The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I found out they did not have a TV, and have not had one for years, I was dumbstruck. Lets make a fortune off the great American viewers, but not let our own be contaminated from TV viewing. Double standard .
My girlfriend would not let her family watch TV ,especially resentful when her spouse wanted to watch on his day off, but she could get on the computer for hours.I call BS!

Yea well, actually rabbits come to my mind. Duggars are on the cover of People magazine saying they might have more children, even after she had all the complications with this poor premature baby #19. Seriously it boggles my mind.

Lots of people have another child after having a premature baby. Let's face it, the issue that irks people is that they have so many children not that they are going to have another after a preemie. People do that all the time with no fanfare or outrage from others.

These people are on a reality show, they should expect that people will talk about them. They are getting paid for this. Their choice

They are famous for making babies I guess

IMO, they are on the same level as Octomom. I don't think it is fair for the other children to have to continuously carry around babies. I think this couple is extremely self centered and care nothing about the impact their actions may carry over to others.

Lots of people have another child after having a premature baby. Let's face it, the issue that irks people is that they have so many children not that they are going to have another after a preemie. People do that all the time with no fanfare or outrage from others.

I don't know of lots of people that say they might have another child after having 19 children, last of whom is premature, and the mother is in her forties.
I am pretty sure Duggars are unique like that.

I agree,Jjenny,and I can only speak for myself when I say I DO NOT CARE how many kids they have,I only disagree it for with the reasons I outlined prior.They can 20 or 40 or 100 kids,for all I care.I'm not worried about overpopulation or anything like that.The immediate, closer -to- home issues are what bother me.But I have a right to disagree,and I do.Michelle and the next baby (if there is one) may not be so lucky next time. She's approaching her mid-forties with a history of 19 pregnancies,4 of which were c-sections, and 2 cases of pre-eclampsia.They came within 30 mins. this time..what's next? a 22 weeker who doesn't make it? or perhaps his or her mother may not.it's too close a call for me to agree they should keep on having them,given her med. history,age, and the circumstances of this latest birth(high BP and coming within 30 mins. of certain disaster).

The Duggars are controversial and my opinion may not be a popular one but I really don't care. I just need to say it.

Sure, they have alot of kids and though it may not be something you or I would choose to do it is just that THEIR choice. It is within their Constitutional rights to have as many children as they want. Or as God wants them to have.....

They are providing for these kids and not living off of the Government to my knowledge and more importantly, IMO from all accounts these are some of the most well mannered and well behaved children I have ever seen ....reality show or not! The world is filled, I mean FILLED with spoiled brats! Some come from broken and dysfunctional homes some do not but either way with all of the horrible things that we read about children and young adults doing to other people in this world I am glad to know the Duggars are contributing more good people into the population. We need em! These kids will be less likely to rob, rape or kill someone in ten or fifteen years!

Forgot to add.....as far as the new baby being a preemie and all, that could have just as easily happened with a first time mother. Yes, the risk may go up but I respect their choice to put that stuff in God's hands. They have 18 other healthy children.

18 other healthy kids and 1 preemie they need to be around for! I think God is telling them to stop.It may be all too easy to blame God,but I don't think He is responsible for this.The Duggars are.We are given free will,and in a fallen world,God expects us to utilize the resources He has given us...things like common sense,reasoning and Dr's who provide sound medical advice.(none of which the D's have utilized in this case,other than going along with the emergency c-section,IMO).If anyone wants to say its God's will, then perhaps God has handed them a crisis because he wants to get their attention and wake them up to the dangers of continuing to procreate under the given circumstances.

ETA: I don't think anyone is questioning their family values,their lifestyle, nor their children..only their (lack of)common sense in continuing to reproduce under the circumstances.

This is no special message from "God" imho. Any woman who continues to procreate past the age of 40 is entering high risk territory. That some women CAN become pregnant without medical intervention past 40 tells me it's natural and "meant to be" else we'd stop menstruating in our 30's.

Between the Duggars already having 18 kids and Michelle's advanced maternal age and then this catastrophe of a pregnancy, it's easy to call this a "sign" from God. I sort of think of God as "the Way Things Are" lol and on that, agree on that IDEA that this could be a "sign". If they continue to have unprotected sex they'll subject themselves to higher chances of problem pregnancies and putting Michelle's and the newest baby's lives at an ever climbing risk.

Is it the NUMBER of children or Michelle's advanced maternal age? Nope it's both :P

I watched DHC the other night and a 54 y/o American woman (at least fifty, not sure) went through massive medical intervention to give birth to a son. Then there are those that give birth even later.

I guess I like the fact that we have not put limits on reproductive CHOICE, instead, we've expanded them, as a society and world. I personally like that, though wouldn't dream of doing it myself even at the age of 44 :P . I hope for our sakes there is NEVER an artificial "limit" set on anyone's desire to reproduce. That tells me we are essentially a kind society and world. The alternative is A Brave New World and the like. In spite of the catastrophic pregnancies and the 63 year olds having twins, that is small potatoes in comparison to the alternative.

My one little comment in a shade of green below:

This is no special message from "God" imho. Any woman who continues to procreate past the age of 40 is entering high risk territory. That some women CAN become pregnant without medical intervention past 40 tells me it's natural and "meant to be" else we'd stop menstruating in our 30's.

...or not begin when we are 15, 11, even 9 yrs old?

btw, I agree with much of what you typed and thank you for such a thorough post. :-)

Honestly, I don't know how they have the time and energy to procreate in the first place. I have one little two year old, and she certainly has put a damper on my sex life!

OK now,time for a new little one! who's next,Ms D or Anna? maybe it'll be both of them again this yr.

Honestly, I don't know how they have the time and energy to procreate in the first place. I have one little two year old, and she certainly has put a damper on my sex life!

LOL. I honestly don't get how they have the time either. I have 7, and I can't imagine having 19. I'd go insane.

I wonder if Michelle will quit now, she and the baby almost died this time. Imagine being pregnant for 20 years? I think she should stop, they have more kids than they need and now the kids are having kids.

it should be GETA,for what it really stands for...the gov't eating tasty animals (us).

I wonder if Michelle will quit now, she and the baby almost died this time. Imagine being pregnant for 20 years? I think she should stop, they have more kids than they need and now the kids are having kids.

She isn't using any birth control and apparently doesn't plan to use it. So, the answer would be no, assuming she is still fertile.

Eek...

I saw that this thread was updated and my very 1st thought was that Ole Michelle was knocked up again...

Thank goodness I was wrong!!! 8-)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back