The Duct Tape Match

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to find a picture of the tape on the gas cans, but I have so much stuff bookmarked, it has all become useless.. tried to find it on google, got one of those sites where you get a cascade of windows opening, one after another, so quickly all you can do is go unplug the computer and restart it.

Does anyone have a pic of the tape on the gas cans and/or a shot of the type of tape itself that is safe to look at?

Don't you think IF GA bought this tape, he knows NOW what his daughter has done? Infact before the news today, I am sure GA (if he bought it) knew!!!!!! So why have they been blabbering all this nonsense? Why? Why? Why? GA & CA do you not take up for Caylee?????????? I personally would be scared if she did get to come home (of course she wont), but if she did. Justice for Caylee is coming. Yea Thank you God.

I saw a picture of the tape yesterday on maybe the photobucket thread. Let me go see if I can find it.

tapecomp2.jpg

Hopefully, the logo on the piece from the skull is 8.5 threads from the edge... just saying...

Here ya go!!:)

Hey Peculiar...just out of curiosity...SWAG (was someone a devil dog sniper?) not many people use that acronym. :clap:

I use it all the time. :)

Looks like the duct tape is covering the air vent.

View attachment 3187

I was trying to find a picture of the tape on the gas cans, but I have so much stuff bookmarked, it has all become useless.. tried to find it on google, got one of those sites where you get a cascade of windows opening, one after another, so quickly all you can do is go unplug the computer and restart it.

Does anyone have a pic of the tape on the gas cans and/or a shot of the type of tape itself that is safe to look at?

Here's one more in JWG's attachment.

(my bold)

The tape on the shelf brackets was not the "Henkel" logo tape.

This tends to highlight the absence of rolls of duct tape at the A's house somewhat in my mind, because that means there were at least two rolls of tape.

Only thing is, we don't know that the "Henkel" tape was ever part of the A's household, only that there was a piece on the gas can. That could have been put there while the can was out of the house (i.e., in the trunk).

Sure would like to know if Amy remembered anything distinctive about her roll of tape, but I guess we would have seen that in an interview transcript.
The shelf bracket could easily have been repaired with the "end" of a roll of duct tape and when George replaced the roll he got the good stuff that was found on Caylee AND on HIS gas can. Perhaps he bought the fireproof stuff simply because it WAS for the gas can and he was being super cautious...anything is possible in this mess.
I wonder if Fireguard Duck tape might be useful in the Repair Department of a Lexus dealership. For hoses or something? Wouldn't it be poetic justice if GA helped himself to a roll of it while performing his security guard duties, and it turned out that his act of petty theft helped convict KC and bring justice for Caylee.
That would be so PERFECT!

If this tape was no longer being sold after 2006, the odds are that it was NOT the roll that Amy had purchased for the Anything But Clothes party. She likely NEEDED the duct tape and so, as most of us will do, went and BOUGHT a cheap roll to use for the ocassion. It is POSSIBLE it came from her dads, but not probable since there was a piece of it (that appeared as if it had been in place for quite some time) ON Georges gas can. If Amy DID purchase tape for that party, and I am sure that LE already knows the answer to this question, she could NOT have purchased THIS tape as it was no longer even being sold when that party happened.

Also in explanation of the tape being absent from the home? Perhaps Casey used it all and threw it out when she did. Who would have noticed it in the garbage at THAT point? That was a month before any of the Anthonys even were aware Caylee was REALLY missing. Duct tape goes fast at my house. I buy many rolls of it throughout the year for various "jobs" and there are times when we run out and there isn't any here. I am sure this is the case with many folks.

And on another note, that gas can is metal and those are not cheap and actually are difficult to find anymore, so Georges ONLY alternative, if he was partial to that metal can, WAS to use duct tape on the vent hole if he wanted to "repair" it. It is obviously an old can-he may even have BROUGHT that can from Ohio...I personally have not seen a metal gas can like that for sale anywhere around these parts in YEARS...

I keep thinking, as you have stated, this tape is costly. I would like to know what price range. Thinking, why would someone purchase high dollar duct tape for general hosehold use. Which makes me think, this was probably NOT purchased recently, and maybe was absconded from some employer. So, who would work for a company apt to have this sort of product on hand? I am guessing there is a tight link between what was on Caylee and the Anthony home, but how did they happen to have it? Any thoughts on this?

Marica

Maybe KC used the shovel to bury the roll of tape...so much easier than burying Caylee.

Sort of like covering your face up when your naked instead of your er, nakedness.....

I keep thinking, as you have stated, this tape is costly. I would like to know what price range. Thinking, why would someone purchase high dollar duct tape for general hosehold use. Which makes me think, this was probably NOT purchased recently, and maybe was absconded from some employer. So, who would work for a company apt to have this sort of product on hand? I am guessing there is a tight link between what was on Caylee and the Anthony home, but how did they happen to have it? Any thoughts on this?

Marica

I think you'll appreciate post #745 in response to you question about the origin of the tape...

