The elusive "other" cell phone - the Blackjack - REVISITED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know of. I have a tracfone, it's cheap, and I don't use my cell much. I bought mine at Target, KC's favorite store. It's a Motorola flip phone, with camera. I don't recall seeing anything like a Blackjack or Blackberry type phone. But that is in my area, maybe FL is different, more choices.

Blackjack, if she even HAD one, would be a plan phone.

Perhaps MM is an alias(?), but that is the name she knows. It certainly sounds like a name to me. Whether or not I have the spelling right I don't know. There is a long period of time where her whereabouts can't be confirmed, and with whom.

George and Cindy Anthony Jailhouse Visit 7-25-08:

(Cindy - "Jose said that you said everything would make sense once we found Caylee.")
Well yeah. Once you have someone that you can talk to that you can get real explanation from that, notes, knows where she's been...
Be sure no one's been with Mark Meschino (sp)

I agree.

But, she also acted spooky with her parents about JG. Said to stay. "As far away from JG as possible."

Is this Mark supposed to be an accomplice, or something?

There is enough evidence that she did have a blackjack to believe it. There is the myspace comment to Heather, her co-worker, for one. Also her sim card is similar but yet different to her phone memory, also indicating she had another phone so I don't see why this is such a disputed piece of information. Are all of the photos of her with a phone only one phone? I haven't looked for that specifically, but just ask if anyone else has noticed.

What does the presence of absence of an extra phone have to do with the crime?

Casey said that she switched the sim cards back and forth on both phones.
Casey also said she kept the SAME number for both phones.
Zenaida NEVER was on ANY of her cell records.

And, this is the point KC overlooked, when she was trying to distract LE with her blather about lost phones.

Yes, she did say that. But notice she couldn't have limited her phone to only the sim, but also entered numbers into the phone memory and eliminated some. This is easy to see by looking at both docs. The final entry on the Sim card is Det. Melich, entry 97. It is also the final entry on the phone memory but is 167, a difference of 70 numbers. I don't own a cell or sim card, so maybe someone knows a reasonable explanation that eliminates the possibility that there is another phone with a different memory bank.

Looking at both docs, it appears to me that the phone memory has the sim card loaded twice, the first half being where she did some editing, deleting and changing names. Evidence of this is shown through Ricardo being called boyfriendizzle in entry 44 and Ricardo in entry 137. The whole bottom half matches the Sim card entries. So I would assume the card was removed and put back in, thus bringing in the sim memory a 2nd time. She made changes to the top half, leading me to believe, on the Nokoia, the top half was the recent numbers used, perhaps replacing some that were obsolete, and new ones added would be at the bottom. Correct me if this isn't the way it would work. I draw this conclusion from the last half of the phone memory being identical to the sim card. If she were scrolling through to find a number, didn't like the way one was written or didn't want it there, she would change it, replace it or delete it. Now, we know when Ricardo was still her boyfriendizzle and when that was likely changed.

I also agree that no calls to anyone named Zenaida has been identified. But that doesn't eliminate the possibility that one of the yet unidentified numbers isn't this person or that the person's name isn't really Zenaida. No one seem to have a problem believing she has lied, for obvious reasons. But there are pieces of truth woven in.

What truth?

LE tracked down every single call and text, and email, from her phone records and email account. No calls, texts, emails top or from ZFG, under any name or false name. They checked out every, single one.

Very, very small pieces of truth, some times, maybe.

Actually, IMHO, that "there is always a bit of truth somewhere in KC's lies" is not correct.

Nothing about ZFG was correct. Nothing about JH, not much about JG, not much of what she says to her friends... most of that is PURE lie. Nothing of what she says to her family...

im not sure if there was a black jack or not....but they did take a lot of cell phones from the house....seems like the A's go thru or use a bit of them....or just keep all their old ones.....:) im just still curious why her bill's were so high????

Well, LE said she would often make phone calls and text (at the same time!) something like 50 or 60 times. a day to her friends. They said her heaviest used was during her working friends' lunch hour.

So,.. the size of the bills makes sense, IF you don't take unlimited plans into consideration. Why didn't she have an unlimited plan?

Ive been away from this message board for awhile. But I thought I would revisit and do some reading....
I agree with you. Something just doesnt add up, with her killing her kid. Ive thought the same thing in the past. That there was someone or something bigger. You are right she was adament about the stairs at the Apt Complex, the gates at Universal. The names Jeff & Julliette, and Zaneida. Some how all this is tied in.

