The enhanced 911 ending

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know. The only way I can get it to make sense makes other stuff not make sense..I was thinking along the lines of John didn't know Patsy was going to call the police (yet), crossed lines somewhere along the way. That could also go towards explaining why the body wasn't removed from the house...I have always thought the plan was to actually remove the body..just circumstances meant it happened the way it did. I can't find any way of making even the slightest bit of sense of staging a kidnapping but leaving the body in the house to be found.

I read on here the body was actually in the car but John used that hour and half window to put it in the basement, hoping it would be found?

I can't make sense of it either.

I read on here the body was actually in the car but John used that hour and half window to put it in the basement, hoping it would be found?

I can't make sense of it either.

No, it wasn't in the car. That was someone's theory based on speculation.

While watching the CNN special last night, I thought it sounded as though the receiver had just been placed on the desk area. I've listened over and over this morning. I think PR just absentmindedly put it down for the period of time the extra conversation was captured at the end, then she (or maybe JR) noticed it and put it on the receiver.

I suggest that BR was on the landing at the top of the spiral staircase or on the staircase so not literally in the kitchen.

I distinctly heard JR say "we're not speaking to you."

I heard PR say "How could you do this? Help me Jesus!"

I heard BR say "what DID you. . "

I think there may be more to the end of 911 recording than what has been released to us and is where PR can be heard saying "okay, we've called the police, now what?" as Kim stated that she clearly heard and which has haunted her for 20 years. I found Kim to be believable, she has no dog in this show.
"ok we've called the police, now what? " could be a worried frantic parent not the venting of someone covering up

"ok we've called the police, now what? " could be a worried frantic parent not the venting of someone covering up

Except Kim said the tone changed and she sounded calm then. She even reported that to her boss because she found it so strange.

I don't know. The only way I can get it to make sense makes other stuff not make sense..I was thinking along the lines of John didn't know Patsy was going to call the police (yet), crossed lines somewhere along the way. That could also go towards explaining why the body wasn't removed from the house...I have always thought the plan was to actually remove the body..just circumstances meant it happened the way it did. I can't find any way of making even the slightest bit of sense of staging a kidnapping but leaving the body in the house to be found.

ChloeR, as soon as you find something about a small child's murder that DOES make sense, you be sure to let us all know!

As much as I love the attempts to enhance this recording and wish it was more revealing, I have to admit that I hear nothing that I can make out as intelligible conversation. It reminds me of some of the ghost hunting shows that can hear just about anything from a muddy recording. Your brain loves to fill in the blanks, particularly when someone tells you what you will hear before you listen. To me this bit of "evidence" is of no value. I know that I'm probably in the minority on this but there you go.

As much as I love the attempts to enhance this recording and wish it was more revealing, I have to admit that I hear nothing that I can make out as intelligible conversation. It reminds me of some of the ghost hunting shows that can hear just about anything from a muddy recording. Your brain loves to fill in the blanks, particularly when someone tells you what you will hear before you listen. To me this bit of "evidence" is of no value. I know that I'm probably in the minority on this but there you go.
Agree that it is difficult for us as sleuthers. But I think it is valuable evidence for BPD. They have the copy that was cleaned up by Aerospace Corporation in El Segundo. No broadcast of that via any public medium will ever be as effective as the original is (e.g. in a courtroom).

It's noteworthy is that BR admitted to the GJ it was his voice on the 911 recording. He wouldn't admit that he was in the kitchen. Ok. So maybe he was in the hallway. Oftentimes, those so-called interrogators just didn't ask the right question(s).
"Although he would not admit he was in the kitchen when his mother made the 911 call, he told the juror's (sic) that it sounded like his voice on the tape."
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4afc17681011bdc050e5244a7d09bef7.gif
    4afc17681011bdc050e5244a7d09bef7.gif
    143.6 KB · Views: 7,379
  • 4908d982b66c6ef33ab400b6ce3320a7.jpg
    4908d982b66c6ef33ab400b6ce3320a7.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 491
Yeah, I agree with kanzz. We may never know exactly what was said in that convo but the key point is that Burke's voice can be heard which is a major discrepancy in the Ramseys story. Mike Kane, Thomas, Kolar, Beckner (I believe? In his AMA) and Burke himself have all confirmed they've heard it and presumably off a better copy than CBS had. The police and prosecutor all thought it was important and Burke's lawyer subpoenaed the recording before he testified to the grand jury. There is a lot of sketchy evidence that gets overanalyzed imo but the Ramseys lying about Burke being in the room is relevant.