So I thought of something odd. Remembering that AH was at one time working in theatre and set design, I can't help but wonder if the tape that KC took from her was a roll she used in that capacity. Under hot stage lights wouldn't tape possibly unglue from heat?? This is in NO WAY WHATSOEVER implying AH had anything to do with anything, but can you see someone asking a friend about a cheap 2$ roll of tape? Perhaps, knowing it was rather pricey and hard to come by would have caused AH to bring it up at all. JMO That poor AH has been through so much and I hope she finds closure soon. Maybe the piece of duct tape made its way to the gas gan while in KC's trunk? Just a random thought. I hesitated to even post this for fear it would look like I was implying that AH could have been involved but it may make sense as to why TAPE was ever the subject of a text at all. Heck I have neighbors with dishes I just haven't bothered to ask for, mentioning duct tape? There has to be a reason here.

A gaffer is the guy/gal who tapes down the electrical cables on a movie set, stage etc. so cameras can roll by and people don't trip hence the name Gaffers Tape. It's not fireproof though, or wasn't back in the 80's when I lived that stuff. It's just wide, silver Duct tape. The people doing lighting used clips to secure anything that came in contact with heat.

And stage hands could get a free sign to hang in their shop cause they buy it by the case, and THAT's why there was a Henkel Tape sign hanging in the hardware store on some episodes of Little House! aha!

This is a bit O/T,I read all of the autopsy report tonight.I found it very interesting.ONe part made me cry, reading about the duct tape over Caylees mouth and nasal passages.How could she?????

This is a bit O/T,I read all of the autopsy report tonight.I found it very interesting.ONe part made me cry, reading about the duct tape over Caylees mouth and nasal passages.How could she?????

With a cold, uncaring, selfish heart!!!!

This question occurred to me after following the case since it broke but why did he have duct tape on the gas cans? I somewhat remember talking about someone sticking it on there to tear off a piece but I may have dreamed that.

oh I'd also like to add that they should be able to pull up the PO's and everything and find which Lowes these boxes were distributed too. If it is a Lowes distribution center most likely, then find out where the boxes of duct tape were distributed. Concentrating on Lowes . Then going through the records of purchases the family made at Lowes. I used to work for a company that made duct tape. They were Lot# because of course, if something went wrong with the duct tape we could pull that specific lot. I do not think the rolls themselves have a lot number on them. I think the cartons the duct tape is shipped in do. I know my warehouse kept those lots on file and they went to the distributer this way. I would think with a reasonable amount of effort they would be able to figure out which boxes shipped to the Lowes nearest the A's. However, it really wouldn't show much because you couldn't really say this piece has this lot stamped on it and it goes along with this piece. You could say only Lowes had such and such amount of boxes in it's inventory and it's this Lot#. That's probably how they know the limited run on the discontinued tape.

She could because nothing and no one matters to Casey BUT Casey and Caylee was no exception!:furious:

Would this type of tape be used on heat and air duct work, or electrical cables? I've had repairmen leave tools and other supplies at my home.

Marica

I think you'll appreciate post #745 in response to you question about the origin of the tape...

Not picking out you guys in particular. Just as representative posts.

This ground has been covered in great detail earlier in this thread. I found the first post I can from the WS sleuther in Orlando who owns a roll of the Henkel Tape. That post is appended here.

Note that he got it at a Home Depot. This tape was not particularly special purpose. "Max 200 F" isn't a really spectacular distinction. Think of it like this...
"Do not use this tape in situations which might get much hotter than a cup of coffee."

Later posts by this same sleuth indicate that when he bought the tape there was a lot of it there. It was part of imminent storm sales dispays.

henkel_duct_tape1.jpg
henkel_duct_tape2.jpg

I can post pics now! Not sure I did this right, but as I said in another post...if WE have Henkel duct tape, it must be VERY common LOL We live 30 minutes from the Anthony's...who knows...we may even shop at the same Home Depot. IMO, There is no way anyone is tearing this tape with their bare hands or teeth. Need scissors or a knife...it's really tough.

Another post by FairNBalanced concerning the Henkel tape.

Note that this pic of the inside of his roll also shows the "Duck" logo. In general this is not indicative of high dollar, special purpose tapes, so that avenue of approach is likely to be unsatisfactory.

Since I'm sitting here with a roll of tape with the logo on it, and a sh*tload was sold during the period of time we had those hurricanes come through here...what does it prove if the rolls on the shelves now don't have the logo? There's no doubt that there are thousands of rolls of this tape in homes in this area so there has to be a bunch of it around. I know I would probably feel it wasn't common...IF....I didn't have a roll of it myself. Was a big surprise to me too, that I had it. Really made me sit up and take notice...so I think a jury could be convinced that having that brand of tape available to the accused doesn't mean thousands of others don't have it in their homes as well. There's going to have to be more evidence to match the tape from the crime scene to the Anthony home.
Wonder if Amy's tape had the Henkel logo on it. I know that I would have remembered what my roll of duct tape looked like if it had that distinctive logo on it. Wonder if LE asked Amy if her tape that KC took had that logo?
I couldn't manage to get a decent pic of the inside of the roll of tape...
henkel_inside.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members