The Duct Tape Match

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the inside of their garage? Those people didn't look like they throw anything away. I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

..ita!

Didn't Amy work in theatre? Would they use this tape around a set, so lighting wouldnt cause it to burn and melt?

I think I remember that was found to be "gaffer's tape?" Like, some sort of tape used on sets...or costumes or something for theater?

If there weren't any rolls confiscated, I'll bet that they were thrown out while Casey was out on bond. Too bad she missed a piece or 2. :banghead:

Wouldn't it be awesome if LE collected the Anthony's garbage every day that she was out - secretly, maybe they enlisted the garbagemen - and they had those rolls, as well as other incriminating evidence?

We can only hope! :)

Remember the lady who stole the A's garbage?? Imagine if the missing roll was in there!!

I think I remember that was found to be "gaffer's tape?" Like, some sort of tape used on sets...or costumes or something for theater?
A gaffer is the guy/gal who tapes down the electrical cables on a movie set, stage etc. so cameras can roll by and people don't trip hence the name Gaffers Tape. It's not fireproof though, or wasn't back in the 80's when I lived that stuff. It's just wide, silver Duct tape. The people doing lighting used clips to secure anything that came in contact with heat.

The tape shown in the evidence photos that have been released of the gas can, is a very unusual, unique type of duct tape.

I became curious after viewing the pictures because in 35 years of commercial construction here in Florida, I have never seen duct tape with the manufacturer’s logo, temperature tolerance, model numbers, etc. printed on the face of the tape.

I sent e-mails to the Henkel Corp. questioning the type of tape shown in the photos of the gas can. I received an e-mail reply from Henkel identifying the tape as Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape”, which has been discontinued

Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” was designed to “hold, seam, and seal HVAC sheet metal and flex ducts” according to company information bulletins.

Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” held such a minor share of Henkel’s sales, it has been discontinued. A minor share, of a less than major share, of duct tape sales in general does not qualify for “the most common duct tape sold in this country” as stated by the defense.

If the Anthony's had work done to their home's a/c and heating system, that could have been the source of this unique type of tape.

I wonder if Fireguard Duck tape might be useful in the Repair Department of a Lexus dealership. For hoses or something? Wouldn't it be poetic justice if GA helped himself to a roll of it while performing his security guard duties, and it turned out that his act of petty theft helped convict KC and bring justice for Caylee.

True - she should have watched a few more CSI episodes!

And, to think that this wouldn't have been an issue if she'd bought the tape at Target! LOL!

But instead of buying it, she ripped it off from GA, just like the gasoline and money she stole. How deliciously ironic if this is what helps convict her of murdering sweet Caylee.

I wonder if Fireguard Duck tape might be useful in the Repair Department of a Lexus dealership. For hoses or something? Wouldn't it be poetic justice if GA helped himself to a roll of it while performing his security guard duties, and it turned out that his act of petty theft helped convict KC and bring justice for Caylee.

That's what I'm thinking!! My mechanic uses tape like this-he calls it 200 mile an hour tape cause that's what they use in NASCAR!!

My hope is that George brought some rolls with him from Ohio, where it is manufactured, and they have some kind of lot number and LE will be able to prove that it didn't come from a FLORIDA store, but a Warren OH store. :)

I know it's a slim chance, but so many other odd things have happened in this case, it is entirely possible. :)

---------------------------
I am thinking the same thing.I'm going to go into Warren Ohio site (hopefully) and see if they have any tape.I am not far from Avon and haven't found any yet.

bbm
Wow, Well, said! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I'd never thought about it like that, but yeah...a cheap gas can! and I suppose you could throw in the expense of getting a new cheap lock for the shed, too, and that all costs what....like...~9.78 at LOWE'S? How much did the tape cost?

Months ago, I asked the maintenance guy at work if he'd ever seen tape like this, and after pondering, he said he used industrial duct tape with a diagonal-set logo when he worked at the local ...I can't remember what they are called....motorcoach factory? like, where they manufacture fancy motor homes.

So, I wonder if that kind of tape is frequently used in vehicle mechanical work or vehicle manufacturing. I'm sorry if I sound stupid, I'm tired and don't know anything about cars. GA worked at car dealership(s), so...if there was a service center at the dealership, maybe this supercool expensive tape was hanging around the shop or something?

I mean, sure he could have just bought it at Lowe's. I can only remember right this minute that the tape was found on his gas can and maybe one other thing and then sweet little Caylee. So, did the rest of the tape:

a) get used up elsewhere (and then all those items were disposed?) before Caylee and beginning and/or including the gas can and other thing

b) get thrown away by CA (either one) after used on Caylee

c) There was only a partial roll brought into the A house initially, because it was a half-used roll pilfered by GA in order to repair said gas can and/or other thing? Then the rest was used by Casey and the empty or nearly empty roll was thrown away?

d)something else

e)I'm too tired and need to shut up and go to bed:)

Man, I am jonsin' for a doc dump;)

Me too! LOL!!!

