The Duct Tape Match

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for asking - I had thought they did take a roll. Hopefully, someone will clarify. Thanks!

I don't believe any rolls of duct tape were found. Which is kind of strange in itself. :waitasec:

ITA!! Isn't it ironic that after all the posing KC has done. Posing as employed, an event planner, a mother........ that the duct tape was only posing as common. I bet GA bought the tape to repair a hole in his precious gas can. The one that warranted a police report, when the smell of death in his daughters impounded car didn't. :slap:

Maybe we should ponder why George bought that quality of tape for a moment. Perhaps George, the families car maintenance man, used it for temporary fixes in the cars-hoses and such! Wonder if any of this tape was used on the Pontiac? Would that have shown up in any of the doc dumps?:waitasec:

:yes: ITA Muzikman Thank You George! :clap:

GA you may not be standing up & being a voice for Caylee....at least for now...I still have hope, that if there is one person that someday will...it'll be George....if only he would get away from CA...... that at least he bought some darn good tape. He did boast that he was always cleaning the cars & that he maintained things around the house...somewhat like someone with OCD....so he does seem like the type to buy the good duct tape! She for sure didn't watch CSI with all of her full attention to details....I'm so glad she didn't....even if she did....I still don't think she is smart enough to have covered her :butt: no matter what she watched. IMO

GA does come off to me like someone who has OCD, & they are very particular about things being done properly & with perfection etc. (I date someone who has OCD & see these types of things with him all of the time! 24-7 :banghead: He is always making sure things that we buy are of good quality etc. etc.....drives me :crazy: ) If you get what I'm trying saying....Too bad he didn't stand up to CA a long time ago, instead of CA telling him, he wasn't a cop anymore, & to butt out of KC's business, when he kept trying to tell CA that KC was lying about working etc.!

Too bad he was too scared of CA, & didn't investigate KC, when he suspected her lying behind her back....We might not be here today, with a forum about Caylee, & she just maybe would still be alive today....if only he had the courage yrs ago to stand up to CA.

I know in my heart, as much as he irks me, that deep down in his heart, he knows this too! :shakehead:

My belief is that there is much more evidence, yet to be seen in the future that together will seal KC's fate forever. MOO The SA isn't going to let Baez have it all just yet...just a little at a time....come the trial I believe there will be even more telling facts.

:clap: Concerned Papa you have proven that you are an expert at :sleuth:ing!!!!
The :crown: is going to you for uncovering much of this way back in May! :blowkiss:

BRB: I need to read the begining of this thread, but need to re-boot my PC is lagging for some stupid reason tonight. :confused:

:angel:

I don't believe any rolls of duct tape were found. Which is kind of strange in itself. :waitasec:

Nope, no rolls. Only pieces off the gas can and shelf brackets.

I might add...I have one roll in the house, and it disappeared when my daughter took it to wrap soccer cleats. I did not miss it for months. Point is, while we all think of duct tape as this all-purpose, everyday-use sort of product, MOST of us only reach for it every few months. If KC took the roll and discarded it, I can understand George not missing it and therefore not feeling the need to rush out and get a new roll.

BBM

I KNOW! Doesn't it just chap you? Unbelievable! I bet CA is chewing GA out tonight for not throwing that duct tape out "just in case.".

If there weren't any rolls confiscated, I'll bet that they were thrown out while Casey was out on bond. Too bad she missed a piece or 2. :banghead:

Wouldn't it be awesome if LE collected the Anthony's garbage every day that she was out - secretly, maybe they enlisted the garbagemen - and they had those rolls, as well as other incriminating evidence?

We can only hope! :)

If there weren't any rolls confiscated, I'll bet that they were thrown out while Casey was out on bond. Too bad she missed a piece or 2. :banghead:

Wouldn't it be awesome if LE collected the Anthony's garbage every day that she was out - secretly, maybe they enlisted the garbagemen - and they had those rolls, as well as other incriminating evidence?

We can only hope! :)

You're right Muzikman,we can only hope!
The thing is;and I hate to put a damper on the hopefulness,without a roll of tape,and no fingerprints of Caseys' on the tape,we still don't have her directly tied to it....doesn't it make it moot. The only thing they have is pieces of tape here and there.

You're right Muzikman,we can only hope!
The thing is;and I hate to put a damper on the hopefulness,without a roll of tape,and no fingerprints of Caseys' on the tape,we still don't have her directly tied to it....doesn't it make it moot. The only thing they have is pieces of tape here and there.

My hope is that George brought some rolls with him from Ohio, where it is manufactured, and they have some kind of lot number and LE will be able to prove that it didn't come from a FLORIDA store, but a Warren OH store. :)

I know it's a slim chance, but so many other odd things have happened in this case, it is entirely possible. :)

My hope is that George brought some rolls with him from Ohio, where it is manufactured, and they have some kind of lot number and LE will be able to prove that it didn't come from a FLORIDA store, but a Warren OH store. :)

I know it's a slim chance, but so many other odd things have happened in this case, it is entirely possible. :)

I was thinking that to when I saw Ohio. Now wouldn't that just be to awesome!!!:martini:

That would be perfect!

I've also always wondered about the May 26th "no clothes party" duct tape that was Amys',that Casey "lost". The quote on Face Book from Amy was:"You lost my duct tape.I was excited to have so much left. That's what I get for giving you my purse."