It's noteworthy is that BR admitted to the GJ it was his voice on the 911 recording. He wouldn't admit that he was in the kitchen. Ok. So maybe he was in the hallway. Oftentimes, those so-called interrogators just didn't ask the right question(s).
"Although he would not admit he was in the kitchen when his mother made the 911 call, he told the juror's (sic) that it sounded like his voice on the tape."

I didn't know this. Is it true that Burke admitted to the GJ that it was his voice on the tape? Is there a link to the article?

I didn't know this. Is it true that Burke admitted to the GJ that it was his voice on the tape? Is there a link to the article?

IMO, this falls into that Ramsey category where they admit things without admitting them. Burke didn't say it WAS his voice, he said it sounded like his voice. Just like the stupid maglite wasn't their flashlight, it looked like one they owned.

And it's consistent with Burke's way of answering-not-answering about the pineapple and Hi Tec boots on Dr. Phil.

I'd really like to know what those residing in Ramseyland suppose he heard on that recording that sounded like but was not his own voice. Years after the GJ Lin Wood did a little media tour proclaiming that he got the tapes from Lacy (NOT the Aerospace enhancement, or at least he didn't release it) claiming he could prove there was nothing at the end of the tape and it was a big lie perpetrated by the BPD to persecute the Ramseys. He gave the tape to CBS and ABC to let them test for the voices. Of course, neither the FBI nor the Secret Service had the technology to uncover what Aerospace did, so he could be confident the comparatively rinky-dink audio labs the media ended up using would not find anything. One network pulled out after receiving the analysis, saying the lab detected noises but it was too distorted to make out and hence LW was shopping around a non-story. The other network ran with it. LW made appearances on LKL and Dan Abrams claiming there was nothing at the end of the tape whatsoever.

And yet his own client told a jury he heard his own voice years before Woody pulled that little stunt. Funny.

I played around with the audio again, just the part where there might be voices. Tried to remove some of the louder clicks and pops. Wasn't entirely successful, but Burke's higher pitched child's voice is unmistakable at the end, imo.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5rtrk2af64wc20i/voices_jbr911.wav

My newest take on this version and section of the audio:

911 Operator: Patsy?
Burke: (faintly) I'm sorry.
911 Operator: Patsy? Patsy...?
JR: We're not speaking to you.
PR: Help me Jesus! What did you do to her?!!!!
Burke (more distinctly): What did you find?

On other versions I still think I hear Patsy say "Sweetie" before her line as well, but it's not discernable here.

Zoriah - thx a bunch. I hear only "what did you do to ___" and it sounds like 'me' and repeated 3 times.

Burke told the Grand Jury that the voice at the end of the 911 call sounded like him. He told Dr. Phil that he wasn't present for the call and he isn't on the tape. So which is it? It makes you wonder why John and Patsy had to admit that they 'learned' Burke was awake that morning shortly before he had to give GJ testimony. It's clear Burke's lawyer was presented with evidence that showed he was awake and that the family would have to straighten their story out to cover themselves.

AndHence, I don't know the timing of all the statements but the one by the Ramseys may have been after they learned that BR admitted during his interview that he was pretending to be asleep while his mother went psycho after she woke him by coming into his room.

The part that never sat well with me and that they can't recover from is that they didn't wake him on purpose to ask him anything about his sister's disappearance and then left him alone on the second floor as they awaited the cavalry to come to find his sister who was kidnapped from the same floor, just down the hall from his bedroom. It begs credulity.

I can understand a child hiding in his or her bed from a frantic scene going on in the house. It is very normal. It just is not normal that the parents of a believed-to-be-kidnapped child would abandon the other child in the dark on the far side of the house just minutes after discovering the kidnapping or that they wouldn't be interrogating the child to see if he knows anything at all.

I Was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on the following:
https://youtu.be/qAY_G7I8wm8

I know this is my own supposition and I know it's a big If, but IF
that was being said, wasn't John supposed to be pretty
much in the same room/next to Patsy?
I want to try and hear something other than what I think I hear.
Do you hear anything and if so what do you think?

I hear PR saying to someone "The phone's rinGing!, POLICE..." Not sure why she would have to tell whomever that the phone at 911 is ringing as that's what 911 is for to call for help.

I listened for about 5 minutes.
I keep getting the last syllable sounding like "em"
combined with the tone of her desperation it sounds to me like....
'don't leave me with them?" doesn't quite fit but that's the vibe I keep hearing.

interestingly her volume doesn't seem to change . so she is either speaking anticipating the receiver....talking to herself....or a person who is in close proximity.

haven't heard this before....cool! thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back