houston's Galleria Mall. T. H. Rogers fed into Lee High School in Houston at one time. There was a period, and I can't remember exactly when, when T. H. Rogers was used for special ED students.

From what I could tell, apparently the victim (Harvey, I think) came over to Lee HS to confront Steele, and Steele ended up killing him. Sounds like Steele did end up doing time from that... Since his next incarceration (10 years later) was for pretty violent offenses, he may have been mixed up in some bad stuff after he got out the first time.

Like I said, it's a long shot, but if PD was his daughter, could be a revenge thing? Or, if she got mixed up in the wrong crowd (somehow connected to him- like drugs or prostitution) maybe she ended up with his ring? The more I try to connect it, the more unlikely it sounds.... I'd love to know if he had a ring! (Or had a girlfriend in high school who had one?)

It's really too bad that we don't know how many people ordered rings that year!!!

Just browsing through WS, saw your posts. The victim of Steele? went to T.H. Rogers Jr. High in Houston.

That school is no longer in use as a school, IIRC, now used for administrative purposes, and not all that far from Houston's Galleria Mall. T. H. Rogers fed into Lee High School in Houston at one time. There was a period, and I can't remember exactly when, when T. H. Rogers was used for special ED students.

ETA- Odd that the article says that Randy Harvey went to a Jr. High-- the poster said that he knew John (the younger brother?) that Randy was coming to defend? Ah, but old memories do fade with time... Ok, I re-read the post and it looks like the poster was in 9th grade at the time and knew the younger brother. Maybe Randy was in 9th like the poster, and went over to Lee HS to fight Steele- who was older.
All speculation at this point anyway...

I wonder what the boyfriend's name is and if he went to Robert E Lee HS.

I've seen princess' school ring before. Not that exact one, but one minus the school name and date, otherwise it's the same. Walmart makes school rings. Just pick one out of their selection and you give them the information you want on it.

About the high school ring...Can anyone confirm it's from Robert E. Lee High School in Houston as opposed to the high school of the same name in Baytown or some other high school with the same name in still another location?

Reason I ask is the colors for Lee High School in Houston are Maroon and white, and the colors for the Baytown school are yellow and gray. In the past in Texas, it's been traditional to have the stone in a high school ring represent one of the school's two colors. Since the stone in the ring doesn't match the colors of either "Lee" High school in the Houston area, then perhaps it's some other Lee High School.

There's a chance the ring belonged to Princess Blue's killer too, I suppose. Maybe her killer wasn't too bright, found the ring, didn't know it was a girl's ring, had it re-sized to fit himself a couple of times because he wanted people to think he graduated high school from there. It's possible he gave her the ring to wear until something happened, and he killed her. I just can't fathom a woman having hands large enough to fit a 9 1/2 size ring. Do we know the sizes on any of the other rings Princess Blue was wearing?

About the high school ring...Can anyone confirm it's from Robert E. Lee High School in Houston as opposed to the high school of the same name in Baytown or some other high school with the same name in still another location?

Reason I ask is the colors for Lee High School in Houston are Maroon and white, and the colors for the Baytown school are yellow and gray. In the past in Texas, it's been traditional to have the stone in a high school ring represent one of the school's two colors. Since the stone in the ring doesn't match the colors of either "Lee" High school in the Houston area, then perhaps it's some other Lee High School. ...

The ring clearly says "Robert E Lee HS Houston".

attachment.php

Attachments

• Princess Blue Ring.jpg
    Princess Blue Ring.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 453
If every one would read through the previous threads about Princess Blue (part 1 to 4) there is a lot of information on what research that was done in the beginning stages.

The ring clearly says "Robert E Lee HS Houston".

attachment.php

I asked one of my dog rescue friends from Lee HS in Houston about this as she graduated around the same time and sent her a link, and poof she unfrended me and would not take my call when I was checking on another dog, it was so weird this happened about 6 mos ago. and she has completly shut me out, I dont know what to make of it but it creeps me out, I wonder if this girl could have been killed by HS friends? I cant help but think something is really wrong with someone who is acting like that ?:dunno:

Posted Princess Blue on our new FB page Never Forget Me where we're focusing on older cases; can anyone answer this?

Princess Blue-Sept.10,1990-Brazoria County Texas
Ring photo question

Monica Caison Have they sent out a notification for requesting information to each class member and maybe even the 10th and 11th grades? They list the people in charge of keeping track of the reunions contact them

I sent a FB PM to one of my best childhood friends whose parents died and she was sent to Texas to live with an aunt. She wasn't able to help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto