The Letter of Reference

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's an excellent point about it not saying she worked for him AT the hotel in Thailand. (Which, obviously we can deduce she did not under that name because she didn't have a passport until 1990.)

I agree that the signature is confident and it appears to be a bona fide legal signature of someone who has been signing his name that way for decades. Someone forging a signature would not be able to squiggle the letters together that way and more (or all) of the letters would be recognizable.

What we know about Thailand. Here's two real winners for you. Apparently a lot of stockbrokers stay there.

What we know about Thailand. Here's two real winners for you. Apparently a lot of stockbrokers stay there.

~ I don't believe LEK actually travelled and did not use her passport.
I'd have to find where I read this.

~ I don't believe LEK actually travelled and did not use her passport.
I'd have to find where I read this.

To clarify, the passport you are referring to was issued to Lori Erica Kennedy in 1990. The letter of reference said she worked for Steinback from high school through 1988. So if she traveled prior to 1990, it would have been under a different passport/name.

In the Seattle Times live chat, the investigator said:
The question of oversea travel has been raised. Her Lori Erica Kennedy U.S. Passport was checked for overseas travel and there was no travel recorded by the Department of State.
by Joseph Velling 5:33 PM

Here is a link to the Live Chat: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2013/06/discuss-the-jane-doe-case-at-2-p-m-today-in-live-chat/

hi everyone, first time posting here :greetings:
at my work I have written many letters of reference/recommendation and have also read many of them (I do the hiring here). this letter is extremely poorly written IMO. it is full of short sentences and really basic language that seems odd to me. the person who is supposedly writing the letter never identifies his title or in what capacity Lori worked for him. when he says "I would hire her again," that would have been where someone would add what they would hire her again for. his use of "from high school" is really vague and could mean anything in terms of age.

basically, if I received a letter of reference like this from someone, I would immediately discount it.

Hi turtlepoop. Welcome! I agree with you 100%.

:welcome:

what we know about thailand. Here's two real winners for you. Apparently a lot of stockbrokers stay there.

for some reason, my link did not paste. I will paste it later. However, my point is it appears that the oriental hotel was near the stockbrokers row of thailand. She may not have been related to a stockbroker at all; however, she could have worked for one or known one who visited this hotel and stole this stationery from him (or her).

The link i posted had to do with a stockbroker who was a pedophile (who seemed to be more into boys) and another pedophile. Both articles were connected to thailand and/or the oriental hotel. My point being that i believe thailand has a pretty good history of unwittingly hosting pedophiles of all sorts.

1. There is a Roger Steinbeck ( like on the hotel letter) in North Hollywood. He is 83 years old (according to peoplefinders) (mentioned before in this thread) He has a female listed at his address by the name of C. Steinbeck aka C. Howe. (63) she has former addresses in texas and colorado, and possibly washington state.
There is a younger Roger Steinbeck at the address also in his 30s ,and married. HE IS A LAWYER...but was in real estate prior to 2008. His wife has ties to Austin, Tx.
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/259024
They look either Armenian or Turkish, maybe
they are on Google+ and that is where I found most of the connections.

I am seeing a trend of lawyers on this note page...I had mentioned before it was a possibility she herself was in law school.
The texas ties and another possible connection to Turkey?

I am seeing a trend of lawyers on this note page...I had mentioned before it was a possibility she herself was in law school.

I don't see any evidence that would make me think she went to law school, but who knows at this point.

Sorry, I don't see it. There is an 83 year old man with that name who is a lawyer? The link you posted shows Pasadena, not Hollywood?
Then suddenly he is a man you found a picture of that is 45 or 50 years old? Just because the man you found a picture of looks like he could be Asian, you think the letter of reference could be legit? What would lead you to the conclusion that she went to law school?

There are two Roger Ronald Steinbeck as per White Pages. One is 83, one is in his early 30's. As per White Pages' deduction based upon former residences, the two men are related. The one in his 30's is a graduate of Loyala and was admitted to the bar in 2008.

There is also a Roger T Steinbeck who is listed as 64 in the White Pages.

On Ancestry.com you can find both of the older men's birthdates as well as a bit of information via the censuses on the older Mr. Steinbeck's history.

Just a quick glance shows the older Mr. Steinbeck he has lived an absolutely fascinating life.

I have nothing on him being a lawyer, though. . .not sure about the evidence for that one.

haha Claire, I was editing the post, and I kept having to go do work related things and got logged out so I had to redo each time, this is the final edit, sorry! there are 2 Roger Steinbeck. One is 83 the other is 30ish. per the people finders results. They are both listed at both addresses, one in North Hollywood and one in another town. Pasadena is the law firm address for the young of the two. I don't know what job the older one has. I was typing the old post before i figured out the younger one was a different person, sorry for the confusion....I should type out after I am totally done with the research instead of editing..sorry!!!!!
I am just wondering if she was in law school due to the Perkins thing, and now this guy is a lawyer.. nothing to back that up with. It is possible the letterhead was from one of these persons, if they are from or have family in another country and they were traveling.

Claire you quoted me before I got to edit...crazy work night sorry.

oh, and Kathy Jeung said she didn't know our FLEK and thought it was strange that she had her private phone number. I had a "friend" ask her.

It also appears that the C Steinbeck/Howe's middle name was Geneva. She died in 2003 and ancestry.com has "civil" which I am assuming means marriage...? Listed as Mississippi...which is a coincidence I guess that Ben Perkins was from that state... if that is the same one..I dont have a membership so I cant cross reference there.

haha Claire, I was editing the post, and I kept having to go do work related things and got logged out so I had to redo each time, this is the final edit, sorry! there are 2 Roger Steinbeck. One is 83 the other is 30ish. per the people finders results. They are both listed at both addresses, one in North Hollywood and one in another town. Pasadena is the law firm address for the young of the two. I don't know what job the older one has. I was typing the old post before i figured out the younger one was a different person, sorry for the confusion....I should type out after I am totally done with the research instead of editing..sorry!!!!!
I am just wondering if she was in law school due to the Perkins thing, and now this guy is a lawyer.. nothing to back that up with. It is possible the letterhead was from one of these persons, if they are from or have family in another country and they were traveling.

Claire you quoted me before I got to edit...crazy work night sorry.

I edited my post so it does not reflect your post before you got to edit it. I hate when that happens to me. Thanks for the clarification! Now it makes sense, but I still don't think she went to law school.

"Back in the day", hotels actually gave out stationery with their letterhead on it to hotel guests.

the thing with the Cecilia name is crazy. I mean it looks like she is several different ages, and lived all over the place. I wonder if another family member had the same name...I will look into it further. If someone has an ancestry membership, can you guys check...

I would love to see a pic of the old one and Cecilia.

oh, and Kathy Jeung said she didn't know our FLEK and thought it was strange that she had her private phone number. I had a "friend" ask her.

Please post this in the Jeung/Lish thread. This is an important piece of information.

Wow, interesting!
I wonder if a friend of Kathy knew our LEK and gave her the number. Private!? and not the business number. . .

thx!

There isn't a phone number on the letter of reference which to me is really strange...
I agree, this appears bogus.

The writing is not professional in that RS does not state what job LEK had / no skill set just she was cordial to other tenants.... not buying it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back