The Dogs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the new info reported by WINK that the dogs were kept in the garage, sadly they probably didn't have any doggie door (at least in the garage area) access to the yard. If its the same door we saw LE processing at the crime scene anyway.

But, as someone already pointed out if the dogs were in the garage, how could MS drive so quickly into the garage?

It would be nice if a neighbor could inform us if there is a doggie door.
A doggie door isn't always installed in a house door. Sometimes the doggie door is installed in the wall of the house. Photo example:
eu4UOSWIEbmXL4RuiWzHUJnzIr7E2ooiDljiTmlsuvcZPLcP04P1yov6p8bUQ_7bd9LsI4HYMFCX0OZ_G7WmpAsqwQIjmhD2LXGhx9rngkAhEkgBZaAW_15xSwisWt2qzNEDyAw

All the news of the doggies just breaks my heart, as I posted way back before we were even permitted to have a discussion about them.

Thank you wonderful mods for not only allowing the discussion now, but also having a separate thread!!

A special thank you to neighbors (and families of) who have been kind enough to stay on top of this subject. Your time and reporting are greatly appreciated!

We have many, many animal lovers here at WS and all we want is to see these sweet pets loved and cared for.

So, the dogs have still not been removed, even after vet services visited

Thank you for this information

So, the dogs have still not been removed, even after vet services visited

Thank you for this information

Right.....the dogs have not been removed according to the most recent link. And MS has not been issued a citation for their lack of care yet either.

However, the dogs current welfare/status was described as "marginal".

Maybe he thinks no one will talk and this case will die down and he can move back home. Might be why the dogs are still there. MHO is that he is staying with family members so the girls are there in case LE show up and haul him off.

Maybe he thinks no one will talk and this case will die down and he can move back home. Might be why the dogs are still there. MHO is that he is staying with family members so the girls are there in case LE show up and haul him off.

I respectfully disagree--I don't think he is staying with family members at all.
And I don't think he will ever move back into that house again.

Moo

Someone in my family lives in CA and their dog lives in the garage. They do not have air in the garage and even though it gets hot, the garage doesn't. Not sure how or why, but it just doesn't. This summer when it was in the 90's the garage was fine. The dog has food, water, toys and has a cage around three sides of the dog. The fourth side is surrounding the door from the garage to the backyard. This gives the dog the freedom to go outside at anytime.

Now, I noticed in the picture at the Sievers' they have a door like my family member and everyone else. Maybe it was left open for the dogs to go to and from. Something I was thinking about....they were called because the alarm was going off. They have their garage on an alarm? Most people I know don't include the garage because you pull in and out and can't shut it off. Not to mention, why would the alarm be on in the garage if the dogs were in there? Also, if the dogs were so neglected, Animal Control would have taken them.

Jmo, but I know that MSM typically doesn't get the whole story correct.

What other reason could he have for keeping the dogs if he isn't going to take them with him?

Why would there be a doggy door from the garage to the backyard? You'd have to deal with the dogs trying to escape every time you opened the garage door. It's obvious that the Sievers normally parked their vehicles in the garage.

I still say that if the dogs were in the garage yesterday, they had to have been restrained in some way. We've seen video of two occasions when Mark drove directly into the garage. No dogs in sight. In the prior video, he and the girls pulled the car in, got out of the car, and subsequently appeared with the leashed dogs and took them for a walk.

If, as mckazpm reported today, one of the dogs bolted as soon as it escaped the yard thru the gate, it's safe to assume it would do the same when the garage door opens up if it's loose in the garage.

I agree. My blood is boiling. There is not one good reason for this. He was responsible and if the media inhibits him from caring for the family dogs he should have made other arrangements-------MONTHS AGO. To me this gives insight into what kind of person he really is-------along with his bizarre behaviour and the envelope which may have his name on it. The clock is ticking, and I hope it is in justice's favor.

I can't believe he actually blamed the media, like its their fault he comes by less often.:what:

Why would there be a doggy door from the garage to the backyard? You'd have to deal with the dogs trying to escape every time you opened the garage door. It's obvious that the Sievers normally parked their vehicles in the garage.

I still say that if the dogs were in the garage yesterday, they had to have been restrained in some way. We've seen video of two occasions when Mark drove directly into the garage. No dogs in sight. In the prior video, he and the girls pulled the car in, got out of the car, and subsequently appeared with the leashed dogs and took them for a walk.

If, as mckazpm reported today, one of the dogs bolted as soon as it escaped the yard thru the gate, it's safe to assume it would do the same when the garage door opens up if it's loose in the garage.