But I'm sure LE checked with Amy about what kind of duct tape it was.

Wouldn't that be sweet! Oh please Lord, please let it be so!
Justice for Caylee!

That would be some really old duct tape.

That would be perfect!

I've also always wondered about the May 26th "no clothes party" duct tape that was Amys',that Casey "lost". The quote on Face Book from Amy was:"You lost my duct tape.I was excited to have so much left. That's what I get for giving you my purse."

Hmm! Wonder if AH got this tape from her dad, and he knows what type it is? I REALLY hope they have the definitive link back to KC with this tape!

I thought that odd duct tape was only made in 2006 - 2007, in which case, I don't think they would have bought it in Ohio. They had already been living in Florida for some years by then.

No matter, no jury worth the time it takes to select it is going to miss the significance of that particular duct tape turning up on those gas cans AND on baby Caylee.

Remember the inside of their garage? Those people didn't look like they throw anything away. I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

I thought that odd duct tape was only made in 2006 - 2007, in which case, I don't think they would have bought it in Ohio. They had already been living in Florida for some years by then.

No matter, no jury worth the time it takes to select it is going to miss the significance of that particular duct tape turning up on those gas cans AND on baby Caylee.

Maybe he bought it when he visited some of his family. Maybe he got it from someone in his family on a visit...

ITA!! Isn't it ironic that after all the posing KC has done. Posing as employed, an event planner, a mother........ that the duct tape was only posing as common. I bet GA bought the tape to repair a hole in his precious gas can. The one that warranted a police report, when the smell of death in his daughters impounded car didn't. :slap:

bbm
Wow, Well, said! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I'd never thought about it like that, but yeah...a cheap gas can! and I suppose you could throw in the expense of getting a new cheap lock for the shed, too, and that all costs what....like...~9.78 at LOWE'S? How much did the tape cost?

Months ago, I asked the maintenance guy at work if he'd ever seen tape like this, and after pondering, he said he used industrial duct tape with a diagonal-set logo when he worked at the local ...I can't remember what they are called....motorcoach factory? like, where they manufacture fancy motor homes.

So, I wonder if that kind of tape is frequently used in vehicle mechanical work or vehicle manufacturing. I'm sorry if I sound stupid, I'm tired and don't know anything about cars. GA worked at car dealership(s), so...if there was a service center at the dealership, maybe this supercool expensive tape was hanging around the shop or something?

I mean, sure he could have just bought it at Lowe's. I can only remember right this minute that the tape was found on his gas can and maybe one other thing and then sweet little Caylee. So, did the rest of the tape:

a) get used up elsewhere (and then all those items were disposed?) before Caylee and beginning and/or including the gas can and other thing

b) get thrown away by CA (either one) after used on Caylee

c) There was only a partial roll brought into the A house initially, because it was a half-used roll pilfered by GA in order to repair said gas can and/or other thing? Then the rest was used by Casey and the empty or nearly empty roll was thrown away?

d)something else

e)I'm too tired and need to shut up and go to bed:)

Man, I am jonsin' for a doc dump;)

According to the records -the tape only goes back to 1998! So, I doubt it came from Ohio-but, there's always a slim chance somehow, someway it did!!
George did various security jobs-he may have picked it up somewhere on a job.
Or as chefmom said-"Wonder if AH got this tape from her dad, and he knows what type it is?'
The tapes uses include "holding seaming and sealing HVAC sheet metal and flex ducts."
I still think this kind of tape was at the Anthony's for a reason-George must have needed it for something! I'm sure KC didn't know know it was industrial strength duct tape. Thank God it was-it lasted through decomposition, scavengers and a hurricane!
Sigh-Bless you Caylee! The universe is working it's hand in this for your justice and it's coming Angel!!
ka12.gif

That would be perfect!

Didn't Amy work in theatre? Would they use this tape around a set, so lighting wouldnt cause it to burn and melt?

I remember reading the part about how this brand of duct tape was one of or the most commonly used in the US. I called BS then and I'm glad to see it proven now. My grand dad and my dad had duct tape around ALWAYS and I was raised in Ohio and knew that I'd never seen this brand of duct tape ever. They built houses, did the plumbing in them, the electrical wiring, and I never saw that brand. I've never bought that brand. So happy to hear that it's now proven to be a rather rare type. And it doesn't suprise me one bit that GA used the rare type.

Bravo to all who proved this. MOO

The part about LE having the garbage people turn over the A's garbage....I so hope that is true. And if BF/or FBI tested a pizza box for smell, I'm hoping it's not too much to think LE may have gotten the garbage.

Maybe we should ponder why George bought that quality of tape for a moment. Perhaps George, the families car maintenance man, used it for temporary fixes in the cars-hoses and such! Wonder if any of this tape was used on the Pontiac? Would that have shown up in any of the doc dumps?:waitasec:

I really do think he may have been repairing the gas can but he could have also bought it to repair KC's car's leaking gas line or whatever. A roll of fireproof tape was probably cheaper than a new gas can and definately cheaper than a car repair and I think he probably has to account for every cent to CA.
I wonder, if he did in fact report his gas can as stolen, he didn't describe it, including the tape on some police report. It may have been a tape, he became familiar with when he worked in the car business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust