The Duct Tape Match #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, that would explain why there wasn't any in the house in December. They used it all on posters.

But, they didn't replace it. No more posters to hang up?

But, they didn't replace it. No more posters to hang up?

See, this is another indication that they knew. The couldn't have conveniently used the last piece of duct tape on their last roll when they hung their last poster. When her body was found and they heard about the duct tape on her face they threw away every piece and roll they had in the house. Because they knew!

Unless, of course, it's just another one of those coincidences . . . :rolleyes:

I don't think they knew that there was duct tape involved. I just think they used up all the duct tape on the flyers. And then (as we all watched) didn't actually hang out at the hardware store to get more. They kind of cloistered up there.

I'm sure GA didn't put "duct tape" on the grocery list they were having people cart to them while they were hidey-holing.

I don't think they knew that there was duct tape involved. I just think they used up all the duct tape on the flyers. And then (as we all watched) didn't actually hang out at the hardware store to get more. They kind of cloistered up there.

I'm sure GA didn't put "duct tape" on the grocery list they were having people cart to them while they were hidey-holing.

I'd agree, if Cindy's attitude hadn't suddenly taken a dramatic turn for the worst in the middle of November and Cindy hadn't sent P.I.Casey out to Suburban (Cindy's own words right when Caylee was found was she'd already sent somebody there) with a stick and spade looking for 3 pavers and a trash bag.

Obviously George and Cindy didn't know anything about duct tape when they were out putting up posters. But, I will never believe P.I. Casey went digging for 3 pavers and trash bags, just a few yards from where Caylee really was, based upon a phone call from a psychic.

jmo

WFTV deserves some sort of reward for their efforts, I am just thrilled that they had the initiative to dig. :woohoo:
AFAIC, they are the only channel that actually has "investigative"
reporters, the rest are just puppets with scripts

Whiteangora, I have to respectfully disagree with you on part of this, having watched all the local stations for the last year.

I agree, Kathi has been great, love her - she asks the questions we'd all like to ask ("Casey, did you kill Caylee?") and is definitely the biggest thorn in the defense's side, but all the other stations have broken stories too. None of them are Baez puppets by any means.

Tony Pipitone and Mike Deforest at Local 6 and Bob Kealing at WESH 2 especially have done some fine investigative reporting.

Just had to give props to all the local stations for breaking stories in this case and trying to get justice for Caylee. :)

See, this is another indication that they knew. The couldn't have conveniently used the last piece of duct tape on their last roll when they hung their last poster. When her body was found and they heard about the duct tape on her face they threw away every piece and roll they had in the house. Because they knew!

Unless, of course, it's just another one of those coincidences . . . :rolleyes:

But Zenaida and Samantha could have knocked them down and stolen it!
It could happen....

You are right, there was no duct tape found in the Anthony house when LE searched after Caylee's body was found.

In July, the Anthony's were unwittingly taping up Caylee posters with the same kind of duct tape (probably from the same roll) KC had used on Caylee. In November, Cindy said, she sent somebody out to Suburban (Cindy's own words). Cindy looked like death warmed over, was shakey and couldn't even talk when she did the interview where Barth spoke.

Coincidently the Anthony family also seems to have totally sworn off of duct tape by the time of the LE search.

jmo

BBM

I have to wonder what George thinks now, KNOWING that he probably handled the roll of duct tape that was used on Caylee, in order to put up posters OF Caylee.

I'd agree, if Cindy's attitude hadn't suddenly taken a dramatic turn for the worst in the middle of November and Cindy hadn't sent P.I.Casey out to Suburban (Cindy's own words right when Caylee was found was she'd already sent somebody there) with a stick and spade looking for 3 pavers and a trash bag.

Obviously George and Cindy didn't know anything about duct tape when they were out putting up posters. But, I will never believe P.I. Casey went digging for 3 pavers and trash bags, just a few yards from where Caylee really was, based upon a phone call from a psychic.

jmo

I'm not arguing that there may be family involvement in DC's visit to the woods. I'm just arguing them knowing enough detail to have any knowledge of duct tape. It's one thing to tell some one "she here and look for pavers and a black trash bag". It's another thing to say "by the way, I duct taped her mouth shut".

It isn't logical.

Whiteangora, I have to respectfully disagree with you on part of this, having watched all the local stations for the last year.

I agree, Kathi has been great, love her - she asks the questions we'd all like to ask ("Casey, did you kill Caylee?") and is definitely the biggest thorn in the defense's side, but all the other stations have broken stories too. None of them are Baez puppets by any means.

Tony Pipitone and Mike Deforest at Local 6 and Bob Kealing at WESH 2 especially have done some fine investigative reporting.

Just had to give props to all the local stations for breaking stories in this case and trying to get justice for Caylee. :)

It was one of those two - Deforest or Pipitone that challenged BC after his erroneous comment about duct tape - they obviously read documents more closely than he does.

BBM

I have to wonder what George thinks now, KNOWING that he probably handled the roll of duct tape that was used on Caylee, in order to put up posters OF Caylee.

That would make anyone shudder.

I'm not arguing that there may be family involvement in DC's visit to the woods. I'm just arguing them knowing enough detail to have any knowledge of duct tape. It's one thing to tell some one "she here and look for pavers and a black trash bag". It's another thing to say "by the way, I duct taped her mouth shut".

It isn't logical.

I didn't mean to imply that Casey told them that she taped her mouth. I was trying to say that once Cindy and George realized (at the discovery of the body) that tape was involved they felt sure enough that Casey was involved that they knew they should get rid of all the tape they had in their house because it probably matched that on the body. And then when it was revealed that it was this specific, rare brand of tape I think George and Cindy knew for sure that they had used the same kind to put up the posters.

BBM

:sick: again,as he did during LE interview.
I just asked the same question on another thread. The horror they continue to suffer.

I don't think we can conclude that LE did not notice the duct tape match on the posters just because we haven't seen it in a document dump yet.

If they hadn't noticed, I betcha they know now! (Thanks Kathy Belich!!)

FX Wiz said:
Hi, I'm new here.... I too noticed that the FBI described seeing a black oval Henkel logo, printed in reverse on the adhesive side and is visible to be read through the non-sticky side. That was my interpretation anyway.
I have used ALOT of duct tape during almost 30 years in the amusement/attraction business. I've used many colors too, and have seen it degrade from UV and the elements. I have yet to see this elusive "black oval" on, in, or under the backing or adhesive side of DUCT tape. If what was on the skull was DUCT tape. I think the FBI just called it tape. But I say "elusive" black oval because last weekend I went to Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Lowes, Walmart and BigLots all within 10 miles of the Anthony's house (cuz thats where I live, lol) and I looked for any roll of tape with the Henkel logo on the tape itself. In fact a few of the rolls of the silver "duck" tape had already been opened so I peeled back the end to look at the adhesive underneath. Hmmmm, looked like a sleuth had already been there, lol. BTW, I don't care what is printed on the cardboard core. There are numerous "brands" but MOST use Henkel Adhesive.The cardboard part was not at the scene or on the gas can. The 800 pound gorilla tape is in the room! This is SPECIAL and UNIQUE tape! If one of you find this imprinted tape, let me know. Remember, it also says 200 F on it, which doesn't sound like a very high temperature to me. I suppose also a company may "hide" printing inside tape for maintanence reasons, such as, if after time and exposure you begin to see the logo, then it's time to replace the tape. I dunno.
AND
So... the FBI studied 82 rolls of duct tape and only ONE had printing on it. 1 out of 82! They said it was "on one side" and then they said some had camoflauge "on one side". I own a roll of the camoflauge and it's printed on the front side or visible side. I'm getting more convinced that the A's tape had a VISIBLE logo ON it, and this will be projected on a huge screen for all to see, while the jury realizes their own roll in their junk drawer at home has NO logo on it.
These were the first two posts I ever made to this original thread back on 2/26/09. The duct tape is the whole reason I joined WS in the first place. Here's a link to the FBI study I mentioned:
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/jan2007/research/2007_01_research01.htm
I am so thrilled that the same logo emblazoned tape has now been spotted on one of the A's cardboard posters!
So... to reiterate what I fantasized about 8 months ago... I pictured an overhead projector in the courtroom showing this rare tape on a screen and the jury thinking "gee, I've NEVER seen duct tape with this logo on it"!

These were the first two posts I ever made to this original thread back on 2/26/09. The duct tape is the whole reason I joined WS in the first place. Here's a link to the FBI study I mentioned:
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/jan2007/research/2007_01_research01.htm
I am so thrilled that the same logo emblazoned tape has now been spotted on one of the A's cardboard posters!
So... to reiterate what I fantasized about 8 months ago... I pictured an overhead projector in the courtroom showing this rare tape on a screen and the jury thinking "gee, I've NEVER seen duct tape with this logo on it"!

You were spot on! I look forward to seeing your "vision" realized.

I hope you are right!
I think it would be great if they did, and took a sample so it could at lest show that the tape on the poster is the same as was on the gas can, so the Anthony's can't claim the tape from the can came from somewhere else. It would go a lot further than pictures from a news station at least, should it be helpful for the prosecution.

Actually I think it might almost be better if they are only just discovering the duct tape use on the signs today from the report.

There is enough from the markings alone to link the three uses of duct tape. They now have video of GA hanging signs using the exact same make model and labeling of tape that is found on Caylee. Having an actual sample opens it up to weird science games similar to what we saw the A's lawyer pulling yesterday. Whereas the video alone of GA hanging those signs is extremely powerful and will have as much impact with the jury, if not more, as any potential science coming off of that particular piece of tape. Yeah LKB and JB may be able to call into question the tape from the gas can and the tape on Caylee with that FBI document. But there is no way a jury will discount that same tape appearing three times within the family unit as a coincidence or mismatch. It will not matter what the fiber count or content is on that third example. As soon as they see that the defense arguement is cooked.

Further if LE has not seen those videos of GA hanging signs yet, it means that they are only now hauling GA CA and LA in for further questioning regarding the origin of said tape. Place of purchase? Uses? What exactly happened to every last bit of it? They don't have to be particularly polite about it at this point. It ratchets up the preasure on the whole family. This is a good thing.

Kathi B really did an outstanding job on this today. She put the same tape as that found on Caylee in her Grandfathers hands on Camera and on a ton of "Missing Caylee" posters. That is a visual image that will be damning for her mother.

What was the date George pulled the suicide act? Did we know about the duct tape placed on Caylee by then? The poster who pointed out how George would feel knowing he used the same tape Caylee's face was wrapped in made me think of that.

ETA: Wonder if CA is going to put out a hit on KB by her people that "fly under the radar"?

Can't you just hear CA in that smug voice saying "Lot's of people had access to that tape!" :innocent:

I am not sure this will give any insight but for what it's worth, we own a trout farm and use duct tape all the time for pipes, etc. Our pond is gravity-fed through a huge 6 inch pipe connected in some places with duct tape. Part of the pipe lays in the creek surrounded by water. We have to replace this duct tape every so often because the elements (sun, water, cold, etc.) changes the size and efficacy of the tape. So I am hoping that the Henkel brand tape they found on Caylee only differs in fibers because it was exposed to the elements for several months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back