Here is a photo example of a dog kennel that could be in a garage.
On the left side of the photo is what appears to be a doggie door allowing the dog to exit and re-enter the kennel without getting 'loose' in the garage.
Google internet search to find other examples, some are larger kennel areas.
1cf7110acc6d947c3d43c29de6b8fa0f.jpg

I can't believe he actually blamed the media, like its their fault he comes by less often.:what:

The way he is treating these poor dogs is disgraceful...what did they do to deserve such cruelty and neglect? So hope someone can give them a temporary home with food, water, exercise and human interaction and love...really not too much to ask!

Maybe there is a doggie door in the rear of the house somewhere but it is being kept locked because the alarm is on since MS isn't around much--and maybe one of the dogs pawed at or bit the lock part of the doggie door ?? Would that trip an alarm? Possibly. I've had all kinds of alarm systems internally & exterior-wise too.

Also, doggie doors can be activated by some system in a dog's collar that will allow for opening & closing the doggie door. That could come into place here with accidentally tripping the alarm too!

I just can't get over that one of the dogs is old and marginal. Leaving a faithful family member in the garage all day. Ugh

What did he say that makes you think he is blaming the media? I am guessing it's in one of the articles for subscribers only or one I missed. Can you copy the quote he gave? Thx.

There is an update to the WINK News report. Vet saw the dogs today. Dogs are in marginal condition. No citation anticipated. Mark gave officials an explanation for their condition. Listen for yourself.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/16/deputies-animal-control-officers-called-to-sievers-home/

Didn't see anyone in the car other than Mark Sievers. IMO, impossible for dogs to have been in garage unless they were crated or confined in some way as they would have run out the garage door while Mark was entering and exiting.

Arrrghhhhhh! "Marginal" condition is UNACCEPTABLE for any pet! I don't give a ratsass if his schedule has changed (the office is closed, no?) the press are keeping an eye on his house or whatever excuses he has for leaving two large dogs in a single car garage, no air, no food, no water, no outside access! Was he hoping the dogs would die because that's the only reason I can see for letting that situation occur. At this point, I feel less empathy for him than I do the dogs, although my empathy for him was waning each day as time went on with the dogs trapped at the house alone.

To me, the garage looks like it might be two single car garages, so we did see him zip in there just like mckazpm and creepingskills said. The dogs in the other small garage. :maddening: :notgood:

*exasperated sigh while stomping foot* I mean, of course I feel empathy and sympathy for anyone losing their life partner and parent of their children, but just as that person would continue to take care of a helpless baby or child, they would take care of vulnerable and loved pets. One would think. Suck it up man, do what you need to do. Screw the media, don't look, don't speak, just do the right thing. Imagine how the girls would feel knowing the condition the dogs are in now, let alone if they died a horrible, torturous death through neglect.

Give your housekey to a friend or pet sitter to take care of four-legged family! Board the dogs! Beg someone to take them for you!

EDITED TO ADD: these are my opinions, my thoughts, my suppositions, my assumptions and my speculations ONLY

Arrrghhhhhh! "Marginal" condition is UNACCEPTABLE for any pet! I don't give a ratsass if his schedule has changed (the office is closed, no?) the press are keeping an eye on his house or whatever excuses he has for leaving two large dogs in a single car garage, no air, no food, no water, no outside access! Was he hoping the dogs would die because that's the only reason I can see for letting that situation occur. At this point, I feel less empathy for him than I do the dogs, although my empathy for him was waning each day as time went on with the dogs trapped at the house alone.

To me, the garage looks like it might be two single car garages, so we did see him zip in there just like mckazpm and creepingskills said. The dogs in the other small garage. :maddening: :notgood:

*exasperated sigh while stomping foot* I mean, of course I feel empathy and sympathy for anyone losing their life partner and parent of their children, but just as that person would continue to take care of a helpless baby or child, they would take care of vulnerable and loved pets. One would think. Suck it up man, do what you need to do. Screw the media, don't look, don't speak, just do the right thing. Imagine how the girls would feel knowing the condition the dogs are in now, let alone if they died a horrible, torturous death through neglect.

Give your housekey to a friend or pet sitter to take care of four-legged family! Board the dogs! Beg someone to take them for you!

I applaud any neighbor who is purposely setting off the alarm in order to draw attention to the dog's plight. I'd throw a rock through a window in a heartbeat to start the alarm every freaking day if it would get attention to them. I am in no way recommending or condoning vandalism or breaking the law here - I am just frothing at the mouth. Nothing new.

Yikes ! I don't recall hearing or reading that MS was "leaving two large dogs in a single car garage, no air, no food, no water, no outside access!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back