But, she's most adament when she's lying. Like insisting to LE that Zanny lived where she obviously did not

There IS a Jeff Hopkins. She was barely acquainted with him, in h.s. He spoke with her ONCE since they both left high school. Juliette Lewis is an actress. She never worked at Universal. KC knew the apartment at Sawgrass was empty, because she had friends living there.

KC's lies don't usually have secret meanings. She lies compulsively, and reflexively.

If she was the CEO of 3M, she lie and say she was the President of Monsanto.

She's not a deep person with dark secrets, she's a common-as-dirt sociopath, and as is typical of sociopaths, she lies.

I remember in some long post back that. Not sure where it was posted but KC was friends with Kiomarie. She said "Kiomarie" said that KC called her on her cell phone and Kiomarie answered it and thought it was one of her customers..What was Kiomaries job description.
Plus, Kiomarie was the one that called Police and said KC would have dumped the body in the woods!! (Why)?? This girls story has always bothered me.

Kiomarie and KC used to hang out in the woods near the school. They used to bury dead pets there. So, Kio thought that KC might have buried Caylee there.

But, the location of Caylee's disposal was close, but not exactly the same place in the woods.

Kio's location WAS searched at least twice.

I though her testimony made perfect sense, when I read it in the doc dump.

If Casey had a Blackjack, I would think that even though she may not have been using it because it didn't keep a charge well, that she would have brought it out with her to show it off, especially since her other phone was a cheapy. Nobody's ever seen this phone? Just doesn't seem likely, with her being so appearance conscious, that she wouldn't have shown anyone this phone.

Exactly!

So, she had two excuses to be without the phone: 1) it didn't hold a charge, 2) she lost it at Blanchard.

BTW-- What does a spare phone have to do with the crime? LE tracked down all the calls and texts that she made or received through her phone bills.

I think she thought she could throw LE off by claiming that a bunch of numbers and calls were on the other phone. She didn't think they'd go after her phone records from the carrier.

That's how bad a planner KC is.

BBM
Tied to all the lies,IMO :)

IMO using the," I left her at the stairs of the apartment", was an excuse/lie she came up with because LE would find out that she was lying and that no one by the name of Zanny ever lived in that apartment...

This is how I regard it (my own made up scenario) "Well Officer as far as I know Zanny lived here, I brought Caylee to her, but I never went into the apartment I would leave her at the stairs..so as far as I knew she did live here, but now YOU are telling me she didn't"

As far as I remember, Casey never told LE the stories she told her parents about sleeping over at Zanny's and having to go back to Orlando with Zanny's apartment keys to get the insurance papers from Zanny's room, which would have put her inside the apartment.

IMO Casey is a very determined liar, she believes her own lies and it is difficult to sway someone like that, ...I say this because my MIL is the same...for all her great qualities she is also a very effective liar and believes her lies, confront her and war breaks out ..

GREAT post! Thanks!

Disagree with just two little things.

I don't think KC believes her own lies. I think she knows exactly what she's doing all the time. And, I don't think she's an effective liar, just a prolific one. All the lies she told LE are just, plain stupid.

I have not been very successful at proving KC a very effective liar. KC admitted to lying and stealing, she admitted that she does not work at universal studios. The detectives stated nothing about confronting KC and "war breaks out" There is very little information available direct from KC.

I also don't recall anything about the insurance papers, was this from KC?

Yep. it was from KC.

LE confronted KC a FEW times, BTW. LE got no where, KC just stonewalled.

The only importance of the BlackJack is that KC said she used it to call the Nanny and that it needed to be found, to get Nanny's number.

That is it.

Since she claims she used the same sims card for both phones, then all calls she made on both phones would be on the same phone bill. Together. As one phone.

We all know this, but did KC when she think this out, when she made the statements? It sounds like she was making up a lie, that just can't fly.

The unknown phone numbers called, I'm sure at this point, the LE know to whom was called. It would be easy work. For one of the numbers to be the Nanny in question, it would have to be called often. It would have to be called several times the day she claims the Nanny ran off with her. She would have had to call the number while setting there waiting at the apartment complex for her to show back up with the baby.

Another words, this number would have stood out like a sore thumb.

Based upon those 2 things, I can not take seriously the Blackphone stuff. IT just seems like something she made up thinking it would explain away her not having the Nanny's phone number handy. This was early on, when she expected everything she said to be believed without questioning or logic. Like her taking them to her 'job.' Wow, would would think she would see that coming.

The 'gota find the phone' game is alot like the 'gota find the nanny' game. Gota find what is made up. If it's made up, it's not real and can NOT be found.

It me, if she had a second phone, wither it held a charge or not, it would have had it's own phone##.. IF she has such phone, it would be for some sort of work/etc.. that is not publicly known. I say that, because her friends don't seem to know a second number for her.

In short, she made the whole thing up to try to get LE off her butt.

That's our KC! :blowkiss:

I agree, I really struggle with separating KC and CA behaviors. Often I see CA as an extension of KC which is not the case, they are totally separate people. For instance... when confronted, a war breaks out. I had to stop myself and realize that statement describes what I have witnessed from CA not from KC.

With the exception of KC speaking with the CA in the jail house visit. CA seems to receive that kind of reaction from a lot of people not just KC.

I am not meaning to disrespect to the A's and all they are going through, however if I was the defense I would consider them hostile witnesses to the client. I have not seen the unconditional love or the support that they claim they have for their daughter..just the opposite.

They both have personality disorders, and they are both dominant and controlling. They are too much alike.

Two cats in a bag.

What kind of insurance was it? Does anybody know? Life insurance? Wouldn't that be proof of premeditation -- recent purchase of life insurance?

Hey HeSaidSheSaid, Casey didn't have to be a pro at lying. She was surrounded by idiots who never called her out on anything. They expected lies from her. As far as her phone plan, she didn't care, because she didn't have to pay for it. Someone else had the job of forking out money for Casey's phone(s). I don't think there was ever a Blackjack either. My image of Casey is that that of a girl with a vacuous expression skipping mindlessly through a meadow singing "la la la la la la la la la, no worries, no worries". And she didn't worry. She simply made up lies on the spot, and NO ONE called her out on it. It is truly mind-boggling. That is how she literally "got away with murder". Everybody just let her.:banghead:

This is an excellent analysis of KC's mind set and behavior. Thanks!:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Or, as my ex would say, "All the depths of a teaspoon."

Or, as my current SO would say, "If you blew in her left ear, it would come whistling out her right ear."

Does LE have a copy of the receipt from AT&T for the alleged Black Jack? Likely not. KC said the phone didn't hold a charge from the start, so then why didn't she return it? I'm sure any of us would have brought it right back and exchanged it, she did not, why? Probably because there was no Black Jack. JMO

She said it was the phone that the office gave her for event planning.

It wasn't the one Rev. G gave her (if he gave her one). This one was "newly acquired" and quickly lost.

It wasn't a black jack that he gave her. Casey had stated that was the one she bought for work iirc.

She didn't say she bought it, she said her office gave them to the planners.

Just throwing this in as a possibility. In Florida (and probably many other places), we have 2 ways to have a cell phone and go undetected. TracPhone, available at target:). Nice cell phone..$14.99. Pay cash for phone. Activate anywhere, even a payphone. No name needed. Add 250 minutes for about $20.00. No roaming, talk all over U.S. 3 texts only use up 1 minute. Phone of choice for drug dealers, etc. down here. Do your dirty work and throw phone in canal. Time for next crime, just start over for $14.99.

Another is Metro PCS. Phones start at about $100. $45.00 a month unlimited calls, text, long distance, etc. No bills sent out. Phone shut off if one day late. Go to any Metro PCS store and pay bill by number, not name. When you buy the phone, they do have you fill out form, but no ID required. John Smith works fine. No questions asked.

So I know of 2 ways to go undetected. But as I type this, I am now wondering if a) KC would be smart enough to do this, and b) why would she do this? Instead of delete, will post anyway in case other players in this case could be communicating via above means so LE can't track who is talking to who. Sorry, did go a tad OT in regards to others communicating this way. Just thought it was worth pondering.

Not smart enough. My guess is also that she might not have wanted to use a cheapie pre-paid phone. She was a phone snob.

That she wasn't that smart is evidenced by the ease with which LE was able to map out all her pings, and confirm the calls and texts with her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89