The Innocence Project and Darlie Routier

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What if (because I don't know) Darlie decided that night to commit suicide but kill the boys first? After she actually cut herself she figured out this wasn't such a great idea and had to scramble to explain things. What offender comes in to a family occupied dwelling and kills two sleeping babies before attacking their target? If it doesn't make sense then it didn't happen that way. In my opinion only, this goes for Darlie's case and many others.

Only Tommy Sells Maybe the only example but there have been a lot of middle of the night entry's Etc its not impossible but why was the other occupant 100% cleared ...or was he ? I know the majority of the evidence but I still have lots of reservations and I don't think she did it, I'm not a fan at all I don't think we would like each other in real life, I just have never clicked with this for some unknown reason.

What do you all think about the Innocense Project accepting Darlie's case? All I can say that if they help prove Darlie is indeed innocent I will have a lot of crow to eat! I've believed her to be guilty for years but if they can prove me wrong I'm willing to admit I was wrong and offer my appologies. Just curious what everyone thought about them accepting her case after all of these years.

I’ve ALWAYS thought she was innocent. Imho she had a lot of “frenemies” and very jealous people in her circle who were happy to bring her down. They smeared her for things that are common in wealthier Texas suburbs like boob jobs & jewelry. They portrayed her as a bad mother- but I think she got a bad rap. I also believe this investigation was completely bungled and that at the time in 1988 Rowlett, Texas police detectives were in WAY over their heads. They needed to preserve evidence and call in the FBI or at least the Dallas Police Department detectives. I think the “silly string” incident was blown WAY out of proportion and misinterpreted. The “silly string” video at the grave wrongly convicted her. Darlie was young and naive/ misguided but nobody can fault her for acting crazy after losing her babies. There is a bloody fingerprint that hasn’t been identified, a bloody sock was found in the alley, she was stabbed severely enough in her neck that she was very close to dying herself. I truly hope they can prove her innocence. There are other cases where transients break in and stab people in the house and flee without committing burglary. Truth is often stranger than fiction.

And in other cases where people break in, there are signs of the break in, evidence of the intruder etc. Locard’s exchange principle.

I don’t want to think that Darlie killed her kids either, but many parents have done just that. And in this case, the evidence points in one direction only.

What is the innocent project's percentage of overturned convictions? It seems odd to me that they would take this case when every piece of dna evidence that they've already ran comes back to darlie. If the innocence project get all the dna done that they want and it still comes back to darlie will that change the minds of her supporters?

What is the innocent project's percentage of overturned convictions? It seems odd to me that they would take this case when every piece of dna evidence that they've already ran comes back to darlie. If the innocence project get all the dna done that they want and it still comes back to darlie will that change the minds of her supporters?

I doubt that the minds of her supporters will ever be changed. They ignore evidence. They can't believe that a mother would kill her children in such a horrible way. They judge from their own feelings which don't include room for a narcissistic, troubled woman choosing to stab her own babies and then herself because they can't imagine a sickness allowing such a scenario. They are good people who have absolutely no idea how bad a momma can be based on their own experience and feelings alone.

I doubt that the minds of her supporters will ever be changed. They ignore evidence. They can't believe that a mother would kill her children in such a horrible way. They judge from their own feelings which don't include room for a narcissistic, troubled woman choosing to stab her own babies and then herself because they can't imagine a sickness allowing such a scenario. They are good people who have absolutely no idea how bad a momma can be based on their own experience and feelings alone.

OK FYI not me, I am so beyond troubled honestly and I have been so sad , angry etc , I can defiantly see me doing something insane ( lets keep that between us ) and need to be reeled in every once in awhile , two of my closest friends one from in high school/one that was my first babysitter committed matricide both girls that I would say would never never do this , both cases I adored their moms , so I don't fall into that " she would never do this category" I swear I was not joking when I said in real life Darlie and I would probably not like each other at all , its something else , I just do not think she did it , but I don't know about the other one , Id sure be interested in what the surviving child who is grown now thinks and has heard over the years.

That is a sad thought. How could you/would you ever resolve yourself to the fact (scenario if you prefer) that your mamma is a monster? I would expect that would be next to impossible for one who had little memory of that time.

I think drake has been told that his mother was railroaded and she's innocent. My father's cousin killed his wife (also featured on forensic files) and most of my family on that side think he's innocent... oops it was an accident. So i get the family thinking she couldn't possibly have done it. I had heard years ago on a message board that one of her sister's was thinking Darlie had done it. But i can't remember where I saw it. Maybe Darlie guilty as charged board? I spent a lot of time there.

I think drake has been told that his mother was railroaded and she's innocent. My father's cousin killed his wife (also featured on forensic files) and most of my family on that side think he's innocent... oops it was an accident. So i get the family thinking she couldn't possibly have done it. I had heard years ago on a message board that one of her sister's was thinking Darlie had done it. But i can't remember where I saw it. Maybe Darlie guilty as charged board? I spent a lot of time there.
Is that board still in existence, would lie to check it out if you could provide a link. TIA

I suggest you read the trial transcripts, the DNA results and the appellate decisions. The police investigation was not unprofessional. In fact a parallel investigation was set up. They had to clear the two adults in the home and any family members of the two boys at the same time they were investigating an intruder--they couldn't clear Darlie. Over 150 DNA tests were conducted on the evidence prior to trial and they could not clear Darlie. Since 1996 Darlie has had more post conviction DNA tests granted than any other DR inmate, the evidence has been subjected to the very latest in DNA techniques including Y-STR testing on some of the evidence. No unknown male DNA was found on any of the evidence which pretty much excludes an unknown male committing murder in the home that night. No unknown male DNA from sweat or fingerprint oils was found in the bloody partial print 85J.

Darin was considered the first suspect by the RPD. However Darin statements in interviews always remained consistent and Darlie's changed every time. Also when the DNA results started to come in they pointed solely to her, not Darin so the focus shifted from Darin to Darlie.

I'm going to assume Dr. Grande's statement (love this guy btw) is due to the fact the RPD called in an experienced, veteran crime scene analyst who told them the CS appeared staged after his walk through.

After learning the evidence, the 911 call, reading the transcripts, the DNA results and the appellate decisions, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Darlie Routier murdered her two sons. I thought she was innocent at one time, but once I learned the case I can no longer give her the benefit of innocence. The 911 call sealed her guilt for me.
I suggest you read the trial transcripts, the DNA results and the appellate decisions. The police investigation was not unprofessional. In fact a parallel investigation was set up. They had to clear the two adults in the home and any family members of the two boys at the same time they were investigating an intruder--they couldn't clear Darlie. Over 150 DNA tests were conducted on the evidence prior to trial and they could not clear Darlie. Since 1996 Darlie has had more post conviction DNA tests granted than any other DR inmate, the evidence has been subjected to the very latest in DNA techniques including Y-STR testing on some of the evidence. No unknown male DNA was found on any of the evidence which pretty much excludes an unknown male committing murder in the home that night. No unknown male DNA from sweat or fingerprint oils was found in the bloody partial print 85J.

Darin was considered the first suspect by the RPD. However Darin statements in interviews always remained consistent and Darlie's changed every time. Also when the DNA results started to come in they pointed solely to her, not Darin so the focus shifted from Darin to Darlie.

I'm going to assume Dr. Grande's statement (love this guy btw) is due to the fact the RPD called in an experienced, veteran crime scene analyst who told them the CS appeared staged after his walk through.

After learning the evidence, the 911 call, reading the transcripts, the DNA results and the appellate decisions, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Darlie Routier murdered her two sons. I thought she was innocent at one time, but once I learned the case I can no longer give her the benefit of innocence. The 911 call sealed her guilt for me.

Are we in corrupt 1997 Texas or are we in 2020? Hey Cami :)

interested to see if anyone has considered this case to be sexually motivated?.. i honestly think there are parellels between this case and Robert Howard Bruce the ‘Ether’ rapist...
Robert Howard Bruce is a convicted burglar, rapist and he attempted to murder a policeman his wife and child. He is also known as the ‘Ether’ rapist, some of the signature in his case is apparent in Darlies.

I know her case was investigated as an intruder/burglary;however I think she was the target, and a victim of sexual assault (which would explain also why nothing was stolen, jewellery etc). I think she was smothered with Ether (accounts for the soreness in her mouth, why she didn’t awake during any of the assaults, her dizziness, and memory loss). Two cases that he was convicted for one woman awoke from being asleep in her bed to being in her garden in just her t-shirt no pants (I understand Darlie has no idea where her panties were as she had fell asleep in them) Robert is also known for taking items of clothing with him. Another of his victims awoke to him attempting to put a sock on her foot.

Darlie said she thinks her son may have woken her up by calling her, I believe Devon woke to see his mother being molested by Robert, I believe he then attacked Devon, and Damon woke to see Devon being attacked, called his mother and tried to go toward her when Robert then attacked him, when he thought both children were dead he then attempted to kill Darlie. Does anyone know if a rape kit was performed when Darlie was taken to hospital?

Robert is known to flee on foot, Eagle Drive is so close to Route 66. Robert operated between 1985 and 2006 and regularly flew into Dallas and then drove to Oklahoma to carry out attacks, he also attacked women in Lubbock, Austin, Colorado and New Mexico, he regularly stalked women for up to a year, had dark shoulder length hair and is tall. He also shopped in Dallas regularly.

Detective Jim Parks of the Norman Police Dept has investigated cold cases with regard to Robert Howard Bruce. I have tried to contact him but to no avail.

Finally, I know a lot of emphasis is on the fibres from the bread knife, were those fibreglass fibres ever compared to the fibreglass used in the printed circuit boards at Darins workplace? Their dinner that night was soup and rolls, if Darin cut a roll and just as a habit wiped the knife on his workshirt and put it back in the knife block?

I think theres similarities here that shouldnt be dismissed?

Darlie was not raped. She refused a full rape kit as they were done at Parkland Hospital not Baylor, and settled for an examination by an OB/GYN. Nor was she rendered unconscious by ether or anything else. She is oriented as to time and place on the 911 call not groggy from drugs or anything else. In fact her tox screen showed only the diet pills she was taking. She wasn't dizzy, nor did she ever pass out. She is lying when she says she used an unstable vacuum cleaner as a crutch when she was standing beside a counter she could have leaned on if she felt faint. She told that lie to explain her blood on the vacuum.

Darlie said she thinks her son may have woken her up by calling her, I believe Devon woke to see his mother being molested by Robert, I believe he then attacked Devon, and Damon woke to see Devon being attacked, called his mother and tried to go toward her when Robert then attacked him, when he thought both children were dead he then attempted to kill Darlie. Does anyone know if a rape kit was performed when Darlie was taken to hospital?
snipped by me
What is Darlie doing while this guy is killing the kids? I don’t think an intruder would leave an adult sitting there to possibly scream for help or fight back because he’s worried about two little boys.

Nobody knows unless Darlie tells us. Is it a plant? Or did she try to throw it in the bin and missed? Did she throw something down the drain and forgot the sock? Did she need to get the sock out of the house for some reason? The sock ties back to the house, it was Darin's sock, it had the boys blood on it and Darlie's DNA in the toe. Why would an intruder take the sock?
It has always surprised me that the sock was taken out of the house in an apparent attempt to get rid of evidence but the knife was put back into the knife butcher block.....so figure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back