He did security at Lexus around the time KC would have been needing the duct tape didn't he? I could see him pocketing some job benefits. It sounds like expensive tape to buy a whole roll unless you have a few uses for it.
It also doesn't sound like the kind of tape you can rip with your teeth, which might explain the dinner? knife they found in the car.
I'm tired too and can't really think to respond to your great theories in detail but will come back tomorrow (Doc dump day!!!!!!!) :woohoo: to edit.
Sweet dreams!

Nope, no rolls. Only pieces off the gas can and shelf brackets.

I might add...I have one roll in the house, and it disappeared when my daughter took it to wrap soccer cleats. I did not miss it for months. Point is, while we all think of duct tape as this all-purpose, everyday-use sort of product, MOST of us only reach for it every few months. If KC took the roll and discarded it, I can understand George not missing it and therefore not feeling the need to rush out and get a new roll.

Didn't Amy work in theatre? Would they use this tape around a set, so lighting wouldnt cause it to burn and melt?

I'm thinking that if the tape had been in the house long enough for George to use it on a shelf bracket and gas can that it probably isn't the one Amy was talking about in her message that Casey took. IIRC the "Anything But Clothes" party was at the end of May. But who really cares where it came from? The biggest point is that it can be linked to items in the Anthony house. That's close enough for me and probably close enough for a jury, too.

In my twisted fantasies....all of the Anthonys should be required to wear only Henkel-FD-30-Fireguard-Duct-Tape-created clothing for the rest of their life.

Including headgear!

JMO....

ETA: I wonder if Miss KC ever disposed of said roll of duct tape while spending countless hours and hours at 'ol JB's office..........

This is great news and my thanks to Muzikman for all of the effort he has expended for us here at WS !!!!!!!!

Just wondering if Casey threw the roll of duct tape away after she used what she needed on Caylee. I don't think not having the roll really matters when theres identical "rare" matching tape on George's gas can at their residence. In some murder cases it wouldn't take much more than this link to convict, but they do have more...so thankful Casey is an idiot !

I wonder if the perp has heard the good news yet. I bet she has another hand-wringing, hyperventilating fit :)

She will be SO MAD at GA for buying rare duct- tape. hehehehhehehe. I get giddy just thinking about it.

But I thought that the document said that it was not sold through Home Depot only Lowes, Ace, and one other store. Maybe they just got mixed up about where they purchased it?
I may have gotten the store name mixed up when I mentioned that post. I was working from (failing) memory.

It was a local "big box" type home improvement store.

ETA: We definitely had an Orlando local report purchasing the Henkel logo tape in Orlando. He posted photos of his. I'd have to look up the post to pin down which store he named.

Maybe KC used the shovel to bury the roll of tape...so much easier than burying Caylee.

I'm thinking that if the tape had been in the house long enough for George to use it on a shelf bracket and gas can that it probably isn't the one Amy was talking about in her message that Casey took. IIRC the "Anything But Clothes" party was at the end of May. But who really cares where it came from? The biggest point is that it can be linked to items in the Anthony house. That's close enough for me and probably close enough for a jury, too.
(my bold)

The tape on the shelf brackets was not the "Henkel" logo tape.

This tends to highlight the absence of rolls of duct tape at the A's house somewhat in my mind, because that means there were at least two rolls of tape.

Only thing is, we don't know that the "Henkel" tape was ever part of the A's household, only that there was a piece on the gas can. That could have been put there while the can was out of the house (i.e., in the trunk).

Sure would like to know if Amy remembered anything distinctive about her roll of tape, but I guess we would have seen that in an interview transcript.

You're right Muzikman,we can only hope!
The thing is;and I hate to put a damper on the hopefulness,without a roll of tape,and no fingerprints of Caseys' on the tape,we still don't have her directly tied to it....doesn't it make it moot. The only thing they have is pieces of tape here and there.

CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE....don't know about you excellent Sleuthers but personally, I believe this case will convict KC on a tremendous, unexplainable amount of circumstantial evidence! And I can't wait to see the SA's time line unfold with that - maybe in opening statement??

Maybe we should ponder why George bought that quality of tape for a moment. Perhaps George, the families car maintenance man, used it for temporary fixes in the cars-hoses and such! Wonder if any of this tape was used on the Pontiac? Would that have shown up in any of the doc dumps?:waitasec:

BBM
Fireproof Duct Tape could have been used on the Air conditioner or perhaps the Dryer?

GA sure did buy some heavy duty duct tape

I don't believe any rolls of duct tape were found. Which is kind of strange in itself. :waitasec:

Wonder if Casey took the roll and did not put it back and got rid of it somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member